Question about labia minora
Hi! My labia minora has been abnormally large for about the past year or so. I have heard that they get big because of masturbation (yes, I'm guilty as charged). My question is: does anyone think that in the time of about 8 years o so, would it be possible for my labia minora to be smaller (any smaller), if i dont masturbate whatsoever? PLEASE HELP! ITS EMBARASSING!
It would be totally a coincidence.  The labia do get larger as you go along in life, and some doctors have decided to capitalize on women's tendency to be hyper-suggestible about their appearance and suggest things like surgery to reduce labia size, so the concept of labia being "too large" is floating around out there in the popular culture a little bit.  It is normal for labia to be rather large!  I really doubt anything about masturbation could cause it.  (You'd have to have quite some esoteric technique to add any muscle mass to those soft lips!)  And men DO NOT care ... believe me, if they are in the happy position of looking in person at labia minorae, the absolute last thing on their mind is that they should be getting out their measuring tools.  When you hit your sixties or seventies, they will ensmallen somewhat, and then you can write to this forum and bemoan your senile genitalia. :) Just think of them as luscious rose petals.
thank you for a common sense, realistic explanation..with all the advertising/propaganda we are bombarded with on a daily basis, it is a wonder we are not all mad..media makes us think there is something wrong with us.
After I wrote this and sent it, I checked with my husband (for the male point of view), "Would there ever be a situation in which a guy would think labia minorae are 'too big'?" and he laughed and laughed and said "It would NEVER cross their mind in a million years."  Apparently all labia are good labia, to our men. :)  The really bad thing about these doctors pushing surgery is not only does it make women feel insecure about how they look, but it is apparently very painful and can have bad complications.  How outrageous!  On a practical note, if I'm going to be wearing jeans that are a little tight, I'll sometimes wear a minipad just to protect the soft lips, but that's pretty much all that is needed to take care of this petally part of the body.
I was not sure if the pain during sex came from lack of lubrication o big labia, so I started looking at big labia pictures to compare but still i wasn't too sure if mine were big. But by the end of your last comment i remembered that i also do that, I ALWAYS use minipads, because if i dont it hurts all day, and they get pulled and "strangled".
with by boyfriend we have tried using lube, but it still hurts (and it doesn't reallly help at all), so im guessing its my labia's fault. Is there anything (other than surgery) i can do about it ???
Okay i have the same problem and find it to be pretty arousing.  It is very sensitive and when it hangs out and rubs on my underwear, it feels great.  My husband has never complained and also states he finds it very attractive.  A little extra to play with!  i had never really thought about it until I saw a  plastic surgery show and someone was getting theirs reduced.  WHY?  I believe that some docs are just playing on our insecurties.  Enjoy what you have and do not be ashamed!
Is it normal to have a growing right labia minora with tiny lumps in it?
Hi, I know everyone speeks about their on labia minora being too big. My on labia minora is big as well but it is also much darker and the part that "stics out" is a little blue or gray. Is it normal that at the top of the labia it gets darker and it almost feels like it's starting to rotten. Please help!
Thank you so much for your reassurence, I had so many doubts and insecurities about my labia size, and compaired it to pics on the internet, and heard stuff sbout surgery... but once i read your comments i felt so much better, you made my day!
I'm 16 and what you described is EXACTLY how mine is. Only both my labia minora and labia majora are that way. They're almost numb-like. Like skin on an elbow-I couldn't feel pain in the skin. I have never been sexually active, no boy has ever been down there. But I'm really self concious about it and scared that it could be cancerous. Someone please help.
Hun, you are normal. There is nothing wrong with you. Your don't have a disease, you are not abnormal, you don't have a problem. Your labia do not grow due to sexual activity, whether that is sex or masturbation. However, they do grow from about 1 year before puberty and a few years afterwards - which is the time most girls start masturbating. It is purely coincidence.

No two labia look the same. Our labia can have different textures (smooth, or bumpy), different edges (smooth or jagged), different colors (purple, pink, brown, black, nude, etc.), different sizes (3/4-4 inches), and all around look different. One side of the labia minora may be far larger than the other side, this is normal. Most labia are not identical. Heck, some women only have a labia minora on one side.They are ALL beautiful and unique.

The answer is learning to love what you have and realizing it is not only normal but common. This is not a problem. It is normal. Look at tumblr's 'Large Labia Project' to see some of the variation that exists in labia - don't worry if you don't see a similar one, like I said, no two labia are the same. In survey's, men either like a long labia, or don't care.

Porn has RUINED what women think their labia should look like. Pornstars get their labia cut off and bleached. It is NOT an accurate depiction. If you look at porn from 10-15 years ago, they all had normal labia, ranging is size, color, and texture. In fact, the majority had labia that was 2+ inches.