Vaginal Laceration

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal Laceration

My question or issue is 2 fold. For the past 8-10 years (after the birth of my son) I have noticed that EVERY time I douche (which I have now discontinued, have my period, or have sex I immediately develop vaginal redness/itching/swelling/milky dischage with a distinct fishy or coppery odor/discomfort when urinating. Until last week I had not been sexually active for OVER a year. After having sex for the first time with a new boyfriend/partner these same symptoms have reappeared. I have researched alot and feel it is possible my Ph levels are abnormal and wonder if ANYONE has tried the new product Rephresh? It sounds like it may be the cure for what I am going through. I was diognosed w/ BV early in 2005, and that cleared up after meds...it seems to reoccur frequently though. Any suggestions?
Also, my new partner has a genital piercing (new one for me), we were SHOCKED to look down after sex and see blood (alot of it).After much cleansing and panic I found 2 tears or lacerations to my vagina. They are in a peculiar location,stemming from my urethra upward to below my clitoris. The only conclusion we could draw was that either it had been SO long for me that it was strenuous & I tore...or possible rocking motion against the steel ring/balls of the Prince Albert he has against this delicate tissue/pelvic bone caused the tear/cut. It has been a week and it does not appear infected...but is not healing as fast I had hoped either. Any advice, words of wisdom, or comments from those with experience will be greatly appreciated.
Please go to a doctor.  The odor shouldn't be there, and if Rephresh is all you need, the doctor should be able to advise you, but it sounds like BV.  The tears won't heal well if you also are dealing with infection, they will be likely to get infected.  Time to book an ob-gyn appointment, I think.
I had a vaginal laceration when i was 6 years old. I was not molested or raped. I fell between the monkey bars at school. I ripped about 3cm... would this affect me becoming pregnant? I am 21 years old and I have had unprotected (stupid) sex several times and Im starting to wonder if this could be the reason...
I had a vaginal laceration tear and had to have immediate sx I was wondering would this have cause a lost of my g spot