Sex after NovaSure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Sex after NovaSure

I'm probably going to have the NovaSure uterine
ablation procedure done {I hope I'm saying it correctly}. How long after the procedure will it be before I'm able to have sex? I have a new partner, and I realize it differs from woman to woman, but is there a waiting period? My new partner and I both want to know.
I had a novasure 2 weeks ago. Iam not bleeding at all, just a little discharge, I was wondering how long my husband and I would have to wait to have intercourse?
Your doctor can tell you, but I think its like 2 weeks.  Ask your doctor.  It can vary.  

They told me 2 weeks when I had mine.  
I had Novasure done on June 12th and I am still having a slight discharge and mild cramping. Anyone else have the same thing?
I had it done in November, you may have some discharge that might smell kind-of bad, the best way I can put it is the way my doc told me.  They are burning something, so it is going to smell burned.  Don't worry though, it wasn't as bad as the doc made it seem.  I ended up having to have my uterus out anyways because it didn't help me as well as normal people.  
The doc took only my uterus and left my cervix and tubes and everything, I know that when she took my uterus out that they had a hard time because it just feel to pieces due to the novasure I had done.  
I never had cramping after my novasure, but I really didn't hurt after my supercervial hysterectomy.  I am kind-of good with pain.  I hope that it works for you as some women never have periods after having it done, I did.  yuk.
I also had the Novasure done In early June and I am still having a slight discharge and mild cramping.  I have also had gone through two cycles since the Novasure.  I did call my doctor yesterday and they told me that if it did not stop in another week to give them a call back.  I just wanted you to know that you are not alone I am going through the same thing.... I hope it ends soon.........
now i'm scared, shoud i even have it? I bleed so much its runins my life for like a week every month & i hurt- but this sound just as bad???
The thing with the novasure procedure is that not all women stop having periods.  Most due, but not all.  Check on the internet and it states this.  It does slow your period.  My lining was almost twice as thick as a normal person.  I ended up 2 months after my novasure just getting my uterus out.  I advice that you do your homework before getting it done.
I had the Novasure procedure in July. I hurt kind of bad about 3 days after the procedure. My doctor did a Hysteroscopy,D&C and then the Nova sure. After a couple of weeks of discharge I haven't seen any sign of a period (I'm well over due for one). I read somewhere that if you have the procedure close to your cycle it works well (I was on your period when I had it done). i don't think I'll have any more periods since it's been over a month since I had one. You may want to find a doctor the does these three procedures because i think it it's better than just the Novasure
um actually i had the hysteroscopy and D&C before I had the novasure.  The novasure worked, but my periods were like a normal persons.  my linning was twice as thick as a normal persons.  I hope that you don't have a period because for the most part females won't.  i do know that when the doc finally took out my utuerus cause i had just my uterus removed 3 months after novasure, she said it took twice as long due to the novasure because my uterus was crumbling into small pieces.  Which happened when they started breaking into it.  
I had NovaSure done on Sept. 21st.  I felt great afterwards and only a little cramping.  Two days ago, my husband and I started to have sex and I can't even believe that the surgery didn't even cross my mind.  I know that sounds silly, but it hit me after a minute and we stopped.  I have my post-op appointment Monday and I am so scared I messed things up.  Even though I am not feeling any different, should I worry about infection or something worse?
I had a d&c and the novasure procedure 1 1/2 weeks ago.  I had minimal cramping that 600 mg of ibuprofen took care of.  I didn't need the additional Darvocet my doc prescribed.  I did experience very light bleeding for a two days which then turned into a watery/greenish discharge.  Sometimes it smells a little "gaseous" to me.  (Per Laura1977 comment, it probably is a "burned" smell).  I end up going to the bathroom and changing my pad/liner.  I don't have a fever, so I don't think I have an infection.  I have my follow-up in a couple of days.  I know that my doc told me that I may be having a discharge for 2-6 weeks.  Has anyone experienced a longer time?  Any odors?

i had novasure done 16/11/07 i feel dreadfull took another week off work although no period the discharge and the cramps are as bad i have not got a follow up app just told if symptoms re occure contact gp to be re referred
i had novasure dec 18 07 had 18 days of anything from discharge to slimy period like stuff and am now suffering from having had a very heavy seven day period like the ones that novasure is supposed to cure. I have been raggin for an entire month now and am getting worried that the procedure is not working on me. I am hoping that the scar tissue needs more time to build up . I am getting leg cramps and head aches.  Any one who has had same recovery would love to hear some encouraging words. still recovering...
I had novasure on 12/3/07 , last time I saw my period was on 11/28/07, everythig is doing fine the only concern I have is after the surgery I experiences  lot of drynees on my and I have two episode of yeast infection, I would like if is relate to the surgery
  I HAD MY SURGERY DONE NOV.16,2008 10:30 A.M.SO FAR I AM DOING ALRIGHT. I HAD SOME VERY LIGHT BLEEDING AFTERWARDS ONLY WHEN I HAD TO PEE,BUT ONLY FOR TWO DAYS. I'VE HAD A MUCUSY CLEAR DISCHARGE SINCE THEN. MY DOCTOR ASSURES ME THAT EVERYTHING WILL BE JUST FINE. AFTER READING WHAT SOME OF YOU HAD TO SAY ABOUT IT IS KIND OF SCARY.I KNOW IT'S TO SOON TO TELL BUT SO FAR SO GOOD. I HAVEN'T HAD ANY PAIN NOR CRAMPS AT ALL EXCEPT WHEN I FIRST COME TO AFTER SURGERY AND THAT WAS BRIEF. I JUST SEE THAT IT AFFECTS EVERYONE DIFFERENTLY. FOR THE LADY THAT DID'NT GET A FOLLOW-UP APPOINTMENT MAY NEED TO GET ONE WITH ANOTHER DOCTOR SOON. O.K  THANKS TO ALL YOU LADIES WHO POSTED ALL THIS TO LET OTHERS KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT IF THEY WANT TO RESEARCH FIRST.                                            
I had my procedure May 1st,2008-- No periods since but sex is uncomfortable, is this temporary? Normal?
I had my procedure 5 days ago. I'm still bleeding (don't know if it's my regular period, or bleeding from the procedure.  I've been cramping pretty bad everyday since.  My doctor told me not to have sex for 4 weeks, also, no tampons or ******.
I had my procedure done in Oct. 2007.  It was the best thing to ever happen to my body.  I didn't have a period for 8 months.  And when I did get my period.  It lasted 1/2 day ( light spotting).  I didn't even need to use a tampon.  Just a panty liner.  It was the same the next month.  This is amazing relief from what was happening less than a year ago.  I had excessive uterine bleeding with my period every month.  My periods would last about 7-10 days.  The first four days were extremely heavy.  I would have to use a super plus tampon backed up by an overnight pad and I was soaking them every 1 1/2 -2 hours.  I was getting extreme cramping.  I was miserable and so was my family.  They to had to deal with my side affects.  I am so glad I made the decision to have Novasure done.  I know the outcome might not be the same for everyone, but it did wonders for me.  Recovery time for me was no more than a few days.
I had this procedure done.......and it did help.  I did continue to have periods that lasted two weeks, although they weren't much of anything.  But, ended up having a hysterectomy two years later.  I had no trouble with my hyster. and haven't had any trouble since.  Good luck!
I had hysteroscopy and D&C 5 weeks ago and then had Novasure done on 8/19 because of somewhat heavy bleeding and 10 day periods and also bleading in between periods. I just got over my period one week prior to procedure and I know its only been couple of days but everything is fine. Had really bad cramps like I was in labor the first day and took prescription pain meds and slept most of the day, but next day didn't feel hardly anything. A little brownish discharge  that now, 3 days later, is already subsiding. I've read alot of negative stuff about this procedure but I really have NO complaints about it at all. I just hope if really works, but so far so good! Was also told no sex, heavy lifting or working out for 2 weeks.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
Well Ladies, I have to say everyone seems to react different to the same procedure. I myself had the Novasure done on June 11, 2008 and like most, I had a severe cramping right after the procedure and the rest of that day. For the next 2 weeks experienced discharge with that nasty odorand Then as if by magic that was it!  I havent had anything since, No bleeding, no discharge. Hail to the Novasure and the DR. who performed it! Good luck for all considering this procedure.
i bled constantly for 3 months after i had my daughter in may and my doctor recomended novasure as the last chance to avoid a hysterectomy. We wanted to avoid that because io just turned 23 in August. I had the procedure 2 wks ago and the discharge is gradually lessoning day by day. By the end of the first day all the cramping was gone. My doctor said that this procedure should only be done on women who are done having children because pregnancy after the ablation can be fatal for both mother and fetus. He also said that i shouldnt have intercourse for 4 wks afterward. I know it ***** but youve got to give your cervix time to return back to normal after the dialtion. Its only a 15 minute procedure  when they do a d&c, hysteroscopy ( looking inside your uterus with a lens) and the novasure. It was the best thing iver ever done. I hope ive helped.
I had novasure and hysteroscopy and biopsy and cervical cautery done 23/10/08 ,i had really bad pains and had to have a morphine injection , to which now i have not had any more pain in tummy,but i have had fever ,chills, liteheaded and the shakes as for bleeding  a week has pasted and i started bleeding this morning ,up untill now it has only been a watery discharge with a faint smell.i am seeing the dc this afternoon .
i had the novasure procudure done in the spring of 2008 and have had no peroids or spotting until the other nite i had sex withmy husband and starting bleeding after and spotting the day after that.  Has anyone had anything like this or any suggestions
I had a novasure in November 07. I did find, all went well. Until it was time to have sex. It is painful. And since the novasure I have NO desire to have sex...Any thoughts or suggestions???
I had the NovaSure a little over a week ago, plus the D&C and the Hyst to remove a small polyp. It was the best decision I have ever made. I have very little spotting and I had very little pain. I had the mild sedation propofol in the hospital to not remember anything and that worked amazingly well. They said I was goofy in the O.R., but I cannot remember a thing! I only took ibuprofin and acetametaphin for pain. I was back to work after the weekend and have not had any issues except releif. I was on my period when I had it done and it stopped the heavy bleeding immediately. My breast a re no longer sore and my c-scar no longer is tender to the touch and no more anxiety.  Ihave tried to have an anxiety attack and can no longer!  Believe me, this was such a great decision and I look forward to having a normal life again. I have had two normal orgasms since the operation and I have no soreness. I have yet to have intercourse, but I am sure as long as I wait another week it will give my body time to heal.
I am curious if there is any long term problem with oral sex.  Does your partner mention any change in taste? (I am talking about way after healing).  Thanks so much for your input on this!
Had Novasure 3 weeks ago.  Had sex one week later because I felt so good. Next week bleeding began but it was light and with a slight order. Had sex again on week 3 and had inserted an Instead to prevent outside bleeding.  During sex boyfriend noticed blood so we stopped.  When I later took out Instead it had caught clumps of what looked like my uterus and blood.  Dr said bleeding and clumps are normal because the body is trying to push out the products.  There has been no pain, just feel a little achy.  Will attempt sex again next week and hope bleeding is history.
I had Novasure procedure done on May 1st.  I am still having a discharge which can range from dark brown to yellowish and then to light brown--never a day with no discharge as of yet-- No bloody discharge anymore.  Would like to hear your comments on how long this discharge lasted??  My Dr. told me no sex for three weeks after procedure.  
Hello, my wife has always had irregular menstral cycles, she recently was placed on a birth control pill to try to regulate them.  This pill has made her feel very uncomfortable for the past two weeks, she has had a non stop period with painful cramping, she has had to change pads almost every half an hour.  Her doctor suggested Novasure due to we do not plan on having more children.  Is there anyone out there that can write in spanish so that my wife can ask some questions to see if this procedure is a good idea?  Thanks
jolugibrki
I had the hysteroscopy and D&C and Novasure done 7/13/09. All went well very little spotting. The problem I'm having is increased heart rate and like there is someone sitting on my chest. Then it slows down & starts right back up. I'm like out of breathe. Is this a panic attack? Why is this happening?
I had the novasure , and hysteroscopy just a few days ago..The dr. just gave me toradol, hydocodone, and valuim. Then he gave me the cervical block but didin't bother to wait the 10min to let it numb.. This was the most painful experience I have ever had a total nightmare. I am 46 and not having anymore children wished I would have had the hysterectomy at least I would have been asleep.. It's like I had nothing at all for pain.. Still cramping and spotting just a little.. He told me to wait 2 weeks before sex..
I had the procedure about a month ago and have been wearing a pad ever since!  It's mostly blood but not very much or that stinky brown junk.  I am very bloated and have gained weight.  I don't know that this was the right decision for me.  Has anyone had this bloating or do I have a problem?
I had mine done approximately 6 yrs. ago ..I am 48 now.  Please, ask your provider how many of these procedures they have done and if there were any complications. I have had no problems whatsoever but I made sure I asked alot of questions. I will make a call this next week as before the ablation I had stage 1 atypical squamus  on my cervix and a cyst that were frozen and the cyst removed. Every once in awhile the past couple weeks I have seen a very very small amount of fresh blood but am wondering if it isn't from scar tissue. I am aware that women have had to repeat the ablation even sooner than the 6 yrs I have gone with absolutely no complications. I also live in a very low humidity climate, so I am checking into ways to keep that area moist ..right now I am using a product similar to KY and running a humidifier. Would be interesting to know if anyone had to have scar tissue removed.
Trying to decide if i should have the procedure or not.  The two questions i continue to find in the forum that no one answers is about oral sex.  Long after recovery is there a difference in the taste of the woman's vagina secretions? and is sex painful afterwards, after recooperation, of course.  Thanks--would love to know
I had the Nova sure procedure done 3 yrs ago...my sex life went down hill...not only does it hurt...but i have no desire anymore.
I had cramps yesterday and did not think too much about it (stomach ache,gas)?...tonight i got a period!
I am calling my DR. in the morning
Has anyone else started there periods this much later after 3 years of none??...worried
I had a Novasure done on 11/13/2009 (Friday the 13th). I was just a few days from my normal period anyway so I will wait on my cycle in December to compare. bled for 3 days but not heavy like usual. but I am having the watery pinkish-yellowish brown discharge. I used to go through 14 pads a month, so far I am 30 pads and counting, still had my cramps went to emergency room 2 days after procedure though I had an infection because my lower stomach was cramping for 8-10 hours, was told it was gas nurse gave me pain medicine & a gas medicine in my IV and it really helped.Have no idea when this discharge is gonna let up...but I hope its soon these pads are expensive!!!!!!
Had my ablation on Dec. 9, 2009. My dr. told me no sex for 6 weeks but everything I have read says 2 to 3 weeks. I have had no bleeding and very little discharge.  After 6 months of non-stop bleeding and a couple of hospital visits from having lost too much blood, I am ready to have a normal (sex) life.  Anyone else been told 6 weeks before intercourse?
I am 37 and my periods have taken over my life. I am thinking about having this procedure. My doctor says I'm a perfect candidate. I have a very active sex life and I am wondering if this procedure has effected any of yours. My main concern is pain, dryness and what has been referred to as the odor? How long does it typically take to get back to normal or is that even possible?
Hiya ,,

I had my ablation a week ago but i was also sterlilzed,, i ad the coil in before for 3 years, i was told i would lose discharge as its part of the womb lining comin away and if it starts to smell, to go to my doctors as ive caught an infection to get antibiotics., as im losing discaharge and a bit of runny blood, im no way having sex, untill i feel its under control,, but dont get me wrong, my sex drive feels stronger, , i didnt bleed due to havin the coil, so i cant comment on that bit yet,,(but i was told i might still bleed)  i also had this done, to try and help my pmt, ill keep ya posted about that one ;0) ,, i have no pain, a few cramps, i ad aweek off work ,, cos i had both done,, ,,xx
I had a D&C, Hysteroscopy, and novasure done on January 29, 2010. I was not told how long to wait to have sex, to exercise or anything. They told me no alcohol or a shower for 24 hours, that i was not aloud to make major decisions and that I may bleed for a few days. I had a lot of cramping the first and second day and today is not too bad. I feel bloated all the time. I am going to call my midwife tomorrow to see if she can tell me anything else. She is not the one who peformed the procedure but she could probably tell me more then the doctor or the hospital did. I found that a heating pad helps with my cramping. I wish that doctor would have given me more instructions when I was done.
I had a D&C, Hysteroscopy, and novasure done on January 7, 2010. I was told 4 weeks to have sex, to exercise. They told me no alcohol or a shower for 24 hours, that I was not allowed to make major decisions and that I may bleed for a few days. I had a lot of cramping the first and second day .I found that a heating pad helps with my cramping. I feel bloated all the time. I still have mild cramping from time to time and it cease with 800mg ibuprofen. Since the procedure I have not had a period but I am still having the brownish discharge to spotting and some odor(odor not as bad as before).  My only concern is how long will it take for the discharge ,spotting to stop?  My husband and I have a healthy sex life and I don't want this to cause it to go down hill!!   ''NOT HAPPY''
I had the Novasure Procedure Nov. 09 and I'm okay, but I have hot flashes and some cramping but when my husband and I have sex it hurts when he is penetrating me.  This is after oral sex and I've had an orgasm but I feel very dry in my shaft, very uncomfortable and unenjoyable.  Any ideas on what to do and is this for the rest of my life because I had the procedure!  Please help.  I love my husband soooo much and want our sex life to be like it was before novasure procedure.
I had my procedure done on Jan 25th, still having mild light brownish discharge..I was fine within 4 hours of my ablation, no pain or heavy bleeding. I was told up to 6 weeks for the discharge, 2-3 weeks for sex, but we are going to wait a bit longer. I guess it's still to early to tell if it has worked, but even if I get mild bleeding cycles I am a happy girl compared to the nasty heavy ones I had that gave me anemia. I did get an injection once a month for 2 months(three was prefered but wasn't able to) to help thin the lining of my uterus so with any luck that helped.
I had ablation done on 2/18/10.  I have not stopped bleeding.  On 3/9/10 my husband rushed me to the ER.  I had uncontrollable bleeding with lots of blood clots.  I've only had bright red blood discharge since ablation.  Some of it with a yellowish tint.  No dark red or brownish discharge.
I'm now on an 8 day hormone therapy.  My last day of hormones is tomorrow. But the bleeding has not stopped.  I'm just not loosing my guts now.
I've been bleeding since before Christmas,, and ready to pull my hair out.  I dont have the amount of pain that I once did.  But the more active I am the more pain it get and bleeding gets heavier.
Has anyone else gone through this?  I'd like to get back to a normal lifestyle.  
Had a Hysteroscopy and D&C, three weeks later I'm having a EXTREMELY hard time holding my excitement (clymaxing). Even when masturbating. Dull cramping also in the lower left abdomen area. When I'm almost there(at clymax level), I lose it and have to start all over again. Never had this problem before the procedures.  I've read that some medications can cause "lack of sexual drive" . My sex drive is okay as I desire sex all the time, and I'm not taking any prescribed medications.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Im having this procedure on april,16 2010, I was and still am excited I just hope and pray that it stops the pain and the heavy bleeding.  
I just had the procedure done on April 14 2010, had bad cramping after wards, alittle blood and by the second day just a slight pink. But I guess I shouldnt have gone out and weeded the flower beds, used to much stomic muscle. I am sore now. But the Dr. did say if there was a foul smell or prolonged heavy bleeding get back into him. But so far so good, I am 49 and I hope I never have a nother period. If this doesnt work I have to have a hysterectomy.
I had the Novasure procedure done yesterday, April 16th, the procedure was very fast, I was put to sleep so I didn't feel any pain. I had some cramping afterwards that lasted for about about 10hrs., but nothing that a Motrin 800 couldn't take care of...It's 4am the day after and I'm feeling fine no pain.  I have a little pinkish discharge, can't wait to know if this is going to stop my periods forever. If this do not work my doctor said within 6mths. she will give me a hysterectomy....I will keep you all posted about my progress.....Good luck to all...Thank you for all your comments it really helped me..
I had the Novascure procedure done on April 9,2010.  My Doctor really did not give me much information about the recovery.  The discharge is more like yellow liquid that burns slightly and is irritating.  Is anyone else expieriencing the same?  I was tired right after the procedure and rested for 2 days.  I went back to my normal routine but would cramp and I knew that meant I better take it easier.  Easier said than done!  I am  still cramping slightly and am tired. Is anyone else expieriencing burning??  
Looking to having the the hysteroscopy, D/C & ablation done tomorrow on April 23, 2010. I'm alittle nervous, but I am ready to be done with the two heavy periods a month and severe cramping. After reading the posts, I feel alittle more prepared for the side effects of the procedure (cramps, discharge). I was given a script of Percocet for pain relief hopefully I won't need it. Other than pain and smelly discharge,my main concerns are painful intercourse, ability to reach orgasm, and taste. I do not want to dampen my sex life with my husband. I'm at the height of my sexual peak and I want to continue with the freedom that I have. I pray that I'll have a good outcome of this. Thank you to everyone who commented. It really helped.
I had the novasure procedure done on April 9, 2010 and I was feeling fine the first week after. I was also bleeding for the rest of that week and now I have some discharge with little spoting here and there. It's now going on the end of my second week and I've been cramping a little but nothing major. My partner and I live long distance and this weekend he is coming to see me. Ofcourse we are going to want to have sex because it's been a while. I was wondering if it was too soon to have sex or not. My checkup appointment isn't until next week and by that time he will be gone. I was wondering if I had sex this weekend would it cause me to get an infection. Don't know if I should take chance or just stick with oral sex for now  
I had my procedure 3/5/10 and last night was the first time my husband and i had sex.  i'm still discharging daily (yellow now) but we couldn't wait any longer.  prior to the surgery, i was intensely multi-orgasmic and responded to everything he did.  last night - i felt nothing.  let me clarify that:  i felt everything on the outside of my body, but was numb on the inside and for the first time ever, with my husband, i did not have an orgasm.

has anyone else experienced this?  is it temporary?
I had the novasure april 13,2010. I was in at 7:55 am I was waking up in recovery at 9:15am. I was told that u r allowed a1/2 hour of sleep in recovery. So I must have gotten to recovery by 8:45 am I was home by 11:10am. I had about 15 min. of cramping in recovery, none since. I have had a discharge that started 3 days after the procedure. I have since had a watery discharge sometimes a little red, sometimes a little brown. No odor.Except for the first 2 days. It smelled like burned popcorn.LOL! Doc said I did very well. She said to wait 3 wks before intimacy. After having a period every 2 weeks like clockwork! This is a walk in the park. No more rushing to the bathroom, showering at 3am, soaking panties, carrying around a squirt bottle, etc!!!! Luv N Life! I am wearing pads right now because the discharge sometimes gets a little heavy.No where near like a period just watery! So much more tolerable.If I read some of these comments B4, I probably would not have done it, But everyone is different. All the women I spoke with who had the procedure said nothing but wonderful things about it. It could b the doctor also. Mine was caring and  supportive. Dr. Yolanda Vaughn in Waldorf MD.. She's the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i had Novasure on 2/12/10 im still having very heavy bleeding and it has been over 3 months. I called my Dr,s office and they will not return my calls i'm filling a overnight pad in 1 1/2 hours . I spotted for 7 day then nornal bleeding for 3 day now the last 4 days it has been very very heavy, anyone know what i can do?
thank you
i had novasure procedure done on march 23rd.  not much pain aftewards, just a little achy.  had bleeding/lining discharge for like 4 weeks then started a period.  i thought it was ending but now seems like i may be starting my period again.  hopefully it will stop soon since i'm going on my 8th week since the procedure!
had sex once since.  no problems besides a little bleeding.
I had the d&c and ablation done on 7-7-10.  I had cramping afterwards for about 2 days here and there.  I was very bloated the second and third day.  I am still wearing a pad because of the discharge and a little spotting here and there.  I did have some cramping the other day but i figured I'm still healing.  I haven't seen any answers as to the odor questions... does it go away?  Is there a taste difference?  I never even thought of that until reading these comments.  My check up is in 7 days... can't wait to see what it is like then.  Also hoping to be able to have intimacy asap! lol... all comments are welcome =)
will post again after my check-up
I had this procedure on April 2, 2008.  The surgery went very well; I waited 6 weeks before having intercourse.  I feel that during those 6 weeks I had very normal discharge.  I occasionally have a very, very light period.  Many of you have had questions about what sex is like after the procedure.  This is my experience; I have become very dry which does cause some pain.  Using KY does help but there is a level of tightness that has not gone away.  This does cause irritation and lately bleeding sex.  I wouldn't say it's painful but more tender and irritating.  My sex drive has lowered but not much and I feel not having my period all the time makes this an okay trade off.  I seem to have more PMS than before and my breasts are really tender and I have some white discharge from time to time.  This may be a hormone issue.  I did just have that checked and it came back within the normal range.  But what I'm thinking is just because it's in the normal range doesn't make it normal for me. I wish I knew if the bleeding during sex is due to the surgery.  I don't really see an answer anywhere, but I think with the tightness and the dryness, this is likely.
i had the proceedure done 2 weeks ago....im 29  ive been blesse with a beautiful daughter. i have alot of medical issues which cause pregnancy to be detramental to m health.. so i did the proceedure... That1st day I felt like I was in labor.. no bleeding no discharge... but I had a lot of cramping.. and the next day it was like nothing happened..I even went and hung out...on the third day thats when the discharge started.. yuk... buti just had my insides burned and like any burn theres going to be dischrge....there's no oder.. just  discharge......this is not the end I still have another proceedure to go through...sterilization.. where 2 coils are inserted. this will make sure no eggs are released for fertilization ....that can be fatal....everyones healing process is different... Im hoping this discharge will go away really soon.... I havent had sex since so I cant comment on whether its painful or not.... but like after having a baby its suggested by the DR not to have sex fr atleast 6 weeks.. I would take that same suggestion for thi proceedure.. have to give ur body time to heal
it has been almost 2 months since my procedure and all is going well.  My check-up went well.  As far as the sex part, there was very little bleeding and it was a little sore at first but everythings is back to normal.  I haven't expierenced any dryness but then again i never had that problem.  i still get bloated about once a month but no bleeding.  I am extremely happy with this and wouldn't change a thing.  :) it's so nice to not be bleeding almost all the time.  It was a huge bonus not to be at all!
I'm waiting to have Novasure done in the next 3 to 4 months because there is a waiting list here. I've had my periods since April 10 2010
there is not a day that goes by that I'm not bleed or flooding every were .It has totally take over my life. My husband and kids are trying to understand but don't get it how tired and angry this make me. I've now being reading some of your coments and not sure about this Novesure, will it help me. Please is there anyone who has had this done and is a sucecces story , cause now i"m not sure about this anymore.please some one tell me this is a good thing

lady in waiting
I had the NovaSure procedure done in 2007.  I guess I would say that it was a success cause i have not had a period since the procedure was down.  However, at the time when I thought my days of having/wanting more kids was over, I am now a 34 yr old divorcee and would love to be able to have the option of more kids with my new mate (whoever he might be).  I have heard recently that the Marina (sp?) IUD (inter-uterine device) will also help with the constant heaving bleeding.  If you haven't already, you may discuss that with your doctor.  If I had known about the Marina, I would definitely have given that a try before doing the Nova Sure.  
I am 33 and I had my NovaSure done in December of 2008. I have not had a period since this time. For the first time the other night my boyfriend and I had sex and I bled heavily.. There was blood clots too. We were not rough and have had sex regulary since my surgery. I am wondering if this is normal because I did not have pain at all. I got this done to quit bleeding. I had bled for 5 months straight and had a major problem with fibroids. I have not had a dryness problem or any cramping issues at all. Just wondering why I am bleeding during sex...
My period was heavy for 7 days straight.  It was managable but I was just tired of bleeding for so long.  I was on the pill for so long and was used to the 3-5 days light period.  I'm 44 years old and I'm done having children along with tired of taking hormones.  I tried the IUD but I was still  bleeing the 7 days and my husband said he can fell the wire and it was uncomfortable for him.  I thought this procedure would be the best choice for me.  I had the procudure done in Sept 2010. The bleeding is very minimal each month just a panty liner and lats about 4 days only.  After the procedure, I have minimal cramping but there were dry blood discharge for about 2 weeks.  I haven't had any cramping since  but my vagina wall were very dry... this was freeking me out.  But by the time my follow up visit was up the following month,  all this stopped and everything was back to normal except for my sex drive.  I don't know if it's the procudure or just my schedule and I'm just stressed out. Otherwise, the procedure went smoothly and I love the light to non existing period. That's my experience and how my body reacted to the procedure.  I hope this will help those who might be considering doing the same thing... just make sure you weigh your pros and cons...  good luck. .  
I had my D&C and ablation done about 6weeks ago. I have had light discharge everyday since.  My problem however is weight gain and bloating.  I have gained almost 12 pounds in this 6 weeks and have not changed my eating or exercise habits.  I feel like I am bloated and cramping like p.m.s. everyday since. Has anyone else experienced this and how long did it last?  Thanks could use some peace of mind.
I had the Novasure done on Dec. 21, 2010. I was bleeding every single day. Some of it so bad I couldn't leave the house. So I decided to have this done. It took about an hour. I felt a little nauseous but didn't puke. Since I am an easy puker they gave me dramamine in my iv. I went into the prep room and was told my surgery would be an hour late because of the surgery in front of me. It was very cold in there so they couldn't put my iv in until I was warm. They gave me many warm blankets but was still too cold. They hooked a heating blower up to my gown and it blew warm air inside. They were finally able to get the iv in. They wheeled me down and I was out very quickly and out just like that.

I wasn't in recovery too long (can't remember how long). Ate some crackers, got dressed and they wheeled me out. That is when I felt a little sickly from getting up. We stopped at the Rx for my Vicodin but didn't need it. I felt a little heavy in my abdomen but not bad. I bleed for a week then stopped for 3 days. Then I spotted for another 10. I had my checkup on Jan. 10 and she said everything looked good. Come to find out I also had a polyp that they removed. I bled until Jan 12 and haven't bleed since. She said I may bleed some on and off for a few months when I am supposed to have my period but seemed to think I would be done forever. I was on Sprintek before this and bled even though I was on those. They must have helped my hot flashes (I am 50) because now I am getting them back. I am happy with the trade off. I bled clots so big I couldn't leave the house. I was exhausted all the time. No iron and pills didn't work. I was very tired after the surgery for abt 2 weeks. I feel more chipper now than I have in a long time. I am so glad I had this done.
Had the hyrdo-thermal ablation on Dec.17. Was told "nothing in the vagina" until after recheck which was three weeks later.  Husband was hesitant to start again so didn't have sex until week four.  It was not painful in the least (well, a little tightness for not having had sex in so long).  There was no problems with dryness or orgasm.  Everything was normal...happily.  I didn't want to psych myself out so I told myself most arousal for women happens in the mind and my mind wasn't touched. It helped.  My girl parts cooperated. Just relax and have fun!!
I had my procedure done on 2-25-2011. After coming for sugery, i had very bad  cramping. I was giving pain medication in my iv (which didn't heflp), then i was giving a shot. I have been cramping everyday since. And the discharge seen to be getting worst (mainly at night). I read that every woman's body is different. But i just hope and pray that after all as this disconfort, that i no longer have to deal with bleeding anymore. If i had read up on this before, i may have not gone through with this. Help me out...
I have a IUD and I am having constant light periods.  I go for about 3 weeks then stop for 1 or 2 then back to 3 weeks, sometimes more.  Does this help for constant bleeding? My Doctor is recommending this but it seems if it is going to make me not have children why not just have a hysterectomy? I am 38 and really tired of the nonstop periods.  Any suggestions?
I had a D&C, hysteroscopy, & novasure on 2/18/11. Afterward was the worst pain I have ever experienced. It lasted for about 6 hours.  did not have any bleeding or discharge for the first 10 days but have had light bleeding/brown discharge since. I am a little concerned with the low sex drive and dryness alot of people have been talking about. Is that really common?
I am having a consultation with my OBGYN tomorrow to have this procedure done.  After reading these comments I am quite concerned!!!  Will this affect my sex life?  Will sex be painful? Will I suffer from dryness?  Will it affect my orgasm??????
I just had the novasure procedure done about 5days ago.  just wondering if anyone experienced weight gain after the procedure.  Second the sex part is very scary for what I hearing. I have not tried yet still too soon. I just hope to prove some of you wrong about the pain.
I had this procedure almost 7 years ago and my periods were completly gone until 2 years ago so I am having the procedure repeated again next week. I never had sexual problems with intercourse or oral. It was the best thing I ever did. I wanted a hysterectomy due to years of heavy clotting and bleeding that effected my daily activities but my Dr. reccomened this due to the rapid recovery and non-invasive aspect of it. My only reccomendation is that you reseach the physician and make sure they are experienced in the procedure.
I had my procedure done 17 days ago. Pre op, i had very heavy periods for 3-5 days a month. No polyps/cysts anywhere. Dr said i was a perfect candidate but gave me the option to have the ablation or to have a hysterectomy. I chose the ablation because of the "fast" healing time. My dr told me i would bleed for 7-10 days and a light discharge afterwards and to expect some clot looking things coming out as well. those were scabs coming off of the uterus. Okay, so i am still bleeding just as heavy, if not heavier, than the day of the procedure. I have cramping still. I have dealt with some SEVERE pain that landed me in the dr for an emergency visit and had a UTI. No one told me how long to have sex, but my husband is a man and can't just NOT have sex. So we attempted it last night. i was scared and tense the whole time so i didnt enjoy it, but he got what he needed so that's all that matters. I'm scared of infections, I'm scared of the effects of it all. I wish now i would have had the hysterectomy. the healing time is 3x as long, but there are no "what if's" with it. you stop having your period. the end. with this, it's just a waiting game. I've been nauseous every day and have had little appetite.I did lose 3 lbs but that's not a benefit when it's because i've been feeling so horrible post op. i had little to no pain afterwards until 5 days ago when i woke up at 230am in excruciating pain. they gave me a strong dose of antibiotics and said if it wasnt better in 24 hours go back. it was better, but i'm STILL BLEEDING! WHEN WILL IT STOP?!?!  who's got an answer for me?  i'm getting really bummed and down in the dumps. my house is trashed bc i have no energy to clean, which is TOTALLY ABNORMAL for me. i'm a neat freak and the past 2 weeks, i just dont care. i need some peace of mind!
I had a hysteroscopy, Novasure, and D&C done on April 22, 2011.  I had intense pain right after the procedure, lasting for about 3 days.  The pain was so intense that I ended up in the ER.  I am a nurse, and I was certain ibuprofen would take care of the pain.  800 mg of ibuprofen can do a lot for all types of pain.  I was very wrong!!  The cramping is only minimal now, but I am still bleeding.  It has been 21 days, and I still alternate between a pad and a pantyliner.  Sometimes it is lighter than other times.  My concern is that the color is usually bright red.  I am not experiencing the brownish coloration that everyone describes.  The reason for this procedure is because I am severely iron deficient.  Heavy periods have caused this problem.  Should I be concerned that 3 weeks of even minimal bright red bleeding will worsen my anemia?  I called the doctor and they said this could last a couple weeks longer.  I spoke with the MA who relayed the message to the doctor.  I hope she expressed my concerns about BRIGHT RED BLEEDING.  I have an appt June 3, 2011.  Did anyone else have bright red bleeding for this long, or longer?  Thanks for everyone's help. :)
I had my procedure on April 26.  The day of the procedure, I had alot of cramping - ended up taking off the remainder of the week.  Felt much better after 4th day, slight discharge - no smell.  Had my follow up appointment, doctor said I would know within 6 months if procedure was a success.  He gave me the green light for sex (two weeks from procedures date) - no problem for me there either.  My advice is to ask alot of questions of your doctor.  I had an internal ultrasound before he would even consider the procedure - this ensures that there are no cysts - which will lessen the effective of the procedure.  
I had the procedure a week ago (May 24).  I didn't have any cramping or major bleeding after.  I'm now just having the discharge and reddish/brownish old blood for the last week.  Nothing horrible though.  I go back to my doctor in a week for my 2 weeks check up and then the green light for s*x.

I'm really hoping this works.
Jenjen1017,

Of all the post I read, my situation is similar to yours. I had the Hysteroscopy, D&C and Novasure done on June 8th in the hospital's outpatient center. I had been bleeding for 90 consecutive days, 34 of those days were very heavy with clots. It caused anemia in me. Also, my uterine wall was very thick.

The procedure itself was fine. I had general anesthesia and woke up in the recovery room.  I was in pain and was given meds.  I did vomit so the kept me an hour or two longer than usual to make sure I was ok.

When I got home, I slept for the rest of the day with very little discharge, red blood and clear stuff. The next day was the same-no problem. Day 3 I started bleeding big time. I was very tired and in lots of pain. By this thine, my help was gone(I live alone) and I was regreting that. I continued pain meds and rested. Day 4 was the same. I lost my appetite when my heavy bleeding started months ago but it was really bad now. I was just eating crackers, juice and cereal. I've lost 14lbs in 2 months. Day 5 was the same but bleeding was at the pre- op stage. Day 6, bleeding stopped abruptly but was taken over by the smelliest discharge I gave ever smelled. It wasn't fishy, it wasn't normal. One drop of it caused me to change my pad and it burned when I urinated. Day 7, the same. Day 8 I couldn't take it anymore so I called my doc. She told me to come in. They took a urine sample and a vaginal culture of my discharge, which had changed smells by the time I got there. It just smelled burnt. Burnt like if you cooked something and all the liquid cooked out but the pot was burned on the bottom. Or maybe a little bit of a rotten smell.  Not a nice smell coming from the va-j-j. Anyway, doc put me on antibiotics just in case the urine sample showed anything later.

I am also very tired. I can hardly get up in the morning and I can sleep the fair part of the day away. I went to Walmart with my helper to fill my script and we were only there for 1 hour, by the end of my trip I was laying over the cart in pain and exhaustion. I felt bloated on the ride home and when I got there I had to go right to bed and I slept for 6 hours. I got up for pain meds and a sandwich but I went right back to bed.

I'm praying for my strength and full recovery. I wasn't prepared for this long of a recovery period. I just feel sort of helpless waiting to see what my bodies next move will be.  Will my sex drive be different? I hope not. I was really feeling good about all of it before these problems started.

I am 2 weeks post-op.  I had mild cramping and a little pink discharge for 3-4 days, then nothing.  My doctor told me to wait ONE week before sex.  After one week, had sex, no problems.  2 days later had sex twice and am now having mild cramping and a watery pinkish-brown discharge.  Has anyone had this and when did it stop?
I had the hysterscopy and d&c before novasure too. after the procedure i had an enormous amount of pain. Alnostcas bad as when i was in labor with my kids. This isnt mormal but it lasted about 7 hours. Then i was fine and havent had any problems since. IM hoping this works for me and i wont have to have a hysterectomy.
I had the Nova Sure procedure done on 9/9/11. I'm 51 yrs. old and my Dr seemed to think the procedure would be best since menopause is around the
corner. I was having a hard time with heavy bleeding and didn't want to leave the house or be to far away from the bathroom anymore. I bled heavy & consistent for 39 days before going to the Dr. Then he put me on 2 cycles of hormones that didn't work until a week before my next visit. 83 days of bleeding can really change a women's personality. I was tired, depressed & not happy with life. My Husband & family were so patient and supportive. In return I was a total *****. I was happy after procedure with cramping and very light bleeding / discharge. I hate the smell of the discharge & I'm beginning to hate the minor spotting or discharge. My Dr said everything looks great and he even commented that I was very clean in there. He said the spotting should stop within 3 weeks, & no swimming for another week. No sex & no tampons until the spotting stops. I'm not happy, I know I should be since I'm not bleeding all over myself anymore but I hate the sight of blood already or anything even close to the color red.  I am sick of having attacks and so over all this ******** we have to go through just to stop bleeding and bearing children. What a ***** Ha Ladies, we go through so much drama to have children and bleed every month until menopause. Then just when we thought life is good we get slammed again with a leaking bladder or whatever else happens to make us have to put on a f=====n pad or pamper again. We were given a bad deal in life. Men have it so easy. Aging really does suck. So all you ladies out there stand up and give yourself a hand, have a drink, smoke a joint or do whatever floats your boat because you all deserve it. We all need to ive for the moment and forget the future. Who the hell wants to think about all that drama thats lies ahead.  By the way It's Sept. 21st & I'm still spotting very lightly and I haven't had sex yet. My Husband is getting frustrated, He wont say it but I can tell.
i just had my nova sure surgery on 9/7/2011. I still have that funky discharge.i think i had sex to soon because at first the smell was very faint now its way to strong. i waited my 2 weeks but i dont think it was long enough
  i Also am having the same problem as your talking about,  I cannot have an orgasm hardly at all, no matter how hard I try.  Before I had the ablasion done I would have multiple climaxes, now nothing.  I feel empty.  And this has been going on about 2 years.  I do believe its from the procedure, and i just wanted to say your not alone.  My doctor did not tell me any of this, I never dreamed it would leave me this way,  but I  also had to have it done.

I just wish the Doctors would tell their patients what side effects can effect them for the rest of their lives.
     We just cant give up but I now how frustrated you feel, your not alone, I hope things get better for you and all the other women who are having problems with whatever their problems are from this procedure.

All the best to you

bluefrontlover
Hi,I am new to this site. I had Novasure done almost 4 years ago.I have also had less intense orgasms since.I have brought this up to my gynocologist everytime I have seen him and he says this procedure should not affect intercourse.I also started having hot flashes 2 days after the surgery.I wonder if scar tissue can keep the uterus from contracting during orgasm or if the blood supply is affected?
i had novasure procedure 2yrs ago and six weeks ago i had a full hysterectomy.After the novasure i had blood pooling in my uterine lining because it had no were to go so when i had my hysterectomy they removed a big blood clot from my uterus and the blood was backing up in to my fallopian tubes  before novasure i had heavy periods but not the rest of the problems i had after  i was in severe pain for months emergency rm visits morphine shots nothing work since the jysterectomy i feel like a new woman pain relief finally
I had hysteroscopy, d&c and Novasure yesterday. My doctor said ibuprofen would work fine for the pain. I have pain and nausea so bad right now I can not sleep. I was wondering if this is common?
Just had mine done 2 weeks ago and I'm only having very light discharge; almost gone.

I'm 41 yrs old and the entire year of 2011 had been very challenging. The heavy bleeding.started in August and got worse in September, where I bled heavily for 14 days. October was a lot worse as I would soak up a super plus tampon with a thick pad in one hour. That cycle lasted 15 days with a lot of clotting. Then in the 10th day of my November cycle, I called my doctor who suggested I go to his office ASAP. He did a D & C in the spot without local anesthesia and I swear, it felt like labor pains:(

Had the Novasure procedure done on the 15th of this month and the only discomfort I had was that afternoon after the surgery where I had the worse cramps I've ever had in my life. I made sure I rested the entire week which seemed to help a lot. Been trying to take it to the next level of exercise, but I've been so sluggish and un- motivated.  Guess Imma have to take it slow.  But all in all, I'm very pleased to have gotten the procedure done. Just looking forward to no more heavy blessings or no periods at all.
I had my novasure, hysteroscopy, and D&C procedure yesterday. Woke up for the procedure ready to go home an eat. Had a little mild cramping a few hours afterwards nothing regular over the counter meds couldn't handle. Slept for about three hours and was ready to take on the world again.  I have a light to mild discharge every few hours that a liner is maintaining right now. I'm at work today like nothing happened.

I had began my pre-period night sweat the night before and last night I had none. What a relief not to wake up in the middle of the night soak and wet. My period is suppost to start on the 30th crossing my fingers that i'm one of the women it completely disappears for. My doctor's instructions say no sex for 3-4 weeks but of course a girl had to make sure. He informed me after the discharge ends it will be safe to resume normal activity. :) Should anything change with me I will post again. I am totally satisfied right now.
Had nova sure 6 months ago and no orgasm since, have sex twice a week but I have to fake it pretty much and hope he gets off real fast as the whole pelvic area hurts now.
Well it's been about 7 weeks. All is well for me. I haven't had any complication and the first time I had sext again it was Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat to say the least. Prior to the procedure I would become dry after my orgasm, let's just say I'm not having that problem anymore. I haven't had a period since November. Got my procedure done days before it was due in December. At this point I am happy to say NovaSure is my friend.
Had Novasure about a week ago.  Only mild cramping a slight slimy discharge tinged with a little blood for two days.  Nothing since.  I have had several clitoral orgasms and no issue with dryness although I haven't had any vaginal penitration yet. There was some mild discomfort after orgasm but I don't expect it to last.  I will repost if it does.
I had my procedure in May of 2010. They were going to also remove my right ovary. While the doctor was in to remove my ovary, he notice my tube was full of infected fluid which ended up being the cause of all of my pain. So really I shouldn't of had the Novasure. Every since I have been in pain. When I woke from my procedure I was in the worst pain of my life. I had developed a hemotoma the size of a softball and was laid up for months. Since I have had nonstop pain. I can just be sitting and have sharp pain. I have been with my husband for 15 years, we have 4 kids. Since this our sex life is pretty much nonexistant. Which is very bothersome. When we have sex I am very dry. KY only lasts for a short period of time. At times the pain is bareable. Other times it's so bad that it makes me cry. It not only makes me feel horrible, but my husband too. We're in our early 30's and our sex life can't be over. I have no desire to have sex anymore. He's starting to understand. But it has caused some problems in our relationship. If I could go back I NEVER would of had this done. Yeah it's nice no longer having a period. But not at this cost. Now I have to see a specialist and I'm terrified to have another surgery considering the complications I had with this one.
Hello, I just had the Novasure ablation on 2.15.12.  I did not experience any pain or cramping afterwards (maybe b/c of the meds I was on), the next day I felt a little cramping, nothing major (again I was still taking the meds prescribed- ibuprofen 800 and lortab).  I only took the lortab before going to bed b/c they made me sleep anyway.  As of today (2.23.12) I'm not cramping but have the watery/pinkish discharge.  I read one of the earlier post where they said they had a greenish discharge- stop and contact your Doctor!!!  I will say, based on my history, my period would come every 21 days and last for 7-10 days.  Prior to the ablation, my last period was toward the end of January.  Still no period, only the discharge.
I have a couple of friends who had the procedure two and three years ago.  One is a non-smoker and the other a smoker.  The non-smoker said she had the discharge for a month straight and after that, nothing- no period, no cramping, no bloating, etc.  The smoker said her discharge lasted for two months and after that, nothing- no period, no cramping, no bloating, etc.  They both suggested no sex until after you're completely healed- and that could be after the discharge stops.  Each person is different.  I'd definitely check with the doctor before making that decision.
I just can't wait until the discharge stops, it is such an uncomfortable feeling.  I will try and keep you posted.
Oh, sorry left this out.  I had the D&C, Hysteroscopy in November of 2011, I don't know if it will matter since i didn't have it all at once.  I will let you know.
When I read your post, I couldn't help but think I wrote it???  2011 was the first for me as well.  I was diagnosed with Fibroids in 2010 and it seems like that was the beginning of all the drama and in 2011 all hell broke loose.  I had the D&C, Hysteroscopy in the latter part of 2011 and just the Novasure on the 15th of this month.  
After the procedure, I was fine- no doubt due to the meds I was on but the next day very mild cramps (so I continued taking the ibuprofen and the lortab before going to bed).  The watery/pinkish discharge didn't start until that Sunday and has been going on ever since.  It's the most uncomfortable feeling ever.  My friend said hers lasted for about 2 mos and another said hers lasting for about 1 month.  Neither have had another period and they had it done 2 and 3 yrs ago.  They both suggested no sex or using anything (that will enter the vagina) until the discharge stops.  I sure hope this is worth it.  
I had no energy, was always exhausted.  Didn't want to be bothered with anyone- all the time which is sad because I have 16 y/o daughter and a 6 y/o son.
How has it been for you now that it's been a little over a month since you had the procedure?
yes 4 weeks is the wait time.. and no  Bath for a week  you need to keep the area  clean !..  I had mine done and i had some discharge some bleeding and gone  the bleeding  the pinkish discharge was gone  after a week  sex i have to wait  2 more weeks I see my doc in that time so he will tell me once that time comes when I can resume!
I Had my procedure 3/7/12. Your comment is the most positive,Thank you
Hi, I'm looking for information. The Fibroids started it all for me as well.. Just had my procedure 3/17/12. Im scared Im not reading very many positive postings about sex after novasure. How is your experience..
Thanks for sharing
Hi, I'm looking for information.  Just had my procedure 3/17/12. Im scared Im not reading very many positive postings about sex after novasure. Are you doing better
Thanks for sharing
Hi, I'm looking for information.  Just had my procedure 3/17/12. Im scared Im not reading very many positive postings about sex after novasure. How is your experience..
Thanks for sharing
Hi, I'm looking for information. . Just had my procedure 3/17/12. Im scared Im not reading very many positive postings about sex after novasure. How is your experience..Did it get better
Thanks for sharing
You posted your message so long ago, but I wasnted to reply...THANK YOU for the positve post.. I have a great partner and all of the bleeding was messing up our sex life.. I cant wait to resume our relationship. Thanks again for the positive feedback..
I had mine done on March 16th 2012, and my period was just trying to start a couple days before. I thought this is ONE period that won't even have a chance cause it is going to get cremated. Boy was I wrong. My procedure was done on a Friday, and by Saturday when I woke up I had STARTED. And it was not just discharge, it was an all out perod like I hadn't even had anything done the only difference I couldn't use tampons so had to deal with it with just pads. When I went in for my exam, I wanted a hysterectomy, and I let a mid wife nurse who did my pap talk me out of that and into this plus I had read everything I could read on it and all these women raved like it was the best thing since sliced bread so I thought this will be less down time from work and from my regular daily responsibilities, had NovaSure on a friday and still missed work on Monday because of the bleeding, bloating, and the pain, and the pain meds didn't phase it at all. I can say this I will still get my hysterectomy I will STOP this constant bleeding EVERY 2 weeks.
I wanted to find out if you are doing better after the novasure. I just had mine done 3/15. You are right we go through so much.. I hope you are doing better. please send me a message. I want some positve results from someone...
Yes...I still haven't quite gained the energy I used to have but I'm sure it's because I still have the fibroids and not taking a multivitamin on a regular basis.
I wasn't apart of the 40% (sad face) who no longer have a mensie but it is waaaay lighter.  Really no need to wear anything but a pad or liner.
Sex...let's see.  My drive is the same, it hasn't lessened or anything like that which is a plus.  
How are you?
hi i had a balloon ablation, D&C, and hysterscopy on April 24th 2012. It felt like i was having labor pains when i came out of recovery. even then tylenol with codiene didnt help the pain and i slept for 2 days afterwards. i've been cramping every since and at 1st had clear discharge but has gotten darker and darker and has a foul odor. I went to the doctor today and she told me because she had burned the lining of my uterus( which was double the size of a normal uterus) that the discharge and odor was my body getting rid of the burnt lining. i was told wait 2 weeks to have sex but i'm going to wait till my body heals and the discharge stops. but i am curious about the oral sex. is there a different taste? will it hurt my husband? i really hope this works. she wants me to come back in 4 months.
I am scheduled to have the novasure procedure May 31.  My dr said it could be done at his office (awake but with a vicodin and valium coctail) or done at hospital and be knocked out.  When I seemed more interested in the hospital my dr really made me feel I should just have it done in office.  I had a polyp removed last week and that hurt for 5 seconds I cannot imagine laying there AWAKE with that pain for the 90 seconds the procedure takes.  Has anyone been awake and can you let me know how much pain I can expect.
thanks
I just had the novasure done this past Monday, May 21st.  I had it done in my doctor's office while taking some meds to make me relax and one for pain.  My doctor also prescribed a drug that softens the cervix that I started taking 2 days prior to the procedure and 800 mg of ibuprofen that I started the night before and the morning of.  I have to say the procedure was so easy for me.  My doctor was great,  talking me through every step and telling me what to expect.  I only had mild cramping until the 90 second ablation.  That was a little more painful, kind of like a mild to moderate labor pain.  He told me to take long, deep breaths and he counted down telling me how much longer it would be.  It was not bad at all. When the 90 seconds was over,  the pain was gone.  I would definately recommend the doctor's office.  It kind of takes the "scare" factor out of it.  I came home and slept all afternoon and evening - probably the drugs and really resumed my normal schedule the next day.  I only had some mild cramping the evening after and very little the day after.  I feel completely normal today other then the light discharge.  Good luck.  I hope your experience is as pleasant as mine was.
How are you doing after your procedure?  I am considering having it done and many of the comments date back to 2007 and 2008.  I would like to find recent feedback.
I had a novasure ablation done May 11, 2012. Today is week 3. This first day was SOoooo bad, but as the days went by I got bettee. I still have some good days and some bad days. Some days I feel like my cycle want to come, and BOY do it hurt and make me feel really sick but NOTHING.I just have a discharge. I feel like my body is really to have sex with my hubby but my Dr said "NO" wait until 4 to 6 weeks then I can have sex. My doctor recommended that I see NO discharge before having sex with my hubby. My doctor also stated that having sex to soon can cause an infection, and I do not want that in my life. It'a physical and mental process healing from an ablation. Not long now......
Doing great don't worry and stop reading all the negative feedback. We are all different with different body issues. Novasure worked great on my body. I was afraid but my bleeding was out of control. I had huge fibroids. I  was sore , tender and in pain right afterward. Take about a week to lay around if possible. My bleeding cleared up almost immediately after procedure. I was left with brown discharge that was gone in about a week. I had a few drops of blood around my period  for first 2 months this third month nothing. Some pms but thats OKAY, I CAN HANDLE THAT..
Thank GOD for a great partner. Sex is great no pain or vaginal dryness. Do wait, just to make sure you are healed . 4/6 weeks.
Trust you doctor, ask questions. If I can help you let me know.
Good Luck..
Thanks for your email. I am doing great. I am so happy my period was out of control. I can write a review on every pad out on the market. Sex is great no change except that I dont have to worry about being on my period. I was scared but now I am so grateful to my doctor. The only bad thing is that my medical ***** I have a huge deductible but I needed this done so bad, so I must suffer.
I hope you are doing better.
Just had the novasure procedure and am 1 week post-op.  Procedure went well and recovery is a little more uncomfortable than expected.  First three days were okay with minimal side effects then the forth day i felt really crampy and bloated.  Lots of pressure in the lower abdomin (abdomen).  Lite discharge almost clear in color and no sign of blood yet.  I'm hoping for the best.  One complaint is that my breasts are tender and my nipples are extreamly sensitive and sore.  Has anyone else experienced this too?  
I had the Novasure surgery 2 weeks ago tomorrow and to ALL the NEGATIVE responses I want to ADD a positive. To the people looking to get the surgery and scared because of all the bad internet responses.....NOVASURE has a 95% success rate, the 5% are the negative responses you are reading. I wanted to post a positive because the women who don't have problems aren't on the internet researching they are enjoying the results. Here's my experience....the surgery went really well, the only complication I had (which can happen with any surgury) was from the anesethia, however, after 3 days I was back to normal! My husband and I had sex a week and a half after surgery, he was very careful but it was VERY enjoyable and no issues. I am having the discharge (clear to yellowish) but this is NORMAL people and may last for a few weeks. Compared to have heavy, gross periods, I'll take the discharge any day. My discharge does not smell bad, its a little stronger smelling like when your ovulating but not abnormal. Please don't let the negative experience sway your NOVASURE decision, remember everyone heals differently and the only stories you ever hear, just like customers are usually the negative...100 people can have a great experience and it's the 1 negative that will impact the positive.
Please read my response I posted, my Dr. said to resume when I felt ready and we resumed a week and a half after surgery, it was great! Besides the normal discharge everything is going well:)
I had a D&C, hysteroscopy and Novasure done on 6/13 in the hospital under light anesthesia (I was out).  Doctor said procedure went well--they did remove a small fibroid that we didn't know I had.  She said we'll just have to wait and see.  If I get lighter, shorter periods I will consider it a success compared to what I was going through before.  I rested the day of the procedure and went back to work the next day.  No cramps, light spotting which I hope will end soon.  It's 3 weeks tomorrow and I'm just looking forward to resuming my sex life with my husband.  I go for my follow up next week.  So far--so good!
I hard surgery perform abt 2yrs ago, I was like aa little girl again.  Love ITT im 43 yrs in a relationship, sex is awesome but lately my period came back, it stinks.  It embarrassing
i just had this procedure done june 26,2012 and i was starting to wonder if this discharge is normal--its very annoying because i thought it was my period that started right after the procedure since i was due. i was told that was normal. i see why my doctor said no sex for three weeks--the odor is bad but it is probably because it is a burned smell like everyone says. keep my fingers crossed that it stops--seems everyone else is having this same problem so it gives me a bit of relief--tomorrow is two weeks since the procedure--sometimes it feels like a watery consistancy and not like a normal perios (periods)--anyone else go through this also??
the website says to wait 4 weeks, no sex or tampons - the other posts i've seen have ranged from a week to 4 weeks. I didn't ask my doctor personally before having my procedure done this past Friday but i'm going to go with the 4 week recommendation of the Nova Sure web site.
I had the Novasure done 6 months ago. The procedure itself was no big deal, nor was the healing time. I didn't miss work. I scheduled it all for days I was already off. Now I couldn't be happier. I have had absolutely no bleeding and no pain. It is wonderful. My face still breaks out a little how it did when I had my period and my breasts get tender, especially the nipples. I've always had to wear a pantiliner if not for my cycle, simply because I always produces alot of wetness down there. I finally feel normal and don't need to use pantiliners at all. I think my sex drive has decreased some but that may be circumstantial, I'm not sure yet. I would definitely recommend this procedure to anyone who is thinking about it, if the Dr says ok. I chickened out twice before following through because the horror stories I've read. But in the end I couldn't be more pleased.
I am having the NovaSure next week and I am kinda scared. My husband and I are really hoping that this works to help me. I have had 2 periods every month for the past 8 months, except the last 2 months I have just been bleeding none stop. I can't seem to be able to do anything without bleeding. My Dr. seems to think that this is going to work and I am praying that it does. It is really ruining my life right now. I know that the NovaSure is different for everyone, but how do I know that this is the right choose for me?
Gonna have my Novasure Feb 27th. How has your experience been so far? I have read all the horror stories but honestly my periods have been so horrible the last few years that I don't care. Im tired of bleeding 2 weeks out of every month.
Oh my. After reading the tags on nova sure  I think i will pass. My periods are heavy but bearable , I guess I'm  use to it.   I enjoy having sex w/ my man  don't need the pain or odor.  5/10 years from now or sooner  we'll hear how nova sure can be cancerous.

I just had the NovaSure, hysteroctomy and a D7C yesterday.  Before having this done, I read all these comments and did tons of research but was still terrified but needed help with awful menstrual cycles.  I am going to keep posting updates for others like me to see the progress I make.  Yesterday after the procedures, I had lots of cramping, some severe (which is normal and varies per person).  Today, I am back at work with very slight cramping, very little discharge which is clear to yellow in color.  The pain meds made me dizzy and light-headed but other than that, so far so good.  I will continue to update once a week for those exploring their options.
I had the novasure done just over one week ago! 6/6/14. I also want to say i had minimal cramping and went to work the monday after, and I resumed running 3 days after. My dr said that would be fine. I comepeted in my very first half marathon exactly 8 days after the procedure with no issues, I am 48 and so far am thrilled with the thought of NO heavy periods in my future. Every person is different and had I read these posts, I probaly would not of had the procedure done. SO happy I did not read them! I so far have had no problems!
So interesting to read all the comments :) did mine 17/7, all went perfectly. Cramping still but only slightly. Wish there was more info about sex after, we've tried twice but I'm still very scared I hurt myself.  Dr said to wait till bleeding stopped for sex, which I did but had slight bleeding after mild sex, so we stopped. Will wait another week or so I guess...
Hi my name is nichole, I am thinking about getting the Novasure and I was just curious on how it is doing for you.  I have a big interest in it and would like to get a good feedback before I actually follow through with it.