Taking clomid...no period but not pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I am 28 years old and have had an irregular cycle since I was 10. BC is the only thing that keeps me regular. I've been off BC 1 yr July 05. Have had a total of maybe 4 periods since. Gyn ruled oud polycystic ovaries before putting me on Clomid. I took my 1st cycle in May 05. June 14th was exactly 35 days since 1st day of last period. Hpt came back negative so doc wanted to have blood test done. That also came back negative. (This was all done on 14th). It's been 10 days and still no sign of a period. I took another Hpt and still coming out negative. Called doc back and she's recommending that I get a 2nd blood test done before giving me provera to bring on another period so I can take the 2nd cycle of Clomid. Is it normal to still NOT have a period after taking a drug to make you ovulate which in turn would bring on a period if no egg is fertilized? What are the chances of the 2nd blood test coming back positive?? Could there be something seriously wrong with me???
Although I don't know much about fertility, I find it odd that your doctor has put you on Clomid already - looking at your age and the lengh of time that you have tried to get pregnant, this seems to be somewhat premature? Many people can take up to 2 years to get pregnant. Are you seeing an OBGYN that specializes in fertility? Did they ever find the cause of irregular periods? Underactive thyroid? Endometriosis? adhesions? over excercising? 2nd opinions are always a good thing as doctors are human.
The doctor explained to me that she normally would not put me on Clomid this soon (normally she would wait 1 full year of trying for regular couples) but since all the signs are pointing to amenorrhea, it could take me twice as long if not longer. But so far there is no explanation as to why. I was told that if after 3 months I still wasn't pregnant she would then arrange for my husband to be checked. If he came back clear she would then up the dosage. If still no success after another three months she would then refer me to a fertility specialist after taking some test. Sorry, I forget the name. I am currently taking Provera to induce another period so I can take the second round of Clomid. It just all seems too weird. I have always been irregular but I know that I am capable of becoming pregnant At 18, I miscarried but that was almost 10 years ago. I get yearly exams and have never shown any other signs of any other issues or concerns. I was checked about 3 years ago for Thyroid issues but they all came back clear. So we'll see...
hi, i had the same problem with you.  I wasn't regular since I was little and the doctor had to put me on BC so I can get my montly period. Last two month I took a cycle of clomid but I didn't get pregnant or get a period.  I am wonder what is going on and if I am able to get pregnant at all.  You're luckier than me 'cause you can talk to your doc.  My doctor is going on a personal leave and she won't be back until March 2008 and her partner wouldn't take me.  I don't know what to do now...but I hope you will get pregnant soon.
I too am going through this as well.  Took Clomid 50 mg on day 5 of my last period, negative blood test, negative hpt, and yet no period.  My doc just gave me Prometrium to bring on a period and then going to 100 mg of Clomid.  On day 2 of the Prometrium and praying that I bleed quickly so I  can go on round two.  My son was conceived using Clomid 50 but this period skipping thing never happened.  Very weird to me too, but glad I'm not alone.
hello i have now been taking clomid for four months and no baby and this month i did not get a period either even though i ovulated. my progesterone level was 14.1 which my doc says is really good. but again still no baby.  

I just have a question. I too was taking Clomid 50mg for 3 months - got my period the first 2 but the third month I ovulated but still no period. Took HPTs but they all came back negative. I am now in day 40 of my cycle. My breasts are extremely tender... and I had very light bleeding a few days before my period was due (implantation bleeding?). My question is - have any of you experienced "pregnancy" symptoms while not getting your period on Clomid? I am also peeing a lot.

Hope everyone gets pregnant soon!!!
I to have taken 100mg. of Clomid.Still No Period Day 47+,
I know this is an old thread but I would just like to know what happen did you girls got pregnant or are still trying? I'm going through the same thing. 3rd cycle of clomid I do ovulate but no period after.  I do have thyroid issues but is under control.  I judt don't know what to think. I'm 27 and I been trying for almost 2 years without luck.
hi
my period also irregular.i took clomid last month and doctore took blood check and i ovalated after day 19th pergrestone i was sick,,i had vomit and dizy sometimes.also knee pain,shwlder, and stomach..i check the urine came neg and wernt to see doctore checked blood and urine came negative.i'm still didn't get my period yet today is my 35day.could i still be prgnant?also blood test could be wrong?
hi
hi all.iam also expeiencing the same prob.iam using the clomid.1st month i got ovulated and also got my period.but this is my 2nd cycle.ididnt get my period yet.today is my 38th day.i did HPT it was negative.
I too took my first round of clomid 50mg. I have taken a hpt every other week since day 30. It now is day 75! and no period. I was waiting to start my second round, however, I think I need to call the Dr. and take the medication that makes you start your period.  SOOOOO Frustrating! But I can not complain, I am blessed with 2 beautiful children already, my husband and I just really would like 2 more.
Hi I have been having similar problems this was my first round of Clomid and 35 days no periods though have signs of pregnancy frequent urination, dizzy spells, breat tenderness but I took my HPT and it is negative so called the Dr. she told me to take blood test waiting for the Result.
I am also on Clomid 50mg. I stopped BCP December 08 and no period since. Doc started me on Clomid in Sep and I am just finished my second round. As I wasn't getting periods and my LH levels were 1 to start off he said just pick a day and start. No period after first round, negative HPT so he just said start second round on day 28 (day one being first Clomid tab as I've no periods). Myself and hubby are dying for a baby and this is just so frustrating! Can't believe there are so many of us, makes me feel a bit better!
Wow, I can't believe how many people are out there that are like me!  I'm 28 yo and me and my hubby have been trying for over 2 years for a baby... However, my normal period would come every 2 1/2 to 6 months...  Dr. thought initially I had PCOS and after a dose of Provera, put me on Clomid 50 mg and had me take some blood tests/Ultrasound.  Blood tests came back negative. Ultrasound came back negative. But still no period after day 55 while on Clomid.  Dr. gave me another round of Provera and upped my Clomid dose to 100 mg. Now I'm on day 45 with 100 mg Clomid and no sign of my period.   Dr. just recently gave me another dosage of Provera (after HPTs and tests at Dr.'s office were negative) and now I'm beginning 150 mg.  My GYN was very stumped about what was going on seeing that all of my tests came back normal.  If the 150 doesn't work, then I have to start paying for a specialist to try to figure out what is going on...  Does anyone know what is that cause of this or what could be causing my abnormal periods, even when on Clomid??
Hi there
Wondering if anyone could help me, Please? im going mad!

i havent had any periods since stopping the pill in July 09. I took Clomid 50mg for 5days  now day 32 and no period and negative test? what do i do now?

I had period like paind on day 28 but they went. Has anyone got any ideas?

Thank you
I'm in the same position. Aged 29, trying for a couple of years, very irregular periods. Most recently, no period for 15 months despite taking metformin for the past 9 months, so I took progesterone to induce period and then 50mg clomid. Now on day 50 without period and negative pregnancy tests, though I've felt nauseous the last couple of weeks. Called the nurse who advised me to wait until the new year before contacting her again about a second cycle. Good to know others in the same position - be good to hear if it works out for any of you. Fingers crossed.
I too am having the exact same problems as you.  I stopped bc in late may 09 and have not had a period.  I bled once after one round of provera, but it did not regulate my cycle.  I took 50 mg of clomid in dec 09 and did not ovulate.  It is now day 31 of my cycle and no period, although I have had some cramps and bloating.  I am planning on taking a HPT on day 35, if it's negative I'm going to call the dr and they will up me to 100 mg clomid.  I am supposed to call the dr when my period starts, but if I get a negative HPT, I'll just tell them my period started.  Otherwise the dr wanted to put me on bc for a month to have a "normal" cycle.  That's a step in the wrong direction.  Also, they really only want you to bleed before clomid to be 100% sure you aren't pregnant....if I didn't ovulate, I can't be pregnant. I am only 25 years old and never thought I would have trouble getting pregnant.  My husband and I are soooo ready for our first baby, I'm hoping and praying that 100 mg clomid will finally do the trick!  Best wishes to you and everyone ttc!!

Jess
HI,

I am in the same boat as you only I am on day 32 of my cycle, and still no AF after 50 mg of clomid.  Did you say you are going to take the Clomid without an AF?  If this is the case let me know.  As I know I ovulated this cycle on day 18. I had spotting from the 29 day to today but it was very scant (not sure if it was AF or not?).  Boobs hurt, moody, etc.  But don't feel like I did before I had my miscarriage in October.  I am so lost about all of this.  I am 26 and NEVER thought this would be an issue for me.  I was diagnosed with PCOS in janaury 2009, and now I don't know what to do??  I took 2 preg tests and both were Neg, my cycles before the cloimd were 40 days long and I thought I was ovulating but I don't think it was a 'good' ovulation.  Now I am not sure what to think?!

hi all. i am only 21 and my hubby n i are trying for a baby. i know it seems young but we have been having unpr sex for 4 years. obgyn put me on provera and 23 days after last pill i still not had a bleed. should i just take the clomid? dr visit is $180 a visit so ne help would be good
Hi All,

I am also in the same situation as you all. The only difference is my husband and I have already got 2 boys. We had no problems concieving them and cant under stand why we are having problems now. We both have been checked out and all tests have come back normal. I have been on clomid 50g for 5 mths now and still no baby. My periods are so irregular now they range from 28- 34 days. I have been off the pill for 2years. So now we are both lost for words our fertility specialist says theres nothing wrong but deep down I know that there has to be something...
I too am having some of the same problems. On the 1st month of taking Clomid I got a period on day 32; 2nd month of clomid I got a period on day 30; 3rd month it is day 32 and I have had lower pressure in the center of my abdomen for about 1 week and no period and a negative PT. Could I still be pregnant? Can someone who had a similar story and became pregnant please let me know. Thanks a bunch!!!
First round on clomid, I seemed to have ovulated 2 times this month. Took the OPK, it was positive on my usual CD11. On CD 13 or so, noticed I was drying up, but continued to test. On CD16, 17, &18, the test came out positive once again! This has never happened to me. So, apparently I ovulated twice and later than usual. I usually ovulate on CD9 or CD11. AND my cycles are between 24-26 days long. I am now on CD 46, 27DPO. I had what I thought was my period coming, watery brown blood on CD28. It felt like I was actually leaking, or peed on myself, so I put a pad on just knowing I had started. But after that, it stopped for the day. The following morning, I awoke to "feeling like I was leaking" again, and discovered watery brown blood, still thinking, it was going to start. That was it for the day as well. But ever since then, I've been feeling like "I'm leaking" this time just watery CM. CM is very stretchy, "fertile" consistency. I thought my bleeding was implantation bleeding. So I decided to test on CD33 14DPO, it was negative, but it WASN'T my morning urine. I'm so confused. My bb's ache, and I've been waking up nauseated for about 4-5 days. AND I've gained 5lbs overnight! I always gain this much when my period is due, but no period!
Went to Doc's the other day, negative urine test, blood work taken.

Has anyone gotten any news on how long it took to get your AF, or what the doc did to make AF start...... ANY suggestions?
So worried and starting to stress.... I'm 36 yrs soon to be 37 and have tried getting pregnant for the last year. We had two miscarriages last year, one being an eptopic pregnancy. My OB ordered a lost pregnancy work up and discovered I have Factor V blood disorder. This can be a cause in miscarriages. It's been 35 days since my last period and typically I'm right on target day 27/28 never a day sooner or later. I began taking Clomid 50mg last month. I've taken two HPT (both negative) and finally alerted my OB and they had me come in and take a blood test. This to was negative. I've been experiencing pains in my left side (the kind when you are going to start) for the last 2 1/2 weeks. So scared that something is terribly wrong... Has anyone experienced anything like this or have any words of advice?
i took 100mg of clomid this month but its been three weeks nearly and still no period. i dont really no what to do now, the last time i was on clomid i had a period in the same month and by the fourth month i found i was pregnant. can anyone help me please xxx
Hi to all. Im 34 trying for baby past 3 years.Have thyroid issue but now normal.Have hormonal imbalance issue. Tried 2 cycle of clomid failed!. Recently dr found me with pcos and he suggest me for ovarian drilling.Which i did march/10.Thank god no blockage in the tube and no endo . April /8 /10 I started with 1st cycle of  50 mg clomid which was 2nd day of my period.After a week  Dr did scan and said clomid worked for me.Till now no period. Preg test shows negative. Planning to see Dr on friday.  Hoping for good news even my preg test show negative... Lets see. Hope the others who trying become mother soon...
Hi to all, reading yr post make me feel i am not alone facing this problem. i had a son 4years old. had a miscarriage last year at 2mths preg. Take clomid 50g last mth but today is 33 day still no period. Took preg test came out negatif. BBT temperature very low range below 96.5. Doc say if clomid no sucess than i hv to get injection...anyone hv idea how is this going to work ? so worry
Hi after reading this post i feel sick at the thought of starting clomid.  I am 28, stopped BC in May 08.  First period arrived April 2010, now at day 51 waiting for next period.  I have been seeing an accpuncturist and taking chinese herbs for about 2 months - which i think helped induce my period.  But getting frustrated. Really wanted to hav my first baby before 30. Having my third round of blood tests to see if my hormones levels have changed. last round indicated i had PCOS. Dr refered me to a GYNO, but i was not ready for more synthetic hormones, as had a terrible time hormonally after stopping my BC.  I know that it can take between 6-12 months to get your period back regularily after stopping BC.  Has anyone on this tread fallen pregnant from Clomid?
Hi guys further to my tread above - typo - i stopped BC in May 09 not 08. :)
I'm soo glad to see that i'm not alone! My husband and I have been trying to conceive for two years...I had abnormal periods and was not ovulating. My hubby has a subfertile sperm count, and the mobility isnt that great. I started clomid in April 2010, and I'm on Day 45 with no period and HPT's say no...I plan on calling my OB tomorrow!
It made me feel a little better to know that I am not alone having this situation, but it will be a lot more better to know if all of us here will soon post our success stories of conceiving and not the our common problems which are getting worse.
I am 29 and we are trying to have our 1st baby for almost 2 years already but still unsuccessful. It was Feb.2007 when i was diagnosed with PCOS and my OB advised me to take Diane BC. After 8 months, it was shown in my ultrasound that it's getting clear and advised me to take 4 more sets of Diane to completely clear my PCOS. Without having my ultrasound, I stopped taking my BC, thinking that it was clear. But my period came so irregular (like having period for evry 4 months and got worst pimples ever. I took BC again until I got married on January 2009. My period came Feb & March, then November. I consulted my OB last January 2010 and gave me primolut to induce my mens. After 2 weeks my ultrasound shown my eggcells are quite smaller than normal. Later on my PT appeared negative. She advised me to take primolut again and take clomid 50mg for 5 days starting 2nd day of my cycle. Now 44 days but still no period and PT is still negative. Haisssttt.... How I wish someone with the same experience as mine can advise... However, I'm planning to have blood test by next month (if still no period) to get confirmation if I am or I am not pregnant.
I've just come across this thread... I'm going through the same thing. First 2 months on clomid brilliant. And now it seems to have stopped. Not pregnant and the doctors don't know what to say other than "take anther test, you're probably pregnant" do they know how expensive they are??

Kats09 did it work out for you in the end?

Em
I took clomid 50mg and ovulated on cd 21 and now it's 20 days after ovulation and I still have no period what can be the problem I took urine came back neg
I know this is pretty old. But I just wanted to throw my story into the mix because often I see that people don't come back and say what happened to them. Here is my story.

I've been TTC for 6 months on 6 months of Clomid 50g (no known issues YET - Dr. put me on it to regulate my long cycles). I got lots of side effects - I'v had horrible dryness, headaches, hot flashes, and no sex drive. However, the ovulation predictor kits (OPKs) would come back positive every month, and every month I'd get my period 14-16 days later, like clockwork. Until now. On my final cycle of Clomid. I'm currently on cycle day (CD) 54, and I'm 33 days past ovulation (dpo). I should have gotten my period around July 1st 2010, and since today is the 21st of July, you can see I'm pretty late. All HPT (home pregnancy tests) that I've taken are negative. I went to the OB she refused to give me a blood test. I went to my reg doctor yesterday and she gave me a blood pregnancy test, and it came back negative. So, I have no idea whats going on, but I'm not pregnant and have no period all of the sudden on Clomid. Just throwing this out there so people know you CAN totally miss your period on clomid. Its a cruel cruel joke as I've sat here for so many weeks now thinking I was pregnant and I was one of those people that HPT just didn't work with..

The doctor never gave me much of an explanation for the missed period other then "the ovulation test must have been wrong" Um...I took 4 of them! They were right!
Well it's nice to know that I'm not crazy!! on day 37 still no period, all pregnancy test negative including lab draw (0.0) I know I ovulated d/t progesterone lab draw (7.2) and have heard that you are regular while taking clomid, so what's going on here? apparently we are not all "normal" very frustrating when your trying to conceive, and this drug is playing a cruel, cruel joke on us.  Hope everyone gets pregnant soon!! I'm 33 have no children, husband is 38 and we are ready to start our family. Lots of frustrations going on!!
good luck to everyone!!
hi everyone,
   I am having a lot of similar probs. My hubby and I have been TTC for almost 2 years, i just finshed my 3rd cycle of clomid, my dr wont prescribe it more than 4 cycles. We have both been tested, and i have had an HSG. my tubes WERE blocked, but during the procedure, my tubes appeared to be "flushed out" and my dr seemed very pleased with it. that was in may, still no baby. :( i also think i have a UTI right now, which is awful cuz too much semen obviously causes uti's amd yet...we have to do the deed every other day after finishing clomid. I feel like im just running in place and getting no where. I have a son who is almost 7, and was on the pill when i became preg with him, which makes it all the more frustrating now. I have been an absolute emotional mess the past year from all of this, its so hard to think abt anything BUT having a baby. I have tried to stay busy and focus on other things so i dont turn my stress into yet another reason i cant conceive. I had an IUD in a few years back, and had to have it removed cuz it was too painful, it was put in improperly, i personally think the damage was done during that. good luck to u other ladies, i know how hard this is!
Hi everyone, I am in my thirties and already have a soon to be six years old daughter.My hubby which is her dad and I have been trying for a year now and been on the 2nd cycle of CLOMID, with no luck. I am also at day 35 and took 1 hpt and it was neg.I frustrate my husband about a baby so bad.I did all the tests, they all said I was fine.So I thought the CLOMID would work quickly but its not.I felt my period cramps no period,but I have breast tenderness,night craving,sleeping alot and still no baby.
I now don't think CLOMID works,I think we are all being experimenting on,just a thought,we all have the same side effects and no babies yet.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND LET US ALL PRAY FOR EACH OTHER.  
I'm also in this situation, I have endometriosis and have been trying for 2yrs with no luck i was put on clomid 8 months ago and got pregnant my fist cycle but miscarried at 6 wks ;-(... I have a 6y/o son that I had when i was on 18y/o. and didnt think i would be having this problem later in life. Honestly its driving me crazy!!! I feel thankfull for my son but I want another baby too! i'm now 4 days late on my period and taken many pregnancy test but all are negative!
im also ttc for almost 2yrs after my miscarriage. i have pcos and im currently taking clomiphene and metformin.its been day 31 since my last first day of period but still no signs of pregnancy or period...this thing is driving me crazy. i really want to have a child...
Just want to take a poll. I am in the same situation and have been trying to have a baby for over a year. Second cycle of clomid and no period and no baby. How many of you have used IUD's as birth control before trying clomid?
good luck to you all.
i am 27 ttc since 2 yrs , no luk as yet had clomid cycle one neg preg test but second cycle wen i took the first tablet my husband had to stop me coz he will be going bak home to see his father as he is ill ... makes me so mad i mean there is no point of me takin that tab wen my husband isnt around i have been so stressed since then i have been fighting n arguing so much wid him ..... anyways yes ppl who have no periods can still take clomid and also can get pregnant .. well im not a doc but my frend has pcos n AF wudnt show on her, once wen she got late on it for 9 months , her doc told her to take clomid , she did n got preg ..n also they say to lose weight ofcourse .. as it insulin resistence we shud take 75mg aspirin which can thin our blood n makes easy the implantation of the egg n also shud use progest cream every last 2 weeks before periods help our progesterone levels
visit      http://www.ehow.com/how_4607344_pregnant-pcos.html .
vitex is very good i used it for 5 months .. helps wid PMS n my acne is gone almost which is amazing .. i took the follwoing:

vitex drops  thrice a day 15 drops in water
folic acid 1 tab daily
feroglobin syrup for iron 1 tea spoon daily
royal jelly 3 tab daily 500 mg
vit c and zinc 1 tab daily
donq quai 2 tabs daily 400 mg
raspberry red leaf tea

do this for 5-6 months will defo help n only strictly eat green veges n salmon

then u can start clomid if still u donot get pregnant .... but ofcourse consult ur doc and donot take vitex and dongquai wen takin clomid but can continue takin other nutrients. it will HELP atleast ur body will react positive to first cycle of clomid n u will ovulate....also consult ur pharmacist but i guess u can take aspirin n progest cream with clomid it no prob ..

baby dust to everyone!
p.s : also donot take vitex and **** quai wen u get on ur periods .. the day ur finished wid it .. u can start again ,.... but donot stop the nutrients while on periods.
hi,

im 25 yrs old and ttc for 2yrs now after my m/c.i just wanna know if someone here knows what is happening to me. im currently on my 4th cycle of clomiphene and metformin and i am now a week late from my last cycle days. last month i got my afp at cd31. i was so excited to get my cycle back at cd28.but i missed my period. thinking i might be pregnant i waited for a week before having hpt.i just tested today, and it came back negative.what does this means?am i really not pregnant? my irregular cycle is back again? the meds don't work for me? please help!
Im on my second round of clomid hopping this is going to be the time we will get a positive.fingers crossed!

To all the ladies,just relax and have faith everthing else will sabotage your efforts(easier said than done)
I am 33 and I also have PCOS, and had a very hard time trying to get pregnant tried for 5 years and the dr just kept telling me I was too fat before another doctor figured out I had PCOS.  Tried Clomid 50 mg for about 8 months didnt work got very discouraged and stopped taking it.   Finally went to another doctor and she told me to take it days 3-7 of cycle instead of 5-9...She said this is what most infertility doctors say to do...so I did and I got pregnant....now I have a beautiful little girl but wanting another one....I have now been on clomid again for 4 or 5 months and started not having periods and yet not pregnant...doctor put me on metformin to help and yet this didnt work either....just wondering if anyone out there has had a doctor tell you why yet no period?????
i really need your help!

im on my 4th cycle of clomiphene and metformin. i didnt get my period last month.currently im on cd44 and no period.because i was soo depressed and frustrated i stop taking the meds.i will just rest and wait for my period.i took 2 test all came back negative.my problem now is im having stomach pain o lower abdominal pain.somtimes on the right side next to left side of my stomach.is anyone experiencing this?i know im not pregnant but i dont know what is happening already.i will be on vacation this week so i cant make any appointment with my ob.so guys please help me understand what is going on.

thanks!
Hello. I just wanted to find out the outcome of having a missed period and have negative pregnancy tests while on clomid for those who experienced this. Is it adviceable to induce the period or not? Your reply will help someone in need.
hi,

i waited for my afp to come...its a 50day cycle for me last month,which is very frustrating...if i wont get pregnant this month, i will just rest for a month and go to my doctor to see what will be the next step.trying to be patient.sigh :-(
Hello everyone,m suffering same problem.I had ma period on 5 April..I had a test which says I did ovulate but not preg...doc told me I 'll get my period for sure...it's 6 th of may no periods...preg test negative...wa on clomid...so confused
hi there,
I have PCOS and always had a irregular period.
i had already a misscarriage in february 2010 after my first cycle of clomid in dezember 2009. after 1year i started again 2nd round.it was negativ. Now i am on my 3rd round of clomid and day 40. still no sign of period.yesterday i done a pregnant test. but negativ. Today i tried to call my gynocology but cant reach anybody. i am confused with my situation.please help!!!
i had my last period on the 17/04/2011 and started my fist clomiphene cycle the next day on 18/04/2011 for 5 days.  since then ive not had my period, my periods are not very regular anyway. i had a blood test on the 21st day and there was no sign of ovulation was a dissappointment but i thought its okay its only the first cycle.
since then ive not had a period and i cant even take anymore clomiphene untill i get a period and its been more than 70 days.

dont know what to do, can anyone hel;p or give some advice? ive been trying to contact my gyno but he doesnt get back to me which is even more stressing!
Hi ttc7,
If you have not yet had a period. Ask your doctor for provera or a similar drug which will simply bring on a bleed (it is called a with drawl bleed). Then you can commence another round of clomid. We had our 1st cycle successful with clomid for our 1st child. I went back on it for our 2nd child, still just 50mg. And it took 8 trials to conceive her. We are currently struggling to conceive our 3rd child. As I am not getting my periods at all after clomid. We have been trying for nearly 1 yr this time. And we have actually consulted a fertility Dr. As we are now looking at the possibility of IVF. As he has changed the dosage from 50mg, to 100mg, then finally 150mg!!! And still no period. Even though we had a vaginal ultra sound, at around day 11. And he said I have 1 mature egg. We are seeing him on Tuesday as I rang up to receive my blood test results (to confirm ovulation), and he left a note with the receptionist to make an appointment to see him. This can not be a good sign :(
All the best.
Hello all, i have taken clomid 50mg for 6days and i ovulated as per the ultrasound which was been monitored closely by my doctor. she was able to tell us the right time to have sex in order to get pregnant. It has been 13days since ovulated, i have no period, i did 3 home preg... test with 2 positive result and 1 negative. Am going to do blood test on thursday to confirm preganancy, i really hope that i am preggas, cuz the entire experience with tryna get preggas is very tedious and time consuming, i hope it's worth it at the end.
As i read from previous comment above that you might not or may have a period after takin Clomid even if you are not preggas, i find this very confusing, if you ovulated and you have sex the time the dr says and you are not preggas then where the d egg go? if you didnt have a period weird i must say. hmmm confused/dont fully understand this. good luck to us all who are tryna conceive, keep the faith ya'all.
Hi everyone, jus thought i let u guys know that i am not pregnant, blood test came back negative even though i had two positive HPT. My Dr. has told me to stop taking the progesterone suppositories and after three days i would have a period, then i have to go back to the office on day 3 of my period and do ultrasound and blood test.
Okay so since am new to this fertility thing and tryna conceive i have a whole lot of questions to ask my dr. when i see her again. I must a lot of things are not explained to you when you start taking Clomid to conceive, the side effects, the false preg.. test, why no period when ultrasound said that you ovulated  and there was no period. am confused and not well informed. Thanks to you guys and was able to understand that you can ovulate and not have a period. My doc even said that i you have a period after about 2 weeks but i didnt and i think that the supp.. have something to do with it.
I have been at this for a while.  Being the optimist I am.  I went off bc @ 10yrs ago and started trying.  My ob/gyn put me through 6 cycles of clomid and I ovulated everytime.  I am pretty much on cycle to the tee.  When there was no success with the clomid she referred me to a fertility specialist.  He went through all his test.  My husband is fine.  My tubes ended up being blocked.  I had surgery.  Found out I had endometriosis pretty severly.  At the time we didn't know how bad it was.  I had 1 tube removed w/part of one ovary.  The surgery took @ 4 1/2 hrs.  We still keep trying.  Our age is getting too far up there so we don't have many options that are cost effect that insurance will cover.  This occured in late Sept. '09.  In late June of this year I thought I was passing kidney stones and it turned out I had a endometrial cyst @ 11cm on my good ovary and another that was 3.4cm on what was left of my other.  I went in for surgery.  Again, it took almost 5hrs.  My doctor said my insides looked like they were super glued together.  I have severe stage 4 endometriosis.  I have nothing but a small part of an ovary and my uterus left.  She said the best time for my last chance to try was now while I was cleaned out since the endo. grows so rapidly.  My first cycle of 50mg of clomid I ovulated, but my period only lasted 3 very short light days which was not normal for me at all.  Even after the surgery I had a normal (for me) cycle.  Lasting 10+days.  My second cycle of 50mg clomid I didn't ovulate and still have not started on day 31.  My cycles are no more than 29 days.  If they are off it runs at 25 days.  I've been w/my husband for over 20yrs and I just feel like this is just some kind of cruel joke.  I guess I just wanted to see others in similar situations.  And to let others know, sometimes I guess we just have to count our other blessings. I thank god everyday for my husband and that other than this my overall health is good.
I was taking clomid the first month got pregnant and lost the baby around seven weeks. Been taking clomid for months and no results. I have taken a couple of breaks and start up clomid again with normal period. I had no period before and I took a pill called provera that started my period. Now my doctor move out state. I am still taking the medicine. Now I took clomid for a month and took a month break. When I took month off. I had no period. I don't know what else to do.
thanks for your sharing. I have the silmiliar experience too here. I am 35 and had miscarriage last year, trying since but no luck. my husband and I both had full lab test and nothing is wrong. i took ovulation home test each month and I did ovulate each month. so doc put me on 50mg clomid and I also took ovulation home test and blood test on 21 day. the weird thing is that home test shows I am ovulating. but my blood test is only 5 - telling I am not ovulating. and my period did not come on day 30 still. so I am totally confused. even my doc said it is a puzzle! I  don't know if I am ovulating or not. and did clomid put me off ovulating? doc told me to do clomid challenge test this month. increase clomid to 100mg. take blood test before taking clomid, another blood test after clomid, then another blood test on day 21. but first of all I have to wait for my period to come! I am at the end of my patience and totally frustrated now.
I am so frustrated trying to have a baby I got prgnant before had two miscarriages that was so easy getting pregnant those two time. Now since they say I have PCOS it is so hard I took my first cycle of clomid on 3-7 i missed October its now November took a HCg and it says negative. Doc say wait 1week then come see him why am I missing my period and the test say negative... Help someone anyone pleaseeeeeeeeeee.....
My wife and I are going thru the same thing and its so frustrating, I need to know if any of the above pple got any positive news maybe I might feel comforted. Its just so bad, u get all the right signs, even that implantation bleeding a negative test. Sigh! I am giving up.
I'm on cycle 5 of clomid, I never had a period after clomid till the 4th try I'm hoping this time works, I'm only able to do six before I have to go to a fertility expert, I'll pray for everyone to become pregnant, Please pray for me too
I just finished my first cycle of clomid. I definitely ovulated and my bbt climbed accordingly. I was beginning to experience either pre-menstrual/early pregnancy symptoms (i.e. back ache, break out on chin, sore breasts), so I definitely thought one or the other would occur. Then my temperature suddenly dropped (A LOT), which would indicate my period was supposed to come. However, it has not, and my temperatures still remain low. Waiting for follow-up with my RE next week, but until then I feel so helpless!
Hi i am currently finished my 3rd round of clomid 100mg my first 2 rounds were 50mg. I am 27 yrs old and i have pcos i have been trying for a baby for nearly 3 years now. I have not had a period since nov last year so my doc told me to just pick a day and start the clomid i really hope it works this time i dont know how much more disappointment i can bare. Wishing everyone the best of luck hope i get some too.
Hey!
Ive had some of the exact same issues...I was off BC for 6 months, and conceived with no help, but miscarried at 10 weeks. I do have PCOS, and endometriosis. I took 4 rounds of clomid with no success, so this month we decided to take a break and my period is 3 days late. I have to go in to the dr on monday to have blood drawn and if that comes back negative start provera and clomid all over again. OH and I have had 2 neg. HPT:(
TTC is so fustrating, and beginning to lose hope! Good luck to you!
What did you do? Did you tell the Doc that you started your cycle and take another dose of Clomid? Did you get pregnant?
Well what happend?
I started having irregular periods a few years ago. I became P around 19 but had a termination due to circumstances. After this I started taking birth control pills for a 5 years then stopped, when I stopped I developed irregular periods ranging from 30-40day cycles.  Have been trying for 4 years now. Had tubes checked, might have 1 blocked but 1 is clear, no thyroid issues.

I have taken clomid to regulate periods and ovulation. I do ovulate without clomid anyway but varies which day. Regulation didn't happen. Stopped clomid this month to have a break after 5 months! Now I have a very late period 45days! ( in the last year I have had cycles 31/36 days?)
Taken 2 tests, not preg, didn't try during ovulation this month.  
I wanted to start IUI this month but no period.
Any ideas on what's happening?

I am experiencing the exact same thing. On day 37, had little bleeding on day 22, no periods still and tests showing negative. Absolutely clueless about whats going on....
Hi I am writing in general to all the posts I have read.  I am 46 years old and want to have another child.  I have two wonderful kids already, but we have been thinking about this for years...maybe too many years...
What I don't understand is that after the Clomid my system has gone crazy.  Everything with me was totally normal and we were going for IUI, but the doctor saw that I did not ovulate for one month (a lot of stress that month) and then decided to put me on Clomid.  My periods were as regular as you get, I could set my watch to it.  I am now 15 days late and he is thinking I have been thrown into a peri-menopausal state.  Where as I have had too many follicles before for him to do the IUI and by his own admission has said that my estrogen, estradiol, and progestrone levels were that of a woman in her twenties.  I am scared and frustrated.  I know this is an old stream, but if anyone out there has any thoughts I would like to hear them.  I believe that women know their bodies and I feel that we have to get our doctors to listen and educate us.