NASTY NASTY NASTY!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

NASTY NASTY NASTY!!!

Ok... this is by far the worst thing possible that could EVER happen to a girl!! Ever since i was 13 i have been havin an odor coming from my underwear. It smells like B.O. I'm not a nasty person that does not bath or is not clean by no means. I am just so sick of it! I go to bed crying and praying that it will go away. The smell is not there all the time. It jus depends on if it is hot or what i'm doing. I know it is sweat because that's what it smells like when people sweat, but why in the **** would it come from "down there"?? I just want it to go away! It is SO VERY embarrassing!! I'm always worried I smell like it. I go to the bathroom all day just to see if i do! And then i dont want people goin in the bathroom after me because i dont want them to smell it. And what guy is going to want to do anything when it smells like B.O down there!?!?!?! Please Please Please give any helpful advice you know, or what it could be from. And i have tried putting deodorant down there, change my underwear, wear cotton underwear, EVERYTHING! But nothing works! HELPME PLEASE!!!
If it's bothering you that much you should see a doctor. Don't be embarrassed, they see/heard it all!
It will be ok. It smells differnt when you go through puberty. I don't know about you but when I worry I tend to make things worse in my head than they are in reality. I used to think the same thing, and it always seemed to occur worse when i wore tighter pants oh and don't always sit with your legs crossed. I bet you cross them a lot cause your worried that the smell will be stronger if you uncross them, but if it is sweat like you think, then its only going to make you sweat more. When i was really worried about smelling I would spray perfume on the crotch of my pants before putting them on and then spraying a little on my shirt. Hopefully this helps!
try baby powder as well but i would definately see a doctor!
I think you can also change this by changing your diet, not consuming as much dairy, make sure you dont use deodorized sanitary products ( those are not good for women). Also to help during your days out , maybe you could try those new feminine hygiene wipes.

try reading about the diet thing online,see if thats something you could do.

Well I hope you can find answers! Good luck
Well I'm 19 so i kind of thought that my puberty years would be over by now...! And i never thought about when i worry that might make it worse...could be! But know it gets bad sometimes because my sister has told me after she has went to the bathroom after me. It's just so embarrassing!! An i do cross my legs alot. I didnt think about that making it worse either. Thank yall for your help though! I really appricate it! And i just made an appointment today with the doctor. I just figured by now after it being 6 years that i would have out grown it. Thats what my mama said would prolly happen but it hasnt yet! I jus hope and pray the doctor can help me! But thank yall again!!
And i have thought about changing my diet... I heard that from somebody. But does it really work?
I would definitely recommend going to the doctor but remember, we all smell differently down there. Keep in mind that you will smell differently at different times as well. Nearing your period, during your period, after your period, on hot days, when you sweat...all of these things and more can cause different odors. Also keep in mind that usually, other people cannot smell the odors we can smell on ourselves.

Something I do is wear a non scented panty liner everyday. I could do to lose a few lbs and I tend to sweat between my legs so aside from any odor, it can be uncomfortable because of the dampness. Wearing a panty liner everyday really helps catch discharge, any kind of odors and the dampness.

I wouldn't recommend spraying body spray or perfume on your panties though. You don't want scented things near your vulva because it can cause infections. Make sure you are cleaning yourself thoroughly (with either plain water or non scented soap) and don't ******. Your vagina is a self cleaning mechanism so it doesn't need much help.

I would say that honestly, you are probably concerned about a scent that isn't as strong to others. But if it really seems to be a cause for concern, go see your OBGYN and mention it to her/him. They'll be able to check you out to see if everything is okay.
I don't know why it blocked that word out. I was saying don't d*o*u*c*h*e.
Oh i dont d o u c h e! And yeah i tried wearing panty liners but for me it made the smell worse! And i clean myself VERY VERY thoroughly EVERY single day! Someimes twice a day... So i mean thats what I'm saying... Im a very clean person so i dont understand why my body would put out thatkind of odor down there. But like sometimes I'll jus get hot throughout the day and my underwear will be wet and it will have that smell.. and like i said it's not all the time but enough to where it bothers me. I'm going to the doctor so hopefully hopefully they can tell me something!

I have another question thought, from yall's experience who would you rather have, a man or woman OBGYN?? I just figured a woman because she is a woman and she goes through the same stuff. I've never been so I'm a little bit scared! ha!
OH MY I AM LMAO  !!  Oh that just struck me so funny that they blocked that word and when reading your first post, i wondered what in the world is she saying ! !!  

i needed that chuckle! thanks!

good advice
I am really sorry this is happening to you.
My opinion of Dr. is that they can both be very good, I have male obgyn, not because of gender, it was just that when I went in the very first time and still, he sits down and starts off asking how I am and then addresses my issues. I do not want to feel like cattle.....in and out.

I have a long history w/ my obgyn dr. and he is a kind man , but i dont think he is agressive enough when trying to diagnose things. So from time to time dependingon the issue, i will see someone else (from same clinic)

I have seen females occasionally  and I really did feel a little more comfortable, in one particular instance I was really glad to see the female dr I did, i really dont think a male would have used her approach.
It is so personal, if you dont feel comfortable no matter what the gender,see someone else until you do.

keep us updated
I was just wondering whether it was actually your urine that smells bad, cause if it is it would leave a really bad smell in the bathroom after you use it and in the vagina area after wiping yourself with toilet paper. This can be caused by not drinking enough fluid, the food you eat and/or a urinary tract infection. It can actually smell like BO down there after a few hours if you don't drink enough and use the toilet a few times over the course of the day.

Start drinking more water and see if that helps. I'd still get a check up at the doctors too..
My ob/gyn was male.  I miss him.  He retired.  But I liked him just for the simple fact that men don't know the pain women are in and they are more sympethic and women dr. well lets just say I feel like they would be like it could be worse.  And I recently went to a women doc.  and she didn't really talk.  The male he asked me everything and was very conciderate.  K.
Please know I am not a doctor but I do want to let you know that oders can often mean stds And my mother went to the doctor because wow it smelled pretty bad after she left the bathroom and she wound up having tumors. NOT CANCER tumors so go to the doctor asap!!! Trust me theyve seen worse!!!!
You may have an allergy.  Also, my aunt had a similar problem, turned out, even though she was a clean freak, she had been wiping from back to front when she used the restroom.  The proper way is from front to back.  It caused her a similar problem, she had been suffering from it for years and years and years, it ended up causing and coupling with many problems- because of the bacteria transfer.  She had never told her doctor, until I suggested it.  By then she still had to have a procedure done, but this was her whole life's worth of a really bad habit.  I'm sure yours isn't so bad.  So, tell your doctor.
It's not my urine or my actual vagina that smells, its jus in my underwear. They get really wet and then they will smell like B.O. Maybe i'll try drinking more and goin to the bathroom more often. I do hold it a lot and for a long period of time.

Oh and i do wipe from front to back... ha... my mama taught me that at a young age!
So it's your underwear. The only thing I can suggest is to use panty liners and change them throughout the day. The odor is caused by the discharge when it hits air(leaves the body) and bacteria starts multiplying in it - it's the perfect environment for bacteria to thrive and cause odors, warm and moist. If you don't want to have to use panty liners then take extra knickers with you and change them regularly during the day so you remain as dry as possible. Good Luck. :)
also not a doctor but I remember hearing something about vaginitis... It is not a sexually transmitted diesease, but if I remember correctly, you could get it if something in your *routine* has changed recently...  I think the big thing with it was the very strong smell. Don't know if my info is accurate, of if it applies to you, but you might want to check it out.

good luck!
Do you shave? I don't mean all of your hair.  Sometimes that helps! Good luck  =)
yes i do shave everything!
Been a long time since anyone has replied, but in the recent year, I've developed this problem too.  I'm told it's caused by bacteria and fungus and I've used anti-fungal creams such as lamisil, vagisil, and others.  The smell has died down.  So try an anit-fungal cream if you'd like.  I also recently visited a GYN and he told me there's a pill as well as cream that can cure the condition but he forgot to write me the prescription.
I have the same problem.  Thru out my entire life I'm 25 now and still have this problem. I've been bk&fourth to the doctors and still no solution my social life is ruined and I cry every night.
Pantie liners don't work. Try poise.... If it's leakage and vesicare. These will help a lil
email me and I'll give u more advice
I have. Them same issue but people smell me!!!! I don't even want to return to work I bath once befor bed and shower before work!!! I don't want to be known as the stinky lady help help help! I've tried everything!
i'm fourteen and when i was twelve that same thing started happening to me.
so when i went to see my doctor i asked about it, and she told me that this happens to almost all girls around that age. and also she said that a lot of times our areas don't smell half as bad to everyone else as they do to ourselves.
the key way to prevent odor is to rinse daily with fresh, neutral-tempetature water, and to wear clean underwear every day.
milk, cheese, yogurt, and other dairy can make smell thicker and worse, so try to avoid those.
Try Vagisil.. Wash it works goood I use it when im on my period
I do not know if you still have this problem but I clean using icecubes. Everytime I shower, I place at least four or five icecubes inside there and by the time I finish showering, they have melted, the first time I did this, very nasty things were coming out as the ice was metling. This has worked for me and I love it coz i do not stink and my panties remain dry and clean. I have no idea if it causes any health concers though. Try it and give feed back. Good luck!
Eat yogurt EVERYDAY and take triple chlorophyll get it at GNC - didnt spell it right- that cleans you from the inside.Make a very big difference in just less than a week!!!  Breat too!  Also BO smell is probably just that. Sweating and from your butt, too. I put deodorant inside my thighs right at my panty lines  and on my butt- crack and hole then use real baby powder- like the cornstarch kind - not the cheap store brand- use Johnson's .  I use Dry Idea roll on.
i have this problem. but only sometimes. when i have sexual activities with my boyfriend i get really wet and it smells. even when i pee it smells bad. i tired eating fruits but it didnt work for me. i dont feel comfortable telling my mom this. i shave everything. i just dont know what to do.
Hey girl, I know exactly what you mean..Its hard to explain to people about it because they have never experienced...Its not the "vagina" at all...i think it is coming from the groin area after sweating..smells just like BO..NEVER had this problem until after i had my second child and gained quite a bit of weight.  I notice it pretty well after i have sweated or walked a lot. (think of arm pit smell people..not yeast smell). As i am starting to loose weight, i dont seem to notice it as much.
I have the same problem. I have an odor from the vagina and the rear. But I think it I smell it more when I use the lady's room or if I sweat, or didn't pat dry thoroughly well or if I somewhere where it's extremely hot like if I am baking, cooking using the oven, or standing near the drier. Believe me I bathe up to 4 times a day, still I see no good results. I even tried avoiding eating or drinking fluids just so that I will not have to go to the lady's room and that seems to help , ..except when I sweat. But I read a book, Home Remedies. That before you bathe, have your bathtub ( halfway ) filled with water and add a cup of tomato juice. Sit for about 15 minutes and than bathe as usual ( of course with new clean water ) or shower using a strong perfume soap. This should remove the odor. I have not tried yet but planned too. But I am also learning, so I will take some of the advices here. Believe me it has ruined my life and I am afraid to step out of my house. I am a mother and I am concerned  I hope this helps will use this home remedy and will come back later to post the news at how well did it work. good luck to everyone even me. =)
Baby powder is a good idea. make sure it is cornstarch based. carry a water proof pouch and extra underwear and change throgh the day. carry a travel size bottle of baby powder. (talc based powder can be an irritant among other things)
Turn your underwear around backwards, I think you smelling the back instead of the front,,, and quit eating all those cheesy bean burritos.  

Most likely, you vagina is a clean as a lady I used to work with.  We taped an open tuna can to the bottom of her office chair; nevertheless, she was in the bathroom all afternoon.  I am quiet certian she had the cleanest hot pocket in town because all that was heard was water running all day in the restroom.
Ugh I have been having the same problem too
uhmmm hi i have the same problem but i just have been having it my whole life im 14 and i dont kno what to do my say it is really bad when u can smell your self but i need help and im scared to ask a doctor or to talk to my mom please i hate this i want to be a normal teen i hate this please help i shave i wash good and i even give it air sometimes im scared cause i want to have kids some day PLEASE HELP i have had this cause when i was a kid my mom and dad was going through some things and when i got older i found myself doing everything wrong like wipping down there now i was to fix it but i dont kno how ITS NOT MY FAUGHT PPPPLLLLAAASSSEEEE HEELLPP ME thank you im shure u will do more then my mom ever did thanx!!!!!!!!!!!
Babe! honestly the worst thing to do it spray any kind of deodorant down there!! Its sounds like you may have B.V (Bacterial Vagnosis), the thing that causes this is cleaning too much, using soaps (usually because you think you should be cleaning more so you scrub your insides thinking it will make it better but my god it makes it worse. My advise is shower with only water, sleep with your underwear off (witch your boyfriend will appreciate greatly) and stop doing any recreational drugs you may be doing. I wish you the best of luck good luck xx
Dust lightly with baking soda after showering and moisturizing. Be sure to wash it of everyday or it can make you peel. Vinegar also works well. Wipe it on with cotton pads or tissue. Make sure not to get any inside the "lips" or it can burn. Basically, wipe it anywhere hair could grow.

And, of course, see a doctor if you have concerns!