Small white sores in the vaginal area.
So I had intercourse for the first time on 1/23/13. We used protection. About 5 days later, my vaginal area started to itch really bad. The next day, a bunch of small white sores (I suppose they look like small canker sores) appeared all around the vaginal area, on the labia, and has even spread down to the anus. Fearing the worst (herpes), I went to get tested for STDs, however I do not get the results until 2/13/13. The doctor said I definitely had a really bad yeast infection and herpes was possible although unlikely. She said the sores didn't typically look like herpes sores. I was given 2 doses of fluconazole, 2000mg metronidazole, and 1000mg azithromycin and sent on my way.

It's been 4 days since I saw the doctor and none of my symptoms have gotten better. If anything, the pain has gotten worse down there. I'm in pain constantly. I decided to visit another doctor today to get a second opinion and the doctor said, and I quote, "It's hard to say. But it does look like herpes. And definitely no yeast infection." I was given valtrex.

It's frustrating to have 2 doctors practically contradict each other. I'm guessing IF I did have a yeast infection, it cleared up by the time the 2nd doctor saw me thus him saying no yeast infection.

So I want other health care professionals' opinions on this.

Recap & Symptoms:
-My partner says he is STD free (Well that's what he told me.). However, I know he has been with a lot of people.
-We used protection. It was my first time having sex ever. It was really rough and painful. (Well canker sores do come from physical trauma...)
-I'm 20 years old with no history of yeast infections or HSV1 (My family and I have never had a cold sore outbreak ever)
-Lots of vaginal discharge. White/clear and watery. Also brown/yellow/red a bit w/ "cottage cheese" consistency.
-The sores I mentioned.
-Constant burning/pain sensation especially when I urinate.
-Foul odor from the discharge.

Wow what an essay. If this turns out to be HSV2, I just have the worst luck ever lol.
-Gemma
Could u have possibly had a yeast infection with some kind of latex allergy. Have u ever been tested for a latex allergy? Hives can leave a painful lesion if irratate. Cottage cheese like substance could be yeast or bacteria vaginosis which are both natural occuring in womans bodies and can cause simialr situationsand both can cause a smell. The buring when peeing is normal with yeast infections and bv as the skiin gets very sensitive from the itching and from the yeast. Good luck
I don't think I do have a latex allergy. I wear latex gloves just fine.

Would peeing on the sores slow down the healing process?

And I'm not itchy down there. It was only itchy on that 1 day I mentioned.
I just went to the bathroom and noticed that my left vaginal lip is swollen. Double the size than normal. UGH.

-Gemma.
I was in the exact same situation 2 weeks ago! Same symptoms and everything i thought the worst. The doctor said the same thing to me that I had a really bad yeast infection but can't tell if the sores are definitely herpes (my partner claimed to be clean too but who knows) so she took a culture. I got my results back and they were negative for herpes. My symptoms went away after a week, but no one could tell me what it is! It might be a latex allergy or reaction to sex thats all they could say, but your condition sounds a lot like mine and it wasn't herpes!
Interesting...Thanks for the comment. It's given me some hope that I might not have herpes at all. (Although I'm done grieving and is SOO over the fact that I might have herpes)

I get the culture/STD results in 2 days so we shall see.

A week after I started this thread, all my symptoms seemed to vanished as well.
Well I hope everything comes back negative..
Well just in case if anyone is curious, I got my results back and I am indeed positive for herpes :'(

I don't know if its HSV1 or 2 though.
I'm sorry hun about the bad news. I'm glad u updated. How are u feeling emotionally? And how is the outbreak doing?
if u need to talk message me this must be difficult