Periods after depo injection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Periods after depo injection

I first started having depo injection in June 2002 with my last being in August 2005.  Since the end of January I have been having a very heavy period every 2 weeks.  My breasts have been very very tender to the point I can't sleep for about a week before my period.  Is this normal?  Should i go to my doctor?
If you are having a period every two weeks you need to see your Dr. I have heard horror stories about life after depo.Hope all go well, best of luck.
OMG!!! I was on depo for about a month after my son was born, and I said never again. I'm now having alot of problems and I'm not sure if its from that or just other things. I would say go get checked out to be safe. I have my period that last me for 2 months straight but this time it lasted 2 months straight took 1 week off, started back up and now its still on an every other day routine.
Depo is a bad thing.. It has made me gain some serious weight no matter what I do I can't loose it. I can't believe they have it as a form or birth control. I hope your periods subside. Mine are normal after coming off of it. I hope you can talk to a doctor about what you are going through. Don't let them tell you its normal. That is just crazy. They told my friend that and then put her on the pill to control the bleeding. Just so you know the pill for my friend did control her period. She got it once a month for a week. On time every month with normal blood flow.
I only had two shots of depo and after the second one it caused me to have AF for 2 days then off a day and soo one for almost 3 months.  My Doctor put me on BCP when I was due for my 3rd shot to help regulate AF because it wasnt getting better.  Go to your Dr and tell them whats going on.
I was on Depo from 2002 until June 2004. I became pregnant 3 months after my last shot wore off.  I had horrible problems, weight gain, cervical dysplasia, headaches. Only advantage, no PERIOD.. I loved that.  I said no more until the birth of my last child. Well, couldn't deal with the pds so on Depo I went again. SO far no weight gain, but I have had an on again off again period, including dark brown spotting, and bright red bleeding. But each last no more than 24hrs at a time, quits for 24 than comes on again.  Lower back pain and fullness in uterus area.  has anyone experienced any of these problems since going off and coming back on Depo?
i would just like to say , i think depo should be banned..its the comming off of the jab thats the problem, not the injection itself whilst taking it.
i was on the depo for 2 years it took 6 months for my periods to come back ,iv been on my period for 2 and a half weeks now and my breasts are killing me!i dont know if this is normal but its starting to worry me!shud i see a doctor????
i was on depo for 5 years with no problems its now im having a period every other week and they are really heavy just like you have after a baby !!!
I went on the depo june 2007 ant the first 3 months were fine then after my second injection i had a brown discharge constantly til june 2008 this year but now im gettin\ a period every 2 weeks, ones normal ant the other is dark brown and clotty. iv been to the doctors a number of times and they put me on the pill which didnt work so now come off been back since and been tested 4 chlamydia and other infections and all are clear. this is ruinin my life especially on my holidays. im now awaiting to see the doctor again but dont know what it is!
I have a problem bout everyday bleeding after depotrust shot 4 months ago.I had my shot lat May 15 and from day 1 after that shot I was already bleeding until now.I don't know what to do.I think I am having hormonal imbalance.I don't know what to do.pls help me
i was on the depo for about a year and it was terrible, I bleed throughout the whole time! LIke a normal period but everyday.  I am a teacher and it caused me to smell alot, I was so embarassed.  I saw my nurse who said it would subside (as if it were normal) and if not then I should see my doctor who would perscribe an increased doseage.  I decided to come off it and guess what I had no period for 4 months! So glad I am off.  Did gain weight now trying to lose it
i had the depo injection before xmas and was due the jab again on 1st march. i didnt go as i had experience weight gain and headaches. since then i havnt had a period and its now July! a few times i havn't used any birth control but i have done so many pregnancy test but the results are always the same...negative.
Any1 know where the hell my period is?????????? please help
Unfortunatley, we've all been conned into the "advantages" of depo and no-one bothered to tell us what to expect if and when we decided to stop having the injections. I was due my 2nd injection about 3 months ago but decided against it because I hated the fact that I had no period at all (crazy you might think!). I thought, surely our bodies need to get rid of our monthly stuff for a reason so I found it really unnatural. Anyway, about 2 days after I was due the 2nd one, the biggest period I've ever experienced arrived! Heavy, painful and lasted 3 weeks. Since then I've had a non-stop period which on the odd day, stops for about 24hours but then starts up again with a vengeance. I've also had huge horrible clots to the point where I though I might actually be misscarrying due to the heavy nature of these. It varies day to day from bright red, to dark brown. I have seen doctors and family planning advisors who insist these are all "perfectly normal after effects" and to "ride it out" until the bleeding returns to normal. Just to let all you ladies know, this could take up to 12 MONTHS!!!!! My only advice would be to avoid taking the pill just to stop the bleeding because all this does is cover up the depo after effects and if you ever decide to come back off the pill, the depo effects tend to kick back in. You've got to let your system recover and completely flush out the evil that is depo before fiddling around with more ridiculous time wasting hormones! I thought the pill was the answer and went back on it for a month, but as soon as I came off it, the depo nastiness returned and I've been on a non stop period since. I used to think that people that used condoms as their only source of contraception were utterly mad but now, there is no way I'm ever going near a hormone again and love how un-obtrusive condoms are! Plus, If you want to conceive a baby, you have no worry of hormones getting in the way for up to a year afterwards. I love you durex! Another bit of advice would be to eat spinach, greens, red meat and pulses if you are suffering with heavy bleeding all the time as you could potentially be at risk of anaemia from blood loss which results in low iron levels in your body. It's unlikely but just bear it in mind. Symptoms are tiredness and lethargy etc so if you feel a bit drained, ask your doctor for a blood test.I hope this has helped someone. Its horrible, but sit tight and never go near anything with the name depo in it again! Oh, and just as an after thought, I've also had the implant in my arm which did exactly the same as the flipping injection so avoid that aswell if you've had problems with the depo injection.
Hi I've only had 1 shot of the depo injection I was ment to go for my 2nd jab on 31st of july 09 but I never went for it I've neva had a period since... I have spotting spells nearly everyday but no proper period I also bleed after sex is this normal after being on the depo only once?? I'm really worried
OMG!! I HAVE BEEN ON DEPO SINCE AUGUST 09. THAT WAS MY LAST NORMAL PERIOD.OCTOBER 26 CAME AND I GOT MY PERIOD. ITS NOW JAN.2010 AND IAM STILL BLEEDING. WHEN IS THIS MADNESS GOING TO END. THANKS A LOT DEPO U REALLY BEEN A BIG HELP!! NOT!!!!!!
I only had 2 shots of depo and was due for my third in Nov but decided against it. I have had a constant bleeding ever since. Sex is very difficult as its constant blood and litterally floods out after which is begining to ruin my sex life. I see above that it can take up to 12 months, but is that from your last shot or from when you were due for your shot. PLEASE HELP!!
Thank youu
i didnt go for my 3rd shot which was due at the end of october, as it was already messing up my periods while i was on it.
its now mid january. and ive had a continous period for 3 months :( its awful and reall inconvieniant.
im never going using this form of contreception again.
and if the person above is correct, and this can last for 12 months! and the doctor is just going to tell me to "ride it out". dear god. i hope not. and there is something they/i can do.
wow i keep reading different things about that horrible shot that also happened to me. I only had one shot ... I was only 16 years old and my mother made me (i was a virgin still) i'm an adult now but it still scarred me beyond ever wanting to do it again.

I swear i had a mental breakdown. I had horrible dreams, night sweats, just absolutely terrible fight or flight anxiety over nothing, I couldn't sleep ... I didn't get my period for 13 months! after ONE shot! when I DID get it, it was HORRIBLE! I hurt like crazy in my lower belly for like 3 days before it came, and when it did, it was so heavy i had to change my pad every 45 minutes or so. I had it for 11 days ... it never let up. it hurt so bad I could barely get up and move around. I had to sleep on sheet protectors. I will never use any kind of birth control that uses hormones. i'm scared to death of them. I have 2 beautiful children with one on the way and i have my tubal ligation scheduled. it's not worth the agony!!!!
i am never having this depo again!! i had my daughter in juky 09 and at 6 week check had the depo never again i bled the whole time really heavy back and forth to docs who all said it was normal and all wanted me to go back in december for my next depo. well i diddnt go and i carried on bleading for 1 more month after it was due never having it again. now i havnt had a period since the beginning of december its driving me mad got really bad period pain and no period just want to know when its going to end and ile be back to normal?
I had my first shot in August 09 and was due to have my last one in April 10 but before hand my partner and myself discussed starting a family so i never had the shot,since march i havent stopped bleeding and its so heavy im having to have 4 showers a day decause i am just covered,i can cough and i leak,the blood clots are surely not normal,im taking painkillers like skittles as the pain is just agonising,ive finally had enough and booked myself into the doctors,for those that think its a great way to stop thinking about taking the pill dont do it...its a total farse,im never having it again!!!!
I initially got the Depo shot after my son was born in 2000.  I was on it for 2 years and stopped getting it because I was having trouble losing baby weight.  For the next 7 years, we used condoms as our method of birth control until it got to the point where I was tired of worrying about it, and went back on Depo in January of 09.

Unlike many posters, I've actually lost weight since being back on it, but I think it has really suppressed my appetite.  However, my main concern is that after being on it for a year and a half, following my shot schedule religiously, I am still getting my 'period' every month....  Sometimes it's just spotting that lasts a couple of days and goes away, although more often than not I have a regular period, complete with cramps, headaches, bloating, etc, that lasts anywhere from a week to several weeks.  And without fail, after sex, I bleed for a couple of days.  And that's only if I feel like having sex, because it has really decreased my libido.  I kind of feel like it would be okay if I never had sex again....

I'm feeling that this was a horrible idea, going back on the shot.  The only birth control that Depo seems to have supplied is that is makes you unable to have sex due to irregular bleeding and lack of sex drive.  I think I might just skip the next shot.
i had the depo injection after my youngest daughter was born and i only had 1 shot ive come off it now and have been off it 4 3 month and have had periods every other week,i went to the doctor and he sed give it until next month and if u havent gone back 2 normal we will give u a contraception 4 a month,as we are trying 4 another baby i didnt want another contraception,but also been reading that the pill wont take away the affects of the dep they just cover it and wen u come off the pill the depo affects come bk,i will never have the depo again,not myself at all really hormoanal constant headaches,bloating,and lathargic,all the doctor sed was to eat meats veg fruit,i believe im low in iron cuz of all the bleeding,just have 2 grim and bare it until the depo has gone,
I was put on depo in Jan. 2010  the first month I didn't have a period but then after that month I had a period everyday for months I found a package of Birth Control Pills from when I use to be on them and thought hey what the heck and started taking them that month my period subsided and i had it the week i was suppose to i was off it in a few days and thought hey it worked a few days later it came back and i've been on my period for two weeks now. I keep tellin my mom and she said it's normally but I don't see how I think it's time to go to the doctor...I would suggest the same
Does anyone know if the take the genric brand of Depo or the name brand Depo shot?  I have been on both.  

The first time for 3 years (the name brand medication) and when I got off, had my period the very next month and I lost every pound that I had gained.  Only side effect was weight gain which I didn't mind.  However, I had no problems for the 3 years I was on it.  Actually got pregnant 3 months later.

The second time I was on the generic and only had 2 shots, it made me gain excessive weight, I felt horrible, always had pregnancy symptoms and took forever for my period to come back.

This last time which was a shot in 11/09 and a shot in 2/10.  I was due for another shot in May but decided to get off of it becasue my husband will be overseas, so I have no need to be on it.  No side effects this time besided the weight gain, which was minimal.  I have since had light bleeding/spotting the end of June.  Haven't seen anything in July.  Hopefully I'm pregnant :-)

Whith all that said, you guys need to check if these doctors are putting you on the generic brand,  I believe the genric brand has more significant side effects than the name brand medication.  
i was on depo shot for 10 years my last shot was oct 08 it took me a year to get my period back first one was 2weeks straight and i have had a period since then but before depo my period was 7 days long after depo my periods are only 4 days long i have been on clomid and provera i just tired of taking meds so i stopped trying to get pregnate i figure if it happens it happens
Hey I have been seraching about the depo and I cant believe docs dont give us more info about when you decide to come off it!!!
   I first had Depo in oct2009 just after having our 3rd boy, I only had 3 injections though as we have decided to try for our 4th(if I knew we were gonna try this quick I wouldnt have gone on the depo!) I suppose go in July and get my 4th Depo but didnt...5weeks on and I have really sore boobs, seems im weeing loads, cramps in belly from time to time and feeling sick!! I still havent had a period from coming off the Depo...Can you get pregnant without having a period from coming off the depo??? I have done 2 tests bout wk ish ago but negative!!! :-(
I was on the depo injection for 2 years.
I decided to come off the injection and have had a constant period with 1 day off for about 7 months now
Depo is terrible I should have been told this before they gave it me!
Omg so im not the only one with these problems!!! ive had 2 injections since i had my 3rd child in june 09 had depo 6 weeks later well ...... decided to come off it was pose to have in jab in june 10 but havent its taken 4 months to get a period and if its not bright red it dark brown !?!? last for 7 days and have 2 days off sometimes only 24hours!! i suggest not to go on any other pills or anything let it run it course with my 2nd child it took 9months after my last jab to get preg again and that week i got preg i had jus had my first proper period that wasnt heavy or light jus in the middle!! what the!
i just had my daughter 3 months ago an i decided to use the shot as a method for birth control an i read all these horror stories but in my case its very different i just had one blood cloth an then my period dint come till now 3 days after the first sight of blood, an till this date i have not gotten my period an as for the weight gain i have not gain any weight if anything i have lost it at the end of my pregnancy i was at 156 an now am at a 125 an I eat a lot of food (junk food) so now i just dont know if to take this shot again?  
DONT GET IT! IT SHOULD BE BANNED FOR REALS! THE MAIN INGREDIENT IN IT IS WHAT THEY GIVE SEX OFFENDERS FROM BEING SEXUALLY AROUSED ALL THE TIME! I HAVE BEEN OFF 7 YRS AND I STILL CANT GET PG! MY CM IS GONE NADA NEVER HAVE ANY IM LUCKY IF I GET WET ITS SAD MY HUSBAND MAKES MORE THAN ME! WITH HERBALS AT LEAST MY AFS ARE LIKE CLOCKWORK BUT STILL I AINT GETTING PG! I WISH I HAD NEVER TAKEN THE CRAP!
My story, 12 years ago I had endometriosis and after the operation I started with the pill. I was 26 and slim at the time of operation. I put on weight with the pill and I also got PM (premenstrual syndrome). As it happens back then I knew nothing about PM. Nobody asked me how am I feeling if I get swing moods or PM.
Well, I was on the pill 7 years switching between of them 5 times since the operation because I also switched the country 2 times.  The PM was there but I didn’t know. In December 2005 I moved to UK with my husband and this means that I switched again to another pill. Well, in February 2006, after having a Laparoscopy and a discussion with the Gynaecologist I went for DEPO. WOW… I got the side effects, gain weight, swing moods, I even forgotten the rucksack on a train station when on holiday in Fort William…cool…I was crying from nothing, shooting to my husband for nothing, having periods now and then, spots, bleeding,etc, etc. Well, first I said to my GP that I am ok, that I can manage, bla, bla, bla… In 2007, so after 1 year on Depo I started to lose weight and from 16 stones I came to 10 stones nowadays. I have done nothing, no diet (I don’t know what means, never been on one), and no exercise.  So, I went to see my GP, got a blood test, everything OK, TSH for my thyroid gland OK, I am taking Levothyroxin (levothyroxine) for almost 10 years.  
At the end of June 2010 I had my last Depo injection, I say last because in August I decided to give my body a big, big break. I talked to my GP and she agreed with me that after 11 and a half years on different contraception I should stop to see what happens. Well, I’m not looking to get back my period, my fertility, all I want is NOT to pump my body with all these synthetics staff that could bring you to God knows what. I had my last period in March 2010 and now I am enjoying the freedom. I am in the 6th month with no Depo and I feel great. It is me again. Even my husband told me that I am different in a good way, and we also have a lot of sex and I am not moody anymore, my husband can touch me without me telling him “Go away, just live me” and I like it. I don’t know what will happen, get my period back, get endometriosis again, I don’t know, but I know that now I can make the difference between Not being on a pill, being on a pill and Depo. Pill and Depo… no THANKS.  Looking back, after so many years I realised that being on the pill I had PM.
  My message to you: If you have Endo talk to your Doctor to use the pill just for a period of time to treat Endo because I think that I used the pill for too much long (7 years).  If you have no problems or even if you have heavy periods, don’t go for the pill or Depo. You will regret it. My sister always had and has heavy periods and her Gynaecologist didn’t recommend her the pill and I am telling her that she should be happy to have her body natural. My mum used to have heavy periods and she never used the pill and she survived and I will add my grandmothers as well. DON’T WHAT TO GET PREGNANT USE THE CONDOM, IT IS STILL OUT THERE. I started to reuse it and I love it DUREX. Nowadays doctors give to easy the pill and Depo, it is like the condom doesn’t exist anymore and therefore are so many teenagers overweight.  You eat and eat and just eat with no conscience at all.
I am telling you every time when I think that I don’t pump my body with chemicals, I have a smile on my face. You should see it. Take care girls and be as NATURAL as you can. If I wouldn’t have Endo I would have used just the CONDOM as I always had.
i went on depo after mw daughter woz born, i had 2 injections and it woz the worst mistake of my life. it took exactly 1 year and 3 months 4 my periods to return i am now havin very heavy painful periods every other week and this is ruinin my life. i have no sex life and am desperate 4 a baby. my advice DONT GO ON IT
My mom made me get the depo shot when I was sixteen to regulate my period and she was afraid of me getting pregnant...although I was not sexually active.  Also she didn't think I would remember to take a pill everyday. I was on the shot until I was eighteen years (when I decided I no longer wanted to get it)  Everyday I was depo from age sixteen to eighteen I had my period...not a light period but a regular to heavy period I was sooo fatigued and I had to take pills for low iron.  It took an additional year after stopping the depo to get my period to stop.  I am 23 now and since then I have had heavy clotting and periods and sometimes I have my period for a month or more at a time.   My doctor tells me nothing appears to be wrong but the lengthy - heavy periods are a major pain...

Anyone who is curious I highly recommend staying off of the depo shot...
I was on the depo for about 2 years?? Came off it about 6 months ago? Got spotting for a month or two and now have had bleeding non-stop for at least 4 months. Starting to drive me crazy as i bought a menstrual cup coz got sick of using so many tampons and thought i'd do my bit to try save the environment but my period blood smells quite bad and has tainted the cup so it smells as well and if i get the blood on my hands (which i have to do to change the cup) the smell stays on my hands for a while even after washing a couple times. So mad at the depo and am really not keen to go on anything else like it that is going to stuff up my body. And yes a doctor told me you can bleed for up to 12 months. Great, why did they not tell us this BEFORE we went on it??
Im the same i had my last shot in june ive had 1 period for 2 days since.  Have done a number of test thinking i was preg cus id the systoms want to get preg but cant v disappointing.  i was on the Jag for 5 yrs.  Help!!
Ive been on depo since june 2010 and im having discharges, bright red periods, & brown. But my 'period' is evry single day. Depo makes me soo sick. I think im pregnant sometimes because it has the same symptoms. They should ban depo. People want to have kids later in their life & they cnt because depo ruin their body.
I been on the depo since 2009 but I been off and on n I would have a 2week perdio n then I'll been fine lasted time I was getting off I was on my perdio for 2months now I'm back on the shot2011 n now I'm off but now I had light bleeding now to heavy brown! What's going on??
since starting my periods at 13 i never used anything except condoms once i got with my fiance. In 2008 we had our first child thats when i decided to go for the depo with the encouragment of a friend who had been on depo for 2 yrs. my friend came off the depo in june 10 and didnt get her period till feb this year. i became worried as i want to have more children and after talking to my fiance decided this was for the best. my last injection should have been in feb this year but didnt go and today i got my period im so happy but in some pain :) i hope this gives some hope to people that each of uz are very different. hoping to add a new addition really soon. good luck with everyone out there trying for there very own bundle of joy. i will never advise anyone to go on the depo the best thing is u dont get periods!! the disadvantages are endless and to some life changing!!! please if anyone wants to get depo think and read up on it!! i will never be going back on it and my beautiful daughter who is 3 will hopefully never going on it either!!
i had my son 6 months ago and i got the depo shot. i got it twice already and ive been bleeding ever since. it stopped for like 3 weeks, but its back now. i dnt know if its stress or what. but its really pissing me off. also i have been having severly bad pains on my hip and its hard to even hold my son with this pain. this has never happened till after tht depo shot. should i stop taking it and just get on the pill?
I am 23 and having my period every other week if that, I was on depo for 2 years, and did not find out until I stopped depo that you cant even get pregnant for up to 5 years after stopping use. i am in horrible pain during my period and cant get pregnant now. DONT GET IT! it will mess up your system for years to come!
i started my depo shot three years ago. i was due for my last one in february '11 and i decided to come off of it. when i began the shot my weight was 115lbs  (which is normal for me.) after being on for almost three years my weight shot up to almost 180lbs at one point!!!!! I came off the shot and have since lost about 40lbs. It took me 3 1/2 months after coming off but i JUST got my first "period" and i quote that because it really doesnt LOOK like a period, it's DARK brown and clotty most of the time. I've only been on it for 3 days now but i really hope it does NOT last for months! I have a little cramping but nothing serious.. but i assume the worse is yet to come!!!!
My last shot was due May 10-24. I didn't get my shot but my period was on from May7-24. Am I fertile now can I get pregnant?
I began the Depo shot in April of 2011 ...it is now June and i've been on my period from June 10th and still on it and it's june 30th ! I went t the doctor on my 12th day of my period and they put me on a birth control pill to control the bleeding ...it hasn't helped what so ever. I am concerned and want it to go away. I was use to not having a period and felt this was unhealthy and might  make me infertile so i wanted some reassurance that i might one day be able to have children. I doubt i will continue the show under these conditions. This is more than just "irregular bleeding" and this should be explicitly stated when recieving the shot. I'm against the depo shot.
i been on depo for a year and a half. i was due for my next shot april 7 2011. i didnt get it. i started bleedin june 29, 2011 and was on for three days which was july 2, 2011. i am havin lots of white creamy discard. what do this means can i be prego. o ya and for the three days of bleedin it was bleedin not spottin.
hey i jus got my depo shot. the reason why i got it its because im breastfeeding and its the only birth control they told me i could use. so the thing is that im havin serious back pain and i hate it., i havent had my period but it could be normal since im brastfeeding. so are back pains normal? and after readin all of the stories i dont think im gettin it again, im scared i mite have made a mistake :(. i should have keep using the other method..condoms or pull out.
I was on the injection for 3 - 4 years i am 21 now and have been with my partner for 6 years. I came off the injection a year ago today and only in May 2011 i had my first period in 4 years. Didn't have one then in June had a normal 7 day one in July and a week later had another one and its been for 2 weeks and its really heavy. Feel really ill and bloated. If anyone is thinkin about going on the depo please think about it as it is the worst thing i have ever done.
they should just band depo. im sick of it. So many problems behind it. As i read all of your comments they have nuthin on what depo did to me. Please be aware serious condition
I WAS ON DEPO ABOUT 9 MONTHS I BELIEVE AND WHEN I STOPPED GOING TO GET IT I BLED FOR 12 WEEKS STRAIGHT THE STOPPED A WEEK THEN ON A WEEK IT HAS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR 5 MONTHS NOW I HATE DEPO!! I HOPE THEY BAN IT MY DOCTOR SAID THAT IT IS REALLY THE WORSTE FORM OF BIRTH CONTROL , I CANT BE ON THE PILL SO MY NEXT MOVE IS THE MARANA OR PARAGAR MAYBE PARAGER BC ITS HORMONE FREE I HAVE A 15MONTH OLD SON AND HES ENOUGH FOR NOW I HOPE THIS STOPS SOON BC ITS AGGRAVATING
Unlike all the other stories about the depo injection, the first time i was on it i had the injection for 4 and 1/2 years with no bleeding at all. It did take me 2 years to get a period afterwards which was a bonus and then my periods was heavy and lasted 4 to 7 days a go. 6 years later i have tried it again i was due to have the second shot 5th of september 11 but have decided against it as i was bleeding after sex..... the question i have is how long will it take my body to get back to normal after having just 1 shot and how will i no if im pregnent if im not having periods????
i barely took depo only too doses a yr ago one in january then the last one was in june and my periods are still off track i didnt get a preiod (period) for a whole yr just inbetween bleeding and spotting me and my fiance had started ttc and it was so hard we had abt 2 chemicals but it is really hard to get pregnant of that bc i doubt it but it is possible take a blood test if thats a negative then your not you just havent had a period due to the drug. im still not right off of depo and its about to be 2 yrs with irregular periods and longer cycles i use to be every 21 days for 3 days now im all over the place and for 5 to 8 days or even longer i hate depo.
I HAVE! I'VE BEEN ON THE DEPO FOR 5 YEARS..N JUST RECENTLY I STARTED BLEEDING UNCONTROLLABLY..MY LAST SHOT WUZ N JULY N I DO BELIEVE THAT WILL BE THE LAST ONE..1 DAY I BLEED HEAVY N THE NEXT DAY ITX GONE N NEXT BACK AGAIN..I DONT THINK THEY SHOULD GIVE DEPO 2 A DOG LET ALONE WOMEN.. SOMETIMES I BLEED AFTER SEX N SOMETIMES I DONT WHICH IS VERY EMBARRASING KNOWING THAT I WASNT BLEEDING B4 THE SEX TOOK PLACE..IT SAVED ME FOR 5 YEARS BUT R.I.P. DEPO!
I took 3 hpts and 1 blood test and all came back neg but I still have the signs of being pergent is that possiable.
I have taken a hpt over the last few months and it came back negitive but i have also had some major surgery done and i was wondering if that could also be the reason as to why i haven't had a period as yet.  I normaly bleed after surgery but didn't this time....... could i be pregnent i guess theres only one way to find out, my problem is me and my partner want this so much i just dont think i could cope with another no :(
I got my first depo injection a few weeks ago, my period is late, and I was looking for an answer why. if anyone could assist...
I planned to get more but after reading this, I'm not so sure.. ? :((((
my 1st time on depo was sept 18 2011 and had my 3rd kid sept 16th and i never bleed alot afterwards  adn now im on the depo ive been bleeding heavey and light on and off im tired of bleeding is this normal or wat im suppose to go back dec 18 for another shot but dnt know if i wanna get it after reading everyones comments i bleed to much and hate it i wish it wuld stop shuld i ask my doc.............
I had a period for five days can I get pregnant now?
I got my first shot on Sept. 9, 2011. Started spotting the second week and have been on a light period with cramps ever since and it is October 10 with no signs of it stopping. I wish I would have read all the warnings and posts before getting this shot. I will not be getting the second round. I want this out of my body and it is looking like it could take months and months for this to run it's course. Has ruined my sex life with my NEW boyfriend. Very embarrasing!!
I STARTED TAKIN DEPO APRIL 8.OF 2010, I'VE BEEN ON MY PERIOD FOR A YEAR AND A HALF I STOPPED DEPO APRIL OF THIS YEAR BUT SINCE I HAVE STARTED THE DEPO I HAVE BEEN BLEEDING LIKE CRAZY I JUS WISH IT WOULD STOP ON DAY I'LL STOP BUT THE NEXT DAY I IT WOULD START BACK. ITS USUALLY A BRIGHT RED ARE BROWN THICK CLOTTY AND DARK. SOMETHIMES I GET A LOT OF REALLY BIG BLOOD CLOTS REALLY DARK REAL, I HAVE HEAD PAINS, R JUST SLEEPING A WHOLE LOT BUT WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS, IF IM GOING TO BE ABLE TO HAVE ANY MORE CHILDREN SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME.. THANX <3
I took the depo shot in september 2011 and I was expecting my period on the 7th of October but a few days before I was expecting my period I started getting brown discharge, it varied in texture from day to day and I am still getting the discharge but less, it is the 19th of October and I still don't have my period and still have the discharge. Should I be worried? Is this normal?
i was on depo for 5 year, my last injection was meant to be june 2011, i didnt get it and have been on my period ever since EVERY SINGLE DAY and have not stopped, so im gettin on for 4 months with non stop bleeding, im not in pain or anything i just cant stop the bleed, it sometimes looks like iv cut myself cos of how bright the blood looks. iv recently been referred to a gyno but all they have found is a small cyst on my left ovary, all swabs came back clear and they cannot tell me why im bleeding, its not a light period btw its quite heavy all the time! they've given me the mini pill cos i cant take combined but im not bothering with any sort of oral contraceptive, me and my partner want to try for a baby but i dont think im ever going to be able to concieve (conceive) because of depo, i dont even see an end to my period for a long while yet, any advice or help would be much appreciated.
I ONLY HAD TWO SHOTS AND NOW I'VE BEEN OFF ALMOST 5 MONTH. AND I'M TRYING TO GET PREGNANT WHEN ITS I'M GONNA GET MY PERIOD BACK.
Uggghhhh no one ever told me the after affects of the depo shot. I was on the shot for 2 years and while on ths shot it was wonderful. I had no period, great sex and didnt have to worry about getting pregnant. I finally decided to get off the Depo shot in 2009 and did not have a period for 2 long years. Finally my husband and i decide that we want another child so i got very desperate for my period to return in order for me to ovulate. I went to the Dr. and she advised me to take prenatal vitamans to help my period come and in August 2011 my period came for a week; yet according to clear blue easy digital ovulation kit i did not ovulate that month. September 2011 come alone and i had exacly a 14 day period; according to the digital clear blue easy test i ovulated on day 15 but i did not get pregnant. October 2011 come around and i got my period, according to the digital clear blue easy test i ovulated on day 15 WHILE ON MY PERIOD. Today is day 17 of this horrible period and it looks like it will not end. I have gone to the Dr. and did a vaginal ultrasound for them to find nothing wrong. I am waiting on my blood work to come in to see if it might not be hormonal or thiroid problems. Yet i believe its the stupid shot after affects, i had no period for 2 long years. I have lost 17 pounds through this whole process and as of today i am feeling HORRIBLE. I am tired, drianed, cranky, having horrible head aches and one horrible period flow. I get so aggravated when i go to the bathroom. THe sad thing is my husband and i want a child so deperatly and it does not look like it will happen!!!! My Dr. doesnt seem to want to help us get pregnant either. If something doesnt happen soon i am switching Dr.s... I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE DEPO TO ANYONE... I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE DEPO TO ANYONE THAT WOULD POSSIBLY WANT ANOTHER CHILD... it took one of my friends 3 years after the DEPO to get pregnant and another friend SEVEN YEARS to get pregnant after the depo.. this is horrible and im so aggravated!!
I just have one question. I was on Depo for 5 yrs. wanted to start a family so stopped. I went through a spell with my husband and got one shot in Sept. 2010. I got a peroid in Sept. 2011. No peroid October, its now November. Should my peroid skip months or could I be pregnant already?
I got my first shot 3 months ago, and I will never get one again, it caused me heavy bleeding for the first 2 months and for the last month still bleeding slightly, but it made sexual intercourse unconfortable because the blood was allllways there, without saying the weird odor it started and itchiness in the begining and during the last weeks, I even thought I had stds but I got tested and all was negative. I think this shot is not good for you, please do not use it. You will gain weight and crave bad food a lot, get depressed and yes the worst again itch and stink your genitals. Its a nightmare.
I have been off the injection for over 5 months now and still havnt had a period!
I don't know wether this is normal...
I jus started depo end of september and I have been spotting most of the time since then. I was on my period when I got the shot two weeks after I started a brown discharge then it went away. Then two weeks later I started a brown discharge again folliwed by spotting but not enough to fill a tampon. I have been spotting for two weeks now but its weird cuz when I urine and wipe nothing is there but I have stuck tissue up there and there is blood. My 2nd shot is scheduled for december and.im debating on if I want to get it again, im scared I may not stop bleeding. why does the blood seem like it doesnt want to come down, is there anything I can do to get it to flow, or is there something I can take to regulate it. Pls help!!!!
I am 45 and thought I had had enough of my periods..pain..heavy heavy bleeding, so after discussing with my dr, she suggested the mirena IUD. I looked into that and after much research, got nervous about it, read HORROR stories about it and didn't get one. Then Dr suggested DEPO, I read some, but just decided there is good and bad with everything.  I can't take the pill and was hoping to stop my period all together while I sail into menopause. So, I did it. My Dr said you HAVE TO get the first injection between day 1 and 5 of your period.  In all the reading I've done on this site, no one has mentioned that. Maybe this is why things aren't going well for some of you? Anyways, I got the shot on day 2 of my period.  Period continued as it usually horribly does.  I was warned by my Dr that I may experience spotting. And I am. My period should have been over about 3 days after the shot.  It's not heavy, just spotting, but enough I have to wear a tampon daily, or alternate with a pad (trying to not get Toxic shock syndrome from tampon overuse). Low grade headaches are a part of my life, but I have noticed a headache off and on since the shot. I'm a little crampy tonight, similar to PMS week when you know your period is coming.  

I have to admit, reading this site has COMPLETELY FREAKED ME OUT !!!!! I'm scarred crapless now ! and doubt I will get the second shot just out of fear alone.  I got the shot because I was sick and tired of heavy extremely painful periods. At 45, I had had enough!!!  But, I regret getting the shot now. I'm scared I'm going to pay a bigger price with having the DEPO shot.  I can only hope and pray that the next 3 months I don't bleed non stop and then, by not getting the next shot that don't pay again with wild freak out periods for the next year !!!

I wonder if the fact that I've never had kids will aid my case or make it worse?

WHAT WAS I THINKING??? I JUST WANTED THE MONTHLY PAIN TO STOP AND NOW IT SEEMS I COULD HAVE MADE THINGS WORSE WITH WORSE PAIN TO COME !!

Definately the biggest mistake of my life, stinky discharge, clotting and very heavy periods non stop since June (4months).
I have been on the depo 3 years up til 4months ago.

Was only 10stone when I was pregnant 3 years ago, went straight onto the depo after having him, and am now 14stone. it is sickening, the weight has not gone even though I stopped taking the depo, but the periods, cramps, clots, smell, discharge have been full on non stop.
I am worried my doc will give me the "ride it out, its normal" story too. It isnt normal to have this much blood and liquid coming out my body. I have never been 14 stone, i am on exactly the same diet as my friend and she is losing 2pounds a week where as i remain at 14st!!!!!!!!!!
  .....going to the docs tomorrow, hopefully will get some answers and help!
I was on the depo for about 2 years and I was only 16 when my doctor put me on it for medical reasons. My last shot was in the middle of October 2010 and I still haven't had a period or even spotting... should I be concerned? My doctor didn't tell me all the side effects and risks when she put me on it and I have learned since that teens are recommended not to take it...what should I do?
okay im on depo shot this is like my second or third month on it & ive been spotting for at least 3 weeks. this is my first month & im alil worried. HELP
I was on the depo for a little over a year and, frankly, I'm a little surprised that all I read just now are horror stories. Sure, the first hour-ish after I got my first shot I was experiencing severe abdominal pain- but that was nothing new, as my periods tended to be just as severe if not worse. I spotted for about a month but that eventually came to an end. The whole time I was on it I didn't have a single period- and I'm not ashamed to say that I was extremely thankful for that.

My last period before I started getting the shot consisted of my passing out in the middle of a McDonald's while on a road trip with a couple friends, seizing for the two minutes I was unconscious, and then coming-to greeted with such painful cramps that I was screaming and crying and writhing on the ground- all while my friends were rushing to find out where the nearest hospital was. None of the other McDonald's patrons did anything to help, not even call for an ambulance. Needless to say, I am deathly afraid of my time of the month. What if it happens again but there's no one around to help me- or would even care to? The people at McDonalds avoided us like the plague apparently- I was in too much pain to notice this tho.

That was why I got on the depo. And it worked perfectly for me- if a little alarming at the beginning. I didn't gain any weight, my moods only swung if I was late for a shot (only happened twice), no pain, no period, no nothing. It was quite nice! The only thing I wish I had been told from the start was that the depo depletes calcium levels. I have a lot of joint/bone issues now, but I started taking calcium supplements as soon as I was enlightened of the inevitable depletion.

I only stayed on the shot for a year though. The reason being that I have heard that if a woman stays on BC for too long it will make conception very difficult or even impossible. I still want to have children someday. The purpose of getting on BC was to moderate my cramps and hopefully even out my apparent hormonal imbalance, not allow me to have worry-free sex. Actually, on that note, the depo slowly but surely killed my sex-drive. Lol. I think my string of horrible relationships might have had something to do with that too though. Haha.

Anyway, my last shot was March of 2011. I didn't start getting my periods back for another 3-4 months. It hasn't really evened out much. However, I have been able to keep better track of my periods and I now know that its when my left ovary is ovulating that the severe cramps happen. I have yet to have an episode like the one at McDonald's and am hoping that I will never have to experience that again. But its a constant fear, unfortunately. I've been to doctors about it and they just keep telling me to get back on BC. I'd rather not, so every other month now I just make sure that I am stocked up on Midol, eat healthy food, have my heating pad ready, and take hot baths whenever needed. It seems to work well- just not sure how thats going to work out when I get a job again and might not be able to do so as well as I do now.
Hey I just got on the depo shot like 4 days ago and I got sick out of no where . It is cause of the shot
I have been on the depo since September of 2010 and my periods stopped as soon as I got the first injection , I was due for it again in jan of 2011 still no period , when April came I was due for it still no period , so I decided that when i was due for it in july that I wasn't going to get it so I didn't , but I also still never got a period , so in September I decided to go back and get it I thought that it would make my period come back on , the first of November I had and allergic reaction to some meds called MAXALT-ALT for headaches I think all the medicine the put in my IV at the hospital counter acted to the depo and kinda made it stop working(SO GLAD IF IT DID) , during that week me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex 2 and 3 times a day trying to conceive (EVEN THOUGH I WASN'T HAVING PERIODS) do just last Wednesday November the 9th I started spotting , it brownish and today I am still spotting could this be implantation bleeding , im very tired and omg I eat so much , I have nausea just about everyday certain smells make me wanna throw up , I'm having headaches on the regular..could someone tell me what's wrong PLEASE
i need help answering questions on depo shots.i got my last shot in april 2011 and this is now november 2011 and i still havent had a period although i was on the shot for 4 years and had no symptoms at all i got off of it to hopefully consive a baby before i turned 30 but cant do that until i have a period. someone please help with these questions thanks
I have been on the Depo-provera for 10 years. I'm 27 now and have been married for 2 years. My next one is due on the 14th Feb 2012 the only time i have bleed was when I had cell's removed after another bad 'smear' test. I really want a baby my husband has 5 kids but we dont see them much (not out of choice!) Iam really scared now that I'm not going to be able to have a baby and wont beable to be the wife I want to be....

brighton, uk
Well I've been on depo shot for a year I stopped taking it on April and got pregnant on October when you start having your period again that's when u start ovulating and when u start ovulating then that's when you could get pregnant but every woman is different remember that. Hopes everything works out for you good luck!
Omg I was on depo  for 6 months "2 injectios" and it was due on July and I haven't got my period back now my Dr put me on bcp and I have weight gain and don't matter what I do I can't lose weight! I haven't got my period back is that normal??
Thank you for your insight it has truly answered my questions i went on the pill in may and didn't go back on it for the second injection because it was making me very moody and since i been off of it i have a non stop period it went away for a week and then i thought i was gonna go back to a normal period but then my period returned and had consistent since, it is driving me crazy i was actually considering going on the pill thinking it was gonna regulate my period but thanks to your info i have change that i am just gonna wait it out. I am sticking to condoms as well as soon as the period has stopped, thanks again :)
I been off the depo since nov 11 2011 so it about 3 week and 2 day last Tuesday was feeling sick but not being sick and lots of wind this didn't stop for until Thursday but slowing down friday my boobs was starting to hurt I don't know want it is and I haven't had a period for 4 months now. Done loads of pregnant test there said not pregnant but when I had my first child it took 3 Half months to show up.
God reading all these horrible stories i thought i would post my not so bad story and experiences of the injection... I got my injection when i was 15 (just to stop periods beacuse they did my head in) and i stayed on it until i was 19 and then after being my partner for nearly 2 years we moved in together and decided (knowing that it may take time for my cycle to come back) to come off the injection to try for a baby and so i came off injection and straight on the mini pill to bring a period back. I came off the injection in April 2007 and was pregnant in june 2008 and gave birth to my healthy little boy in march 09. I then went straight back on the injection after i had him. Since we have decided to try for baby number 2 so in january 2010 I never went back for my injection (i also avoided the other pills and decided i would naturally let me body get back to normal) Now in December 2011 i have my period back so and all seems good. Bit of cramping but nothing extreme so fingers crossed baby number 2 will soon be on the way... It isnt all bad people only really discuss it if it has done something really bad to them. One thing i can say which is the only side effect i have noticed is that i had no sex drive but since off it it has gone through the roof (which helps when trying for a baby :-) )  
I went on depo after my son was born and was on it for two years. I went away to study after that so I came off since I wouldnt be having sex with anyone but my husband.My period took 2 months to come back- when it came it came back it came heavy but for the normal 5 days. I went home for vacation 6 months later and went back on the depo. Returning to my study country I came off again. This time it didnt come for only one month, the other month it came normal BUT THE NEXT MONTH IT CAME HEAVY FOR TWO WEEKS! It only came for two weeks cause I stopped it by using the pill to regulate it. The following month it came normal and the end of november it HAS NOT COME! It is december and still hasnt come and instead I have a whitish discharge while I continue to feel that its going to come. Iknow I'm not pregnant cause I have had sex in months so it has to be the injection or something else. Anyone ever had their period start for a while( whether normal  or not) then stop- with discharge, after taking depo?
I love depo,will be 30 nxt yr and have 3 kids. Depo calms my mood swings,yes ive put weight on but come on its hard to keep slim as ur getting older with kids.u cant blame the depo for sharing kids meals n treats,its called been a happy mum just dont get greedy.yes I was slim and 9stone but now am abit fat at 11stone but my kids are happy and im a good mum.depo is good if it stops ur periods cos u dont have to worry when ur on the go with kids.and lets face it,wen u decide u want another child if it takes that bit longer to catch on atleast u have time to change ur mind instead of rushing into it.x
I have been on the depo since 2006 and I just got off this year 2011 and its been over five mths and I haven't had a period yet and I had went to the doctor and they said I'm not pregnant so and I was in the hosiptal for a month and a half and I was on all types of meds bcus I had a kidneystone but I dnt have it nomore and I haven't been back to the doctor since october and I don't kno what's wrong with me how long can u go without having a period being on the depo shot? and how long can it stay in your body?
hello kelli, i have those same problems but ive never gone off depo. ive been on it consistantly for about 3 years now and im just now having those symptoms. sometimes when im due for my shot i think im actually pregnant because my breasts get larger and tender and my lower tummy swells up and gets hard. it goes away after my shot but this last time it came back a week after the shot. im worried now since this has never happened. i am going to the doctor tomorrow for some answers. hope everything gets better for you. i know your pain
Hi i have just come off the shot after 20 years straight( long i know), and my last shot due was spose to be october this year 2011 i flagged it, then...dec 18th this year 2011 i have my first cycle which seems to be normal so far, as i can remember and with mild cramps, i am yet to finish this cycle first (3days to go), and hope to remain patient that nothing happens inbetween the time of next months due date from now other than conceiving that is, so i can determine wen i ovulate...thats the fustrating time when you want to try to conceive, anyway since coming off my last shot i started taking Mecafem Root Tablets from Peru that women may have heard of, i thort my hormones would be up the shoot from 20 prolonged yrs of being on depo.....i was sooo happy when i got my period almost like the feeling of knowing you are pregnant!, It does what it says that Macafem im sure of it and its all 100%naturall.
So just taking from your story, u CAN get a cycle after being on Depo so soon after and NOT have to wait 6mnths to a year, yet all women are different yes.

Was on depo shot for 3 years with no periods at all, last shot was nov 09 but didn't get a period until june 11. Was very worried as kept expecting it. As time went on, got more monthly symptoms and finally it appeared! Has been irregular since. What I would call a normal period each month, and usually a lighter period somewhere in between. Have been feeling so run down and tired over last 6 months was getting worried, but after reading all these comments do feel fairly happy that it is all depo side effects. Wish doctors would tell you about them as they weren't very helpful in the past. Wasn't looking forward to having to go and see them again :-)
Isn't it at least nice to know we aren't alone, even though we are all suffering these side effects??
I have been on depo for almost 10 years - and haven't had a cycle in probably 9 (which I have always been thrilled about). My last shot was about 2 months ago but this one seems to be different somehow. I gained about 15lbs in a few days (I'm 6ft so it's not as much as most women) but then I had a 24 cycle one time, It went back to normal and being gone and now I've had a light one almost two weeks. Should I be worried? I'm too shy to ask anyone I know and my next appointment is in a month. Anyone know what the deal is?? Thanks!

***@****
My period won't go away and I've only had 2 depo shots I last got it about 3 or 4 months ago and have been on my period the entire time since I got my first shot. What do I do?
I have been on the depo sot for about 5 years got off had my daughter. started taking depo again this time for about 10 years, got last shot in July. Started what i thought was a period 2 weeks ago very light spotting. Well started again tuesday last week, very heavy cramping so bad vaginal pain and big clots. I never had a period while i was on the depo shot. Lower back is killing me. Dont know what is normal or what is not. going on 7th day of period. anyone having the same symtoms (symptoms)???
ive been off the depo for about 3 months was only on it for about 6 months i still had no period and feel like my body needs one im having all theses symtons and feel contantly ill,i have really bad adnomal pain should i go to the doctors?
hi i was on the depo for nearly 2 years i came off it last april 2011 beacuse i wanted another baby i had 2 periods that lasted 5 days  but i decided 2 wait abit longer so i went back on it  october 2011 only  had the one shot then i started my periods december but they been late and lasting longer this month they were late and ive been bleeding for 9 days ive made appointment 2 see my doctor next week 2 have some test done iam really worrried theres somethink wrong or maybe its just somethink 2do with the depo the doctors didnt really give me an answer i was just woundering anyone knows about this sort of problem ther might of had aswell and what it could be
hi everyone i started the depo shot in july 8 weeks after my son was born ... i only had 2 shots was ment to go for my 3rd in october but wanted to try for another baby.... 4 months later on the 6th of feb i started my period ... quite heavy and alot of pain came along with it, but just as long as a usual period for me but now im worried i was a text book 28 day for my cycle and going by that im now 11 days late for my second period, or 8 days going by the longest cycle, im worried i may have problems.... or if im testing too early .. but the sensitive pregnancy tests "first respose" are showing a faint line indicating i may be pregnant i have took 4 of these and 2 were different types of tests and there all the same but when i try the clearblue or any others there saying neg.... can i really be pregnant this quick? it only took 4 weeks when i got with my partner to fall pregnant with my son could this be the same thing.... im so confused... but hoping were pregnant =D has anyone had the same or similar experience to maybe give me some heads up ? just cant get my head around it all
any advice would be great =) thanks for reading this... sorry to be a pain ....
I have been on depo for ten years. It was great for me being a sexually active teenager, not having to worry about forgetting to take a pill. I had no weight gain and immediately stopped having a period. I loved depo! But now i am preparing my body to have a family in the next couple years so i stopped depo about four months ago. Now i have extreme fatigue, sleeping up to 13 hrs a night and still needing a nap after work. I also am having bouts of depression, ill just start weeping, but tje next day im extremely happy and hyper. Im currently taking prenatals to help my body adjust easier (since depo is essientally tricking ur body into thinking its already pregnant).
i been on depo since dec 28th 2011. i will never take it again. i'm always thinking i'm pregnant and i been bleeding ever since with heavy bleeding and the blood smells so bad. i don't know what to do.
I have been off Depo just under 6months started my period on 14th march 2012 and I am still on it and it's been nearly 2weeks, is this normal? My breasts are very sore and have been since I come off Depo and I always feel sick, alot of headaches and not much appetite plz help
I have just gotten my 2 shot of the depo and I keep havin weird back pains and Prego symptoms but I'm not and I have brown stuff coming out its not thick like discharge tho and it's not constant flow like a period
i have had my first depo last sept. 2011 and my second shot last march 6, 2012..when will be my menstruation period back?help me please..thx
I got my first injection 1 week after having my daughter in Sept. 2010. I insisted on having it done at that time in fear I would become pregnant again. I regret ever getting the first injection. It takes 6-8 weeks to heal from after having a baby, I WAS STILL BLEEDING HEAVY 7 months later. It finally subsided for a day and came back for another 2 months!! I kept getting the shot because I thought that was just a side effect and that it would go away once my body got used to it. After the horrible heavy periods, I wasn't getting any for months in a row, I WAS SO HAPPY! lol. Then out of no where with no injections missed I got the worst back pain, stomach pain and vagina pain I have ever had and I even gave birth to my daughter all-natural! I could hardly stand up properly without having horrible pains. Jan. 2012 I stopped the injections, IM STILL BLEEDING. Its just the worst pains ever, my doctor chucked it off as ovulation and I shouldn't worry about bleeding even though I am using a tampon and pad at the same time and going through each in an hour. Plus, I wanted another baby, but from what I've been reading it appears my children won't have another sibling for the next possible two years!!
PLEASE DON'T GET THE INJECTIONS! ITS A TRAP!!!  
ALSO -
I thought I was doing great on my weight. I had my daughter lost 35lbs and got back to my regular weight at 130lbs. Now, having the injections - I've gone to 154lbs!! I'm 5'8" and shocked I have gained so much weight when I have not eaten anything differently and honestly my activity level has increased from having one child to two.
Depo = Bad
I have had my first depo shot 8 weeks ago Wich was a month after my son was born I got my first period fine but now I have missed one and not due for my merina until 27 th June I am very sexually active could I be pregnent
I started getting the depo last year and had 3 shots since then. I was supposed to get my next one July 2-9 but I didn't. I started spotting 2 weeks before I was supposed to get my next shot, and now it's the beginning of August and I'm STILL bleeding. Some days it's really light, other days I cramp and it's heavy like a normal period. I'm really irritable now, always tired (I suppose from the constant bleeding), and I feel sick and queasy a lot. I've been bleeding for 2 months now, help?
HI

I took my last Depo in Nove last year and didnt go back in Feb 2012. its been 7 months and i just got my period. However i hope its not like what others are going through and lastign months on end.

try and relax dont think about it. It took a funeral for me not to think about it
i went on the depo ijection in late January.  got my period of 3 months and on the 4th month had no period but I didn't go back for the 2nd injection, because of headaches, back pain and weight gain 12 kg in 3 months.
By the 6th month I got my period as it was before and then suddenly this month it came again after 4 days and is the heaviest period I have ever had in my life(age: 35).
I will never go back on depo, my advise to anyone considering it, read the pro and cons.
I been on depo since 2011 in its 2013 I missed my depo day which where the 25 of January. 2weeks pass by then I got on my period n its February 10 in I'm still on does that suppose to happen.
Hi Fellow Depo Provera Lab Rats.
I to was on Depo, i took it for roughly a year and a half.
I was due for my next show a week ago and i did not go because i do not feel like myself anymore.
I am allays nagging at everyone, headaches, random cramps, light headed, short with people. I just HATE it.
Not to mention i have been on my period for 5 weeks and going strong.
I am tired of it, i don't want to have sex on my period because i feel its embarrassing, but at the same time i want to.
I have been researching this for a while now and everyone who has quit taking the shot has had the same side affects. A NEVER ENDING PERIOD. I have only found a handful of posts from women who went back to a regular cycle. It is just a waiting game, but as i am very impatient, i want this to just go away and come back normal :)
Please and Thank you Mother Nature.
P.S I'm keeping the sanitary product company in business.
Please let me know if you have had any luck, or what your DC. Proscribed.
E-Mail me  ***@****
i had my second son in sept 2008 and got on depo shortly after ,I was on depo for 4 years, my last shot was in june  2012 , I was do for my next shot in sept 2012 and I didn't go, it took me 9 months to get my period and its a very,very light period.i have no cramps and I can barely tell im even having any bleeding.All this start yesterday, and when I woke up this morning I didn't see no blood and I wiped and I seen blood and the same thing happened all day today, didn't see anything tell I would use the rest room and wipe. I been looking on a lot of sites and no one is having same problem as me, everyone seem to have had heavy periods and a lot of cramping, not sure if this is normal r not thought id tell my side and if anyone has had this same problem like to know there story
Depo is good while you are on it but after mine wore off my periods have been terrible. When i was on it i had no periods and i did not become pregnant with unprotected sex. I was 15 when i got my first shot i recommend waiting until at least 17 until you get the shot bc teens shouldn't have to go thru what ive been thru. I have had unprotected sex 2 times after my shot wore off and i didnt get pregnant. depo is good while on it but terrible once your off of it and ive been off of it for almost a year now :/
hi, i had depo last july, jus had the 1 injection then came off it as wanted another baby, my periods came back in feb, i had 3 periods, feb, march and april but they've stopped again :/ my periods were around 6 days long but i also had light bleeding only seen when i wipe affter using the toile or after sext, just want my periods back to normal so we can really start trying!! nothing more annoying than thinking your periods have come back then they stop again! did a test after missing mays period and said neg gona do one this weekend after no period this month to be sure but not got my hopes up as iv read so mant bad things after having depo :(
What was the brand of BC pill you used that stopped "covered up" the effects of Depo.  I'm using TriNessa but its not helping and I'm going crazy!!  help
I just had my first shot and I got when I was on my period now it seems like its not stopping ugh and I wanna have sex but I can't stupid depo
Do you have a better chance of getting pregnant if you still had cycles while on the shot if you decided to discontinue to get the shots to become pregnant
I've been on the Depo shot for 15 years. Really no problems at all. no period, no PMS, I'm now 50 and had to get off pill so my body can go thru cycle. prior to going on it 15 years ago I had been on it for 10. Got off the shot to get pregnant again which took about 12m. So its been great for me. Pills aways gave me major headaches and bad moods. shot did not.
I am joes candra, I promise to share this testimony all over the world once my boyfriend return back to me, and today with all due respect i want to thank DR.OSAUYI for bringing joy and happiness to my relationship and my family. I want to inform you all that there is a spell caster that is real and genuine. I never believed in any of these things until i loosed my boyfriend, I required help until i found a grate spell caster, And he cast a love spell for me, and he assured me that I will get my boyfriend back in two days after the spell has been cast. Three days later, my phone rang, and so shockingly, it was my boyfriend who has not called me for past 6 years now, and made an apology for the heart break, and told me that he is ready to be my back bone till the rest of his life with me. DR.OSAUYI released him up to know how much i loved and wanted him. And opened his eyes to picture how much we have share together. As I`m writing this testimony right now I`m the most happiest girl on earth and me and my boyfriend is living a happy life and our love is now stronger than how it were even before our break up. So that`s why I promised to share my testimony all over the universe.All thanks goes to DR.OSAUYI for the excessive work that he has done for me. Below is the email address in any situation you are undergoing a heart break, and I assure you that as he has done mine for me, he will definitely help you too. ***@**** that is his email address bye
Hey my name is Tabitha I'm going thru the same thing, I got on the depo shot august of last year and I got my last shot in March of this year and haven't had a period yet, so I'm wondering as well where is my period, it's scary