Women's Health Community
Unusual color to cervix...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Unusual color to cervix...

Hi everyone - Happy Friday!

I had my annual appointment yesterday and during my Pap (only the third one with this doc, who is great!)... she mentioned that my cervix was not the "normal" color for someone my age, and that she hadn't noticed last time.  

She said it was red, which is more of a teenager color, and not peach for someone my age -- I'm 26.

We're awaiting test results -- never had an abnormal pap, no stds -- any ideas on what that could mean???? I'm REALLY curious, a little nervous, although she said she didn't think it was a concern.  I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I have a very bad rash/irritation down yonder. I thought it was yeast, turns out it's not, just severe dry skin (she prescribed diaper ointment! ha!)...

Any thoughts appreciated!!
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
When I was a teenager I was having my yearly pap and the Dr. asked if I had had children before and I told him no, I dont remember the color he told me but he said my cervex was colored like I had had a child?  Weird Huh?
Blank
Hmm... that is strange! I was looking this up online and saw that when you're pregnant your cervix turns blue! Who knew?
Blank
How about cervical erosion? It's harmless but something like different cells move to the outside of your cervix... I think it clears up eventually...
Blank
That doesn't sound too unusual to me since I took a human reproduction class and our professor said that the cervix is red until you're 25 than pink, not red just as a teenager. You're only 26!
Blank
Thanks punky! That's what I was thinking... the Doc didn't seem to concerned so I'm not... it's just weird, I don't think it's cervical erosion (but who knows), because the only thing that was 'unusual' to her was the color, not texture... hmm, it's a mystery.

Blank
I wouldn't worry about it at all. Maybe you just have a "youthful cervix"! :) Good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank