Swollen labia minora with yeast infection

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

So I just found out yesterday that I have a yeast infection. This is my first one, so I'm kinda new to this. But my left labia minora is swollen. I'm almost positive this is caused by the yeast infection, but I want to know how to get rid of it! i just used monistat 1 tonight hoping that it'll be better tomorrow. but it's really hard to walk and it's super uncomfortable. PLEASE help me by telling me what might help the swelling go down? Thank you!
It depends on where you live. I live in Canada and I prefer the Canestan as the Monistat made me feel like I was on fire.

I have been told by many pharmacist that you should take the 7 day as its more effective. I have to agree since I have had yeast infections since I was 15 and I am now 34.  

You can try taking a bath with epson salts or put natural yogurt on it to cool it down, a cool cloth and also the cream that you insert should go on the outside as well.
Swelling of labia can be due to chafing skin also along with the yeast infection. Keep on using the antifungal that you have been prescribed. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a gynecologist.

I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

KTowne Definitely starting to feel... Comment
Shannon79 commented on renae176's status
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals