Sharp pain in left arm then BLUE VEINS on left arm and chest
I'm really scared. I'm 41 and feel healthy, but do have a lot of heart problems in my family. Today at 11am out of the blue I got a sharp pain in my left arm, it felt like a shot in my arm, about at the elbow/bend in arm where veins are. It happened 2 times within 30 min, then one more time about 1 hour later. When it first happened I started to panic and laid down and checked my heart rate with my Polar HR monitor I use to work out. My heart rate shot up to about 85-100 (not sure if out of panic or symptom, my daytime resting rate is usually about 70). After feeling okay  and laying down for about 1 hour I forgot about it (right when it happened I almost went to ER).  I felt a slight sharp pain again about 90 min. later when taking a shower but dis-regarded it.  THEN...that same night (tonight), about 12 hours later, when un-dressing for bed I noticed that the veins on the left side of my chest, and my left arm, are SUPER BLUE, and dramatically visable - bulging down my chest from the neck area and around my breast, also up and down my inner-arm.  I've never seen veins like this before. The veins are very dark b;ie, bulging and visable. My right arm and chest are completely normal, no blue veins whatsoever.

Did I have a blood clot or something?  What could this be?  

Note:  Of all times, in Nov. '07 I was laid off after 14 years and am on insurance that has a $500 copay for ER and hospital, so I don't want to go unless I have to. I made a "regular" doctors appmt. but can't get in for one week.

Any advise? Should I be worried? Should I take any action? I'm afraid to go to bed.

Thanks,
Rosan
I wish someone had answered this because I am 26, heart problems, noticed bright blue veins and a tightness in my chest and left arm and am also afraid to go to bed.

=(
I had the sharp pains and it felt like someone sat on my chest...it was actually birth control...I have high blood pressure...and I have the blue veins as well...I do deep breathing excersises and take a bayer asprin.