NODULE ON NAVEL...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

NODULE ON NAVEL...

Has anyone heard of this? I am a black woman & I have a nickel sized nodule, or tumor like growth,
on my navel, that is EXTREMELY painful & has turned black. It's warm to the touch & itches around the perimeter & has gotten bigger over the past yr. I had surgery for fibroids & ovarian cyst last yr but they didn't remove the nodule. They told me that it's not cancerous & not attached to anything. It's right under the skin. I think it could also be disloged endometriosis.
Doctors tell me this growth is rare which makes me feel like I'm from another planet lol. Mabey I should see a dermotologist or another type of doctor???
Hi nervousdiva!  It is good news that the doctors do not seem to thing its dangerous even though its a rare thing.  Of course I'm not a doctor; but, as a layman I don't feel it's disloged endometriosis.  But I do wonder if it could be something as simple as a foreign object trapped under your skin and it has developed this nodule in order to isolate / protect and eventually discard it from your body over time?  Or a previous infected ingrown hair possibly?

Keep us posted.  Let us know when you find out okay?

Blessings and Pleasant thoughts to you.
Thanx for your thoughts & well wishes. The reason I think it might be misplaced endometriosis is because during my cycle my navel gets even more irritated & has a burning sensation until my cycle ends.
It could also be a foreign object. I had a piercing right above the my navel. I took the piercing out 2 years ago & the area where the piercing was is unaffected & still has normal color.  
I was also told that it could be parasites because of the itching & abnormal shape. I have an appointment with a dermatologist Dec 1st & hopefully she can shed some light on my condition.
I will keep you posted
Hello, i have carefully read about ur case and i will say its exactly the same symptoms i am having even right now,why i have to go to the web this morning is because i visited a doctor and deed a scan yesterday,and the result said endometrioma,i have never heard of such name in my life until yesterday, this navel growth started 2 years ago and keeps growing till i have to decide on seeing a doctor,i actually kept quite because one doctor told me that the pain there is as a result of the fibroid i am having,so i kept quiet,but it kept disturbing till i have to do this scan again,i have the same symptoms u mentioned, in fact during menses i cant touch my navel because of pain there.i am happy that i came here to see the same issues i am having,i thought its never heard of before,i cant remove my cloths in front of anybody because i dont want them to think i am one monster or some one with leprosy as it makes me feel unease with people.i will really want to keep up with u to know if u have found any help from any were,i have my next appointment with a GYNECOLOGIST on the 19th of this month,please keep me informed on ***@****.
BB