Vaginal Pimples??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal Pimples??

Okay,.. this really is happening to a FREIND of mine and I came on here originally to get her some guidance since she doesnt believe that her syptoms (symptoms) are not NORMAL. She claims that even at the age of 13 , years before she was sexually active at all, that on the inside lips ( labia?) of her vagina she gets pimples/zits. She said she was really scared at first but after asking a family friend who is also a nurse, she was told that this was normal and if they got painful she could try to scweeze them, which she did and got a white puss out then they would go away. She said she was told these are caused by stress. She said she gets them off and on  and they dont usually bother her at all. I tld her this is not normal and could be an STD, that no other woman I have ever met has EVER had something like that, but I really wonder since she SWEARS that this happened way before she was ever sexually active and that none of her partners even her ex-husband has ever claimed they got these things on their genitailia after being with her. I think I believe her but it just doesnt sound right to me and I worry about her health. (she has 2 children)
So, do any doctors out there have any observations/advice about this?
I'm also looking for answers in this kind of situation. I have a 5 year old daughter that has all of a sudden broken out with things on her buttocks and vagina area. That look just like pimples with a white head and it seem she had them yesterday and are going away today.. I know for a fact she has never been sexually abused she never really leaves my side except to go to school... But I do have 2 people on rare occasions come and visit that have herpes...I'm worried with fear .. I really need some kind of info on this...Please someone help if you can...

Destorted mother in destress...Please help...
some women (very rarely) do develop pimply type pustules in that area.  The sexually active woman should have regular STI checks though, as these can make it difficult to differentiate should something nastier crop up. If you friend has not had an STI check then I would recommend she does and then you can both rest easier.   If they ooze pus they are normally a small localised infection, commonly caused by staphlococcus aureus, and anti biotics can help in some instances.  Furthermore, someone who is prone to these type of things should not shave in that area, as it can lead to ingrown hairs as well.
In the smaller child however, thrush or fungal infections can develop as small white-topped pimples with underlying redness.... and sometimes it can be a bit like a nappy rash.  Make sure your daughter is in cotton undergarments, and bathes daily, keeping the area clean and dry.  Perhaps try cleaning her with warm water after toileting as well.  If it doesnt clear in a couple of days see your doctor - you could also try an over the counter antifungal ointment.  
Hope this helps :)
Whiteheads in the vaginal region are not rare--particularly if you are prone to breakouts elsewhere. About once a year I will get one. Lately with menopause and some serious night sweats they have become very common. It's just a clogged pore. Sometimes they need antibiotic treatment. I don't advise popping them as that might make the infection worse or spread it. Warm baths with sea salt always cleared mine up (no tub in this house :(  ). You can bring the pimples to a head with a warm bath cloth--I have used aloe and calendula ointment--I even had to have one lanced back in my teens. I think all the shaving and waxing these days just makes the problem worse and all the feminine products with synthetics don't help either as one irritates the skin in the area and the other keeps the skin from breathing.  Wear cotton underclothing and let the area breath whenever possible and if you can find them: cotton feminine products can really help.