Women's Health Community
POST ECSTOPIC PREGNANCY
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

POST ECSTOPIC PREGNANCY

My wife just recently had an ectopic pregnancy surgery that left her in the hospital for more than 2 weeks. She lost her fallopian tube and was placed into a drug induced coma after losing too much blood and her oxygen levels went down to 60%. She has since mad a miraculous recovery and is home now. Unfortunately, she has begun having a sharp pain her upper back which has been centered just below her shoulder blade. It helps her when I massage it, but then it comes back shortly. My first question is: Has anyone else experienced this same symptom, post ectopic? And my next question is: What can I do for my wife?
Tags: ectopic, Pregnancy, Pain, symptom, Recovery, Back, post-ectopic
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Take her back to the doctor.  If the surgery was quite recent, she might still have some inert gas in her body that was used to spread her open, and it can give transferred pain in the shoulders (but I have never heard of it in the upper back).  I would therefore take her back to the doctor and tell him this is not normal.  He should be sure (this is rare but it does happen on occasion) that no surgical tool was left in her body after her surgery.
Blank
a follow-up with a doctor is important. Depending on which treatment you have had, a varying amount of pain or discomfort may continue for several weeks afterwards as the healing process continues and scarring continues to heal. This should lessen as time progresses. However, it is not unusual to still report some discomfort several months after an operation.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...