Proliferative Endometrium

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Proliferative Endometrium

Hi, my gyn suspected ployps and had a videoscope but the result came back as Proliferative Endometrium. What does that mean ?There is no ployps but something white was seen during a normal scan and she mentioned it is within the muscle just above womb. Operation is not recommended, but I do not understand why.I was not prepared to ask any questions (still in a blur) and she reassured me it is ok for now.

I have irregular periods since 14 (approx. 3-4 months once). She gave me Clomid 50mg as I am planning to get pregnant. I understasnd Clomid can also be used to regulate period, do I take Clomid even when I do not M or do I take when my next cycle comes (my last was in Nov) which meanw my next is in Feb / March.

My question is what is Proliferative Endometrium and the consequence of the operation to remove the white spots if it is in the muscle ? How would it affect my health or chance of getting pregnant. Or if it is not removed, would it affect my pregnancy ?

Thank you
Xin
I hope you would ask those soo important questions to you doctor I have made the mastake in the past of not asking enough question dont let your self worrie ask them to your doctor right away and take care of your self I just had a baby and it cant get any better  than a wounderful baby!! Good luck.
Thanks Annuahs, first CONGRATS on your new joy. I have many nieces & nephews and have always enjoyed being with them.I am waiting to have my own. My next appt is 6 months later, anyway I am planning to see a second gyn on my condition.
i had my endometrial biopsy last feb 24 because the ob found a polyp im my uterus and i also have a thick endometrial lining..the result is proliferative endometrium..do i need to have it remove im kinda worried...thanks