Vagina Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vagina Pain

hi im kayla and im 18 and sometime i have some random sharp shooting pains in the opening of my vagina through my pelvic area and sometimes my anus... these pains feel like someone is taking a knife and sticking it through me.. when i get them i have to bend over and grab my pelvic area since it hurts so bad. im not sexually active so thats not a factor, sometimes i dont get these pains for weeks or ill get them every 3 days, there is no real consistantance with these pains. they just hur VERY bad, im not sure if i should tell someone- which i probably should but its embarssing and i dont to have to have a bunch of tests done on me they freak me out a little bit. so an someone PLEASE help??? thank you.
I know this may sound weird but are they really shooting pains or more like dull aches?  Have you ever been sexually active in your life?  Have you ever been to the gyne? Are you using tampons for your period? That is really strange symptomatically.  To have shooting pains, anywhere, is never a good thing.  If they are constant, you definitely need to tell someone.  These boards are only here for general advice, etc.  I tell ya, if I was getting stabbing knife like pains in my vag, I would run, not walk to the OBGYN.
well, you should not be embarrassed at all. are these sharp pains before and during your period? are you constipated? if you have irritable bowel syndrome that can give you those feelings along w. a few other symptoms. you should go to the dr. its probably something simple that they can help ya out with. why be in pain??
I have had similar pains.  About 3 years ago is when they started.  I would be in the kitchen and out of nowhere comes these sharp, shooting pains through my vagina and anal area.  When it starts, the pain is mild so it gives me time to set down my coffee cup or whatever and brace myself for what is coming.  I have to stand up, cross my legs together, hold on to something and bend over and just try to breath.  The pain builds like labor pains.  It only lasts a few seconds.  I honestly think it's worst than labor pains it's just that it only lasts for a short time.  Anyway, I didn't have them for a couple of years and about 3 months ago they came back.  I never know when it's going to happen and it's not everyday, but it's at least once every 3 days.  Sometimes 3 times a day.  I tried to explain it to my gyno and she said she never heard of it before. The other day it happend while I was on the toilet and you can't sit down through this kind of pain.  I had to stand up, drawers on the floor to get through it.  It's very scary.  What is going on?
hi im also getting thse pains i know im not pregnant i have been wiv my boyfriend for5 years and are definatly nt prgnant i also havnt had sex since prob nearly 2 weeks so it cant be that either its really sore i have phoned th docor 2day and they not sure they just say virul infection as always i does scare me beause no mater where i have looked o internet i cn find any answrs x
Hi my name is Jacquie I'm 22 & I also get these pains it hurts like child birth & won't stop