Sex after NovaSure
I'm probably going to have the NovaSure uterine
ablation procedure done {I hope I'm saying it correctly}. How long after the procedure will it be before I'm able to have sex? I have a new partner, and I realize it differs from woman to woman, but is there a waiting period? My new partner and I both want to know.
I had hysteroscopy, d&c and Novasure yesterday. My doctor said ibuprofen would work fine for the pain. I have pain and nausea so bad right now I can not sleep. I was wondering if this is common?
Just had mine done 2 weeks ago and I'm only having very light discharge; almost gone.

I'm 41 yrs old and the entire year of 2011 had been very challenging. The heavy bleeding.started in August and got worse in September, where I bled heavily for 14 days. October was a lot worse as I would soak up a super plus tampon with a thick pad in one hour. That cycle lasted 15 days with a lot of clotting. Then in the 10th day of my November cycle, I called my doctor who suggested I go to his office ASAP. He did a D & C in the spot without local anesthesia and I swear, it felt like labor pains:(

Had the Novasure procedure done on the 15th of this month and the only discomfort I had was that afternoon after the surgery where I had the worse cramps I've ever had in my life. I made sure I rested the entire week which seemed to help a lot. Been trying to take it to the next level of exercise, but I've been so sluggish and un- motivated.  Guess Imma have to take it slow.  But all in all, I'm very pleased to have gotten the procedure done. Just looking forward to no more heavy blessings or no periods at all.
I had my novasure, hysteroscopy, and D&C procedure yesterday. Woke up for the procedure ready to go home an eat. Had a little mild cramping a few hours afterwards nothing regular over the counter meds couldn't handle. Slept for about three hours and was ready to take on the world again.  I have a light to mild discharge every few hours that a liner is maintaining right now. I'm at work today like nothing happened.

I had began my pre-period night sweat the night before and last night I had none. What a relief not to wake up in the middle of the night soak and wet. My period is suppost to start on the 30th crossing my fingers that i'm one of the women it completely disappears for. My doctor's instructions say no sex for 3-4 weeks but of course a girl had to make sure. He informed me after the discharge ends it will be safe to resume normal activity. :) Should anything change with me I will post again. I am totally satisfied right now.
Had nova sure 6 months ago and no orgasm since, have sex twice a week but I have to fake it pretty much and hope he gets off real fast as the whole pelvic area hurts now.
Well it's been about 7 weeks. All is well for me. I haven't had any complication and the first time I had sext again it was Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat to say the least. Prior to the procedure I would become dry after my orgasm, let's just say I'm not having that problem anymore. I haven't had a period since November. Got my procedure done days before it was due in December. At this point I am happy to say NovaSure is my friend.
Had Novasure about a week ago.  Only mild cramping a slight slimy discharge tinged with a little blood for two days.  Nothing since.  I have had several clitoral orgasms and no issue with dryness although I haven't had any vaginal penitration yet. There was some mild discomfort after orgasm but I don't expect it to last.  I will repost if it does.
I had my procedure in May of 2010. They were going to also remove my right ovary. While the doctor was in to remove my ovary, he notice my tube was full of infected fluid which ended up being the cause of all of my pain. So really I shouldn't of had the Novasure. Every since I have been in pain. When I woke from my procedure I was in the worst pain of my life. I had developed a hemotoma the size of a softball and was laid up for months. Since I have had nonstop pain. I can just be sitting and have sharp pain. I have been with my husband for 15 years, we have 4 kids. Since this our sex life is pretty much nonexistant. Which is very bothersome. When we have sex I am very dry. KY only lasts for a short period of time. At times the pain is bareable. Other times it's so bad that it makes me cry. It not only makes me feel horrible, but my husband too. We're in our early 30's and our sex life can't be over. I have no desire to have sex anymore. He's starting to understand. But it has caused some problems in our relationship. If I could go back I NEVER would of had this done. Yeah it's nice no longer having a period. But not at this cost. Now I have to see a specialist and I'm terrified to have another surgery considering the complications I had with this one.
Hello, I just had the Novasure ablation on 2.15.12.  I did not experience any pain or cramping afterwards (maybe b/c of the meds I was on), the next day I felt a little cramping, nothing major (again I was still taking the meds prescribed- ibuprofen 800 and lortab).  I only took the lortab before going to bed b/c they made me sleep anyway.  As of today (2.23.12) I'm not cramping but have the watery/pinkish discharge.  I read one of the earlier post where they said they had a greenish discharge- stop and contact your Doctor!!!  I will say, based on my history, my period would come every 21 days and last for 7-10 days.  Prior to the ablation, my last period was toward the end of January.  Still no period, only the discharge.
I have a couple of friends who had the procedure two and three years ago.  One is a non-smoker and the other a smoker.  The non-smoker said she had the discharge for a month straight and after that, nothing- no period, no cramping, no bloating, etc.  The smoker said her discharge lasted for two months and after that, nothing- no period, no cramping, no bloating, etc.  They both suggested no sex until after you're completely healed- and that could be after the discharge stops.  Each person is different.  I'd definitely check with the doctor before making that decision.
I just can't wait until the discharge stops, it is such an uncomfortable feeling.  I will try and keep you posted.
Oh, sorry left this out.  I had the D&C, Hysteroscopy in November of 2011, I don't know if it will matter since i didn't have it all at once.  I will let you know.
When I read your post, I couldn't help but think I wrote it???  2011 was the first for me as well.  I was diagnosed with Fibroids in 2010 and it seems like that was the beginning of all the drama and in 2011 all hell broke loose.  I had the D&C, Hysteroscopy in the latter part of 2011 and just the Novasure on the 15th of this month.  
After the procedure, I was fine- no doubt due to the meds I was on but the next day very mild cramps (so I continued taking the ibuprofen and the lortab before going to bed).  The watery/pinkish discharge didn't start until that Sunday and has been going on ever since.  It's the most uncomfortable feeling ever.  My friend said hers lasted for about 2 mos and another said hers lasting for about 1 month.  Neither have had another period and they had it done 2 and 3 yrs ago.  They both suggested no sex or using anything (that will enter the vagina) until the discharge stops.  I sure hope this is worth it.  
I had no energy, was always exhausted.  Didn't want to be bothered with anyone- all the time which is sad because I have 16 y/o daughter and a 6 y/o son.
How has it been for you now that it's been a little over a month since you had the procedure?
yes 4 weeks is the wait time.. and no  Bath for a week  you need to keep the area  clean !..  I had mine done and i had some discharge some bleeding and gone  the bleeding  the pinkish discharge was gone  after a week  sex i have to wait  2 more weeks I see my doc in that time so he will tell me once that time comes when I can resume!
I Had my procedure 3/7/12. Your comment is the most positive,Thank you
Hi, I'm looking for information. The Fibroids started it all for me as well.. Just had my procedure 3/17/12. Im scared Im not reading very many positive postings about sex after novasure. How is your experience..
Thanks for sharing
Hi, I'm looking for information.  Just had my procedure 3/17/12. Im scared Im not reading very many positive postings about sex after novasure. Are you doing better
Thanks for sharing
Hi, I'm looking for information.  Just had my procedure 3/17/12. Im scared Im not reading very many positive postings about sex after novasure. How is your experience..
Thanks for sharing
Hi, I'm looking for information. . Just had my procedure 3/17/12. Im scared Im not reading very many positive postings about sex after novasure. How is your experience..Did it get better
Thanks for sharing
You posted your message so long ago, but I wasnted to reply...THANK YOU for the positve post.. I have a great partner and all of the bleeding was messing up our sex life.. I cant wait to resume our relationship. Thanks again for the positive feedback..
I had mine done on March 16th 2012, and my period was just trying to start a couple days before. I thought this is ONE period that won't even have a chance cause it is going to get cremated. Boy was I wrong. My procedure was done on a Friday, and by Saturday when I woke up I had STARTED. And it was not just discharge, it was an all out perod like I hadn't even had anything done the only difference I couldn't use tampons so had to deal with it with just pads. When I went in for my exam, I wanted a hysterectomy, and I let a mid wife nurse who did my pap talk me out of that and into this plus I had read everything I could read on it and all these women raved like it was the best thing since sliced bread so I thought this will be less down time from work and from my regular daily responsibilities, had NovaSure on a friday and still missed work on Monday because of the bleeding, bloating, and the pain, and the pain meds didn't phase it at all. I can say this I will still get my hysterectomy I will STOP this constant bleeding EVERY 2 weeks.
I wanted to find out if you are doing better after the novasure. I just had mine done 3/15. You are right we go through so much.. I hope you are doing better. please send me a message. I want some positve results from someone...
Yes...I still haven't quite gained the energy I used to have but I'm sure it's because I still have the fibroids and not taking a multivitamin on a regular basis.
I wasn't apart of the 40% (sad face) who no longer have a mensie but it is waaaay lighter.  Really no need to wear anything but a pad or liner.
Sex...let's see.  My drive is the same, it hasn't lessened or anything like that which is a plus.  
How are you?
hi i had a balloon ablation, D&C, and hysterscopy on April 24th 2012. It felt like i was having labor pains when i came out of recovery. even then tylenol with codiene didnt help the pain and i slept for 2 days afterwards. i've been cramping every since and at 1st had clear discharge but has gotten darker and darker and has a foul odor. I went to the doctor today and she told me because she had burned the lining of my uterus( which was double the size of a normal uterus) that the discharge and odor was my body getting rid of the burnt lining. i was told wait 2 weeks to have sex but i'm going to wait till my body heals and the discharge stops. but i am curious about the oral sex. is there a different taste? will it hurt my husband? i really hope this works. she wants me to come back in 4 months.
I am scheduled to have the novasure procedure May 31.  My dr said it could be done at his office (awake but with a vicodin and valium coctail) or done at hospital and be knocked out.  When I seemed more interested in the hospital my dr really made me feel I should just have it done in office.  I had a polyp removed last week and that hurt for 5 seconds I cannot imagine laying there AWAKE with that pain for the 90 seconds the procedure takes.  Has anyone been awake and can you let me know how much pain I can expect.
thanks
I just had the novasure done this past Monday, May 21st.  I had it done in my doctor's office while taking some meds to make me relax and one for pain.  My doctor also prescribed a drug that softens the cervix that I started taking 2 days prior to the procedure and 800 mg of ibuprofen that I started the night before and the morning of.  I have to say the procedure was so easy for me.  My doctor was great,  talking me through every step and telling me what to expect.  I only had mild cramping until the 90 second ablation.  That was a little more painful, kind of like a mild to moderate labor pain.  He told me to take long, deep breaths and he counted down telling me how much longer it would be.  It was not bad at all. When the 90 seconds was over,  the pain was gone.  I would definately recommend the doctor's office.  It kind of takes the "scare" factor out of it.  I came home and slept all afternoon and evening - probably the drugs and really resumed my normal schedule the next day.  I only had some mild cramping the evening after and very little the day after.  I feel completely normal today other then the light discharge.  Good luck.  I hope your experience is as pleasant as mine was.
How are you doing after your procedure?  I am considering having it done and many of the comments date back to 2007 and 2008.  I would like to find recent feedback.
I had a novasure ablation done May 11, 2012. Today is week 3. This first day was SOoooo bad, but as the days went by I got bettee. I still have some good days and some bad days. Some days I feel like my cycle want to come, and BOY do it hurt and make me feel really sick but NOTHING.I just have a discharge. I feel like my body is really to have sex with my hubby but my Dr said "NO" wait until 4 to 6 weeks then I can have sex. My doctor recommended that I see NO discharge before having sex with my hubby. My doctor also stated that having sex to soon can cause an infection, and I do not want that in my life. It'a physical and mental process healing from an ablation. Not long now......
Doing great don't worry and stop reading all the negative feedback. We are all different with different body issues. Novasure worked great on my body. I was afraid but my bleeding was out of control. I had huge fibroids. I  was sore , tender and in pain right afterward. Take about a week to lay around if possible. My bleeding cleared up almost immediately after procedure. I was left with brown discharge that was gone in about a week. I had a few drops of blood around my period  for first 2 months this third month nothing. Some pms but thats OKAY, I CAN HANDLE THAT..
Thank GOD for a great partner. Sex is great no pain or vaginal dryness. Do wait, just to make sure you are healed . 4/6 weeks.
Trust you doctor, ask questions. If I can help you let me know.
Good Luck..
Thanks for your email. I am doing great. I am so happy my period was out of control. I can write a review on every pad out on the market. Sex is great no change except that I dont have to worry about being on my period. I was scared but now I am so grateful to my doctor. The only bad thing is that my medical ***** I have a huge deductible but I needed this done so bad, so I must suffer.
I hope you are doing better.
Just had the novasure procedure and am 1 week post-op.  Procedure went well and recovery is a little more uncomfortable than expected.  First three days were okay with minimal side effects then the forth day i felt really crampy and bloated.  Lots of pressure in the lower abdomin.  Lite discharge almost clear in color and no sign of blood yet.  I'm hoping for the best.  One complaint is that my breasts are tender and my nipples are extreamly sensitive and sore.  Has anyone else experienced this too?  
I had the Novasure surgery 2 weeks ago tomorrow and to ALL the NEGATIVE responses I want to ADD a positive. To the people looking to get the surgery and scared because of all the bad internet responses.....NOVASURE has a 95% success rate, the 5% are the negative responses you are reading. I wanted to post a positive because the women who don't have problems aren't on the internet researching they are enjoying the results. Here's my experience....the surgery went really well, the only complication I had (which can happen with any surgury) was from the anesethia, however, after 3 days I was back to normal! My husband and I had sex a week and a half after surgery, he was very careful but it was VERY enjoyable and no issues. I am having the discharge (clear to yellowish) but this is NORMAL people and may last for a few weeks. Compared to have heavy, gross periods, I'll take the discharge any day. My discharge does not smell bad, its a little stronger smelling like when your ovulating but not abnormal. Please don't let the negative experience sway your NOVASURE decision, remember everyone heals differently and the only stories you ever hear, just like customers are usually the negative...100 people can have a great experience and it's the 1 negative that will impact the positive.
Please read my response I posted, my Dr. said to resume when I felt ready and we resumed a week and a half after surgery, it was great! Besides the normal discharge everything is going well:)
I had a D&C, hysteroscopy and Novasure done on 6/13 in the hospital under light anesthesia (I was out).  Doctor said procedure went well--they did remove a small fibroid that we didn't know I had.  She said we'll just have to wait and see.  If I get lighter, shorter periods I will consider it a success compared to what I was going through before.  I rested the day of the procedure and went back to work the next day.  No cramps, light spotting which I hope will end soon.  It's 3 weeks tomorrow and I'm just looking forward to resuming my sex life with my husband.  I go for my follow up next week.  So far--so good!
I hard surgery perform abt 2yrs ago, I was like aa little girl again.  Love ITT im 43 yrs in a relationship, sex is awesome but lately my period came back, it stinks.  It embarrassing
i just had this procedure done june 26,2012 and i was starting to wonder if this discharge is normal--its very annoying because i thought it was my period that started right after the procedure since i was due. i was told that was normal. i see why my doctor said no sex for three weeks--the odor is bad but it is probably because it is a burned smell like everyone says. keep my fingers crossed that it stops--seems everyone else is having this same problem so it gives me a bit of relief--tomorrow is two weeks since the procedure--sometimes it feels like a watery consistancy and not like a normal perios--anyone else go through this also??
the website says to wait 4 weeks, no sex or tampons - the other posts i've seen have ranged from a week to 4 weeks. I didn't ask my doctor personally before having my procedure done this past Friday but i'm going to go with the 4 week recommendation of the Nova Sure web site.
I had the Novasure done 6 months ago. The procedure itself was no big deal, nor was the healing time. I didn't miss work. I scheduled it all for days I was already off. Now I couldn't be happier. I have had absolutely no bleeding and no pain. It is wonderful. My face still breaks out a little how it did when I had my period and my breasts get tender, especially the nipples. I've always had to wear a pantiliner if not for my cycle, simply because I always produces alot of wetness down there. I finally feel normal and don't need to use pantiliners at all. I think my sex drive has decreased some but that may be circumstantial, I'm not sure yet. I would definitely recommend this procedure to anyone who is thinking about it, if the Dr says ok. I chickened out twice before following through because the horror stories I've read. But in the end I couldn't be more pleased.
I am having the NovaSure next week and I am kinda scared. My husband and I are really hoping that this works to help me. I have had 2 periods every month for the past 8 months, except the last 2 months I have just been bleeding none stop. I can't seem to be able to do anything without bleeding. My Dr. seems to think that this is going to work and I am praying that it does. It is really ruining my life right now. I know that the NovaSure is different for everyone, but how do I know that this is the right choose for me?
Gonna have my Novasure Feb 27th. How has your experience been so far? I have read all the horror stories but honestly my periods have been so horrible the last few years that I don't care. Im tired of bleeding 2 weeks out of every month.
Oh my. After reading the tags on nova sure  I think i will pass. My periods are heavy but bearable , I guess I'm  use to it.   I enjoy having sex w/ my man  don't need the pain or odor.  5/10 years from now or sooner  we'll hear how nova sure can be cancerous.

I just had the NovaSure, hysteroctomy and a D7C yesterday.  Before having this done, I read all these comments and did tons of research but was still terrified but needed help with awful menstrual cycles.  I am going to keep posting updates for others like me to see the progress I make.  Yesterday after the procedures, I had lots of cramping, some severe (which is normal and varies per person).  Today, I am back at work with very slight cramping, very little discharge which is clear to yellow in color.  The pain meds made me dizzy and light-headed but other than that, so far so good.  I will continue to update once a week for those exploring their options.
I had the novasure done just over one week ago! 6/6/14. I also want to say i had minimal cramping and went to work the monday after, and I resumed running 3 days after. My dr said that would be fine. I comepeted in my very first half marathon exactly 8 days after the procedure with no issues, I am 48 and so far am thrilled with the thought of NO heavy periods in my future. Every person is different and had I read these posts, I probaly would not of had the procedure done. SO happy I did not read them! I so far have had no problems!
So interesting to read all the comments :) did mine 17/7, all went perfectly. Cramping still but only slightly. Wish there was more info about sex after, we've tried twice but I'm still very scared I hurt myself.  Dr said to wait till bleeding stopped for sex, which I did but had slight bleeding after mild sex, so we stopped. Will wait another week or so I guess...
Hi my name is nichole, I am thinking about getting the Novasure and I was just curious on how it is doing for you.  I have a big interest in it and would like to get a good feedback before I actually follow through with it.
Was the lining of your uterus thick or thin? Mine is thin, I'm wondering if this is the right thing for me?
Funny had Novasure done 3yrs ago. Only complaint I have is dryness during sex. That's why they make lube. Nothing else changed but not having a period. Which is awesome! Don't let the comments scare you. It almost kept me from doing it until I found out  I know a few people who have had it done and no complaints.
I had my NovaSure done on Monday 11/23/15 which was 4 days ago. I'm still having light discharge but no heavy cramping or nothing like that. So far so good. I still haven't tried having sex and to be honest with you I'm scared so I'm going to wait as long as possible. I will continue to post as I progress with the healing process.
I had a D & C, ablation, and a  fibroid removed on 11/23/15... I had minor cramping, light pinkish discharge for 2 weeks. I had sex 2 weeks later.. I was very dry and continue to be very dry . So we use lube. Sex is great, no bleeding, and my stomach is flatter . So far very happy !!!!
I just had my d&c and abaltion done on 2/3/16. It seems I'm healing well,no bleeding yet and extremly little discharge. The pain was rough the first day but each day has gotten progressively better. I already traded in the pad for a liner. One complaint was not being able to have a bowel movement til three days later, took stool softners to help this along. I was told 6 weeks til sex, probably because of two procedures. I think the docs are being cautious. I have followed all directions and feel better each day. I think this was the best choice vs.a hysterectomy.
Has dryness improved?  No matter how much lubricant used, its very dry.
Has sexual activity improved?