Skin peeling on vagina
There is a thin, pasty layer of skin peeling off my vagina. Is this from having too much intercourse?
Okay so, Today and several days before i have noticed that after i use the bathroom it looks like the toilet paper has rubbed off, Just around the whole general area. Except my butt. & It's really red. But I got a warm wash cloth and wiped it away to see if it was the toilet paper, well it just kept coming back every time i would wipe. I was thinking it would be a yeast infection, I've had one before but right now it's just a little itchy. So I've used some of the cream the doctor gave me before it's made the itchyness go away. but the peeling is still there. I'm really kinda worried what this could mean? I mean i know i'm not the only one worrying about this, Obviously. I just wish i knew what it ment. It was uncomfortably when my boyfriend fingered me yesterday too kinda like a soft scratchy feeling almost? Anyone know what this could possibly be? Thanks.
Wash area with dial antibacterial soap or tea tree soap, or even Doo Gro tingling shampoo works too. Use Shapley's M-T-G!!! or butt paste on vagina area. If it dont clear up for you see a doctor. guaranteed to work inone day with shapleys, and always drink plenty of H20.
I have a very similar problem as most of you on here. Mine all started about 7 1/2 wks after my 2nd son was born. I was diagnosed w/ PID. I was on antibiotics for twelve days, which gave me a yeast infection. The discharge went from being white & lumpy to thin, watery & yellowish in color, my vagina became very raw, it itched, burned & sometimes there would be a pinkish tinge of blood when i wiped after urinating, but no blood in urine & you can forget about sex. I couldnt even bear the pain long enough for my hubby. He has been very patient w/ me thank God. That has been 2 1/2 mths ago & I still have it. I tried every home remedy I came across, became worried b/c i get a yeast infection about twice a year & have since i was a small child, but the symptoms seemed different. I went to the doc, took 2 diflucan pills they gave me, tried over the counter meds & nothing seemed to help. To top it off, I had two new symptoms added to the equation. I had a small paper-cut-like lesion at the top of where my vagina starts in the center, & I was peeling down there as well. My sister-in-law then informed me of something they use for handicapped children who spend there entire lives in bed and/or wheelchairs. I decided to come up w/ my own treatment to rid me of my symptoms & here is what I come up with:
       Soak in a listerine bath: It has to be Listerene brand & it has to be the original brown color for it to be strong enough to work. I suggest buying a couple of big bottles b/c your going to need them. Run you enough water in the tub to cover your vagina & get it as hot as you can handle it. Pour in a cup, or more if you need it, of Listerene into the water. The water should look kind of yellowed & you want to be able to smell the Listerene. Soak in there until the water gets cold. Do this twice a day @ least. You can do more if needed. It does not burn @ all & it helps relieve the symptoms. This is how they bathe the handicapped children to keep them from getting yeast infections as well as clean out there sores & it helps heal quicker too. I pour a little into my sons baths & his sores heal almost completely in about 24 hours or so, plus it keeps them from getting infected. Also, for girls, it can help keep them from getting yeast infections, so you and/or your daughter can use it on a regular basis.
         To treat the symptoms after the bath, pat dry with towel, do not rub. Then you can blow dry it using cool air to make sure it's dry (optional). I put neosporin on the raw parts & the lesion & used vaginal cream as needed for the itching. In just two days, the lesion is gone, my vagina does not burn & it doesn't hurt or bleed when I wipe. There is still a slight peeling going on, but it looks like it shouldn't be too much longer till that's cleared up. Hope this helps give @ least some of you relief. I wish it would work for every women b/c I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, but some of your problems may be worse than a yeast infection. Either way, it wouldn't hurt to try it for a chance of relief. Good luck!
I'm a 17 year-old who's had these types of problems since I was a little girl and thought my experience may help someone. I would get severe itching and burning on my labia usually caused by wiping to hard when I got a Urinary Tract Infection. This would lead to dryness, peeling, and these horid little cuts. Now, I get that same burning and itching after my period, or after I get over a yeast infection, which I get just as often as I used to get UTIs(which were and still are quite frequent).

A remedy for the itching and pain is to take a sitz bath with 6 tbs. of baking soda in enough warm water that the irritated area is completely submerged for 20 minutes 2 times a day. After the bath make sure to rinse off your skin and PAT dry, do not rub. After making sure you are dry, you can use a diaper rash cream, such as Desitin (use the Instant Relief cream) and apply it liberally.

Wear a pair of cotton underwear you don't particularly care about because no amount of washing is going to get the stain the diaper rash cream is going to leave and don't wear any tight pants or heavy clothing (like jeans) until the symptoms clear up. Make sure if you exercise or do anything that causes sweating that you wash off soon after because as the sweat dries the itching is likely to flair up. This is common for me and it usually only takes two or three days to clear up.

I hope this helps.
does anyone elses labia turn a purpleish grey colour when it flares up and then get the pasty peeling skin thing? then the colour turns back to its normal self. thanks.x
It Cant Be Nothing More Than Maybe Yeast Because Im A 15 yr Old Girl And Have That .. Sadly I Have Had Sexual Incounters But I Have Been Teasted For Any Serious Things . They All Came Out Negative And Its Been A While Since Ive Had Sex An I Almost Recently Got These Symptoms . So Nothing Really Major Just Ask You Doctor What Cream You Should Use For Yeast .! Good Luck .
I cant speak for everyone here but my Gynacologist told i had Vulva Dermatitis (which i'm guessing that's probably what most people here have) and given Diprobase cream. I'm going to go back if it gets worse in case it is Lichen Sclerosus which is quite rare so i just want to be 100% sure its not. I was told don't over wash there, wear loose clothing like dresses, use fragrance free soap to wash, avoid shaving there/waxing and DON'T SCRATCH! so yeah, i'm still a bit suspicious about the colour change i get sometimes...could be due to period? i don't know. I think sex can also make it worse due to the skin being sensitive. Hope that helps.
I got both cremes desitin made it dry and made it itch way more and made my skin peal even more A and D works the best its actually relieves it
i just started having this problem a few weeks ago. i'm sixteen i was scared because i'm a virgin and i know it can't be a std or sti. i noticed it on tissue when i wiped, and when i shaved. i don't like hsaring this type of info. with adults. can anyone help?
Mine is not really like dead skin..mine feels similar to little pieces of gum but very very small but there moist and brown..like i could mold it its weird. And it does itch.help
okay hello im new to this but there is blood besides when i have my period it itches,my skin pleels, and some times burn i scared to attend the doctors and im unconfortable telling other around me what should i do???help!!!
I have went to the doctors and they did a culture on me and they said everything came back normal. I have aloy of itchiness and swelling and starting from my pubic bone done to almost my anal is completely dry and peeling. It hurts so bad. I got a topical steroid from my doctor and it still not working. Someone help.
ohkae so0 i had unpr0tected sex lark 3 weeks ago..my 1st time..it was really painful nd t burnt! . .but everythng was fine...til about just a week ago! I felt ths itch in my inner vaginal lips and s0metyms burns. When i checked it out i n0ticed peeling that lo0kd lyk toiletpaper i wiped it didnt go nd tried washng it away, it goes but c0mes back again! Its even 0n my inner butt cheeks s0metimes they itch nd if i scratch too hard it bleeds! I am dead w0rried! Cnt tel my m0m shed bl0w it out of pr0p0rti0n..cnt go to the doc yet..chances are m0m wud fynd out!
***HELP***
Ok...i havee had this white layer of skin that i can just scratch off of the vaginal area no discharge or bumps i get small paper like cuts and this all atrted after i bought and used new tampons. I was do for a depo shot but i had a period for almost 2 1/2 wks so i used the tampons the whole time then i got these symptoms and stopped. It dont hurt to scratch and my nurse told me she thinks i had allergic reaction to the tampons...what should i do?
Is olay good to use for my ichyness around my vagina?? Help pleasse
i am only 12 i am a virgin the last time i used a pad was a month  ago i do shave my private area  ......its been 3 days and inoticed that there is some white stuff peeling off my private part im scared to tell my mom and idkwhat it is.
I recently was on antibiotics for cellulitis and a few days after I started the antibiotic my vagina started peeling it was itchy it just peeled, a day or two later it started to itch I'm off of the antibiotic and I'm not peeling as much and I'm not itchy anymore but I have to small cuts near my cliterus and it burns only when washing my vagina it happened about 2 days ago . I don't know what to do !! Help!
My vagina is very red near my vagina whole, it is also dry. I have no type of discharge, and it only itches after i shave. I don't know if it's because i'm shaving with a razor or not. But i also have two open cuts near my whole. I am bisexual and i have a girlfriend. She either gives me oral sex, fingers me, or i masterbate with a brush. I need help as soon as possible. I am fifteen. I'm really scared :(
If the skin on the inside of your thighs is red it's just a friction burn from your legs rubbing together while walking, the peeling and bleeding comes from scratching, try putting gauze on until it heals also try not to do much walking and keep the fabric of your pants on it by pulling them up to your waist  
My boyfriend and I have been sexually active for a while now, and he is quite large and I am ALWAYS tight. Sometimes it hurts very bad after intercourse, and my vaginal lips even swell up. Well, 2 nights ago we had sex and I became very sore and swelled up. Today, we tried having sex again and i'm STILL sore. I told him to stop and he noticed that around my vagina, there was skin (it looks like skin atleast). It's soft and peeling and pale looking. I would like to know what this is.. if it is an infection? Please help.
i have dry skin around my vagina and it itches a lot, and the skin peels off when i scratch it but it doesnt bleed. it happens about a week after every period and then it goes away after a few weeks. its really annoying and i dont know what to do, any advice?
what is IUD ?
You should contact your doctor (your OB/GYN).  It could be bacterial vaginosis.  It's usually caused by antibiotics, and pretty easy to treat.  There's no reason to let fear keep you from getting a diagnosis and getting better.
Business woman2
External User
Just to add to her comment---
Women use FAR too many hygiene products. As a woman in her forties who has had a host of problems, including hormonal changes and infertility, I can tell you that many of the comments on this page are from women using too many products. If you shave, you irritate the skin, and it itches like crazy as it grows back. If you think you need to douche because of a weird discharge (with the exception of yeast), go see a doctor. It will not go away. You don't need to use soap to scrub yourself. Women are not born dirty. If there is a smell, there is a problem. If you have peeling skin, you are using or doing too much of something. Try avoiding all soap and shaving to see if the area will calm down. It's much like baby skin; the more products you use, the problems you have.
You have a yeast infection, see your gyno immediately. And use condoms
I have this problem everytime i wear pads with my period and i asked my ob and its an allergic reaction to pads...unfortanitly i havent found a pad im not allergic to yet and i get bad pains with tampons! I just try a different pad each time until i can find something that actually works... it ***** bad but i buy the gel a and d ointment and it helps alot! Get the gel though not the white crap..... theres not much u can do but find what ur reacting to lucky for me it only haooened when i got my period so it was easy to get an answer to...hope this helps
If pads & tampons irritate or hurt you, you might want to look into different options. Pads & tampons aren't the only things out there. There are menstrual cups (both disposable & reusuable), and sea sponges, and maybe other things. The cups tend to be either plastic, latex rubber or silicone. The sponges are natural sponges. These options may irritate you less or not at all. You might even find that they are more reliable than pads & tampons.
what if your not having sex and the skin around your vagina is peeling all around what does that mean i'm so confused this is the first for me i'm only 16
I'm 13 and my skin started to peel off around my vagina  last week ,it quickly started to spread to the side of my leg through little blisters lik wen you burn your hand it was realy sore. It didnt peel away dry lik sunburned skin .its startin to scab over but I'm still realy worryed about what it might be. Please help me
Just go to the general clinic FREE && Private and stop guessing since it spread it means it NEEDS additional attention from a DOCTOR!
Might be chafing watch what kind of soap you use some soaps make you dry if they aren't feminine soaps ..ask a school nurses or another adult to help
I spent this weekend at my bf camp we had sex a little under a dozen time. We didn't get to shower cause there was no running water. After the first day we tried having sex but I was not that wet and It felt like my labia got pulled into my vagina. After that my labia has been swollen, kinda itchy, sensitive to the touch and peeling and there looks to be a pasty discharge ( I think may be skin). Pls will someone let me know what they think is happening.
I had the same symptoms, I read about other young ladies say that they have never had intercourse.  So Herpes my not be the reason for the itching, peeling and burning.  I went to se my GYN and was diagnosed as having a very bad yeast infection on my outer vagina.  I was prescribed Nystatin cream, the symptoms stopped. I still get this every now and then, and use the Nystatin and it goes away.  I found that when I use Antibiotics or other certain medications this happens.  I was shocked to hear that you can get a yeast infection on the outside of the vagina.
I'm a kid 12 exactly and my vigina is peeling so bad that it has cracked! Like when you have chapped lips and they crack that has happend to my vigina and it's only the second day. It doesn't itch or burn it only hurts when I wipe after I use the bathroom or my underwear rubs it but I'm really scared and I haven't told my mom because I'm afraid she is going to say I need to see a doctor and I'm not that cool with a random person checking down there I'm not even sure I want my own mom to check please help me I'm REALLY SCARED
I'm 15 and I'm really getting scared ! Not to long ago I had sex and 2 or 3 days ago I noticed that I was peeling down there ! It hurts really bad when I take a shower or when I go to the restroom ! I don't want to tell my mom because I'm scared can someone please help me !!!!  
the exact same thing is happening to me. the burn i get when water touches is something that i can handle and after a while in the shower it doesn't burn anymore. i told my mom about this and she well lets just say didnt help much. she said that its normal and it happens to her too. she didnt tell me about going to the doctor or anything which i am happy bout cause i dont want a random person looking at my vagina. but yea, the previous comments seems to be true to me about it being dry so thats why it is peeling. so i recommend to take a shower everyday ( which you are supposed to do) and try using another body wash. people have different skin and the body wash needs to be soft to your skin.
i hoped i helped :)
1. If it happens right after the use of a new product, or consistently *only* after a bath or shower, look at the products you use, and consider a sensitive skin option.
2. If it just starts happening, it is likely a yeast infection. It doesn't mean you're dirty, or have an STD. You can get over the counter creams that will help.
3. If symptons continue after the applying the cream as directed, see an OBG to get a stronger cream or rule out other possibilities.

I had this when I was 16, not sexually active, and it freaked me out. I weathered through it, not telling anyone. I looked it up now out of curiosity.  I wore tight jeans, and the confined spaces and moisture/heat can cause the infection. Incidientally, lots of sex w/o cleaning up after can trigger it, and synthetic fiber pantyhose/tights can also, as it creates a damp atmosphere.
Don't sit & suffer- it's so easily treated, and so common!
Douching helps, also using the douche bottle after with pure water or use a shower head to wash out inside helped me.

This happened to me from wearing underwear that were too tight at the crutch, g-strings and certain tight girdle underwear or briefs do this. Your vagina is very delicate and sensitive, and when it is aggravated or harassed and constantly rubbed it can become sore and itched among other things.
Buy a shower head that can squirt all the wau up and wash out each time you bathe, that helped me, and you stay fresh all day.
bacteria gathers in the cracks on top of the dead sklin and makes it itch worse.

Douching is NOT recommended by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (ACOG) as well as most physicians and their advice is  that women avoid the practice.

The vagina cleans itself, by producing mucous that washes itself.  
The vagina has a delicate balance of organisms that live in the vagina to keep it healthy and these help by keeping the vaginal environment acidic.
Douching can change this delicate balance.

Douching can also push any infections to go further up into the  uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries and there is a risk that it could cause an ectopic pregnancy.

It is important to wash regularly with warm water using a mild soap or one that has no perfume, baby washes may be fine.  

Never use any normal soaps, bath or shower gels or vaginal sprays.  
When the vaginal skin is cracking and peeling, the balance of the skin has been damaged and this could also be caused by a bacterial or fungal problem.  Moisturising emollients that can be purchased from the pharmacy without a prescription could help to put back the skin oils that have been lost.  A doctor's appointment would be required for a skin swab to be taken to be sent to the laboratory for analysis to ensure that no bacteria or fungus was causing the problem.

Wearing cotton or silk underpants and avoiding wearing nylons and tight clothing will help by allowing the skin to breathe.  Manmade fibres can cause sweating that encourages yeast growth.  

Bathing in a bath with a couple of handfuls of oats can help relieve any skin issues.  

As a home help remedy, natural set yogurt can help to reduce any inflammation, itching or soreness.  This is applied to the outside parts only once the area has been washed and dried gently.

Always wipe your bottom from front to back to avoid spreading any bacteria.

Latex condoms can cause irritation and allergies.  Latex free condoms are available if you experience skin irritations when using latex ones.

A healthy and well balanced diet is important too and include eating natural yogurt if you OK with this.    Too much sugar in the diet and people with diabetes who have uncontrolled sugar levels can also experience skin problems in the vaginal area.  

Any skin cracks in the vaginal area should always be examined by your doctor.
A few days ago it was me and my boyfriend first time having sex we used A Condom the second round we did not and a few days later I started to feel a sharp pain to where it hurts to wipe and wash I looked down there and it was kinda sorta looked like my skin was burned off of my lower vagina And a small spot in my inner but check what does this mean? Is it bad im so scared
Ive had the same thing in the last few days with my boyfriend
It may be that you have got a fungal infection called Thrush.

You can see your doctor who will be able to say whether this is the case and prescribe an antifungal cream for your.  You can also purchase from the pharmacy antifungal creams without a prescription.  Do ask the pharmacist so that you get the correct cream.  

As a home remedy, apply natural set yogurt to your washed (no soap, shower or bath gel) and gently dried area.  This will feel cold and will also be very soothing.

It may be that you were not lubricated enough, so do ensure that you use plenty of lubricant specially made for use on the genitals.  Get your boyfriend to use latex free condoms, as you may have had a reaction to the latex in the condom.

If your boyfriend has had previous sexual partners, it would be a good idea for him to get checked out so that he has not passed anything to you.  Men can still get thrush, but sometimes won't have any symptoms.  Symptoms can sometimes be just itching.

Thank You So Much.. I'm Still Really Scared, But With The Cream How Long Would It Take To Heal, Because At The Moment It's Hard To Wash And Wipe
HI it depends I'm not a doctor but speaking from own experience I just have itching sometimes when I'm off my period or during, now the actual blister outbreak it has been years and have medication just to take when I need it. Speak with a doctor and ask tons of question. Sorry that anyone has to go thru this as well! Have a speedy recovery it's been 5 years since I had an actual outbreak my doctor told me that some women do have often outbreaks and it flares up I guess my body is fighting the virus different. Now I do get random itchy sensation randomly but I also have hpv a strand that dos the cause cervical cancer
Hi, sweetie,  i had the same thing a few months ago, and got rid of it by using sea salt in warm water,  worked like a charm. Buy A&D ointment or lotion,  and apply it daily until is gone. Take a lot of a lot of acidophilus not stop like Azo,  etc., that would help keep your immune system healthy,  and it keeps yeast infections,  and other itchiness away. Try to buy organic soaps without glycerin. Hope this helps.
Hi, thanks for your post. Could you please tell me what is A&D cream/ointment?
Hi, sweetie,  i had the same thing a few months ago, and got rid of it by using sea salt in warm water,  worked like a charm. Buy A&D ointment or lotion,  and apply it daily until is gone. Take a lot of acidophilus non stop like Azo,  etc., that would help keep your immune system healthy,  and it keeps yeast infections,  and other itchiness away. Try to buy organic soaps without glycerin,  or fragrances  since you maybe too sensitive or allergic to those things. If by any chance,  hopefully never,  you start to have foul odor,  green discharge,  too much pain, or fever,  you need to be taken to the hospital since it can be a very dangerous infection. Hope this help.
Everyone who thinks the answer is pads or something listen it could be so but I have this issue going on and look it up there is a rare skin disease called lichen sclerosus it is mainly on the vulva and it's a white patch of skin or patches that are itchy skin is peeling etc. it could last for years or be lifelong there is no cure but can be helped with creme or mostrizer but be sure to go to the doctor for more advice
Hi im 17, On my vagina lips  it's a white patch of skin and patches that are itchy,sore,stinging and begining to peel of? Iv ended up taken the skin of as it was hanging and is like a grase, when you fall over it leaves that bit of skin thats sore and cant touch?? i know it sounds disgusting but im really scared and its really uncomfortable for me now iv applied creams (clotrmazole) and fam fresh and it eases but is still really sore and doesnt seem to be going? But im a paranoid person..and stubborn as i dont fancy going to a doctor when its embarrassing? Wondering if anyone can help of had the same experiance as om beginning to panic and sick of the stinging everytime i move or touch??? Please help?

I noticed some itching and discomfort. Very very slight discharge but lots of itching from the opening of my vagina to up above my anus.

After a few days of dealing with it and hoping it would go away I had a look and noticed that the skin on my labia right up and in about a 5cm radius of my anus was red, looked raw (but is not painful or actually raw skin) and had soft flaky white skin all around the edges with a small almost pimply rash around the edges! Help me