Redness and irritation around vulva
I've had what I think is a rash for almost 2 weeks. It's not sore, but it feels almost like the hairs down there are being pulled. The skin between my buttocks and around my vulva is red, but not painful to touch.

I have HSV-1 and at first thought this was an outbreak so I took Valtrex twice a day for about a week but it didn't help. I don't think it's herpes anymore so I've started putting Kenacomb and Pawpaw Ointment on there instead.

Is there anything else I can/should be doing?
How are you? Do you still have the symptoms that you mentioned? Aside from infection or irritation, this could also be due to folliculitis and skin issues such as dermatitis. Try to avoid any ointment at to prevent further irritation. If it  persists, it is best that you have this checked by your gynecologist for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.