Tailbone pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Tailbone pain

I know this is off the topics of most posts here, but it seemed like the best forum to post in.                                 Recently, I've been experiencing pain in my lower back, in the tailbone area. I get this when I sit on the floor and some chairs. It may be because they're hard surfaces, but I thought maybe it'd be something else, since this is not a problem I've always had. The pain goes away in about 5 minutes after I stand up and walk around a little. If anyone has any advice or solutions, please let me know! Thanks
You could have a disc slipped, it maybe from riding a bike, it could be fibroids or not sitting correctly for too long a time.
Thanks for your response! I'll look into it.
I seem to be experiencing the same pain you have had and wondered how things worked out for you. The pain in my tailbone is more intense when I am sitting on a hard surface or chairs that are not well padded, and intensifies when I try to stand up. After I stand or walk around it dissipates.  I've had an x-ray, which revealed no fractures, and an MRI which revealed only fibroid tumors. Has anyone had any experiences with fibroid tumors causing pain in the tailbone area? If so, any recommendations?
I have been experiencing this EXACT pain for over 1 1/2 years now.  It ironically began when I was diagnosed w/an endo cyst in my left ovary.  I was sent to an oncologist to be checked at the time & I had asked him if it could be related in anyway, he said no & checked it out & said I probably just hurt myself & didn't remember about it.  Well fast forward now 1.5 years & it STILL hurts;(
Now it hurts me when I lay flat on my back too.  Luckily I have a tempurpedic bed, which is helpful!
It hurts when I stand up too fast, but as long as I sit a "certain" way, I'm ok, it's almost like I have to "tuck" in my tailbone to sit.......make sense???
I now can feel what SEEMS to be like a cyst maybe?  if I push on one side of it, it scoots to the other side.  So SOMETHING is there!  I never thought it could be a fibroid?!?!?  
IDK, but ANY & ALL experiences or advise would be VET appreciated;)
I probably SHOULD go to get it checked out, but see I've had lots of "female" issues in this time 2 mc's, lap surgery, DnC so I am SICK of Dr's LOL
It is not effecting my life....YET anyway, other than I sometimes am worried about it, just because I don't have back problems etc.........very STRANGE