Nipple pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Nipple pain

I am 50 years old and am familiar with different breast related discomforts due to hormonal changes, etc.  Any discomfort I may have had went away within days. For several weeks my nipples have been very painful and red, the only other changes in my breast are a couple of veins from armpit to nearly nipple area are visible and darker (bluish) in color. In other postings regarding painful nipples, the answer is that it is not usually related to cancer.  But what are the different possiblilties that nipple pain be realted to?  thanks
Perhaps a problem with a milk duct or oil gland. Given your symptoms with the redness and pain, I would "guess" that you have an infection somewhere and need to be see by a pro. Are you having your annual mammogram's? Make sure to let the Doc know when the last on was. Please don't just take the "wait and see" approach on this. I really think you need to be seen by a doc.
Good Luck--J
There is a rare form of Breast Cancer that starts on the outside of the nipples.  It is called Pagets Disease.  Look it up on the internet.  I have a link below that you can copy and paste.  Let me know if the link works and I can try it again.

I would go and see a doctor!

http://www.cancerbacup.org.uk/Cancertype/Breast/Typesofbreastcancer/Pagetsdi
Pumpkin,

I am also one of those (gross to say) very wet girls almost like I have peed myself some times in the month and lately I have completely dried up. I don't have yeast problems but have pretty frequent BV problems. I have looked online and purchased evrning primrose oil (it's a capsule not oil) and it has seems to even me out a bit. Lately I have been itchy and very irritated (all kids of issues girl) went to the doc and guess what another bv infection but the weird thing is I don't get the nasty odor or funk, the doc didn't even know at first. Anyway I feel ya girl I am 28 and my body is getting all jacked up now but the doctors don't know why so I am glad I found this site.