Women's Health Community
STD/Bladder Infection
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

STD/Bladder Infection

I went to the doctor last week and she told me I had a bladder infection. I am very paranoid about STDs. Can a bladder infection be a sign of an STD?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If you have a bladder infection, then that's what it is a BLADDER INFECTION.  If it was an std, she would suggest otherwise.  Bladder infections can mimmic std's.  But a doctor knows what they are talking about (usually.) Upon proper examination and tests she probably found bacteria in your urine that suggested a uti.  I'm sure she gave you an antibiotic.  Are you noticing relief?
Blank
Well to be honest I just got the scrib yesterday and didn't start taking it yet, I will tonight. I am addicted to Dr. Pepper. Seriously. She didn't check me for STD's though. I am just nervous. I had unprotected sex with ex-boyfriend (that transmitted Gonerria to me); I know I'm crazy.
Blank
if you do have an std, like chlamydia or ghonorea (Gonorrhea) and you are taking penicillin right now to treat the bladder infection, it would probably kill these std's as well.  but go get tested if you have reason to be worried.  if you do have one, there's no going back to change that, and it's better to know so you can get proper treatment.
Blank
If you have previously had an std that has been treated, can it be the reason for gettin alot of water infections/cystitus? Even thought the std is not there at the moment?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...