SHARP PAINS IN LOWER LEFT ABDOMEN

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

SHARP PAINS IN LOWER LEFT ABDOMEN

Hi. I am an 18 y/o female & I have been a little uneasy for awhile and have been trying to get answers. On Friday, I woke up to terrible cramps and I went to the restroom. Afterward, the pain didnt go away so I decided to take some tylenol. That did not help one bit. I also tried a heating pad but that did not help. So I decided to not think about it and on the next day, I woke up to pain in my lower left abdomen. It was not anything excruciating but it was annoying. It felt like sharp pains that would last for about 1 second and it would also switch sides. I assumed that it was gas and I took Tums but that didnt even help. So for the past 3 days, I have been experiencing this sharp 1 second pain in my lower left abdomen throughout the day and nothing seems to help it. I took Tylenol today and I think that may have helped a bit...not much though. I used to take Aleve but due to my PVCs (Premature Ventricular Contractions), I do not know if Aleve is something that I should take. What could these strange pains be? Is it ovulation? I am due for my period in the next 2 weeks but I have never experienced this before.
it could be a cyst on your ovary, something to do with your bowels or something completely different
you need to go to the docs who can do the right tests
So I went to the doctor yesterday and they ran some tests and said that I dont have any type of infection. They said if the pain persists, then to come back and they will do an ultrasound to look for cysts. They gave me ibuprofen and it seemed to have helped some. Im kind of nervous because I still feel this pain and I sort of doubt that its because of ovulation. Any other ideas what this could be?
most probably a cyst then