Vaginal Cuff Biopsy & Normal Pap

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal Cuff Biopsy & Normal Pap

I am 38 (turn 39 next week) I had a TVH in June of 09....they took my right ovary & tube. My left ovary & tube are still intact! the reason for my TVH was due to a uterine prolapse and they took my ovary & tube due to a large cyst on my right ovary. I have had no troubles since up until 3 weeks ago when intercourse became painful again. So I went to my Dr and she found a granuloma near my vaginal cuff. She also did a pap smear. So she referred me back to the Dr that did my TVH I saw him yesterday and he did an exam and saw 2 areas that looked suspicious. He wanted to look at them closer.

Well the 2 areas became just 1 and he took a biopsy of the 1 because he said it had some color to it. I am anxiously awaiting the results!!! I got my pap smear results back today and they were NORMAL!!! So my question is do I have to worry about my biopsy results now that my pap smear came back normal? Can you still have vaginal cancer and have a normal pap smear?

Any insight is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Lisa =)
I can understand your concern but biopsy is the most accurate test for detection of vaginal cancer. Although you have had normal PAP, but you should wait for the biopsy report as it can only rule out cancer.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.