Severe Pelvic Pain

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Severe Pelvic Pain

For the past year I have been having painful periods. Every month I would be in pain another day prior to my period so by the time a year came I was cramping 2 weeks prior to my period and the pain became very severe. I went to my gp and had an exam and pap smear and everything was normal. I also had a pelvic ultrasound which was also normal. (Which was all done in May) In June I seen an ob/gyn and was put on seasonique. Normally, after I have started my period, I will only cramp for a day or two afterwards but that day or two is very severe, it is as if it is labor pains. This last period (June) I never stopped having the severe cramps. They have only continued to worsen over the past three weeks. I have continued to have the labor like pains everyday, I also have a sharp, knife stabbing pain, that just takes my breathe away, and I feel a lot of pressure in my pelvic area. I also experience pain in my thighs and lower back. It is difficult for me to walk and move around much, I'm just miserable. My pelvic area has started to swell and is sore the last few days. I spoke with my ob/gyn and she said to go to the er. I seen a doctor the next day but she wouldn't comment on what she thought it could be, she just ordered a ct scan and said that I had blood in my urine, but very little. Is it possible that I have endo, adeno, or does anyone have similar symptoms? Has anyone heard of endo causing blood in the urine?
have u been properly evaluated for endometriosis or fibromyalgia. also check into interstitial cystitis
i've never had blood in my urine, but i struggled with severe cramps for years, going to my GYN, and ER.  I've crawled to the bath in the middle of the night to soak in boiling water until the midol can kick in, I've passed out on the toilet and my 8 yr old daughter called 911, i've hemorrhaged in a hospital bed for 2 solid days being pocked and prodded with everything they could fit in there, and a few things they couldn't!  and i've been sent home each time with no explanation as to what was going on.  come to find out, from my grandmother, i suffer from abdominal colic!  i have excessive and acute gas that likes to accompany my period, so now i take a beano with my midol!  
i don't think that's all that's going on with you, but it could be part of it.  it would be nice to relive some of the discomfort!
Good luck
Girl i had the same!!!! but they told me it was normal.. so they gave me Midol they told me to start taking 4 PILLS every 6 to 8 hours. so i did and it went away.. but man u can read my stuff on my page under my pms tracker. cuz i havnt had a period in 3months and all of a sudden i get this PAINFUL period... crazy right.. oooo plus u can get Birthcontrol pills to to calm it and regulate it. itll be alright.
msmccoy commented on Tired of Genital Burn...
2 mins ago
Des_a_rae commented on Saw the babies again ...
13 mins ago
Vency commented on Saw the babies again ...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals