Period too long

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Period too long

i have had my period for 3weeks now
what does that mean?
i have done a pregnancy test it was negative
well if you have had your period for 3 weeks that would indicate the very opposite of pregnancy. you need to see your obgyn. no one here on a forum can tell you whats up. perhaps some cysts? std? hormonal imbalance? who knows. something is NOT right as you know (you posted) so please call your dr.
bleeding for 1 week is bad enough let alone 3!
Go see your Dr. I was having my AF for 14-18 days with VERY heavy bleeding with major blood clots. I have been diagnosed with endometriosis in the uterus and will be having a hysterectomy this coming Monday. I'm not saying that is what you have, but bleeding that much could be a sign of a serious problem that could effect your fertility. You don't want to risk that. How many months have you been bleeding like this? Do you have a copper IUD in? I know that can make your AF longer. But you should never bleed that much, you are losing too much blood and are probably getting anemic. Have your Dr. check for anemia and in the meantime take some extra iron pills, or some kind of vitamin that has extra iron. This isn't something you want to mess around with. Go to your Dr. don't wait to go in untill you stop bleeding...go now. Good luck and hope it's nothing serious.
Are you on any kind of birth control?  I've heard the shot can cause non stop bleeding for a long time in some cases.
since I was 12 years old, every month I have my period for 10 days and have heavy flow on my 3rd, 4th, and 5th day.  Is this normal?  I am 28 years old now.
im really starting to freak out =( im 16 years old , got my period at 15.

when i get my period it lasts about 65 days.. very heavy flow with blod clots. after its finaly finished i wont get my period for about three or for months.. then it starts up all over again. whats wrong!! im so scareddd
I'm 15 and had my period when i was 13 .  about 5 months ago (i was 14 back then) i was taking birth control pills (i agreed with my dad ) but one day i forgot them and so the next month my dad said i should take birth control shot i (one shot for 3 mnonth) i had them for 6 month during the  3 month of the shots effect i almost never had my period (the doctor said it was normal)  i was suposed to get another shot the first day of my period THIS month but my dad wanted me to go back to pills my period came in the start of december and lasted 1 week (everytimes i had my period they would last about a week) but they came back  2 weeks ago and stil havent stopped... is it beause of the control birth shots...also during its effect i had a lot of blood clot...please i'm starting to be scared...