Possible pregnancy? Home test says no, but...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My period is one week late and I am concerned about pregnancy. I'm tired, have nausea, swollen breasts, and "super senses" (smell and taste). I have also experienced cramping and emotional mood swings (crying jags, but for the most part feel strangely "calm"). I have tried two different types of home pregnancy tests ("Answer" and "EPT") and both are negative. Is it possible to still be pregnant?  In the past year, my period has been coming every 21 days instead of 28. I'm 30 years old. Could I be going through menopause? What gives? Thanks.
Tags: Pregnancy, test, Health, negative, s, home test, Reproductive Health, Women, Womens Health
Also, my period has never been late in the history of my menstrual cycle that began at 12 years old.
home pregnancy tests arent always accurate..and periods can chance for no reason, sometimes stress, your eating habits, physical activity can take a role on it..so maybe thats it..if you havent gotten it in a about a week, it wouldnt hurt to go to the dr to see whats going on..as for those symptoms..everyone i know (including me) didnt get pregnancy symptoms til they were at least 4-5 weeks along..i was about 8 weeks before i got any symptoms..sometimes, when people think they might be pregnant, they think about all the common sign that pregnant woman get, and then they basically convince their bosy to feel that way, even if thats not really how you feel..like, right now, im feleing totally fine..but if i sat here and kept worrying about having a headache, chances are in 10-20 minutes, i'll have one, cuz i talked myself into it..so youre best bet is to just try not to worry..and see where it goes from there..good luck  :D
Hey, thanks a lot. I a totally freaking myself out into a state of emotional disarray, so I know exactly what you mean about psychosomatic symptoms ;) I think the waiting is the hardest part. I have an appointment with an OBGYN a week from tomorrow, so I should have a good sense of what's going on. In the meantime, I'm going to try to not think about it (even though it's tough!). Thanks again.
I totally agree that you shouldn't freak yourself out about being pregnant or not being pregnant, but I totally disagree about everyone not having symptoms of pregnancy until 4-5 weeks.  I am 41 and a mother of 5.  I can tell you especially with my last 2...I knew within a couple of weeks.  Also my daughter is 17 1/2, had a baby at 15 and we both knew she was pregnant within a week or 2.  Now she's pregnant with #2..just like the first one...she took 2 tests, both negative, and 2 blood tests....the 2nd one was positive, but like I said she knew..I knew and her husband knew.   Don't always count on the home pregnancy tests.  It's good that you have an appointment soon, so it can put your mind at ease.  Hope I didn't freak you out more.
I am about a week and a half late.  I am usually never late.  I have no symptoms of being pregnant, but I am worried like you wouldn't believe.  I have take three home pregnancy tests with in 5 day of eachother and they all say negative, but I just can't help but worry that I am late.  I don't have any signs of starting my period, I have not had a hint of PMS, but I have had unprotected sex (several times), which was stupid, and now I have no period.  Could it be possible that it is too early on for the test to detect the pregnancy hormone and if I take another one in a week or two it would be more accurate.  Not knowing is driving me crazy!!!  If I really am not PG then why haven't I started my period?  1st day of my last period was June 1 - 5.  Today is July 13.  Some one please give me some advice, someone to talk to is desperately what I need right now.
hey, i'm going through the same thing.  the same dates and everything! my last period was on the 7th of June and tomorrow (I'm writing this kind of late) will be the 17th of July! That's ten days. I am wanting to be pregnant... I keep cramping a little bit, though, and I keep wandering whether or not I'm going to start.  It's driving me nuts!  I took a pregnancy test today, but it came out negative, so I keep thinking I'm going to start... It makes me worry... why haven't I started yet?  today I seemed really tired... I have good sleeping habits, but today I felt like I just had to lie down.. once I got in the bed I slept for two hours before my boyfriend came in and woke me up.

write back if you find out anything... I'd like to have someone to talk to that's going through the same thing that I am.
I'm feeling really sick today and kind of dizzy.  I took a pregnancy test just the other day and it was negative.  I just don't believe it! I haven't started vomiting yet and I read somewhere that if you're not vomiting you should be worried...that low hormone levels could mean a miscarriage.  I don't know... does anyone have any advice for me? I just keep thinking that if I take another HPT that it's just going to be negative again - I don't know what to do.

Hi, I'm having some of the same problems as everyone else--I have NOT been trying to get pregnant but I am 16 days late. I have 2 boys so I have been pregnant before but this has never happened.  I had terrible PMS during the week I was supposed to get my period but I never got it, then all symptoms went away--now all of a sudden I am having symptoms again. I have taken 2 tests both neg. however, they were cheap ones--(we live in Guam and they are double the cost than in the states and I don't want to waste money if results are neg)--Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated!
My husband and I are trying to conceive and what's hard about that is my periods are very irregular.  I have been charting the day I start my period and noticed something odd. On January 25th Started period, then 43days later on March 10th I started again.  My period stopped for a while until May 9th, 61days later. Then my last period was June 20th at 43days again.  I haven't started my period yet. Since July 24th I have been feeling really nauseated and have been experiencing discomfort in my stomach.  It almost feels like my stomach is stretching. I took a HPT on July 30th but it was negative.  Then today I got real sick and it's like all symptoms are hitting me.  I have been tossing cookies, experiencing back pain,  keep going to restroom to pee, headache, stomach feeling strange again like my stomach is growing. I decided to take another HPT test and again it was negative.  I am wondering if I am pregnant and I'm just not having enough pregancy hormone showing on test.  I know I was ovulating July 21st-23rd and we were trying to conceive.  I just trying to figure out when I should test again.
I am 33 yrs old and for the past 4 months I have been experiencing periods that are coming every 17 to 19 days, with a lot of cramping. I have been to my Dr.s and to the Hospital. My Dr. has done an Ultrasound and found cysts on my ovaries. (thats where the cramping is coming from) But is unsure of why my periods are coming as soon as they are. I have taking on a new job that I am very active at. (6 months with this job) Could my peroids be coming so often because of my active work life, or could it be something different? I know I am NOT pregnant, I have had the test done twice at the Dr's office, and I have been fixed 8 yrs ago.
I have a question and i need someone to help me.....i think i might be pregnent. my stomach has gotten hard and i am about a week late and all i want to do is cry and i need to use the bathroom a lot can someone please help me
I have not had my period in 3 months!!!! I have taken several hpt's and all come out negative. I haven't changed anything lately that would cause my period to be late. My husband and I have sex about 3-4 times a week, but he rarely leaves his *** inside me. Has this ever happened to anyone???
if you are only about a week late, even if you were pregnant you're "stomach" would not be feeling hard yet. alot of times, if you stress yourself out about it, it will cause your period to be later. and if you worry about being pregnant too much, you will kinda convince yourself that that is what's wrong, and you will experience some early symptons. my advice...if you don't have your period in a week to 10 days, take a test. if it's negative, call your doctor.
i have kinda goin through about the same thing i am a mounth late and last mounth i spotted for two days . my doc asked if it was colorded like normal are was it darker it was darker she said that i just might be one out of so many women that the hormon doesnt get high enough for a hpt to pick up . i have gotten many of the symptoms other than head achs bigger boobs  and wanting to eat more . i have taken alot of test all r negative i go back in a week to take a blood test to see if i am going to have a baby but i was wondering as any one ever herad of some one not haveing and signs of pregnancy and all the test say neg. but the still had a baby?
Hello, I am currently 15 days late and I have taken 4 pregnancy tests and all of them were negative.  My doctor told me to wait and see if I am late again next month and then if I am still late to come in and get a blood test.  I am finding it difficult to wait 2 or 3 more weeks to see the doctor.  I am constantly feeling like I am going to start my period (as far as cramping and headaches) but I never do.  I am hoping that I am pregnant, any words of advice??
Hi , Just after some help or advice - I am almost two weeks late and have done 3 Home tests of which all were negative. I have had a pretty regular period before being on contraception. I came off the pill in April this year and my preiods have been every 28 days until July where I menstruated mid cycle- that was my last period. So I haven't menstruated since then. Could I be pregnant? I have had a little headache every now and then and lots of these twingy pains. My breast were sore the other day but are just heavy now. I have also had bouts of dizziness. I am booked into the doctors on Saturday but I just thought I would ask if anyone else has experienced negative tests and were still preganant? My husband and I are wanting a baby so i don't know I if I am just experiencing the sore breasts or dizziness becuase I am hoping I will be pregnanat. If anyone could shed any light that would be great. Thanks and c-ya
Ok Hi,
  I am 23 years old and I think my girlfriend is pregnant. We really want this so bad, but both tests have said otherwise. She took them both in the same day. The first one she said she did wrong b/c she was "supposed to lay it down instead of standing it up?". I don't know, but the next one she did was right, and it came out negative. There were 2 instances where we think the pregnancy could have occured. The first one was about a month ago, but she had her period after that. And the other one was about 3 days ago. Is it just too soon to tell if she is pregnant? Do we just want this child so bad that the symptoms are all there for her but the tests say no? She said she has been getting cramps, her breasts hurt today, urinating a lot, stomach getting a little harder. I think it has been about 4 weeks since the first time had unprotected sex to try and have this child. When would her stomach get hard? Now she had her period about a week and a half ago, do we just wait? The waiting is killing me. And what is worse is, that we lost everything in Hurrican Katrina, evacuated, and now she is in Arkansas. So if she is pregnant, I will be going to Arkansas. But another question is, could the stress of this prevent her from having the baby, or even make her feel these symptoms? I don't know, we both REALLY feel like she is pregnant. That feeling I guess. If someone could get back to me I would appreciate it. My email is ***@**** and my name is Danny. Thank you.
Danny,
First of all, I am very sorry to hear that you have suffered through Hurricane Katrina. Our prayers are with you!
As for your girlfriend being pregnant. I am NOT a Dr. but am the proud mommy of 5 children. Given the details of the times she could have gotten pregnant, my guess is that she did not get pregnant 4 weeks ago. Unless her period a week ago was unusual as far as not lasting as long or was lighter than usual. However, she could have gotten pregnant last week. I really wouldn't waste the money to do an HPT until she is a few days late for her next expected period. It will most likely come back negative which will just sadden you more. So be optimistic that this is the time and have her take care of herself as though she is pregnant. Some signs to look for this early are fatigue, where she feels the need to nap more than normal. Just that feeling of being tired for no apparent reason. An increase in appetite. It is amazing how quick that one kicks in. I started eating twice as much, and very specific things before I even suspected a pregnancy. Increased urination is also a biggie. She won't notice any changes in her tummy for several weeks to a couple of months down the road. But the breasts will be tender and get larger over time.. And then as soon as she is late, take that test. If it is still negative but she doesn't start then go for a blood test. I sure hope you guys get the positive results you want so dearly. If not this time then keep trying! And again, my thoughts are with you in the loss of your home and the life you've had to leave behind.
I have had five negative HPT's  but I am four weeks late.  I went to the doctor this morning and did a blood test.  I will find out tomorrow.  Wish me luck!!

Was reading this forum and thought that i would ask your advice as i have also missed my period i was due 3 weeks ago, i have also took three pregnancy tests which all are neg and i have also visited the doctor who gave me another pregnancy test to test and send away for results i have not got these back yet.   I have no symptoms of pregnancy or any signs of my period coming but i have been experiencing in the last few days is vaginal dryness i am concerened that i may be going through a pre menopausal thing, has anyone else experinced this before or during pregnancy or at any other time of there life - i am 32.
thanks xxx
i am now a week late and am getting worried i have been feelin realy sick and cant eat nothin wen i see food my stomach turns i havent took a hpt yet im too scared if i still havent *** on by mon im goin the docs to see wats up in the past i have dun tests an the *** up neg then i find out im pregnant i have had 2 early miscarriages earlier this year i hav discharge one day its realy heaver an the next day im dry then it becomes heavy agen can any1 help me plz??? thnx xx
Hi - I am one week late, no symptoms of oncoming period; HPT and blood test both neg. Never been late before as long as I can remember. Dr. said to wait a week and take HPT again; could be delayed ovulation. Breast tenderness is the main symptom, which i gave up thinking was PMS because period never came. Am trying to get preggo, so woudl be happy if this were it. They've no idea how long it is to wait a week under this circumstances to test again. Glad to see other people have been in same boat. Has anyone else had this and then turn out to be pregnant?
I have been reading all the comments and I didn't realize how many time a home pregnancy test can be inaccurate until now!  WOW!  I stoppped bc pill on September 2nd and got my period on the 5th.  It only lasted 2 days and so my husband and I were able to have intercourse.  Afew days later it was like I was getting my last few days of my period b/c it was more brown as it normally gets for me at the end of my period.  I have done a lot of internet searching to find out when i am most fertile and have found out that it is Sept 14-22nd.  We are trying to get pregnant and I hope we are.  i will take a test a few days before my expected period and if it shows up negative, i am going to my doctor.  None of this wondering if I am pregnant, i will go CRAZY!! My suggestion to those who are wondering, just got o the doctor please!!  Don't beat yourself up over it!!  I have been having symptoms of pregnancy (tender nipples, emotional, and frequent urination) but I am not going to stress over it.  My doctor will be able to tell me for sure.  I have to wait 2 more weeks though.  I will try not to think about to much!  Hmmm...Key word, TRY!  
Good luck to those trying and I hope you get pregnant soon!
Well it's good to know that other's are going through this too. My period is five days late... it has been on time, every 28 days exactly, since I got it back after my last child in 2003. I have been experiencing tender/sore/sensitive breasts, nausea, I can't make it through the day without a nap or two, cramps, and so on. I've taken two hpt's that have come back negative. Is it possible that my hormone level isn't high enough to detect or could I just be imagining that I'm having the symptoms because I want it so bad? Any answers would be great! Thanks and good luck to all that are trying!

-Savanah-
Savanah, It seems from what I've gathered from the 2 drs. I talked to (one a friend, one my dr.) that it is indeed possible that you can be pregnant even w/ a neg. HPT test post 5 days late, esp. if your ovulation date is off (later than usual) and it delays the whole cycle by a few days. The HCG wouldn't have risen in your bloodstream/urine yet, perhaps, at the time that you test. They told me to wait a week and try again. I personally think that the stress of trying to conceive might be the culprit for delaying the ovulation, throwing things off, and driving me (at least) nuts with "guessing what's going on." My case is just weird, as like you, I'm never late. And not 8 going on 9 days late, which is what i am now!  I don't have any nausea, and breast tenderness could just come from anything -- I have it so frequently I can't definitely say it's because of this or that. I'm going to hurry up and wait, as they say, and if no period shows up by Mon, take another HPT.
Just wanted to let you all know that 8 days post date of expected period, I got a positive HPT result! So, it can indeed happen. That's why some med websites say to wait 7-10 days after. I ovulated a few days later than I'd thought and this made it too early to read the test accurately 4 days ago.
Congrats molly!
Hey there ladies, I was wondering if someone could help me out? I took a pregnancy test tonight and the result was positive.  My husband wanted to do another one just to make sure.  The result for that one was negative and it was 2 different tests.  So we went to the store again and bought the same as the first and that result came out negative also. So i ended with 1 positive and 2 negatives.   Now, what do I do??  Should I wait a couple of more days or test aagin in the morning???  
Thanks!!!!
okay  well i have a problem .. my and my boyfriend havent had sex but we fool around but if we get anywhere near sex he uses a condom i know i might just be being paranoid but it seems like my stomach has been getting bigger and sometimes just feels weird and the other day i woke up and had to go to the bathroom alot and when i did it burned and there was a light pink on the toilet paper but that may just be from him from the night before because it was sore as well i also feel somewhat sick in the morning not alot just slightly but i usually do sometimes and i get dizzy when i stand up but that also has happened before.. iim not late on my period yet i have 5 more days because i have a 35 day cycle i just need help i hate being so worried will someone please just help me with some adivce
Molly-

First of all, congrats on the positive test!

Second, thanks for the advice. I'm now one week late and am ansy to take another test, but I'm going to try and hold off until at least another few days. Hope I'm as lucky as you. I still have all the same feelings I've been having, sleeping is my favorite thing now. Well congrats again and wish me luck!

-Savanah-
hi can anyone help me. i am 3 weeks late for my period i took a hpt this morning and it was negative. i am felling sick, tired, dizzy, cramps and i am going to the toilet at lot more than i usually do. iam only 20 and was not planning on having a baby yet. we used protection but it was two years out of date(which i found out later)help i dont know what to do
can anyone help, i had a miscarriag at 7 weeks, on the 21st july, i had a period on the 25th august, which is strange as my periods were alays on the 25th, anyway, i've been feeling really sick and tired for about 2 weeks now. i did an early preg test on the 24th, but it was nagative, i did another one today and it was still negative. could i be pregnant? has anyone else experienced this?
Savanah, keep me up to date! I'm curious to find out the results!
I have been charting my periods and I have been very regular (every 25 days), but I have not gotten my period for the month of September.  I always get my period so not getting it one month is very strange.  I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it came back negative, but I still wonder if I could be pregnant.  I don't have any symptoms of being pregnant, but from what I've read you don't always get symptoms right away; it could take as long as 6 weeks.  I was basically wondering if it is possible to be pregnant, but still have a test come back negative?  Did I test too soon for the hormone level to de detectable?  Should I do test again in a week?  Any information is greatly appreciated!!!
My guess, Shmoo, is that when you took the test you were testing pos & neg because you must have had either:
a) taken the tests at different times when you had different concentrations of HCG in your urine. This'd be the case if you had drunk a lot of fluids before taking a test, which can make the HCG show up less on that test.

or

b) You have only a little HCG in your urine and it's about the same amount (or a little less) as the amount the HPT can sense. They have different levels of sensitivity. So, you might get a positive result on one but not the other.

Definitely try again in a few days. If you're preggo, the HCG level should go up every few days and show up more conclusively as a positive.
Has anyone ever experienced this before...I have 3 children, but have never experienced this!!  For 3 days now I have been cramping like I am going to start my period, but I am not due to start until October 8th. Could I be pregnant???
i did another p test yesterday and it was positive! so i would suggest waiting and try again. good luck x
savanah!!! ifeel for you girl... i have had my tubes tied for 4 years now and i have had my period every month on the 24th my periods last exactly 4 to 5 days and they are misserable. heavy bleeding for the first two days and then it gets liter the last 2-3 days. in September i had my period and it started on the 24th as usual and it was pretty light the first day then the next there was only spotting when i wiped.  and then nothing. it has been 9 days since that period and i have a burning sensation in my lower left abdomen and no one seems to have an explanation to this, i have also had some other symptoms like strong sense of smell, fatigue, burning/cramping in my abdomen, light headness,and I would love nothing more then to be pregnant i have wanted to be since 2003 and everyone tells me that i cant without a reversal.... but i know a few people that have had kids after there tubes have been done. some were 9 years after there surgery and some were only 5 years.write back please.
I need some help....my period is late..my last period was on the 28th of august and my period has been regular...i have taken 4 HPT's and they are all showing negative.I have even went to the local Health Department and that one was negative to..What should i do and does anyone have any advice???
hi, me and my girlfriend don't use any type of protection at all and she's not necessarily having a lot of signs, but a few. Anyways, for the past few weeks she has bled a few times out of no where and they were short and very light, that has happned twice in the past 2 weeks and now she has missed her and it's been about 5 days now since. She took a HPT the other day and it was negative...i still think different though...if somebody can, please respiond.
How do you start October 8th Just Curious
Hot Flashes, Lack of concentration, Crazy realistic dreams, General gut feeling literally, Unusually "WANTING" husband-and anything else that moves ;) 2 negs. Hoping but feeling dissapointed. Looking for insite on if this was a regular occurance, aparently so. Only 7 days late but will try again in the morning. Curious about regaining period after stopping nuva ring or birth control in general. Does anyone know stopping birth control can cause other side effects?
I would suggest going to a doctor. If she's not pregnant it may be something he should no about.
I think I'm just paranoid, and my period is always irregular. But, I had sex at the beginning of this month and my boyfriend said he used a condom, and I don't remember the last time I got my period. I think it was mid/ end of June. And I'm young so I don't know anything about pregnancy. But I'm just thinking maybe he's lying and he didn't use a condom. I dont really have "the symptoms" like there's no swollen breasts, or morning sickness, but I am pretty hot all the time. And I'm having trouble going number 2... Like I said, I know nothing about pregnancy, but I'm just checking. I didn't take a pregnancy test or anything. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice for me. And how long does it take for you to start to show? Cause I've been gaining wait, and I've notice a little pudge on me, but I don't know what it's from. It's just been making me nervous and I figured asking for other peoples input might help.
alright thanks...but given on the situation soo far...personally, what would you think the chances are of her being pregnant at this point?
I had what i thought was a period on the 12/7/07 lasted only five days but was fresh red blood and not like a usual period (sorry for the info) also minimal cramps. Normally when i have my period i am in agony for the whole five days. I have had extreme hunger, twinges in my belly, hot and cold temps, gas, elevated bbt, dry mouth, leg cramps, back pain in the lower back, faint white lines in sides of my breasts and an increase in size, bloating, white cm, tired constantly and freq urination. I have done three hpt and they have all come back neg. Any thoughts?
I got off of the shot in September of 2006 and now it's August of 2007-I've been trying to get pregnant since I stopped taking the shot.  I had a period in the middle of June and then nothing in July and so far nothing this month-I have taken a total of 4 pg tests since the beginning of July and they have all been negative.  What should I do now??  Do I just wiat???  I have the symptons but I don't know if it's becaue I THINK I am or if I really am.  I am tired all the time, I pee all the time, I eat like a horse and I have stomach cramps and nausea in the morning and just fullness the rest of the day but I can't stop eating.  If you have any advice please let me know.

Thanks!
Kriss
I missed my period in August so i decided to take a pregnancy test. instead of taking just one test i took three which all say pregnat or have the 2 lines meaning pregnant. i've been having cramping this week and last week so i thought i was going to get my period so does this mean i'm pregnant or am i crazy?
me and my boyfriend have been trying for a child for about  year and a half now and it has never worked then in august i didnt get my period at all september i had gottin it twice with just days apart this month i am late i was suppose to get it on the 4th i have symptoms of early pregnancy but i took 3 test one there was suppose to be a line in both boxes if it was pos. and there was one line in the negative box and i dont know if it was a forming line or what but there ended up bein aleast color in them both the next one said no and the other didnt work? could i be pregnant?
Yes you are pregnant you need to go to the dr.
You should probaby go to the dr and have them do a blood test--it's the most accurate.  
Well I am giving an update on how I've been doing since August.  I ended up switching doctors and going to someone new---she did a bunch of lab work and it came back that I have something alot of women have and don't realize it's called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome PCOS and that's where your ovaries don't produce an egg every month so you don't ovulate and you miss your periods.  It also causes an excess in the male hormone which causes you to gain weight around your middle, excess hair, moodiness (omg! lots of moodiness.)  So my dr started me on a perscription for 10 days to make me have a period and she also started me on an insulin perscription to level off my insulin levels and make my body "normal" again.  THen after I got my period she put me on Clomin, it's a fertility drug to get your body to produce bigger follicals on your ovaries so they can release a healthy egg to get pregnant.  I go back for my sonogram tomorrow to see if my follicals have gotten bigger where we can try for a baby this month.  If it doesn't work this month then I get to go through another cycle of Clomin next month, and so on and so forth for about 6 months.  So I will keep everyone posted----cross your fingers for me please!
did i happen to mention i had been talkin to a doctor and it turns out i have8 of ten early signs symptoms
Well I received the fertitlity injection and was told by my dr to go have sex! ; )  So it's been about a week and a half since then and I've got extremely tender breats, I'm very sleepy and I've been eating alot more.  So I'm hoping that I'm pregnant already.  I am suppose to call the dr on Oct 29th to tell them whether I have or have not started my period.  So we will go from there.  Please everyone wish me luck!  I'm so nervous, and excited!
Well I am happy to announce that I am pregnant!  They told me today from the blood test they took yesterday---I'm so excited!  I am 1 month along, so they have to keep an eye on my HG levels.  Then I will get a sonogram in about a week.  I'm extremely excited and I wish everyone out there the best of luck!
I have been trying for the last 5 months to have a baby with my boyfriend. I have had unprotected sex everytime we have had intercourse. Lately i have been really tired, and just not feeling like me. My stomach feels bloated, and My Nipples are very sore. I took an EPT pregnancy test and it came back negitive. But i still have the feeling that i am pregnant. This concerns me because the test came back negitive but i feel very different. I have been crying for no reason, and not really feeling like myself. is there a way i could be pregnant and it didnt show it? My last period was in May, and it was only 4 days.
i NEED HELP PLZ! MY LAST PERiOD WAS JULY 15TH iT LASTED THE USUAL 5-6 DAYS. i HAD UNPROTECTED SEX JULY 29TH (14 DAYS AFTER MY LAST PERiOD) COULD i HAVE BEEN OVULATiNG? AROUND THE TiMES i WAS SUPPOSED TO GET MY NEXT PERiOD (AUGUST 12TH) i WAS SPOTTiNG VERY LiGHTLY A BROWNiSH COLOR. HOWEVER, iT ONLY LASTED ABOUT 2 DAYS. HERE LATELY, i HAVE HAD REALLY BAD BACKACHES, HEADACHES, CRAMPiNG FROM TiME TO TiME, GASSY, iNDiGESTiON, VERY, VERY TiRED!, BUT iM NOT TO HUNGRY (ACTUALLY MOST FOODS JUST DONT TASTE THE SAME!)..i HAVENT BEEN TO MOODY BUT i DEF. HAVENT BEEN FEELiNG LiKE MYSELF..i TOOK A PREG. TEST WHEN i WAS 4 DAYS LATE AND ANOTHER WHEN i WAS 7 DAYS LATE..AND BOTH NEG. :(..iS THERE A POSSiBiLiTY i COULD STiLL BE PREGNANT?? PLZ HELP :)
I am 16 days late for my period. I have veryy sore boobs and nipples but it feels like as if i was going to get my period.(this has been goin on for about a week ) i took a home test and it came back negitive. I have been late on my periods before but only by a day or two. i took the test about a week ago. ANYTHING??
ok I am 15 years old and i had sex about bout 3 months ago and then I had sex again about to weeks ago and I have been having problems with symptoms of pregnancy and i am worried because I am on Birth control and I missed  a few pills that week. So is it possible that I am and what should I do? I am really scared because my father will kick me out of the house!!!!
Hi im having some of the same problems im 21 years old i have never been pregnant before so this is all new to me but i did not have my period all month of july my last period was june 22nd and im having symptoms like feeling exhausted,headaches, being moody and emotional, chest pains but ive taken 3 at home pregnacy tests and theyre all negative i have never had a late period and never skipped an entire month like that but i dont know what to do if these tests are negative any advice??
well im back here again for advice. Well i had sex with this guy and now i really am pregnant. i am so scared and i have been pregnant before  and i had a miscarriage. i dont know if my body can handle this. im in high school and i  know longer live with my father i now live in a group home.
i am so scared
I had abdominal surgery at the beginning of october and got my periods on time on the 15th. I have my cycle every 28 days. We are now the 17th of november but no periods!!!! Am i pregnant????? I am a mom of 2 gorgeous kids but i am very confused right now. I did 3 hpt and they were negative. I have nasea, tierdness,  headache, sore nipples etc...
we are trying for a baby but everytime we get excited, we get negative resulst!!! Can anyone help me???
HI i haven't had my period for 2 months and i keep taking pregnancy test and they came out to negative...i don't feel sick sleepy or anything like that i am heavy for my age im 22 and 200 pounds but i put on this weight when i had my first child shes 1 year's and 4 month's right now i don't really want to go to the doctor but im getting scared this could be a sign that there might be something seriously wrong with me if some one can give me advice or an opinion i would take it! im gettting worried :/
I had my LMP november 24th 2009 and i took a preg test all week still coming up neg..i am not stressed,no change in everyday activities or a diet..idk whats up? i am 20
HI, IF ANYONE IS OUT THERE READING THIS PLEASE RESPOND. I AM 26YRS OLD AND THE MOTHER OF 1, I HAVE HAD MY PERIOD LIKE CLOCKWORK FOR THE LAST 3 MONTHS AND THIS MONTH I WAS DUE TO COME ON ON THE 20TH AND HAS YET TO COME ON. I AM HAVING THE SYMPTOMS I USUALLY HAVE WHEN I COME ON MY PERIOD. I TOOK 2 HPT BUT BOTH CAME BACK NEGATIVE AND COME TO FIND OUT THE TEST EXPIRED IN JULY OF 2009. COULD I BE PREGNANT OR JUST A LATE PERIOD. ALSO DO PREGNANCY AND PERIODS HAVE THE SAME SYMPTOMS????
My husband and I have been trying to conceive since we were married in August. The first day of my last normal period was October 1 - though it was about a week late. My next period didn't come until November 15 and was very, very  light and only lasted about 2 days. December 22 I spotted very lightly for about 6 hours and then nothing. January's was on the 10th and was between very light and just spotting, lasted about 36 hours. Got another period on Jan 28th. Lasted about 7 days, pretty light flow.
For the last 2 months I have been experiencing nausea at different times of the day, no matter what was eaten; fatigue no matter how well or long I slept; heartburn; mood swings; increased appetite; increased libido, increased watery discharge; fluttery movement type feelings in abdomen at different times. Experiencing nipple changes now, noticed it a few days ago. Never noticed the holes in my nipples before at all then the last few days. I've noticed they are very pronounced now and have quite a few white bumps on my nipples; and a few cluster-like bumps around the areola.
Could I be still be pregnant with negative hpts?
I just had a bby 2months ago had unprotected sex after my 40days was due for my period 3days ago took 3 pregnancy test all negative. Been having same symptoms I had when I was pregnant with my son. Could it just be that its still early?
Okay. im 18 never had a late period until this month. Now im going on day 6 of being late ive taken 2 home pregnancy tests (first responce) and both came up negative. Now the past month ive been experiencing the following, Swollen and tender breasts and nipples, mood swings, achy and tired all the time, my stomach outta no where feels uncomfortable to sleep on (im a stomach sleeper). Now Ive never experienced any of this besides the mood swings before And all my friends keep telling me im pregnant and i think i am too but the pregnancy tests say im not. what do i do cause i dont want to go to the dr and find out im not pregnant then have another bill to worry about.
I'm 2 wks late for my period I have being crying easily over nothing...throwing up when eat or over excited my breast are sore and the 1st of da month I had brown n pink discharge and it went away the next day...my period suppose to come on the 17th and today is the 30th and I used the bathrm today n had blood what should I do I took a pregnancy test early this month and it said I wasn't pregnant
Hey...jus wanted to say dnt feel wiers because here I am without a period for 6 months almost 7..my stomach is hard as a rock n point...I look like a pregnant women...I walk around having to say I am...and I've done evry single type of test..blood..home..ultra sound...and nothing...
I don't know what going on, I had my last period on the 29April and its July already! I have done 5HPT and its all negative! I have all the symptoms off pregnancy but the test say no, please, please help me!!!
Sometimes the "cramping" that occurs can be due to implantation of the fertilized egg in the uterus... It's not always menstrual cramping...
Hi I had the coil taken out over a mouth ago I'm 3 days late and. Have been being sick got sore breast but. Had negtive preg result on 3 tests could i be pregnant please help
I am 13 days late for my period. I had sex july 10th my last period was june 22nd. I bled on aug 10th to the 14th but it was way different then normal bleeding. I want to know if there is a chance that I could be pregnant? I took 6 tests and all neg. The last one I took was yesterday. I am always on time never late so this is really odd. Please help.
Hi, I'm 7dys late, I had my period last month, and decided to try for a baby this month, so worked out when I was ment to ovulate, which I'm sure I did as I spotted for 2 dys on the ovulation dys, which I read were secondry ovulation. I had sex just before and after anyway, I was due on last tues and no show, I had all period signs a wk before o was due, as I usually do.. but nothing. I am feeling slightly sick threw out the dy, and sleep early... have done hpts all neg, though on one ive seen the faint line.... someone please help. Please.
This is my 2nd month of no cycle today in experiencing cramps up high and light headed! I'm always sleepy so it's hard to tell about that symptom I'm lightly nauseas and have taken 2 tests and both have been negative...is this normal with pregnancy?
I was wondering the doctor has done a ultra sound and it shows I'm 28 weeks and I'm having a girl I can't get pregnancy test blood or urine to show up does anyone know whY that could be .
I have been on da injection but I have nt been on it for two months I hav had unprotected sex with my partner I have pregnancy symptom like experiencing lower stomach n back pain,keep going to restroom to pee, headache, stomach feeling strange. Feelin tired and dizzy n sick I have took four test different ones and they have all cme bk negative I dnt have periods so I dnt knw what should I do
I'm three days late on my cycle and I'm worried because I'm never late on it so could be pregnant...
I'm 42 yrs old, I have 2 grown children 22 & 29. I've NEVER missed a cycle even when I was pregnant with my 2 kids, I had a cycle for 3 mths each with them. But now I haven't had a cycle since the first week of November. I have symptoms. Could I be pregnant?
I have a very regular period..every 27/28 days. My husband and I just started trying last month to get pregnant. Right now I am 1 day late however, about 5 days ago i started feeling crampy...the cramps felt like my uterus was contracting or pulling and sometimes there were sharp pains coming from my ovaries. I have experienced some mild nausea. It feels like tge puke is just sitting there occasionally it makes me gag. All day today the pain in my ovaries/uterus has went away there is a slight bit od discomfort but nothing like it was. My lower back has started hurting now..kinda sharp dull pain. I still kinda have the blah feing as far as nausea still have never thrown up. I have not been very hungry lately either and ive had off and on mild headaches. I took a pregnancy test this morning and the test came back negative. I just dont feel myself. Any feedback would be appreciated...i have never been pregnant nor have i ever had a pregnancy scare.