Period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Period

Okay so I've always had a period that lasted from 5 or 7 days, I started my period on January 27th and it is now the 6th of February and I'm still bleeding. Is that normal???
Have you had ant recent changes in birth control?
I use to be on the depo shot but I stop taking it in 2012 I was on it for 4 years . I don't take any type of birth control anymore since then.
If you have been unwell, your hormones are out of balance or have anaemia that can prolong periods.

Other causes of a prolonged period may be due to having a missed pregnancy and this is nature's way of cleaning out the womb.

Keep a written record of your monthly cycles (which no doubt you do).  
If you experience prolonged bleeding in the next 2 monthly cycles, make an appointment to see your doctor to check out your iron levels and your hormone levels.  

If you experience a lot of pain with the bleeding, contact your doctor.
I've been sick  with a cold for 2 weeks but I don't see why I cold would miss with my period

And I do keep tract of my monthly cycles I've been having a normal period until January 27th when I noticed after the 7 the day I kept bleeding and I'm still bleeding .
And its not heavy bleeding its just like when your at the end of your period or about to finish it light but I still use a pad just in case . and I have pain like cramps from my belly button down.
Having a normal cold won't make any difference to your periods.

I suggest you make an appointment to see your doctor on Monday to make sure everything is OK and also to check your urine for any infections.

In the meantime, make sure that you drink plenty of fluids and especially water.  Urinate into a clear class jar after you wash yourself and see if the blood is coming from the urethra when you pee.  If so this will mean that you have a urinary infection.
I have a strip to check that so I guess I'll go ahead and see if that could be it.