Tubal ligation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Tubal ligation

Has anyone had a tubal ligation with serious side affects or really bad pms symptoms? I am considering after my 4th child is born and I have read about some really bad affects. Can anyone help?
Lisa think twice before you get the tubal.  I had my tubal almost two years ago and the the side effect are pure hell.  I get really bad cramps the week before my period starts and the week I have my period.  So bad that for a day or two I can't even get out of bed.  My flow is so heavy I have to double up on pads.  Plus the mood swings are worse since I got my tubal.  

And the regrett I feel about not having more babies is really bad.  

I am not saying don't get it but just read up on it well.
i had a tubal ligation 16 yrs ago...no side effects whatsoever, and no worries about bc anymore!
I had my tubal ligation done during  a c-section of our 4th son.
I didnt have any side affects after it EXCEPT a little over 3 1/2 yrs later I got Pregnant 3 times and this last time, it ended in an ectopic PG at 8 weeks and  ruptured one of my tubes, so I had to go in and have surgery to have it removed , so I had both of them removed since they were already in there and I wouldnt have to go through anymore M/C's.

Good Luck to you!
I had a tubal 2 years ago, for years I was skeptical. I did my research on line the way you are and spoke very candidly with my doctor about my concerns. The surgery was a piece of cake, very little pain or discomfort and I was back to work in 3 days. I was 35 years old when I had the procedure so I was completly sure that I would never want any more children. That I will never regret, I know that was the best decision for me. The side effects for me are somewhat mild but the things that I have noticed are night sweats, (not really too bad but I do notice it) My periods are usually heavy and some are very heavy however I also have heard with age this happens. I get a few cramps before and after it starts but I always did and as long as I have a uterus I probably will. I take advil and Im fine. Im not moody but then again I really never have been even when I was prego. I think the thing I have noticed the most is I have gained about 10 pounds. This could also be due to me getting older and more comfortable in life :) ..I think for most people the benefits outweight the side effects. Just remember that each of us are different and we have to have our own experiences. Im sure you will make the right choice for you. Good Luck!!!
I had the tubal clamps ten years ago. I have enjoyed them as far as the birth control, but i am getting older now and having the baby blues. i wouldn't advise it unless you are older. My periods are pretty bad, but i have also heard they get worse as we get older. I don't know if it the tubal or the age. no major side effects. The day after i got it done i had to walk laps, because of the GAS i had. I was like a train putting around. it only last a few days though.
I have a?  I haven't had my period this. Month having slight cramps lower stomach.pink/bro discharge /nausea but it stoped)tender breast that stoped)??