Taking Birth control pills after withdrawl(withdrawal) bleed from Primo...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Taking Birth control pills after withdrawl(withdrawal) bleed from Primolut Nor

I want to start taking monthly contraceptive pills as soon as my next period starts. However i also want to delay my next period as my boyfriend will be in town. If i take Primolut Nor for about 5 or 6 days to delay my period and have protected sex during that time, and once i get my withdrawal bleed after stopping Primolut nor, can i start an oral contraceptive like Yasmine from day one of the withdrawal bleed? This will be my first time ever taking a monthly oral contraceptive.
Most birth controls need to be taken consistently for a month to offer protection, so if you decide to attempt this, use back-up protection such as a condom.  I have no idea if starting either of them before your period starts will effectively delay your period.  I suppose a lot of things would factor in such as how far ahead of your usual cycle you begin taking the pill, etc.  I'd suggest talking to your pharmacist, doctor, or the advice nurse to find out if it will/if it's a good idea.
Once Primolut is stopped, your periods appear in 2-3 days of stopping them and you can start with the oral contraceptives but if you don’t get the periods within 7 days then you should report this to a gynecologist. Sometimes there is delayed menstrual cycle ( even for months) after taking this drug for a long time and in such a case it is important to consult a gynecologist and get the hormonal imbalance which may be caused by this drug, your pregnancy status and other causes of delayed periods ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing

Hello, will i get pregnant if i have sex while taking primolut nor from my 24th day onwards? I will be taking the pills for a 10 days and i will stop imediately after that to have my period.