Proliferative Endometrium

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Proliferative Endometrium

Hi, my gyn suspected ployps and had a videoscope but the result came back as Proliferative Endometrium. What does that mean ?There is no ployps but something white was seen during a normal scan and she mentioned it is within the muscle just above womb. Operation is not recommended, but I do not understand why.I was not prepared to ask any questions (still in a blur) and she reassured me it is ok for now.

I have irregular periods since 14 (approx. 3-4 months once). She gave me Clomid 50mg as I am planning to get pregnant. I understasnd Clomid can also be used to regulate period, do I take Clomid even when I do not M or do I take when my next cycle comes (my last was in Nov) which meanw my next is in Feb / March.

My question is what is Proliferative Endometrium and the consequence of the operation to remove the white spots if it is in the muscle ? How would it affect my health or chance of getting pregnant. Or if it is not removed, would it affect my pregnancy ?

Thank you
Xin
I hope you would ask those soo important questions to you doctor I have made the mastake in the past of not asking enough question dont let your self worrie ask them to your doctor right away and take care of your self I just had a baby and it cant get any better  than a wounderful baby!! Good luck.
Thanks Annuahs, first CONGRATS on your new joy. I have many nieces & nephews and have always enjoyed being with them.I am waiting to have my own. My next appt is 6 months later, anyway I am planning to see a second gyn on my condition.
i had my endometrial biopsy last feb 24 because the ob found a polyp im my uterus and i also have a thick endometrial lining..the result is proliferative endometrium..do i need to have it remove im kinda worried...thanks
Shannon79, and Des_a_rae commented on Belle313's status
Shannon79, and TinaR10 commented on veronica0808's status
Des_a_rae commented on Losing Gabe. :(
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals