Pregnant and dull pain on right side

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Pregnant and dull pain on right side

I recently found out I was pregnant.  According to my period I was five weeks when I went to the doctor.  The doctor didn't see anything yet but reported a luteal cyst on my right ovary.  She sent me for blood work to get my HCG level and then again 48 hours later.  My levels started at 158 and then doubled.  I'm now feeling a dull pain on my right side.  Could this be from the luteal cyst and should I be concerned?  I'm extremely anxious.  This is my first pregnancy. Thank you in advance for responding.
Thank you. I'll try that.
I had that dull pain too when I was pregnant (each time). I was really freaked out... BUT it turned out that the pain was my cyst from the ovary that relased the egg... Corpus Luteum (sp?) anyway, the doctor said that the dull ache is because it is now a fluid filled cyst pumping out progesterone to sustain the pregnancy until the placenta takes over (around 12 weeks) Sounds normal to me.

Ask for an U/S anyway to be sure.

Ever try going to www.fertilityfriend.com they have GREAT message boards and a really fun interative site!
I honestly think it is from the cyst hun!!! REALLY. You already know the baby is not in the tube and that is the only other reason you'd have an ache... would be a possible tubal preg. It is from the cyst. Try not to worry, you'll have the rest of the baby's life to worry now... It starts early huh? Think when he/she born.. how the worry will grow... You'll be fine!
Jess549 Confused Comment
Paxiled commented on  Weight Loss Drinks ...
specialmom commented on realjimmy's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals