My daughter is having headaches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My daughter is having headaches

My 21 year old daughter is having headaches on the top of her head.  She says it feels like the top of her head is on fire.  She has also had a spell when she blacked out for several minutes.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we should start?
maybe she is starting to suffer from migranes (migraines)? also, sometimes something as simple as having her eyes checked may be helpful. if she needs glasses, headaches may occur. honestly, it could be a lot of things, diet, allergic to something?
certain cleaning chemicals in the home may contribute..just some things to think about.
My sister-in-law used to have terrible migraines that made her black out a couple of times.  Hers are genetic and she takes medication for them.  You really need to take her to the doc and have them run some tests.  I've heard of women who had bad migraines and turns out they had tumors or lumps in their brain or behind their eyes.  Not to freak you out, but go see the doctor to make sure there's nothing wrong internally.  Good luck!
Not to upset you but I also had bad headaches and blurred vision. Never blacked out though. Mine was a tumor on the pituitary tumor that had grown so large it was resting on the optic nerve. I always say headaches are not something to mess with. Take her to a doctor and let them run some tests. MRI's are great at detecting the smallest abnormalaties in the brain.
I agree. Anytime you are having blackouts or passing out, there is something going on. A head CT or MRI is in order. Start with your Family Practioner if a referral is needed and then head to a Neurologist. They are the experts.
Good luck to you and your daughter.
Correction: Pituitary Gland...
I'm a 20 yr old female, who started having horrible headaches about 3 years ago. I would have them 2 weeks out of the month non-stop. I couldn't function at all with them. I had myself thinking it was a brain tumor, and I knew it was because none of the doctors could figure anything out. Come to find out my hormones are all screwed up. Before jumping to conclusions have some blood tests ran. They put me on birth control and tried many meds, even physical therapy (thinking it was a tenstion headache). After they tried many BC pills, i found one that works. Not only do i take it but i'm also on a pill called topamax (spelling not for sure about) I take 2 every night at bed time, and i haven't had a horrible headache in months. I'm also taking a nutritional drink called "reliv." I know your probably thinking something like that won't work. Honestly it does, it reduced them a lot also, not only was i have less headaches, i had more energy, slept better, grades got better, I felt like a new person.

Hope this helps a little.