Precum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Precum

My boyfriend and i were fooling around the other day and I felt some precum on his penis. He then held that hand, which had touched this, while I kisses him. I had been going down on him, so some may have been in my mouth. After five or so minutes of kissing, he started to finger me and went down on me as well. I know for a fact he hadn't ejaculated in about a week and he had urinated an hour before. Also, my period is very unstable, occurring only every 52 days and sometimes weeks of spotting in-between. I know that all of these factors make pregnancy highly unlikely but I have terrible anxiety and I have stopped eating and sleeping the past two days worrying about this. Any logic to back up the low risk here would be so greatly appreciated.
Well first I would try and relax a little bit because the worry, stress, and anxiety can delay your period even more.  I know, easier said than done :)
Anyway, it's going to be pretty hard to try and calculate period dates and ovulation, etc. with the way your cycle is.  When was your last period?
As you describe it, it sounds like it was more than a few minutes before the precum on his hand came in contact with your vagina and that's good, because basically as the precum had died once it hit the air.
I would say there is very low risk for pregnancy.  So I would not worry.  As it gets closer to your due date for your period (whenever that may be) I would take a pregnancy test.
Good luck and let us know how it goes :)
Well my last period was kinda weird. It was about the second week of may but it was really thick darkened mucus like blood and it was very light. The same thing happened to me over spring break when I took the antibiotics for bronchitis. I had a normal period two months ago, tho. I have real problems with depression and anxiety and I read up on med health about polycystic ovary syndrome ( probably misspelled that) and it seems like I may have it... Idk tho. Im way to shy to talk to my doctor about it.
At this point I just really need ccomforting.
I'm seriously lost here. I have to admit suicide is a very prevalent option. I just can't go get a pregnancy test, I don't know how I could do that. I'm only 17 and I made a promise to myself that I would never make myself worry about stuff like this! Can someone please tell me it's not possible, that everything is fine? I'm so alone
hi, can u talk 2 your bf or a close friend...?... huni suicide isnt an option .everything will b ok even to say if u was pregnant planned or not i fell pregnant at 15 and had my daughter at 16 i was all alone so i know how u would feel but shes made my life worth living. i know your scared and shy bout buying a pregnancy kit when i get them i go to the pharmacy bit in your local supermarket that way know1 will really see or play attention even if they did know1 really plays attention or will judge u! just a word of advice if u have intercourse then use a condom, but if its been a lil bit since it was on his hand then u should b fine hun....if your worried bout this in future leave it a bit longer to he touches u or mess around for abit that way his hands have touched other partsof your body and the sheets ....gd luck :) x
Hello again :)

I am very glad you are voicing your worries and fears here about a possible pregnancy.  Like the above posted said though, suicide is NOT an option.  There are many different options when it comes to pregnancy such as adoption, etc., IF you are even pregnant.  I really do think there is a very slim chance though.  Believe you me, nobody is going to pay any attention to you buying a pregnancy test.  Just grab it and go :)  It will ease your mind and give you one less thing to worry about!  Is there anybody you can talk to about this as in your boyfriend or a girlfriend you trust?  Teacher, school counselor?  Of course you can "talk" us too but I think it would be good to have some support in person though as well.
You're both right, I read up on this a lot and it seems like it is very very unlikely. My bf said there was plenty of time and he wouldn't let anything like that happen to me. We're both virgins is all, and we're very careful... I didn't wanna mess this up. I just have terrible anxiety and that's why it's hard for me 2 move on. I went to randalls to get a pregnancy test but they were in a locked glass display box... Well, you have to wait q bit to take those tests anyways. I'll figure something out. Thank you for your kindness
But any comforting comments would still be greatly appreciated -.-'
Hi there.  I'm sorry your feeling so distressed.  The idea of an unwanted pregnancy, especially so young, must be very hard on you.

Honey, there is almost no chance you are pregnant.  People try every month, timing things to have intercourse right around their ovulation time and still don't get pregnant.  Even for them chances every month they will get pregnant are only something like 35%.

In order for you to be pregnant, sperm would have had to enter your body near ovulation time.  So the fact that it was on your hand, transferred to his a few minutes later, then inserted...almost no chance.  It doesn't survive very long in the air.like that.  

I guess no one can say impossible, but this scenario resulting in pregnancy is as close to impossible as you can get.  I know it's easy for me to say not to let this cause you anxiety because I am not the one in your shoes.  But honestly, I seriously seriously doubt you have anything to worry about.  

A pregnancy test can be taken about 2 weeks after the incident.  It is pretty accurate by then.  You really will feel so much better when you take one.

Take good care, and no more thoughts of suicide ok? Your 17 and sound like a pretty great girl.  I bet you have a fabulous future ahead of you!  If you really are feeling that way, make sure you talk to someone ok?  We all have depressive thoughts and anxiety sometimes, and there is no shame in reaching out to someone to talk it through.  Always helps me!!
So on th taking a pregnancy test thing... Like ANewLife4Me said, this is gonna b difficult to calculate... I know I had a normal one in April ish but then the second week of May I had spotting for a week and idk if that counts.  My period is usually every 50 ish days but with how much I stressed out- no kidding I starved myself till I saw my bf again- I think it's gonna b delayed anyways. When should I take it? Or do I even worry about taking it at this point?
Oh and I know that spotting for a week can b a sign of pregnancy but I assure you at the time that was not a possibility
Hi Viki :)

Starving yourself can also throw your period off and really wreak havoc on your body, so please, do not do that :)  Hard to say when you should test.  You originally posted this question on the 13th and said "the other day", so I'd take it to mean that this occurred about a week ago?  You could try and test now, and maybe again a week from now.  
Lol it was literally the other day, two days before
Sorry for bein kinda vague :) I probably shoulda just said yesterday
If your not sure about when your period is due, take the pregnancy test about 14 days after the incident.  Use it with your first morning urine, and maybe think about getting a more sensitive brand such as First Response.  Do stay away from blue dye tests..they have a bad habit of developing what are called phantom lines, so it can look positive when it's negative.  The pink dye tests are much better.  

But honestly, I really really don't think you have a thing to worry about with this.
Thanks for all the help, you are all wonderful. I talked to my boyfriend about it and he was so upset about how upset I was that he took off work to just be with me for a day and talk it out. We're sticking to cuddling from now on and he's happy with that. I'm so blessed to have him. Thank you all.
I started my period today!!! :D!!!!!
XD I have never been this ecstatic at blood gushing from my body... Win XD
your not pregnant. the sperm died once it hit the air honey. and your saliva is acidic enough to eat through metal given enough time is was waaaaay dead once it hit your mouth. don't trip potato chip your fine.
Hey Hun!  That is GREAT news that you started!!!!  I am so happy for you.  I am also glad your BF took time off of work to be with you.  What a sweet guy :)  I hope you stick around here and join some other forums, I think you'll really like it here.  
Sperm do NOT die once hitting air. This is NOT correct. Otherwise, how would semen analysis tests take place?
I'm actually kinda nervous about this again... Like I said I hot my period on time an all and I don't think it was spotting because it lasted 7 days and was really thick but it was a lot thicker than usual, like scabby kinda... Think I worried myself sick? Is this normal? This has only happened once before, when I was on harsh antibiotics for bronchitis...
Can someone please talk to me? Medical advice is so iffy lately. In my book it said if your period was altered you might still be pregnant, but it also said that irregular periods in teenagers, especially under high cases of stress, is normal! Iv had no morning sickness or aversion to foods. Iv had no cravings. I do feel bloated and guilty, but that's gotta be my anxiety... Any help would be so appreciated! Please