Women's Health Community
NODULE ON NAVEL...
About This Community:

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

NODULE ON NAVEL...

Has anyone heard of this? I am a black woman & I have a nickel sized nodule, or tumor like growth,
on my navel, that is EXTREMELY painful & has turned black. It's warm to the touch & itches around the perimeter & has gotten bigger over the past yr. I had surgery for fibroids & ovarian cyst last yr but they didn't remove the nodule. They told me that it's not cancerous & not attached to anything. It's right under the skin. I think it could also be disloged endometriosis.
Doctors tell me this growth is rare which makes me feel like I'm from another planet lol. Mabey I should see a dermotologist or another type of doctor???
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi nervousdiva!  It is good news that the doctors do not seem to thing its dangerous even though its a rare thing.  Of course I'm not a doctor; but, as a layman I don't feel it's disloged endometriosis.  But I do wonder if it could be something as simple as a foreign object trapped under your skin and it has developed this nodule in order to isolate / protect and eventually discard it from your body over time?  Or a previous infected ingrown hair possibly?

Keep us posted.  Let us know when you find out okay?

Blessings and Pleasant thoughts to you.
Blank
Thanx for your thoughts & well wishes. The reason I think it might be misplaced endometriosis is because during my cycle my navel gets even more irritated & has a burning sensation until my cycle ends.
It could also be a foreign object. I had a piercing right above the my navel. I took the piercing out 2 years ago & the area where the piercing was is unaffected & still has normal color.  
I was also told that it could be parasites because of the itching & abnormal shape. I have an appointment with a dermatologist Dec 1st & hopefully she can shed some light on my condition.
I will keep you posted
Blank
Hello, i have carefully read about ur case and i will say its exactly the same symptoms i am having even right now,why i have to go to the web this morning is because i visited a doctor and deed a scan yesterday,and the result said endometrioma,i have never heard of such name in my life until yesterday, this navel growth started 2 years ago and keeps growing till i have to decide on seeing a doctor,i actually kept quite because one doctor told me that the pain there is as a result of the fibroid i am having,so i kept quiet,but it kept disturbing till i have to do this scan again,i have the same symptoms u mentioned, in fact during menses i cant touch my navel because of pain there.i am happy that i came here to see the same issues i am having,i thought its never heard of before,i cant remove my cloths in front of anybody because i dont want them to think i am one monster or some one with leprosy as it makes me feel unease with people.i will really want to keep up with u to know if u have found any help from any were,i have my next appointment with a GYNECOLOGIST on the 19th of this month,please keep me informed on ***@****.
BB
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
1580318_tn?1430915905
Blank
Shannon79 commented on Dads Biopsy showed ca...
56 mins ago
6077797_tn?1431358527
Blank
veronica0808 commented on Dads Biopsy showed ca...
1 hr ago
12940884_tn?1429420873
Blank
Belle313 commented on Dads Biopsy showed ca...
2 hrs ago
Blank
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Reach your weight goals
Start Tracking Now
Top Women's Health Answerers
973741_tn?1342346373
Blank