Using birth control pills after being ejaculated

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I just had sex with my boyfriend today on 20th January 2013.. He blowed inside me twice and I still havent thought about using birth control pills or contraceptive injection.. It worries me much because he ejaculate inside me on my 9th day after my period start (on the 12th Jan 2013)... If I meet the doctor to get the birth control pills or get a shot of the contraceptive injection the next day, will I still be able to get pregnant? I am 24 and I am still not ready to get married due to family reason.
Tags: how to prevent from pregnant, Birth Control, Birth Control Pill, ejaculated, sex, pregnant
hello dear...im not n expert or what but as far as i know u cant do it...iean to have this contol pills or what after the act..since it only takes a couple of seconds for the sperm to get in your uterus or meet up with egg..it was your 9th day u say..well dear just hope for the best or u can wait for a week from today and have a home preg test...
If you ovulate before you get the pill or the injection (Do consider pros and cons, by the way.), you can get pregnant, yes, and taking pills or getting the injection can cause some problems for the unborn child.  I'd make sure to mention to the doctor what happened before starting anything.
Starting the pill now or getting a depo provera shot will not prevent pregnancy (you have to use those measures BEFORE having sex), and as thatquietgirl said, if you do get pregnant, it could cause harm to the child.  

However, what you CAN do is go to the pharmacy and get emergency contraception (also know as the morning after pill or plan B).  It is over the counter now for people over 17, so you don't need a doctor's appointment to get it.  The sooner you take it the better, but I think it's good for up to 5 days after you had sex.

If you can't afford to get pregnant, you should absolutely start using some form of birth control.  I advocate condoms, since they protect against diseases (and some diseases can hide so well that your boyfriend wouldn't even know he was sick).  The pill, the shot, the patch, the nuva ring, or a diaphragm (to name a few) could be added for extra protection.  Keep in mind that you need to take the pill at the same time every day for it to protect you, so go for a patch, nuva ring, or shot if you think you wouldn't be able to do that.
It's actually only good up to 72 hours (3 days) after and, as Anonymouse said, the sooner you take it the better. I hadn't realized you'd said "today."  Definitely go get that to try to avoid pregnancy.  Please note it can cause some changes to your period for the month, sometimes making it come early or even late.