Pre-*** and pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pre-*** and pregnancy

I have been on here before asking about this same thing but I just read nalla's post on a question. Chances of getting pregnant from the pull-out method are very slim, right? I'm just asking because Nalla was saying you can definitely get pregnant. Me and my husband have been using the pull-out method and then putting on a condom to finish. The last time we had sex he said that he came close to going because I was going. I probably have nothing to worry about, right? We usually aren't this clumsy about putting on a condom, I think that we are just getting a little to relaxed about the whole thing.
There is aproximatley a 80% sucsees rate of not getting pregnant with the pull out method according to reaserchers. I would agree. I am on baby #2 with this method:) Me and bf are very happy to have my son and this one coming, but niether one were planned! Just wonderful surprises. Needless to say, he is getting a vasectomy next month:)

Well i have 2 babies that were conceived on the pull-out method!Maybe I am just fertile as ever.. or he is!
It's not as slim as you might be thinking.  The pull out method has a success rate of ~85%.  This is only the next best thing to actually trying to get pg.
When we had my son it was on the first try and we really were trying that hard. I think that me or him must be pretty fertile too. Or just lucky on timing.
i'm pregneant now from the pull out method
Do you think that I might have something to worry about here then?
It all depends on your DH.  If you're definitely pulling out way before finishing, and putting on a condom to finish, then you're probably fine.  The failure rate of this method is because guys fail to pull out before they *** a little - because they can't really feel it and are caught up in the moment.
The problem with pre-*** containing sperm is when a man has ejaculated and then has intercourse again before urinating.  There are still sperm from the first ejaculation in his urethra and leak out with the precum.  If he has urinated since his last ejaculation, then precum isn't really an issue.
if you don't want a child for another two years, then yes, I agree that you will need to be a bit more careful.  buy yourself a basal body thermometer, go to the library and borrow 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility'. you will become incredibly aware of whats going on with your monthly cycle, and it will eliminate a great deal of these anxieties (worries) you are having.
If he said he went a little, then he means the real deal.  They can't feel precum at all.

What day are you in your cycle?  That can help determine your chances, as well.
My cycle has been screwy after having my son a year ago. It looks like for the past 3 periods, that I have about a 50 day cycle. My last period started on Oct. 17th. So I'm on day 21 of my cycle.
Well, with such long cycles you're probably not ovulating until way late (~day 30-35).  You're probably not near ovulation yet.  Have you been having any signs of ovulation, like EWCM?
I noticed yesterday a lot of creamy mucus. When your ovulating it's clear and sticky, right?
Creamy is right before fertile time and right after.  I think you're fine.  Yes, during fertile time is stretchy clear mucus, like eggwhites.

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about but you can take a hpt 2 weeks after this "incident", if you need to help put your mind at ease.
Thanks:) I feel so much better. We need to start be more careful. We want to wait 2 more years before having another one.
The last time we had sex he said that he was close to going because I was going and he was caught up it the moment. We only had sex that day once. But after he was all concerned because he was scared that he may have went a little. I'm not sure if he meant pre-*** or actually went a little. I didn't want to freak him out even more. I thought the chances of getting pregnant by doing this are very rare. Now I'm a little concerned.
Hi, I have a few questions.  My girlfriend and I had sex about a week ago for about three or four minutes, without a condom.  I was never close to a climax or ejaculation before we stopped.  It was our first time having sex that day and I had urinated atleast 5 or 6 times that day before intercourse.  She is on the pill but has been on antibiotics (amoxicillin) for about 2 weeks.  How safe do you think we are in regards to pregnancy?  Thanks,  Mike
You are fine. The chances of your girlfriend getting preg. I would say would be a miracle. You didn't even ejaculate in her and she is on the pill. Their are just way to many things stopping her from getting pregnant in my opinion. It would be different if she was on the pill and taking antibiotics and you went in her. I wouldn't worry to much about it.
thanks kruss, i feel much better.
anyone elses thoughts?
hey i'm on the pill and i was late taking it (but within the 12 hour window) on the day my boyfriend and i wanted to have sex. so he pulled out and decided to go grab a condom as well before finishing. he didnt *** but there was probably pre-***. he also didnt go all the way in - im pretty sure we both agreed that he didnt. i am wondering what the chances are of me being pregnant? it was 3 weeks ago (maybe longer) and im still paranoid. i wanna take a test but im staying with his family and they are strict catholics who would disown him if i was pregnant (or knew we had sex). im terrified. im also in the USA (im from england) so i have no help from my family if i needed an abortion. i got especially scared as tonight (even though i have a week left of  pills - im planning on having a period because i skipped it last month) i had some slight spotting of blood in my underwear and i had just read of implantation bleeds. please give me some advice. i dont know what to do and dont want to scare my boyfriend. thanks.
Me to I got pregnant on the pull out, but I guess he didn't pull out quick enough. How many months are you?
do you think that the condom we used after (which had spermicidal lubricant) would have killed any sperm at the entrance of my vagina? if I am pregnant then it only just implanted i think. I know it sounds terrible, but I'm gonna have to get an abortion if it's true. but I cant do it til I get home in about 4 weeks... I can't believe this is happening. We have always been the most careful couple. I'm on the pill and he wears a condom. It would be just my luck if the pill failed when he didn't even *** in me. I'm so scared.
my girlfriend and i just had sex recently and it was our first time. We've done it without a condom, and before we've done it, i already had ejaculated (due to masturbation) and i took a leak. What are my chances of her getting pregnant? even if i pre-ejaculated. Is there anything i should do about it to help prevent it? or is it to late?
Hi I'm Aimee,
my husband and i are trying so hard to have a baby. I had my LMP on July 10th, it is now Aug 7th...I haven't missed my period yet,  but i noticed i have been wanting (but now have been) to eat everything in sight!! my boobs seem to be getting larger, and i keep gaining weight, but i haven't changed my diet at all, infact i have been watching a little closer to what i eat. I noticed cremy white discharge lately, and my stomach is bloated and i have ben gasy, and all i want to do is sleep! could i be pregnant? i know it is too early to test i am sure.
i had sex while being on an antibiotic called cephalexin and well we didnt use a condom but he didnt come in me..he did precum of course and im scared now that i could be preg..we had sex twice that day.and i dont think he peed in between so im really scared..any advice? i took a preg test 2 wks after the sit. and well it said neg and iwas on my period at the time of taking the test..im so confused!!
and i forgot to say i am on the pill! i have been on it for almost 4 yrs
i am really scared..ive been with my bf for almost 3 years. im not on birth control and we havent gotten pregnant yet..he allways cums in me..we broke up fpr two weeks and i found out i was preganant a month after that. i was intimate with him all during our break up but also on other guy on one night. He did not finish and i was uncomfotable so i made him stop...what are the chances do u think of it being the other guys
help.
what is my chance of peing preg. i started my period on oct.1st and stoped on the 3rd. my boyfriend and i had sex on the 4th and i cam and he said he almost did . what do u think my chances are of getting preg?
hi, im diana and i have two babies one of them is 1 yrars old and the other is 3. im 20 years old and i have a problem that i thnk that i might be pregnat for the third time.my question is that can i get pregnant by pre ***? becouse me and my ex boyfriend i mean my kids father in which we are not togther cuz he made his life with someone else, but we still seeing each other. Im not on any brithcontrol but when me and him have sex he dosent *** ,he cums out right before he bust. that was like two weeks ago and now im having symptoms like vomiting dizzyness, mood swings ,and lots of smell sences and  then i throw up. can it be posible can some one help me please A.S.A.P
you can get pregnant from pre ***
precum is the same as regular ***, it's just excreted before he actually has an orgasm, but it's essentially the same exact "stuff" and YES it CAN get you pregnant. I MUST ask why in the world would you risk this with someone who is not yours? Not kool, move on....   =)
Pre-*** cannot make you pregnant unless the man had ejaculated beforehand and had not urinated afterwards. Urine kills sperm. Pre-*** is just a fluid to clean the penis before ejaculation. The only way it could lead to pregnancy is if the pre-cumhad sperm in it from a pervious ejaculation.
okay so me and my bf are both virgins and we did it for the FIRST time today ....im not on bc    but today he had already ejaculated from an earlier forplay and he didnt go to the bathroom...later on we got foolin around and he stuck it in .....basically to see if it would fit and it was only in for like 2-3 mins     and im rly scared he precame and i kno you can get prego from it...after the 2 mins we stopped and he got a condom.......what are the chances of gettin prego....i need some reassurance!!!
ok, so about a week ago, me and my bf were fooling around. so i gave him a ******* and he had pre-*** on his penis. he then rubbed his **** a little. he never ejaculated, and he urinated before we started screwing around. after that he waited a couple mins and then fingered me. i asked him about it and he said he's 100% sure that his fingers were completely dry and that they were never wet with pre-***. What are the odds that im pregnant?