Reoccuring Ovarian cysts
Hi My name is Tonya.I am 27.I have had ovarian cysts since I was 16.I had the first one removed then.I had more over the years.I had more removed at 19 through laproscopy.I had another one at 24 to remove them.I had the last one 12-23-05.I started hurting again 3 days after surgery.I ended up at the ER for pelvic pain on 01-11-06.They did test and found that I had a 4cm on the left ovary and a 2cm on hte right ovary.I have tried BC over the years.None of which have worked.I don't know what else I can try.I suggested the removal of the ovaries to my Dr.Everyone I hear from says not to go through with that.I had an appt today with my OB.He said he doesn't like to do hysterectomy on someone so young,but he understands that I am in pain.I can't handle this anymore.Right before my surgery I had an ultrasound that showed 6 cysts the largest being right at 6cm..My question is,is there anything else i can try before the hysterectomy? I have low pelvic pain on both sides.Is there anything else that could be causing such pain in the pelvic area? My bowels are fine I have been to a Gasteroenterlogist.He found Nothing..Any info would really help me out.Thank You ....Tonya
My mother had that real severe also. When she was younger, she became ill beacause of hers. The size of her cist was of a grapefruit, so thats pretty large. They went in and removed it. She hasn't had any problems until mutch later in life where she did end up having everything removed. But by that age she was more than willing to go thru it just to get over her menstrul cycles. It doesn't hurt to get more than one oppion from a doctor. Check into having them removed with laser removal verses the other. For some reason, the results are mutch better. At least it was for me. I have had no reoccurance.
Tonya,

Cysts DO cause pain.  Any doctor that says that doesn't have enough experience with this type of problem.  Find a doctor that will listen to you without thinking it's "girls being oversensative".  Ovaries are the size of walnuts, if there is a 1 cm cyst it puts pressure on the other organs in your body causing pressure and pain.  Keep pushing.
Penny,Thanks for the info..I have 2 kids and had my tubes tied so I cant have anymore.I have tried so many BC methods that I cant even count them.Ovary removal was my idea.I just want them out cause the trouble they cause.But I wanted to know if it is possible for it to be something else.My Dr swears that ovarian cysts do NOT cause pain..
The Dr. said they do not cause pain???  That is crazy.  I went to the ER I was in so much pain one time.  One of my cysts had burst.  It was horrible pain.  

Tonya,

I'm 25 and have the same problems.  I've been diagnosed with endometriosis, chronic cyst and cyst rupture, and chronic pain syndrome.  First off...This is NOT in your head.  I've seen many doctors, the first wanted to do the hyst right away, I was 22.  I then moved and found a fantastic doctor.  There are many options that you can take.  There bc like Estren Lo, that have great results with women with cyst problems, you can also go the Depo Prevara route.  This stops your cycle (no bleeding).  No eggs are released so no cyst forms.  I'm not saying this is a quick fix, but it's an option.  There is also Depot Lupron, chemical treatment as a last resort. I have done this too.  Puts your body into metapause.  It's basically my last resort if I want to have kids.  My cysts rupture and cause damage to my ovaries.  The last cyst I had removed was the size of a voleyball.  I actually lost 3 inches in my waist after it was removed.  If you really cannot stand it and you have had children that you want, a hyst is an option.  I'm looking at having my ovaries removed but keeping my uterus.  See another doctor!  Keep looking until you find a good one.  They are out there!  Good Luck
It's possible that you may haven endometriosis.(uterine lining growing outside of the uterus) Trouble with this little problem is that is doesn't show up on any test, screen or ultrasound.  It can only be found my surgery or a tremendous lab tech.  My ovaries are super sentative all the time because of my issues.  If I sit wrong I get sharp pains.  Funny how something so small can be such a problem.
Thank You Penny.I do know that I don't have that (endometerosis)He did a laproscopy(sp?) 3 wks ago.I have had 3 of those and everytime they tell me that at least I dont have that..I know when I was at the ER last wk I had a 4cm and it hurt like heck.Thats why I ended up in the ER...
Your welcome...good luck!