Stretching vagina
I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of stretching the vagina?  Ever since my hysterectomy I am very narrow and the pain with intercourse is unbearable. So needless to say I am in a sexless marriage that I am very unhappy about and so is my husband. Is there some type of specialist out there that deals in matters of this nature?
Any ideas would be greatly appreceiated.
i remember during baby classes the teacher was saying how to do this to avoid "tearing" during childbirth. i tried to practice it but gave it up. then when it came time to have my baby, i remember the dr. doing just that(stretching the waginal opening).im sorry, i just cannot recall the term or EXACTLY how to do it. i just can tell you yes, threre is a way. i know someone out there knows and will fill us in. if no one does, i will try to go dig in my boxes (i save everything) of the paperwork from baby classes and get out the sheet for it. i just dont want to say anything that may cause harm if youre not doing it properly.
Thanks, I will look forward to your response.
I have been reading a labor and delivery book and it talks about perineal massage, but i'm not sure if that's the same thing. Sorry I guess that really doesn't help much.
I think you are talking about keigal exercises. I'm not sure how to spell it. But I remember talking about this at birthing class as well. I would definately call your doctor though I wouldnt want you to hurt your self or make it hurt worse.
YES! thats it..perineal massage. is that what she should do to help her down there or am i totally thinking something different???

w/the perineal massage you are supposed to (or your partner could do it too) place 2 fingers about an inch and a half into your vagina (use a lubricant like almond oil or k-y jelly) and gently stretch the lower part of your vagina. i looked this up online under "perineal massage" and it does explain how to do it. careful though, graphics also come up!! hee hee. i was like, oops, there "it" is! i looked under "labia stretching" and that was even worse. i dont think thats what you need though.

i realize this is mostly used to avoid an episiotomy during childbirth but couldnt this help w. your situation? i am BY NO means a dr. so i dont know.