No period after abortion 6 weeks ago

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

No period after abortion 6 weeks ago

I had an abortion 6 weeks ago and have not started my period yet.  I was only 4 weeks when I had the abortion and didn't bleed much after (only for about a week).  I have taken a pregnancy test to be sure I'm not still pregnant (like if the abortion failed) but haven't had unprotected sex.  How long should it take to start your period again?

and YES....I know it's wrong, so need need to debate the moral issues here - I just want a simple answer to my question.  Thanks.
hey..i haven't had one myself, but have heard from a few ppl who have that it can take like 3 months to get a "normal" period. I would call the place you had this procedure done and ask or schedule a follow up appt.
Hey, This happend to my friend and she was only 5 weeks pregnant when she had it done, i know they said to her that she was most fertile after the abortion so try not to have intercourse as this can also cause infection, which she never just incase, she was given antibiotics for a week and came on her period soon after she had abortion for about 1 week which was heavy...and her peiords returned back to normal after about 3 months, so i woulndt worry at all, its just your body healing itslef that's all, you will be fine...! If you want to put your mind at rest go back to see your GP just for a check over, Oh and she went on to concieve (conceive) succussfully 3 years later with on probelms

Angie
It may take some time yet for your body to readjust itself to post pregnancy hormonal levels.  I hope you are on the pill and not leaving it up to the guy to use a condom.  You'll be pregnant again in time.
Contact your doctor with your question about your period and go in for a check up if he tells you to.  By an exam, he can tell if you are pregnant or not.  If not, get on some birth control measure immediately for yourself.  Don't even take a chance.
i had abortion nearly 6 weeks ago ,had unprotect it sex 2 weeks ago ,still haven't had period,, i have pain om my stomach,breast,headach,,I'm worry it,