Women's Health Community
Vaginal Discharge - Strong, Weird Odor...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vaginal Discharge - Strong, Weird Odor...

I have been having a strong, sometimes ammonia-like discharge. It's more than the "normal" amount. I'm pretty sure its strong enough the if anyone got close enough they'd really be bothered. Every air of under\waer is at least very damp after just a few hours.

My diet hasn't changed, I've been on the pill and even chnaged pills last month thinking that might help and it has not.

I don't have any itching, burning, UTIs, etc. I had so many other things to discuss with my doc, that I completely forgot to ask about this. More than the reason why, I really want to know how to get rid of it or cover it up. It's gorssing me out and its embarassing.

Does anyone know how I could help this other than scented panty liners?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It could be an infection like bacterial vaginosis. Some women with this infection only has odor and discharge while others have more symptoms.
Blank
1140344_tn?1266551359
I've been having it before and since my last gyn exam, and my doc didn't notice anything. hmmm. would anything aside from antibiotics work?
Blank
NO scented ANYTHING.  That might be one of your issues, hun.  I had a problem like this.  I was very prone to things such as BV and UTIs.

My doctor said to use unscented soaps, pads, and tampons--no feminine products including the "feminine washes" because they do have small amounts of perfume in the mixtures.  

What I've done to alleviate this problem is only use Cetaphil soap "down there".  I use regular soap on one bath pouf for my body and then the Cetaphil soap on another pouf only for my lady area.  I color-code the poufs so that I don't forget which is which.

This soap is a little on the pricey side about $10 USD a bottle but you get a good amount and don't have to use much.  I'm telling you it has helped me out tremendously.  My friend's gf had the same problem and it helped her out.  Some women are just more sensitive to perfumes than others.  :D

I really hope this helps you some.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank