NuvaRing and sexual desire

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

NuvaRing and sexual desire

OK NuvaRing users I have another question.  I have noticed that as of my second month of using the Ring I have zero desire for sex.  I am now on my third month almost reaching the end of it.  Does anyone else have any experience with this?  And if you did what have you done about it?  Did your sexual desire come back after some time?  Sorry for so many questions but I haven't had sex with my DH in almost a month now.  And the last time wasn't really sex it was more of a mercy kind of thing. Sorry TMI but I don't like feeling like this and ignoring his needs.
Avatar n tn
I have been on birth control for almost 3 years and have been having the same problem for about 1 1/2 years now.  I was on ortho evra and then on the nuva ring.  I just decided to quit taking it after I read this article.
http://www.thedoctorslounge.net/gynecology/articles/contraception/pill_sexual_dysfunction/index.htm
Avatar n tn
I forgot to add that in the article it is talking about the pill, but nuva ring uses the same type of hormones as the pill.
Avatar n tn
I just started using the ring on Sunday.  I did some browsing in forums regarding the ring. I found out that was one of the biggest complaint women seem to have, no sex drive and vaginal dryness...

Great...I'm only planning on being on the ring for 6 months max.
to contol cysts.

Avatar n tn
Ive been on the ring 4 awhile & I dont have a sex drive either!!  Glad 2 hear Im not the only one!  Sometimes you just have to make urself get in the mood.. once you get going its better.. I know its hard believe me!  I wish there was something that I could snap my fingers & be ready!  That is the only side effect I really dont enjoy about the ring!!
So it's just not me that's good.  Vaginal dryness isn't a problem for me.  I'm the opposite actually but I have no drive.  Must find a way.  Thanks ladies
MH Community Mgr uploaded new photos
Des_a_rae commented on laureninlove's status
3 Filler Exercises to Loosen Up You...
10 hrs ago by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals