Need to get Pregnant ASAP after Depo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Need to get Pregnant ASAP after Depo

I have been on depo for the past 3 years. My husband is going on active duty in August. My next shot is due on June 22. We would like to get pregnant before he leaves, but from what i have read in the postings it seems like that will be impossible.
My last shot was taken late and before that I had not had a period the entire time I have been taking depo, now I have been having a period every few weeks. I am also cramping pretty bad. I am hoping that my period will continue after the shot so that I will hopfully ovulate.
I have not gained any weight while on depo. Is there any way that I  might be able to quickly get it out of my system. Are there any natural herbs or ANY way that I may be able to regulate my period or even increase my chances of ovulation. This means so much to us, so I will appreciate any help that I can get.
I don't know if I can answer your question or not.  I'm a NNP (neonatal nurse practitioner).  
I can tell you that there is nothing you can do to hurry the depo out of your system, though.  If it is imperative that you get pregnant right away, make an appt to talk with your OB/GYN and see he might give you Clomid.  I doubt it, but due to the circumstance it's worth asking at the least.  You should also see your doctor before you try to conceive anyway so this would be a good thing to do.

I'm trying to conceive my second child.  My first has Aspergers and is fairly disabled.  GL to all of us! This is an amazing website.  If anyone has questions about neonatal issues i'll be glad to help answer.

I have a question, what's the difference between the women forum and the maternity one?  Is this for more general stuff?
Depo usually stays in your system 12-18 months.  Some people immediately get pregnant after depo. Have your Dr check your hormone levels and see if they are high.  I had to take Provera to jumpstart my periods in Dec05 and Jan06.  And I now am 18 weeks pregnant.  I was on 2 shots of Depo in 04 and then went straight to BCP until Aug 05, in order to regulate my periods from being on Depo.  A healthy couple takes about a year to conceive, the chances each month are around 25%.  The only thing I can think that you could take to get pregnant is provera to induce a period and then a round of clomid.  But that dont promise you will be pregnant that cycle.  Best of Luck!
Jen
First, I would like to thank everyone for their advice. I made an appointment with my OB/GYN for Thursday, so I hope that I can get some good news. I am praying that I have the same luck and get pregnant with no period, that would be the miracle that we need right now. Thank you all. If anyone finds out anything else, please let me know.
Its not impossible!!!! my last shot was due on Feb. 3rd and I didn't get it cause we wanted another one and just 6 weeks later without a period I was preggo. I'm now almost 12 weeks prego. GOOD LUCK
Hello, My fiance and I have been trying to have a baby for the past five months and nothing seems to be happening.I feel like giving up trying because i feel like i cant have children tell me what should i do.I asked him should we adopt but he wants his own children he says he doenst want to raise anyone elses children and he doesnt have his own. This is hard and its stressing me out. I dont no what too do anymore
I was on Depo Provera for 8 years.  My last shot was in May 2006.   I had very little spotting in Dec.07.  Then nothing.  I want to OB/GYN in Feb.  He put me on provera 3 times and I had no period.  So in May we tried birth control for 3 months to see what it would do.  Thankfully after my first pack of 21 pills I had a very small period, but atleast something!  Second month same thing.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed this month.  My question...has anyone been in the same boat before...and did you get pregnant?  My husband and I are trying not to get to worked up but it's very hard.  To everyone out there trying to get pregnant your in my thoughts and prayers...Good luck!!
I have been on the depo for 6 years, and did not have 1 period the whole time i was on it.  I was due a shot in Jan 08 but did not have it as i am 27 and now would love to have a baby.  

I cant wait to have a period so that i now my body is ok and back to normal.  The doctor suggested i take Evening primrose Oil and Vitamin B6, but after some research i also take iron, Vitamin E, folic acid, flax oil, & omega 3.

As well as all that i am taking a herb in drop form called fetility XX which is ment to be some miracle herb.. but nothing as yet.. its so hard not to get depressed about it, but i guess its likely it will take another year and half before my body gets rid of the depo.

My prayers are with anyone desperate for a child also.. XXX
hiya i have bein on the depo for 2yrs my last one was november 2009 it is now april 2010 an i have had nothing not even spotting. i am really worried dont no what to do as i would like to get pregnant soon as possible. does anybody have any ideas for me xx
I was on the shot for a loong time and I went from that to the pill to regulate my cycle to get pregnant with my daughter (9 years ago).  It took us about 6 months after almost 3 years on the shot and 2 months on the pill but I've known women who've gotten pregnant right away off the shot.  Good luck!
i was on the depo for 7 year i have been off of it for about 7 month then i got on the pill with low hormone i only use it for a month i havent been on anything since july and i been trying to get pregnant but no luck i do get my period every month first i got my period 2 time in a month first i got it for 3 day then i got it regular and ever since then i get my period regular i want to get pregnant but no luck can someone give me any advice
I STARTED MY DEPO SHOT IN JULY2010 I HAD THREE SHOTS MY LAST SHOT WAS IN JANRUARY2011 BECAUSE ME AND MY BF DECIDED TO TRY FOR ANOTHER BABYI REALLY WANT MY NEW BUNDLE OF JOY BUT I HAVENT HAD A PERIOD SINCE I STARTED DEPO CAN I STILL GET PREGNANT WITHOUT HAVING A PERIOD ANY GOOD ADVICE WOULD HELP.
i was on the depo when i was 16 years old and got off it when i was like 18/19 years old and i never really got a period.. and i am 26 years old now and i really dont get a period still if i get one i have one once a year  and i been trying to have a kid for the last past 3 years. and i still have not got pregnant. i have not been any birth control since i stoped the depo..
i been on depo for about 6 years, before i was on different bc pills which didnt work for me, depo did work. i had no problems while on depo. i was suppose to get last shot july 6 and now its sept and so its been a little over 2 months. by dr put me on prenatals and i am also taking folic, i just some what started my period yesterday evening. my husband and i have been trying to have out first baby, since i am have a period how long until i become preggo?
I was on the depo shot for 8 years and my body was having very odd pains and it was due to the depo shot thinning out my ovarian wall causing all kinds of pain so immediately i didn't go back for my due shot in August 2011.  My Dr. then put me on a pill called mono neppa to help regulate my periods and give it a jump start to regulating. My periods have returned completely but there has been no luck in ttc. We've been reading everything including positions, vitamins and nothing has worked yet being its May 2012. i also understand my Dr won't issue me clomid until I've been off of the shot for 12-18 months but you would think that regular periods would be a good sign that my body is ready to conceive but there hasn't been any luck. Need any help or advice that will benefit. Im 23 and in a good point in my life to carry on such a responsibility and looking for advice from any women who can give me any insight on what i can do or maybe even... what i could be doing wrong !?!
HI MY NAME IS LOREN,AND I WAS ON THE DEPO SHOT FOR 3YEARS AND I WAS TRYIN TO GET PREGNANT BUT IT HAS NOT BE LOOKIN SO GUDD AND I HAVE BEEN BLEEDING ALOT OF BLEEDING SO I WENT TO THE DOCTORS AND MY DOCTOR SAID IT WAS NORMAL SO I DIDNT THINK NUTHIN OF IT ANY MORE SO I HAD SEX WITH MY BOYFRIEND CAUSE I WASNT BLEEDING ANYMORE...BUT AS IM HAVING SEX I WAS BLEEDING AND IDIDNT NO UNTIL WE GOT DONE SO NOW I HAVE BEEN HAVING PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS... SO A WEEK AGO I WOKE UP TO A VERY BAD PAIN AND SORENESS TO MY BREAST THEY HURT SO FREAKIN BAD THAT I START CRYIN THEN I HAD THE CHILLS AND COULD NOT GET OUT OF BED COULD NOT EAT MY BODY WAS JUST ALL MESSED UP I HAD A MILD  FEVER BODY HURT HEADACH SO THE NEXT DAY I HAD A VERY SMALL BLOOD CLOT AND I HEARD THAT AFTER MISCARRIAGE YOUR BODY WILL BE IN SO MUCH PAIN BUT I DIDNT HAVE ANY TYPE OF PAIN...SUMBODY PLEASE HELP ME
i missed my shot and had 2 periods in one month both periods was like i had before i got on the shot but i never had 2 periods in one month before the shot is it possiable for me to get prego right away after i quit the depo shot
i have been on the depo shot for 2 1/2 yrs and i missed my shot like a week after i missed my shot i had a period it was the same as before i got on the depo shot well then towars the end of the month i got another periode and that one was regualr too how long would it take for me to get prego if my periods go back to normal all though it wasnt normal for me to have 2 periods in one month
  To all my fellow ladies out there who are still finding them selves of my old situation,my name is CLARA THOMPSON and i am here to tell you all about my life this is my  testimony and the great experience i have had with life, i was married for good 15years with no issue(child) i was so worried my husband was getting furious i never blamed him because he was very patient with me since all this years,i needed help so bad i went to different hospitals to see what was wrong with my womb and why i cant give birth to my own baby.the doctors always confirm that i dont have a problem,it hurts me deep when ever i see my friends breast feeding their own babies and also inviting me for their baby shower and naming ceremonies.i had no option i always attended hoping that one day i will blessed with my own child.my life was turned upside down i was ashamed of my self my mother inlaw was putting pressure on my husband to get another wife my husband declined because he truely loves me and wanted me to be the mother of his children,i needed help and had no where else to turn to.till a very good day when i was browsing through the internet i read about a spell caster that helps people to get their lover back win their money back,i never saw anything referring to the help of childlessness i just had to try this great spell caster,i contacted the spell and told him about my problem and he told  me that my problem is very easy for him to handle i was shocked and thought maybe he is just trying to take advantage of my present situation,i gave it a thought and finally concluded on giving it a try.i did all the spell caster required and he told me to go and make love with my husband.this happend in june 12-2012 and i got pregnant i was so happy and this year february 22 -2013 i got my first baby girl (DISNEY) i was very thankful to this great spell caster for the great help he has rendered and for coming to my rescue when everything i had turned against me now i have my life back and my husband is so happy with me and he is telling me about having a another child for him as soon as possible.i want to use this medium or opportunity  to tell all my fellow ladies who are going through my previous situation that all hope is not lost if you need the help of this great spell caster you can contact him via email ***@**** you might just be the next to give your own testimony.
I think you should see a doctor about it, because not having a period for such a long time could be due to many things like PCOS .