Possible period while pregnant?
I am 4.5 wks pregnant and I started to bleed like my normal period, went to the doctor and my cervix is closed and tests say that I am still pregnant. I have not had any pain what so ever. Is it possible to have a period and be pregnant?
Hi Yes some times a woman does have a period.But it is usally not that heavy.My daughter had another period when she found out she was pregnant.She went to the doctor just like you did,and he said that it was normal.He told her not be up and active though.I hope yours gave you the same advice.Take care of your self and the little bundle of joy you are carrying.TNT406
From what I understand the reason you may still get your period early in pregnancy is that although your progesterone is rising, it hasn't risen enough to completely suppress your period.  I agree with the first poster that it should be a lighter than usual period.  You should let your dr know, but as long as the bleeding is not too heavy and you're not having pain then everything is probably ok.
When I was pregnant with my son, I had a small period (I know I missed my first period and that's how I knew I was pregnant, so it must have been the 2nd of 3rd one, but definitely not later than that)- but it was sort of more a pinkish than a red, and pretty light.
yes it is possiabe for some women to have their period while being pregnant.... i had my period for the first 3 months of being pregnant for both of my children so sometimes it is ok...
i dont really have a comment, but does anyone know what it means when i had a period starting on sept.22 and went through the 26th, and it was really light and pinkish red. i started my period 13 days later, and it was brownish reddish blotchy the first day, and now its the 13th and im still on it, and it is now like my normal period....what does thatmean? can anyone tell me? email me at ricky_ticky84***@**** i am 17 and need to know. thanks
I had my baby last year in August, I started taking the two months injection in April this year. i have my periods every month, except for this month(August).
Is there a possibility that I might be pregnant again?
Just to give all you ladies some reassurance here, it is possible that anyone who is experiencing any pregnancy symptoms to be pregnant even if you are still experiencing a menstrual period. The reason why pregnancy tests read as negative when a woman is pregnant (if it turns out she is pregnant whether she knows it or not), is because the HCG levels are low. I've heard of actual cases where women took pregnancy tests where they later discovered they were pregnant all along and it showed up as reading negative, even a case of a woman who did an experiment of trying a test one week prior to the delivery of her baby and that showed up negative because her HCG levels were low. The best way to confirm if you are pregnant is by taking a blood test at the hospital or a clinic to confirm it. If that fails to confirm that you are (I have heard of cases where a blood test isn't 100% reliable), then get a sonogram done to see if there is a fetus there. I'm amazed at the TV show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant", the episodes that feature particularly the women who had their full-on menstrual periods (3-5 days or however long a normal cycle is, each woman's cycle varies), and the woman who was slightly overweight who didn't know at all that she was pregnant until the day she gave birth (and she was getting her regular periods throughout her pregnancy and was even on her period the day she gave birth!). I personally know of 2  friends who had their REGULAR monthly periods during the first 3 months of their pregnancies. They both didn't even have a clue that they were pregnant because having their full, normal monthly periods made them not even suspect it. The only reason they found out is because they were easily getting tired and were told by friends and/or family that they looked pregnant although they weren't yet showing. Sure enough they went in for a blood test and that confirmed it for them. They each delivered a healthy baby boy, one of them being born yesterday afternoon. So there you have it! It sometimes just happens that a women gets a period while pregnant whether she knows she's pregnant or not. And none of you are crazy at all, you know your body better than anyone else. And for anyone being critical about this subject in this forum, please think before you criticize, you wouldn't really know unless it happened to you.
So I know its been awhile since this has been posted but I was bleeding way before I found out I was pregnant and to this day I'm 9 weeks and still bleeding. I'm just wondering is it normal to have cramps like you did before you were pregnant and on your period. I went to the er and my cervix is closed still and she didn't see any sign of miscarriage but I'm just concerned about all the bleeding even my doctor doesnt know.
Hi it's very old post but it really help me..
I'm 31 and trying to get pregnant.last month I took ovamit a fertility pill my o.b gave me.i took and have s.x after a week I feel symptoms of pregnancy or just pms I don't know my breast and nipple are soring.want to vomit but no cravings. Anyhow I always have period week earlier so it's Nov.8 I should have my period on Dec 4.but nothing on Dec.8 my nipple and boobs soring are gone and I got my period but just for 1 day.im very confused the 2nd day is just a brownish spot but very little but I took preggy. Test and it's negative now it's Dec.12 feeling kinda pain in my uterus but it's not that painful just slight.and I'm suspecting I'm pregnant is that possible pls help.
Hi there.  It's possible to bleed while pregnant but it is very rare to not get a positive pregnancy test if you are.  Unless you've tested too early.  Otherwise, the tests are very accurate.  good luck dear