Taking Antibiotics while taking Birth Control
Okay me and my boyfriend have been having sex after I have been on several antibiotics, and I'm wondering if there is a possibles that I could be pregnant?  Its been about three week since I have not been taking the medicine, but we have been having sex the whole time, and I have not been taking any kind of other protection.  My period has not come on yet, and its already the end of the month and I have not has a period yet.  I took a test like two weeks after we last had sex, but I was not pregnant. Do you think that I need to take another one?  Should I be worried!!!
You should be fine. Newer research shows that antibiotics (with the exception of rifampin) have no effect on the pill.
i am not so sure- my doc says when i am taking antibio. i need to use a condom-- even for some time after because anitbio stay in you for a few days after you stop taking them-- once your period is a week late make sure you take a test
Your doctor is going by old information. Here's one study:

Oral contraceptive efficacy and antibiotic interaction: a myth debunked.

Archer JS, Archer DF.

Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA.

The purpose of this study was to review the pharmacokinetic and clinical literature regarding the efficacy of oral contraceptives when used concomitantly with antibiotic therapy. Relevant literature was identified by searching MEDLINE and EMBASE. Other sources were located by consulting the bibliographies of the material collected from MEDLINE and EMBASE. Pharmacokinetic evidence demonstrates that plasma levels of oral contraceptive steroids are unchanged with the concomitant administration of antibiotics, including ampicillin, ciprofloxacin, clarithromycin, doxycycline, metronidazole, ofloxacin, roxithromycin, temafloxacin, and tetracycline. However, reduced steroid levels have been reported in women taking rifampin with oral contraceptives. Clinical reports of contraceptive failure with antibiotic use are retrospective, have multiple potential biases, and are not supported by pharmacokinetic data. Available scientific and pharmacokinetic data do not support the hypothesis that antibiotics (with the exception of rifampin) lower the contraceptive efficacy of oral contraceptives.
I have to take oral antibiotics before dental cleanings becuase of a heart murmur, on the bottle it says it makes BC ineffecitve. And to use another form of protection for the rest of the cycle. Also my Dentist always reminds me because he has more than one patient that got pregnant becuase of not using extra protection while on the oral antibiotics.  So the answer to your question is YES it is very possible you are pregnant.  Take a test to be sure.