My stomach is growing, can I be Pregnant

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I have been having been having unprotected sexual intercouse with my partner. Recently, we decided to try for a baby, he has twice withdrawn inside of me. My first date of my last period was 7th March, he came inside of me 2weeks ago and 1 day last week,(my period is due this weekend).

I have noticed my stomach is much rounded than normal (shaped like a few months preg woman) and I am now having discomfort wearing my (now tight)clothes. I have had a feeling of nausea though not physically sick, a little tired, my boobs are a little tender, I did have HPT but was negative.

Can I be Pregnant? even though my partner and I have always used the withdrawal method and now recently we are not?

any time you have unprotected sex, withdrawl (withdrawal) method or not, you can become pregnant.. All it takes is 1 itty bitty sperm to fertilize your egg...

When did you take your HPT?

Do you have any children?  If this is your first pregnancy, your stomach is probably not rounding out becaues of pregnancy.  If it is your second, third, whatever, then that is a different story (muscles already stretched)

Good luck and take another HPT or schedule an appt with your doctor asap!!
Avatar n tn
I agree with Staci - yes, you could be pg.  Any time you have unprotected sex there is a chance of pg.  Withdrawing is not a very effective way of preventing pg.  

If your last period was March 7th, even if you are pg you would not be showing yet.  The increase in stomach size might be due to bloating or any number of other reasons, but not due to pg at this point.  

You took a hpt too soon for it to be accurate.  You need to take another hpt when you are late for your next period, which I assume is somewhere around April 4th.  

Good luck!!
Avatar n tn
Most women do not show until after their first trimester, but there are some special situations.  I did not start showing until 4-5 months pregnant, so I seriously doubt you're showing if you are pregnant.  Remember, women do get bloated right before their period, and it was especially for me in that area.  Also, tender boobs and sometimes nausea are all signs of PMS.  So, try not to dwell on symptoms as a sign of pregnancy, I didn't have any until I missed my period and alot of women really don't either.

You would've been around your ovulation time when you had unprotected sex, but it would've been a little early and by my calculations, and (if you have a 28 day cycle) your period wouldn't be due this weekend.  Like someone else said, it would be April 4th, so you probably won't get a positive hpt until then or after.  Good luck ttc and let us know how it turns out.
Avatar n tn
Thank you all, for your kind advice. I will now be working with a fertility calculator to detect my ovulation dates.   I will keep you informed on how I get on.
Avatar n tn
I am going through kinda the same thing.  My bf and I had an amazing relationship. And out of no where it ended, we do live 5 hours apart so I assume thats why things ended.  I still love him with all my heart but  I am in a tough situation.  I can't even remember the last time I had my period.  I have never been regular.  I think my last one was December.  Well we never used protection because the doctor told me I was unable to get pregnant due to my size, I'm only 96 pounds.  I had been really sick and never thought anything of it, until I went to the doctor, again and they ran a test and it came up negative, but they also went on to tell me to keep taking tests because, it was to early to tell from the last time we have had sex.  

I took a at home test and it came out positive, do I trust it? I have had nausea, I feel tired, I get headaches but they don't last long, I eat well, but my stomach still growls after I am finished eating.  I have had some constipation.

I filled my ex in on what was going on and he thinks it's some scam to get him back, he said he wants nothing to do with it, and if by some chance i am he wants it aborted.  Which I do not want to do, I am scared to go to the doctor, I am home visiting, and it's a small town word gets around.

I don't know what to do, I am only 20 years old.  
If you got a positive pregnancy test you need to go see a doctor. False positives are pretty rare.
How long should u wait to take a etc test
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Dee1956 commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals