Women's Health Community
Severely Distended Stomach
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

Severely Distended Stomach

I am a 25 female and for the past year I've had a severely distended stomach. It started when I was hospitalized with an illness and also around the time that kidney stones showed up on a CT scan (both sides). I also have gallstones.

The distension has never gone away in the past year, but has gotten worse in the past few months as kidney stone pain has gotten severe (mostly in lower back). I saw an urologist but he said the stones are too small to intervene.

A few months ago the pain was so bad that I went to the ER. I was having other symptoms such as severe chills and the feeling like I had to urinate when I didn't. They thought that I also had an UTI, so they put me on 10 days of an antibiotic. That seemed to take care of the symptoms such as the chills, but later I found out that I never had an UTI at all. Sometimes I still feel like I have to urinate when I don't or have just gone.

The lower back pain is still bad and my stomach is more distended than ever. Any suggestions?
Related Discussions
  • Kidney stone?
    I am 23 yrs old and have had many uti's before....for th...[more]
  • I need answers (1 replies):
    hi, i was wondering if you could tell me whats wrong wit...[more]
  • Kidney Stones (1 replies):
    Had horrible lower back pain and threw up a couple times...[more]
  • Cysts (1 replies):
    Last week I had pain on my left pelvis area and noticed ...[more]
  • Kidney Stones (2 replies):
    can kidney stones move in the body? Found an kidney ston...[more]
2 Comments Post a Comment
Have you ever had a scan for any kind of tumor?
I have had alot of your problems. I am 29 years old and for a while the docs didn't know what it was and going to the er was pointless cuz they thought i just wanted meds. but the pain was horrible so my primary care physician sent me to a urologist. since you have kidney stone problems i assume you have been to one so ask them bout Interstitial Cystitis (IC). I got a cystoscopy done and that is what they found. And if you look it up online you may be able to tell if your symptoms match. Hope this helped

Post a Comment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
13 hrs ago by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGDBlank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank