Sore in the genital area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Sore in the genital area

I had a lump in the genital area. After a few days it oussed pus and blood. Then cleared up a week later a have another one.
Same deal hard at first still hard around the area now oussing pus and blood. Went to the doctor and was told it wasn't herpes but she doesn't know what cause it and thinks it may be infected glands. Anyone have any ideas? I have reach menopause.
Does that mater?
well, i had just what you described. it was like a cyst but mine was on the side near my vaginal lips. it HURT and especially when i walked. it got bigger and turned purple. i went to the dr. and she said its a barthomews? cyst. nothing to worry about. just put a hot cloth on it as often as possible to drain it. do not squeeze it. it will hurt more. i only squeezed mine when i could see that it was ready (came to head) i know.. gross but it felt SO much better. that was the worst time i had it but it came back again a couple of times mostly when im getting my period though.
I have the same thing but it's on my inner thigh.  I thought it was a like a blood pimple or something like that, because it comes to a head, but its almost all blood.  It turns purple and hurts a lot.  They're not fun at all.
do you think yours could be an ingrown hair? try not to pick at it or squeeze it.
omg i'm so glad to find someone with this same problem.
i get sores exactly like you describe. i've gotten them since i was in my teens. i'm 48 now. doctors have never really been able to explain what they are. i get them more often right before my period starts & especially any kind of genital massage. sometimes it's just 1 sore & sometimes it's clusters of 3 or more. they start out as hard bumps under the skin & mature to boil like sores that are VERY painful. when they get to the boil stage i pop them but they seal & sometimes i have to keep popping them so they drain & start to heal. i also try to keep them very clean & dry as they drain. i use witch hazel to clean them. i'd really like to know what causes this. i'm thinking maybe they are lymph nodes that are irratated easily but i wish i knew why. this is very embarassing to say but i'm not sexually active & haven't been for some time so i do masterbate. these sores are really a problem because i get 1 very close to my clitorous almost everytime i masterbate. it worries me that these sores will appear more if i meet someone & become sexually active with him & cause problems in our sexual relationship. has that happened to anyone else? any knowledge or advice from doctors would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!
atleast now i know i'm not alone(not that i wish this on anyone else)
thank you all
I have a boil on the inside of my vaginal lip and its been worrying me.  I was afraid it was cancer!  It's red and painful and I've never gotten it before in my entire 23 yrs.  Although, my period is coming.  Maybe its ok not to be so worried?  It sounds like what you guys are describing...
Thank goodness! finally some people who might be able to help me.
I admit i'm too embarrassed to see a doctor about this problem, as all the GPs around here are male and I dont really want to have to see a gynacologist.

I'm 22 years old and still a virgin, I dont masturbate often though - maybe once a week.

Yet somehow a few months ago I found the same thing on my genetals. what seemed like a hard lump formed under the skin, and shortly thereafter became highly painful and began to purn purple. After having a quick go at it, it popped and i was both amazed and utterly disgusted to see puss and blood just... oozing out of it. But the pain was gone so i was pleased.

Now only a week ago, it seems to have come back again just as sore and "full" as ever and I seem to have to 'drain' it almost daily. Worse still is i just found one after my shower on the under side of my breast! Being DD they are quite large so how long its been there i dont know! I've now drained it too (after much pain) and bandaged them both.

Could anyone PLEASE tell me what these horrible things are and how to deal with them? I hate being so naive about my own body!
I still have mine and it is soooo painful.  I did some research on it and it seems to be normal.  It has to do with an over production of hormones.  

Sheyla: I share your thoughts on going to the doctor.  I am the same way so I know what its like to have that be your last resort.  Since you are a DD and its summer, you are most likely getting sweat pimples that are becoming infected.  The only think I can really tell you is maybe wash your body with an antispetic wash (not in the nether regions though) a couple times a week.  I used to get them on my arms and other places but since I began using the antiseptic wash a few times a week, I havent had a problem.  As far as the bump on your genitals, the only thing I can really say is keep it clean and apply hot compresses to it.  I hope it helps!  And if you need anything, my email is ***@****
I don't know if this will help anyone, but you may be carrying staph on your skin. You may also be getting it from your partner (the people who sleep in the same bed etc.) Staph can happen anywhere you have really dry skin or wounds... around the genital area, under the arms, in the nose or even on the face if you have a pimple. What starts out as a little puffiness ends up as big throbbing sores that hurt to touch. These sores are generally hard to begin with and then later are a little softer. Sometimes they open up and drain, sometimes it takes forever. There are a number of things to do to get rid of staph: 1. go to the doctor and get antibiotics (bactrum for 10 days) and some ointment for the lesion and also for the nose since this is where we usually carry staph (bactroban). It will cost about 96.00 (usd) without insurance. 2. wash everything... this means sheets, towels, clothing... everything that you have come in contact with. 3. go to walgreens and get a soap in a green bottle with white writing called Hibicleans -- its over the counter in the first aid section-- this is a great product---- have everyone in your household wash with it, it will kill the staph on your skin-- it doesn't smell bad either. 4. If your lesions don't rupture and drain after about 5-7 days, go back to the doctor and have them lance it, it will fell 100% better once it opens up and drains. 5. Remember that staph is an infection so if you have a child with it be sensitive to the fact that they feel like ****. The infection makes you feel as though you have the flu and can put you down for a couple days. Just do the best you can and things will get better very quickly!
Hi, I have a bump, that is flesh covered,(pea sized) on my genital area but away from my vaginal lips. I don't know what it is but I'm afraid to guess. When I got out of the shower this morning I noticed it oozed white pus. The area around this bump is tender a little swollen. I have just found out that cysts run in my family but I'm afraid that it could something else like herpes or hpv! I really do need a clue. I so no symptoms of an std and have never had one but I heard that the symptoms can be elusive. I've recieved unprotected oral sex a few times but never had unprotected vaginal sex. I guess it could be folliculitis but I'm just not sure...
Hi....I have the same problem.....not exzactly the same but close....I am afraid I have Herpes..but I seached it and it said its many bumps and not just one....but u see my problem is that I have only been with one person in my life and I am his first also. So i do not think its any STD. I have a bump and at first it was just a little sore that looked like a pimple and i squeezed it...then nothing came out and it started to swell a little after that. I took a shower before i noticed it and had sex...then after sex it was there. I keep thinking maybe ...i know this sounds gross...but maybe a open pore got fluids in it and it caused it to swell on top of me squeezing it did not help much.....now it is the same size as it was after i squeezed it...its red and it hurts. When stuff did come out of it...it was puss clear and blood...mostly blood...then puss....it is still there and hurts probably from me trying to squeeze it....I am very worried it could be something like herpes.....It didnt itch and there was no rash...like it says for herpes.....It is one swolen bump that i pop open and the same stuff everyone describes comes out. This is my second or 3rd time getting it. Does anyone think i may have herpes or just another infected bump?Please help. The only difference is that i am sexually active and everyone else seems to be not.....please help
No worries - this can recur and it is more than likely staph as mentioned above.  The area you mention is prone to this due to moisture, bacteria, friction, etc.  It is critical to wash with antibacterial soap as mentioned above.  It is not herpes, STD, etc.  I have had this problem on and off for several years and mine always feel better when I lance it - i know - you shouldnt mess with them, but it seems to relieve the tremendous pain.  I would ask your doctor about staph in the genital area.  Mine appear on my inner thighs, inner and outer labia at various times.  I can go months without one and then have a couple in a matter of weeks.
http://www.hivinfo.us/staph.html
omg this is actually good for me to know. I shave my vaginal area completly bald down there, and there's like little bumps but no problem right??? It's from shaving i beleive,but i've caught this hard bump....like right next to my inner thigh,but on the outside of my outer left vagina lip. And i've been so worried on what it could be...i can't really talk to my mom about it because we're not "that close" even if i do she'll say i have some std from being a *****, but besides that it feels like a rock,but doesn't hurt me at all. So i'm glad to know it's not an std ^_^ Thnx.
It could be Hiradenitis suppurativa - check it out on the web.  This is what I have, sounds like what most of you are describing.  It took a while for the doctor to figure it out.
I have the exact same problem. It feels like a rock and its two little bumps right next to each other. I noticed it when I got out of the shower. I shave around my genital area, so I thought it was something else because I have never seen it before. I looked up all signs of herpes, and it didn't sound like it. just a little painful bump. I picked at it and thats when it started to hurt. I am not a virgin, but all have been protected sex. I haven't had sex recently or enough, so I am guessing its a cyst.
I have had a pea size hard cyst in the vaginal lip area for nearly 8 years. Yesterday it grows to the size of a small gumball.  Hard and hurts some when touching.  Does this sound like a boil?
About 4 days ago, my vagina starting inching really really bad and is sooo painful it put me in tears. 2 days after this, when i woke up my stomach hurt so bad and i went to the bathroom and there was so much blood. i figured it was my period (ALTHOUGH IM NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE IT FOR ANOTHER WEEK AND A HALF) but now im worried because is so heavy. its really unusual and its still so painful and itching like crazy. its also swollen. im really need help. please.

someone please please help me.
thanks.
Hi.  I think I have a similar problem but I'm not sure if its the same and i'm worried that it might be herpes.  I have this sore on one side of the vaginal outer lip that started as just a hard lump. then after a few days it became an open sore that looks like a canker sore if anyone's ever had those.  it really hurts and is sort of enlarged.  There isn't really anything to "pop" in terms of blood and pus but there's this white coating.  I looked at descriptions of herpes too and it doesn't seem like it because there's only one, but i'm worried.  I've only ever had protected sex but oral sex a few times unprotected.  any ideas?  Occasionally I get head-like lumps on my inner thighs as well.  I don't get cold sores, though I used to get canker sores a lot.

Thanks for any help!  
Hi, I've had this problem for nearly a week now. I thought it was normal because I had my period around the time i noticed it. But I have two spots right above my vagina's lips, somewhat near my underwear lines. now its not this same problem, but its inside me. I've never noticed this with a period before, and I don't have my period anymore. So I'm not sure if its just swollen or something but I'm really worried about it. If anyone knows anything that would be great! Also it hurt more when I had my period, and only hurts now when I press on it. :/
this sounds very much like what im going through right now, im only 21 yrs old, and ive been going through this since i was about 15, one GYN told me that the culture he had taken came back as MRSA, a staph infection, it cleared up for a minute but it came back, this is so depressing and i just don't know what to do. i get these hard lumps under my genital areas sometimes 2 or 3 at a time but in different areas, sometimes puss comes out and sometimes it doesnt, i had to have one of them surgicly removed because it had gotten so big and painful, im just tired of this and no doctor is telling me why i am going through or what is wrong with me...Do you guys?
Hi to all of you out there. I too have a lump on the left inside of my vaginal lips. I am 65, so age has nothing to do with it. I am told. Check into Bartholin's Gland cyst.  this may be your problems. but, what ever you do, GO TO A DOCTOR.  this could be nothing, yet it could be something bad, and if you put it off, well,  we should all want to take better care of our selves, especially with our organs.  
I am so relieved to find other women sharing my same problem. I had this bump come up, it hurt (SO BAD) to where I could sit or walk comfortably. I was worried that it would just get worse and worse. Today when I got out of the shower it was oozing puss and blood! I was disgusted, but it felt so incredibly better. I just checked it again and it's STILL oozing. That can't be good I'm thinking. I'm 18 and I haven't been to GYN yet. I'm nervous and I don't want to think about it being Herpes or some STD! I was tested for all STDS after my rape last year, all came back negative. I haven't had any unprotected sex since, and very little at that. I'm hoping it's just the clogged pore? What do you women recommend to help it heal?
How to get rid of boils,even in your private areas. First take a really hot bath which will open your pores up then take alcohol on a cottonball and rub the area real good. You have to do this once to twice a day and it will cause the skin on the boil to thin and rupture. It usually only takes 2-3 days of this for that to happen, My gynecologist wife taught me that trick.
agree with Iris hot as you can take bath soaks will draw the "cyst, or bump" to a head..epsom salts in the water help too,,,,,be careful,,,, a Bartholin's Gland cyst can in some cases make one ill,,it happened to me I was quite ill for 2 weeks had to go on heavy antibiotics  some" toxins" had gotten into my blood,,,,,another thing besides taking hot baths and dealing with at home is

go to any clinic,,,they will lance(cut) and drain the boil,,it only hurts for a few seconds and the relief after was worth it to me I was advised to do the salt water baths after to preven infectio...these are common Ladies   if in doubt of course rule out STDs
I have had a few that reoccur on my inner thigh... im really worried im 19 and have had multiple sexual partners, but we alwyas used condoms... mine is red and swollen and when i squeezed it puss and blood came out. However, mine was not very painful like you guys described! So im wondering if it is something different or if its on my inner thigh so it doesnt hurt as much?? Does anyone else have them on their inner thigh?? I have had a staph infection in my sinuses a year ago so idk if that would be why...
Hi, Anyone heard of the opposite of a bump? .A recurring open sore with some depth in a woman's genital area? My girlfriend get one in the same place regularly and it never fills in and heals. It is not accompanied by any other herpes lesions or sores. It goes a half inch deep or so and is painful. She is from eastern europe and the doctors she has seen don't know what it is.
Dear  No worries, colet, I don't know your identities or whether you are checking up to this site up to now.  Thank you very much for your information on Sep 11,and  Sep 24 , 2007 .

I have had the same problem over 15 years now and was so afraid whether this is an STD. I had not have any sexual attachment until I got married to my husband and he is healthy. But I was sexually abused whn I was a small child  ( 6 yrs old ) and I haven't told my husband any thing about that horrid incident. From the day that I noticed these things ,that  is about when I am 15 years old ,the fear that these things could be a STD has haunted me.

Now I am so much revealed. Therefore I cannot thank you both enough.

Hey everyone, I was looking for answers about this problem that just happened not to long ago, about 4, 5 days. I have a few lumps around my vaginal lips and below the opening of it aswell, I am young so I have no idea what this is, When I first knew they was there is when I went to the restroom and it started to burn badly, So I went to pat it off dry and it felt a sting when I tried to, and so I looked to check it would and I had a few lumps around my vaginal lips on the bottom on the enterance of it, It scared me at first but then I thought it might be a few ingrown hairs so I got the twisers and pulled all the hairs that I thought was causing the problem [which hurt like HELL] but after awhile of letting the puss come out, it felt kinda of better so I patted it down with ice water which was painful, and put some antibiodic on them and it felt abit better aswell, So I left it. And the next morning they still was there and it was hurting, So I tried to squeeze the puss out of it, and I dont know if I squeezed to hard or it was bleeding on its own, I couldn't tell, When I sit down it hurts so bad and it kinda hurts when i walk also, I am scared because My boyfriend and I was having sex and I told him not to insert himself into my vagina but he slipped and it went inside of it, and it started up like 3 days after it, So I am very scared that he might have something and he as not told me and it is std?? I am scared to death about it, I am too scared to go to anyone and take me to the doctor and get it checked out, So please give me a reply back on this problem.
i myself have been dealing with this prob. for many yrs.  i am in my late 40s, had a hystorectomy but kept both overies--HORMONE PRODUCERS!!  i always got these boils about a wk. before my period-anywhere from 1-7 at a time.  i still get them-i think because i still have my overies.  another reason that i believe these are related to hormones is because i was on the depo shot for about 2-3 yrs. before my surgery & never got a boil!  as soon as the shot was dc, the boils started again.  however i read one comment about a place resembling a canker sore.  i too had a place like that just outside the vag. opening.  i noticed it because it slightly burned upon wiping after urination.  gyn told me it was nothing to be concerned about but ck'd for any std.  all neg.  said no need to culture it.  i didn't feel good about that decision, so i went to a gp. (i'm a nurse, worked with this dr, & had much confidence in him).  he did a punch biopsy & yes, it was cancerous, carcinoma in situ.  thank God Almighty for gut feelings!  as for the boils though, they are just something we have to deal with i guess, cause i've been to several drs. & they tell me this is a common prob in women, not to worry.  to all of you......i feel your pain!!!

I am a 24 yo female. I just had what I thought was the same boil you guys speak of. It was so swollen like an abscess it started out small and got huge. After a couple hot baths and 2 days later while I was using the bathroom at school it just started oozing whitish pus and blood and kept on oozing. Although me and my partner are monogamous I am worried it might be herpes. The fact that I had muscle pain lower back and buttocks during this ordeal makes me think it might be herpes. Although not that it burst it looks more like an open sore lesion with a hardish lump right beneath. Also I think I may have cold and flu like symptoms while this happened. Someone please right back and tell how the abscess/boil looked after it oozed out the pus and blood and if you had any flu like or muscle aches during the ordeal?

Thank YOu
OMG I think I had the same kinda issue...  I had this lowkey bump at the very inside top of my vagina and I was FREAKING out that it was genital warts or Herpes! I popped it one day and blood came out... Then it got rele small and looked lyk a popped pimple... Im scared too go to da DOctor tho! I wld be devistated if it was an STD!!!
~*17 yeard old*~
OMG THANK HEAVENS IT AIN'T HERPES! i've had these FREAKING things 4 about 2 years now and they're SORE AS HELL. jUST recently i got one right next to my a**hole. I haven't been able to walk or sit properly, soooooooo uncomfortable, even when i move just the slightest bit. I can't pop it coz it hurts WAY too much, so i'm not sure if its been oozing, but i've had these things b4 and kno that they'll probably go away. Finally i've found the cure!

THANX!
Hello All,
I to suffer from these things. I have had a vaginal sist which is called a barthmoemew sist or however it is spelled. I had this sist since I was a teen and have had no problem with it untill just resently. It became harder, swollen and Painfull. It is between my vagina and but so it is really in an area that it is noticeable. I went to the ER with it and they told me that it was a staff infection but turned out not to be MRSA. Now this was just like 2 months ago and now I have another inside of my nose. Now I work in a Nursing Home and my husband gets staff infections on a regular basis.. He gets them almost every 2 months. So we are very careful, keep them clean, Wash them with the soap that surgeons would use to prepare a patients skin. Also wash linens dailey, keep them covered when seeping, DO NOT HAVE SEX!!!!!! I honestly believe that this is how I got the staff infection from him. Him having an the infection in his system and transfering it through kissing, other body fluids and skin to skin. Now they say that staff lies dormant under your arms, in the genitil area and your feet. It is a bacterica it likes warm dark areas!!!!!!!!!! They say it can also live on toliet seats!!!! Clean Clean!! Thanks and I hope this helps. Oh at the nursing home when anyone has staff they have to eat and drink on paper plates and cups and utiecils... They also stay away from other people...
Just wanted you all to know that I have just started having boils near my vagina and the best remedy I have found is using black salve (also known as Ichthammol Ointment 20%). Its very cheap and can be found at any pharmacy. You don't have to have a prescription for it, just ask for it. When I first notice the boil I wipe and clean the affected area with an anti-bacterial soap (make sure you don't get any internally (it will burn)). After cleaning the affected area make sure that its free of any debris or maybe the stuff that came off of the washcloth that you used to clean the area with. Then apply the sab to the area and cover it with a band-aid or gauze. You want to do this because more than likely if you plan on putting on clothes, the sab will stain. Once you apply the bandage you want to wear LOOSE fitting clothing. You don't want anything that will irritate the area more. Usually, overnight, my boils come to a head and bust. Its very nice and relieving. If by chance they bust overnight like mine does you may want to apply the sab again the next day just to make sure. The sab draws it out. You can google it just to read the facts yourself if need be. Its GREAT! Works well on boils, acne, open wounds or anything that needs to be drawn out (like splinters including wood and metal in the hands or feet or where ever they may be).

I hope that this home remedy helps many women on here if you haven't found a cure yet.
These are not staph infections!!! they are genetic problems that develop during the teenage years and continue on... These are not caused by poor hygene either! This is genetic guys! Blame your Mom or Dad. Lol. Just the genes you have :( The skin disease that cause them is called: Hidradenitis suppurativa. Google it.

"Hidradenitis suppurativa is a chronic skin disease characterized by recurrent boil-like lumps (nodules) under the skin. The nodules are inflamed and painful. They tend to break open, causing abscesses that drain fluid and pus. As the abscesses heal, they produce significant scarring of the skin.
Nodules are most likely to form in the armpits and groin. They may also develop around the anus, on the buttocks, or under the breasts. In some cases, nodules appear in other areas, such as the nape of the neck, waist, and inner thighs.
The signs and symptoms of hidradenitis suppurativa appear after puberty, usually in a person's teens or twenties.
The recurrent nodules and abscesses cause chronic pain and can lead to self-consciousness, social isolation, and depression. Less common complications of hidradenitis suppurativa include severe infections, restricted movement caused by a buildup of scar tissue (fibrosis), and a type of skin cancer called squamous cell carcinoma."
im soo glad i got online and researched on it i was soo worried i had herpes but as some of the women have said they have the vaginal boils and some were virgins and others only have been with their husbands im afraid i have been sexually active but was too embaressed to go to the doc im hoping someone will tell me if there is a permanent cure for this?
Hello, i have had this condition since i was an early teen. i remember by first boil. It is definitely a bacteria the resides on the skin. they look and feel terrible, i know how everyone here feels, unattractive and unclean. but please do not fret. you are not alone. as a sufferer for 17 years, i think i have finally found the answer to this. anyone out there who needs someone to talk to, please email me at ***@****. and please don't beat yourself up, you're going to be ok.
i know aquarius at gmail. com
Hello all I am so happy to know that I am not the only one who has these problems. I have been having this since my early teens and I never knew what it was. Like others it only comes around when its time for my period and then I dont have any problems. I pretty much can tell exactly when Im going to start my period b/c of them. I use the boil ease products on them to help them come to a "head" and then once it does pop I keep it clean and keep it covered with with some ointment on it.
Hi All! My mother, my sister, and I all have these abscesses. I thought I was the only one when I got a boil in my groin area when I was like 12. So very embarrassing! Over the years I discovered both my older sister and mother get them too. Darn genetics!

Recently, I have been religiously using neutrogena 2% salicylic acid "body clear body wash". It smells a tad medicinal, but they just came out with a slightly better smelling pink grapefruit one. I also started using benzoyl peroxide wipes (stridex makes some but they can get expensive http://www.stridex.com/power_pads.htm) or ointment (10%) a couple times a week too.

I have noticed that the regular chemical exfoliating and light sloughing of the skin helps prevent the boils from getting really bad. They still occur, but nearly as much. I find they don't get to the point where they need to be drained. Be sure not to irritate your skin too much, as that can aggravate them more. Also FYI, if you use the benzoyl peroxide make sure it dries before you put anything on or lay in your bed - it bleaches fabric.

Hope this helps!
I have the same problem and was SCARED that it was Herpes or something, I went to the Doctors and to my relief it WASNT!!!  I usually get them right before my period or right after my period along my panty line. Doctors Really don't know what it is, but after doing some research I concluded that it is from over production of hormones. I also did some research and found that Tunic Powder works for this. It has an anti-inflammatory which stops the boils from popping up. I purchased it from an Indian grocery store and it ONLY cost about 3.00, It is ABSOLUTELY the worst tasting thing EVER!!! I usually mix 2 tablespoons in to a glass of juice ( usually apple, or orange) and CHUG CHUG CHUG, Non stop because the way the taste is OMG u just want to get it over with!!! When i first started i did 2 cups a day till i seen that the boil had disappeared it was fully gone in about 3 days, the next month I didnt have any problems about 3 months after i started to feel the beginning stage of a boil coming so i took some more of the tunic juice mixture and the boil NEVER formed! Tunic Powder Honestly works, some people even make a paste like consistency and puts it directly on the area, i personally dont like that because it leaves a yellow stain on your skin and i havent seen any results with it this way. I also bruise dark so i had marks around my panty line that i just HATED i purchased AMBI lighting cream and apply it to the dark marks in the morning and at night and have seen AMAZING results!!! HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL, BECAUSE NONE OF US SHOULD BE INSECURE ABOUT OUR BODIES IN THAT AREA!
Lol Sorry guy i meant TURMERIC POWDER!!!!!  I was about to go shopping and for some reason put Tunic instead!! lol
OMG I am so glad I found this site. I have had this boil like thing since I was like 8 WAY before I started being sexually active. It is so disturbing and scary. I did not have it for a few years after I had sex for the first time when I was 20ish. Then got one late 20s and started freaking out that I had herpes. Even though these boils are a bit different from what the herpes lesions are like from what I read. But it still has freaked me out. I never wanted to ask my DR about it cause I just did not want to know. So I just abstained from sex. Then asked a partner about it and he said you know if you had HERPES you would know. You would have passed it along at some point and then I did ask my DR who said none of my symptoms or checks match. Such a relief to find this site and read all the messages.
And i thought i am the only one... the cyst is so painful and to add to it I have a 9 month old baby to take care of. Its so difficult to carry the baby. GOD please help us all
i have one that is very deep under the skin. i have never had one before. do you think that i should still pop it? there is nothing on the outter part, you cant see anything but i feel the lump and the pain! PLEASE HELP. only 16 and dont want to go to a doctor.
I need help ! I recently found this lump by my bakini line . It hurts when I walk & sit down . Or when my clothes come in contact with it . I think its an ingrown hair caused by tight panties but I got it during my period. My mom messed with it & it got more swollen . So I went to the gynecologist & he said it looks like herpes . I've looked up everything on herpes & I looks nothing like it. I don't even have the symptoms of herpes & I haven't been sexually active for quite some time. But he gave me an antiviral pill & it doesn't seem to be working , I still feel pain. I clean it and put gauze on it . This morning it seems the hard lump secreted blood & puss from the spot where the doc took a culture sample . Its about the size of a grape with inflammation around it.THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS EVER HAPPENED , & I AM TERRIFIED ! Am I the only one who's had this problem?
I just noticed a small bump while I was getting dressed and I thought it was a zit so I went to squeeze it. But after a few minutes, the spot just wouldn't come out at all . This thing is very sore, itchy and painful because it's just above my knee on my lower inner thigh. I'm 13. Is there anything to worry about?
just wondering I have a knot that feels like there is a small marble inside it, i have one on my breast my inner theigh and on my side they never go away just seem to reduce in size if it is pricked with a needle far enough a clear substance comes out and something like puss to indicate a pimple but it is not do you know what that could be?
  I am 37 and have been getting boil type cysts on my side, lower back, butt,  labia, and back of my thighs since I hit puberty.  I have searched all over the internet for their cause and no one seems to know exactly what causes them.  The ones on my sides are not painful, but they haven't quite healed either. I have had one on the back of my thigh for some time, and it just came to a head recently, but the skin around it is hard and its looking like its going to be a while for that one. I can go months without having any issues, and suddenly have 3 or 4, and repeatedly get them for months. Right now I have the one on my thigh, one on my labia and  2 on my butt. They are all in different stages.  I have tried everything from anti-bacterial soap, exfoliating daily, shaving daily, to changing my diet.  I'm somewhat convinced that they may be caused by a combination of things, but I really wish I had some real answers.  I have been to the doctor before regarding something else, but mentioned this issue and my Doctor shrugged it off as no big deal.  He obviously doesn't get them!!!   I do think sometimes they are ingrown hairs around my pubic area, but that doesn't explain the ones on my lower back, butt, thighs or side.  I can only say that I'm grateful that they are not on my face.  
Omg I'm so glad I read this!!! I'm 20 and have been getting these for a while now. I originally looked it up online and everytime I found a site they were all sayin herpes but what you guys are describing is exactly what happens to me. It's only around my period and goes away but they hurt so bad what should I do? Ik its not herpes cuz I was checked but dang lol.
When they pop,u have to get the cord out.If u don't they keep coming back.sometimes they smell and sometimes they don't.If u get the cord out,You will know it cause, It will just be blood no puss.I get alot of them and they drive me nuts.Hope that helps u out.
I am so glad to find this forum and to know that I am not the only one suffering from these things.  I had boils galore as a kid...but they were mainly on my knees, etc.  Got one or two in the vaginal area when I got older, but attributed them to ingrown hair. I am now 60 and I have been battling these things for almost a year now. First one was gumball size. Finally after using ichthamol oinment, it drained for 2 or 3 days and left a crater in it's place. I went to the doctor and she called it a "furuncle", which after searching the internet, found it to be another word for a boil. She said that the core apparently came out and I should not be bothered by it any more. Maybe a month later, it was back...same spot. I did nothing this time and let "nature take it's course". It drained, but appeared to drain only blood this time. Now I have a black scar there. Later got another one...same thing happened.  Now I have 3 new ones that are very painful although not black and not draining. I see no "head" to them, so I'll just let them go for now I guess.  I did not know these things could leave a black (or blue...can't tell) scar?!  Makes me feel like an apple with a bunch of "bad spots"!  I am not sexually active and haven't been since my husband passed away 12 yrs ago, so I am ruling out any STD unless I got it from a toilet seat in a public bathroom ;) which they say you can't get it that way.  Other than using the itchthamol  ointment (drawing salve) or camphophenque I guess I'm destined to have these "bad spots" the rest of my life!
Everytime I switch from regular bath/shower gel to a 'moisturizing' bath/shower gel or soap, it leaves a film (of supposed moisturizers) on your skin which plugs up the pores and then I get ingrown hair in the genital area and soon a huge boil which is very painful as we all know. As soon as I go back to the 'non moisturizers' bath/shower gels and soaps, there are no more occurrences. It has become predictable to me now. Recently went to an all inclusive resort and was using a moisturizing soap and sure as heck now I have a huge painful boil on the genital lip. Trust, me that is one of the sure culprits in causing these boils.
Hello after reading this forum im more relieved that this is not only a problem i have, its very embarrasing. As a woman i make sure to take care of my body, well i try to but these things makes me feel dirty and infected. Ive been getting these bumps lately and for me i noticed its usually when i shave my private area. If i dnt shave i itch all the time and if i do i get these ugly painful boils. I avoid having sex w/my boyfriend when this happens. And he gets really upset as im hiding something. One time i showed him and he was like, oh i had one of those before. Maybe it came from him or from shaving, either way i hate these things. Hot water and witch hazel is soothing for me. Thank you ladies for sharing and giving me sense of relief.
Oh my gosh! i feel so relieved to know im not the only one who gets these!  i know my mother and aunt and even grandfather have had a history of these, in different areas tho. i got them when i was pregnant but they were just small and didnt hurt as bad!

but it hurts soo bad! is there anything to help ease the pain!? i've taken some alieve but it really hasnt helped much!
I have been experiencing some of these as Well. I had a bump back on October of 2011, i freaked out n went to my doctor. She said She thinks that i scratch myself n It got infected after shaving, She tested me anyways an It was Nothing (herpies (herpes) was negative) But i have just recently had sex w some1 (a friend) who i thought went n put a condom on, But found out rite after he didnt. I know i should've checked. Now i have a bump on the outside of my vagina, It hurts when i was, It feels like a hair is being pulled But i am also sore on my clitoral area which i think is from the infection n scratching. Theres no puss i also just went to the hospital n had them test me... Im waiting for results, I have a UTI which explaines a lot But this bump came after. My doc told me that if i were to have herpies (herpes) There wouldnt be many togethere. Im lost n mad because i feel like There is more then one thing going on, n of all people he was a friend that i trusted. Any thoughts??
Sorry, i have to correct a few things Im on my phone. The doc said if It were herpies (herpes) There would be a cluster of puss filled bumps not just one. But the bump Im refering to, It hurts when i walk not to the point i cant walk But Its uncomfortable.
I have the same problem I think. Im 20 turning 21 soon and I recently found a bump that seemed to be a zit and when it was ready I squeezed it and i thought that was the end of that but then it grew a little larger and hard. If felt "full" but I every attempt at popping it a second time was not working so I left it alone hopeing  it would just go away on its own. It didnt hurt unless I messed with it or pressed on it. I finally got tired of it still being there so I squeezed it as hard as I could and it popped and pus oozed out along with some blood but mostly pus. I left it alone yet again and although no or little pus comes out now and then it still has yet to completely dissapear. I have no idea what to do but im getting to the point where Im just going to see what the doctor says because its really emarasing to have and im over it. But im glad to know im not the only one with the problem. If i find any more info on this topic i will let everyone know.
Just to put your mind at ease a little for the future, I do not get them hardly EVER when I am purely sexually active with my husband, but when we are separated for a few weeks at a time (happens occasionally for work) and I masturbate, they pop up every time.  ESPECIALLY if I use a vibrator.  Hopefully you, too, will be fine when it comes to sex with a partner!
so what can u do to stop it from coming
I have been getting these for the last 5 years, i went to the doctors and saw 3 doctors and 4 specialists in two different hospitals with no success. I was Told i was sweaty (im not) i was told it was a bartholyns cyst (it isnt) i was also told it was viral and that every time i got one i would have to go to the docs for anti virals tablets. At this point i did my own research. I went through my life with a fine tooth comb and realised the only thing that had changed in my life was my contraceptive pill. I had got my new batch and the colour was slightly different. I stopped taking it immediately and the boils disspeared and didnt come back, I looked online and found some articles relating them to an imbalance of estrogen (dont know if its too high or to low tho). I then got pregnant and had no problems but now my little man is 8 months old they have returned. Im going to go back to my gp for blood tests to see if they can solve the mystery.  Hope that helps someone out there!
I am totally freaking out but after reading some of these posts I am feeling  more at ease.  I have been seeing this guy for a bout 4 months and we we waited until month three before we started having sex.  He went and got tested before we started having sex and I was tested earlier this year at my yearly gyno appt.  Everything came back negative and things seemed to be good.  We always use protection for everything, vaginal sex and oral sex, except once when he was preforming oral sex on me.  On Wednesday we had sex for the first time in 3 weeks, we were working through some issues.  Wednesday no bumps, Thursday no bumps, Friday evening there were three bumps on the inner right side of my labia.  They were spaced 1-2 cm apart from each other and were hard.  I had originally thought maybe they were in grown hairs post recent grooming, when I looked it did not appear to be ingrown hairs.  I decided to squeeze them, nothing came out, they didn't pop.  The next day they were red from being squeezed most likely and after attempting to squeeze again they oozed clear followed by blood very small amount.  I cleaned the surface and than applied antibacterial ointment.  Today they are still there, sore and a little tender.  It has been 3 days that I have had them.  I am scared and absolutely terrified.  I have done my best to be cautious and be a slave to safe sex.  I know if it is something like herpes, even though the only symptom I have is the bumps, I will be ok and will survive and be ok, physically. Emotionally however I fear that it will plunge me into depression.  I hope and pray that it is nothing to serious and will heal soon.  If anyone has any input on what else it could be, I would be very grateful and appreciative for all of your advice and help.  Thanks
I am so glad to know that this happens to only me. I am 26 and I have reoccurent boils on my genital area. Some small some big but either way they are painful. I googled them and found this website because I thought that it was herpes and was very scared. If it wasn't for this page my husband was going to have some explaining to do. I'm glad its not what I thought and I am making an appt asap with a doc to get some abx before they drive me insane.

Thanks everyone for posting because these was all helpful!
I just found a cyst like pimple right near my bikini line as I was masturbating, it has three small points (heads?). I am not sexually active and I'm a virgin so I have no idea what it could be! I didn't know what it was so after I cleaned up, I squeezed it and a large amount of pus and blood came out. I am very concerned and I don't want to ask anyone in my family about it. Could someone help!?!? I'm very scared it could be am std or staph!
Business_woman1
I Shave the vaginal area as well, but it seems like I even got this before I did shave. Being sexually active or not doesn't matter.  I have gotten them when I am and when I am on my freeze time.  I think it does stem from ingrown hairs because every now and then a black head will pop out with a little piece of hair attached.  At any rate I do find if I can just hold on and use the hot water therapy when it does pop it is so much easier.  I know our first thought is to just pop it - but we are just putting ourselves in unnecessary pain.  I basically treat it like a pimple.  Hot water to bring it to a head and then once it pops alcohol or my mary kay toner on a cotton ball.
I have been getting these ever since I was 14 and at first it started off small and would just hurt a little bit but then it got to the point where it would get really big and hurt like crazy when I did any type of movement. At first they only used to show up on the front of my vagina but then one would appear on the inside of the lower left side of my vaginal lip. I knew that it couldn't have been any STD because I was not sexually active at the time but I was afraid that it was cancerous. I'm still scared as to what it actually is because making assumptions won't answer any questions. I'm just so relieved that I am not the only female going through this but I hope that it does not have a major negative impact on my life.
Business_woman2
My 11 daughter (who also has Down syndrome) has a couple on her bottom area - she is in so much pain! she can hardly sit and it hurts her to walk. After  much researching the web, I found an ointment called Ichthammol that a pharmacist told me was the BEST for bringing these (boils) to a head much quicker, therefore, less pain in the long run.

I'm buying it today (they say it's about $10) - it's not a prescription, but you have to ask the Pharmacist as it is behind the counter. I hear it smell and looks bad, but works the BEST ever!
Good luck to you all - here's to less pain for my little girl.
Hi im 15 years old and I'm really scared. yesterday i woke up with a cyst type thing inside the lip of my vagina and its covered in white goop or something and its like the side of my fingernail and it hurts so bad. I'm scared to tell my dad because my mom isn't' here and i just need a way to make the pain stop and clear this up. can someone please help me? I'm so scared