Sex after yeast infection??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Sex after yeast infection??

I had a yeast infection about a week ago, and it has gone away, or so I believe. But yesterday, my boyfriend and I began to have sex, but not even that long there was some of the yeasty discharge that covered his penis. I thought my yeast infection had gone away, because I wasn't experiencing any of the symptoms anymore. So my questions are, when is it okay to have sex after a yeast infection? and Is it possible to just have "left over" discharge in your vagina? I really would appreciate an answer back because I'm starting to get frustrated with this infection that I might still have. Thanks in advance to anyone that posts.
did you use the 7 day treatment? was it the cream that you put in a tube?
i have heard many woman say that the one day, even the 3 day treatment doesnt seem to work and the 7 day works best. maybe you had some of the cream come out and not necessiarly yeast? i know that happens to me a few days later the cream is still coming out and i need to wear a light pad. having sex after a yeast infection could irritate the area if you are "dry" and cause friction. i dont know if it can be passed on to your partner as i have heard conflicting info. about that.
I used the monistat one day treatment with the ovual insert, and I also took AZO yeast infection pills. I mean a couple of days later, after I took the treatment, that's when all the yeasty discharge started to come out. I wore pads to get all the discharge and stuff. But I mean now, there's nothing coming out. I don't have any of the itching or irritation, or burning urination or anything like that. I feel fine, but I'm just wondering if all the discharge will clean out. I mean, should I still go the gynocologist to check it out? I really appreciate your comment. I really need the help. Thanks
is it ok  to have sex with a yeast infection
I used the seven day treatment and it worked just fine...no more symptoms but a little discharge that looks like the cream I was using. My question is....how long after the week treatment do I have to wait to have sex?