STD/Bladder Infection

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

STD/Bladder Infection

I went to the doctor last week and she told me I had a bladder infection. I am very paranoid about STDs. Can a bladder infection be a sign of an STD?
Avatar n tn
If you have a bladder infection, then that's what it is a BLADDER INFECTION.  If it was an std, she would suggest otherwise.  Bladder infections can mimmic std's.  But a doctor knows what they are talking about (usually.) Upon proper examination and tests she probably found bacteria in your urine that suggested a uti.  I'm sure she gave you an antibiotic.  Are you noticing relief?
Well to be honest I just got the scrib yesterday and didn't start taking it yet, I will tonight. I am addicted to Dr. Pepper. Seriously. She didn't check me for STD's though. I am just nervous. I had unprotected sex with ex-boyfriend (that transmitted Gonerria to me); I know I'm crazy.
if you do have an std, like chlamydia or ghonorea (Gonorrhea) and you are taking penicillin right now to treat the bladder infection, it would probably kill these std's as well.  but go get tested if you have reason to be worried.  if you do have one, there's no going back to change that, and it's better to know so you can get proper treatment.
If you have previously had an std that has been treated, can it be the reason for gettin alot of water infections/cystitus? Even thought the std is not there at the moment?
AnnieBrooke busy, busy, busy Comment
AnnieBrooke commented on Cindy's status
MH Community Mgr uploaded new photos
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals