Stopped period, then started again??? HELP!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Ok, apparently I THOUGHT I was off of my period. This is a good oppurtunity to ask this question...Is it normal to stop ur period, then start again? I stopped, and the spotting that I documented was just a tiny bit of blood on my tampon early yesterday morning, then nothing all day or today. Just now at 6 pm, there was light bleeding again. This isn't the first time this has happened. It happens just about every period I have...I'll quit, skip a day, then bleed again for another day, or maybe 2. Why is that? Does anyone else do that?
do you have endometriosis? or any other female condition like fibroids or PCOS?

I have Endo and my periods are always like that... usually around the end of my 4th day or into my 5th day I will go to spotting and then to nothing for about a day and then it will start again.

but its normal for me because I have endo and whack periods.
Not that I know of.

It's strange you asked that, though, because I have been having a lot of sharp pains and twinges in my uterine area and my ovaries...enough to really bother me, and when I googled my symptoms all this info came up on endo and other PCOS and other stuff, so I'm going to make an appointment with my gyn.

A little history with me: I have 2 kids, and had no trouble conceiving them...it was instant once tried. Also, I had the Mirena IUD twice, and just had it removed in May. I have had these pains since before I had the IUD, I just never questioned them because I guess I always thought they were normal pains that everyone got...I just figured it was part of being a woman. It seems the pains have gotten worse and more often over time, but then again maybe I'm just more aware of them now than before. Idk. Oh, and also, my periods used to be really crazy about 10 yrs ago. I used to only get my period every 3 months. Then I was on the Depo shot and didn't have a period for 4 yrs! Got off the shot cuz of major weight gain. Years later...after not being able to lose weight and hurting all over and being extremely fatigued...I got tested and was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism (not sure if the shot had anything to do with it). But ever since that time period I started getting regular periods. Sometimes I would skip a month every once in a while but never thought anything of it. And my cramps would get so bad! And my bleeding really heavy. Sometimes I've had to wear a super tampon AND a panty liner. I ALWAYS leak because of such a heavy flow.

Thank u sooo much for ur reply. Now I'm REALLY going to get this checked out!
One more thing I wanted to add...the spotting is a lot of times brown (old) blood. I don't know if that makes a difference, but its like that every month. How much old blood can I have in there?!