Vaginal Tear - Herpes or Yeast Infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I have been dealing with vaginal burning and redness for 2-3 months now. The only time I find minor relief is during the week of my period and about a week thereafter. Otherwise, the levels of discomfort vary but I never feel as though the pain is ever truly gone. I'm sure my stress doesn't make it any easier...

But on to my question - Last night, a tear opened in my vaginal area. It is located under my pubic hair at the top of my outer vaginal lips. The tear bled a small amount but I saw no other fluid. I have no other tears in or outside of my vagina. I'm wondering if this tear closely resembles a herpes lesion or if it sounds more like something that would be caused by a severe yeast infection? I would get the tear swabbed and cultured, but it tends to start healing fairly quickly...

Any info is greatly appreciated!
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/WomensHealth/messages/674.html.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/WomensHealth/messages/188.html

Wanted to give you these archived sites to read over.  Saw your post on some other sites....think I may have even responded to one.  Just finished a big long post about our similarties and lost it somehow.  So in a "nutshell" (or at least a coconut shell!), it seems that Drs don't know much about the cause of these vaginal tears.  I'm finding that women who are both positive and negative for Herpes-2 have them.  Unfortunately, if you're positive, they tend to assume that's what's causing them.  My problem with that is I have had off and on cuts (with only a day or two without) for about 6-8 weeks now.  Supposedly, Herpes outbreaks only last 2-3 weeks tops.  Lately, my vaginal area has been VERY dry, and has suffered some or all of the following symptoms:  inflammation, redness, swelling, itchiness and overall discomfort.   I have had issues with Group B strep in the past two years and recently treated for what I thought to be another occurence, but I feel so confused about what's normal anymore, I'm not sure whether to get a refill for the Group B strep or if all these symptoms are caused by the Herpes Infection  (or if my parts are hopelessly falling apart.)

My main goal was to let you know not to stress about Herpes as it very well may not be.  And even if it is, it's not the end of the world.  (And you have all of us to support you!)  I hope you find some comfort soon.  Let us know what you find out as there are many of us still looking for answers.

Both my husband and i had full screening for VD prior to marrage. I have a few open wounds in my pubic area - very itchy.  I am trying to get pregnant and  so really concerned this could creat a complication.
If it is herpies (herpes)...don't fear...you can still get pregnant...I have herpies (herpes) and have a 7 month old...more than likely you will have a c-section...
Check out vulvodynia. Also the vaginal splits and tears can be associated with low estrogen levels or possibly a vulvar dermatological problem like lichen planus.

Find a good knowledgable gyn or specialist.
Thats the same thing with me! I have been getting this annoying cut on the left side near my vaginal opening and its not very big (No bumps or anything) and right after that heeled I got another paper like cut on the right side of my Vaginal opening and it seems they are on the crease! I have No clue what it is or if I should be worried! I just turned 20 and have only had one yeast infection in my entire life! I dont know if its a Yeast Infection or Genital Herpes outbreak! I got tested for Genital herpes which came out negative, but I have been looking online and alot of people say that many people get a misdiagonosis of Herpes as a Yeast infection. That is when I was diagonosed with a yeast infection (Papsmear and they found alittle Yeast). I've been lost ever since the Middle of November because this is when it seems to have been happening!
I am not sure about your diagnosis- but I do know I was diagnosed with herpes and when I have outbreaks it is only slight little cuts I have never had anything else.  Valtrex does seem to work good as a treatment.
Hi ladies.  There is another forum in here on this topic and I came across this one as well.  I cannot believe that so many of us are having the same issue with no results!  I am 24 and have suffered from these vaginal tears and itching off and on for many years.  I have found that it comes at the same general time in my menstrual cycle... and it is definately NOT HERPES!  I have regular check ups and have never been diagnosed with herpes (even before I became sexually active!).  I too think that it has something to do with the vaginal flora and the yeast levels.  I am a certified herbalist and nutritionalist, and I am starting to think that the cause for all of this may be a systemic candida infection.  Candida albicans is the scientific name for yeast.  When it becomes systemic it can cause all kinds of problems.  Google it and you will find many holistic websites that list the many and varied symptoms.  It effects everyone differently, so it can be hard to diagnose.  This is also the reason why the mainstream medical community does not really recognize systemic candida infections as a real illness.  

We are all on some version of the standard american diet... over processed foods with too much refined sugar>> candida's best friend!  I am not sure if this is a definitive answer, but don't be surprised if your GYN blows it off.  Most of them will not accept this as an answer but I am going to look into it more... Unfortunately, curing systemic candida usually requires major diet changes and a strict herbal regimen.  I will post again with more info when I can.  Good lcuk to you all... keep the info coming!
Hey freya_faery,
  Thanks for your very informative comment. You're 100% correct!!!! I appreciate your knowledge. Please continue to bless with any additional info. PEACE AND BLESSINGS!!!!!!!
WOW!  I can not believe that this is such an undiagnosed and unsolved problem for us.  I have all of the SAME issues...and I'm not even going to write my history or symptoms, because they are the SAME as almost all of the posts I just read.  
So here's my question:

what can I put on my vulva to stop the itching?

And here's my tip:

try pouring a cup of cool water over your vulva while urinating when you have tears/fissures...it dilutes the urine and decreases the burning.  

And here's my theory/question/hypothesis:

are we suffering from yeast infections/varying pH levels due to estrogen level imbalances?

peace to all...and let's FIGURE THIS OUT!  :-)

Just a brief update ladies - Since originally submitting this post, I am really no closer to understanding what is going on...I tested negative for herpes 16+ weeks past my last initimate encounter. I have not gotten the cut for a couple of months now, but the burning and tingling pains continue after my period on a monthly basis.

I'm thinking this may be a hormonal issue - likely estrogen. I have been under enormous amounts of stress the past 6 months or so. In recent months my periods have become much lighter. Although I take birth control, I am wondering if there is not enough estrogen in my pill to overcome a natural estrogen dificiency. (However, I have had some light brown spotting today. It is about six days before my period, so I am not sure if this something abnormal or just my body secreting some old blood.)

I have been tested repeatedly for STDs and all have been negative.  I have had several wet mounts to check for BV and yeast and those were also negative. A urine culture was normal as well.

Besides hormones - other possible causes??

Hypersensitivity to yeast
pH levels
Dermatological problems - lichen planus or lichen sclerosis

Please ladies - Keep posting so we can all help each other!!

i've been dealing with this same thing.  it started happening about 2 years ago, and back then it was frequent (once a month after my period) and finally i used a treatment for yeast infections and it went away immediately.  it didn't return until about a month and a half ago, when i started having sex with a new partner.  it wasn't very bad and went away after a few days, no cuts this time.  then, after a particularly long sexual session a few weeks ago it came back like crazy.  i had a terrible discharge and went to the doctor.  today i got the results and was told i had a strep b infection, and given a prescription for amoxil.  i only had one cut this time, at the top of my labia which happened when i was pulling them apart to look at everything.  i have been freaking out that this is herpes, but the tests showed this strep b infection.  the only info i can find on that is for pregnant women, elderly women, or women with compromised immune systems.  i'm none of those .  has anyone had this problem?  
I'm both relieved and troubled to see so many ladies having the same problem. I was worried it was herpes at first, but I have had no contact with the virus. I noticed the problem began when I became active with a new partner, like echopk said. I have had intense vaginal itching and this tear for over awhile now...only relief being during and just after my period, like someone else said! I have tried yeast treatments, including taking regular probiotic supplements, but nothing seems to help.

I think it is possible the tear comes from pulling the labia apart to see what was going on with the itching (I was doing this very frequently for awhile) and possibly from sexual activity, also.

Do you think it is safe to get a bikini wax while having this problem? I'm really not sure...
I am so happy to see I am not alone.  I have had a cut on the right side of my vagina for months now, it seems to be reoccuring and some times it is worse then others.  You need to realy fold back the lips in order to see it which is why i feel it hasnt healed because i have had it for about 5 months.  I felt it but never saw it until i took a look a week ago and i was shocked! it look like someone took a knife to me!  I just got back from the gyno about an hour ago and he took a culture and blood to see if it was herpes but he told me he was most likely from intercourse.  Hasr anyone had a tear for 5 months ? it seems liek so long and how can i remedy this!?!
I get little cuts in my labia in like the curves and stuff and at the opening of my vagina, i dont think its herpes because ive had it before i even started intercourse, im going to get checked out though... but its really annoying i thought it was from just frequent masturbation or masturbating when im too dry or just whiping to roughly or spreading it open to take a look.. either way i just hope it isnt herpes.
hi everybody. i am a mid 30 yr old that has experienced years of very similar experiences. since my ealry 20's, i have had trying times with inexplicable itchiness and tears during both active and inactive sexual times. moderate times i just felt like i was crazy because the itchiness was so intense and there was no indication of yeast infections or sti's whatsoever. after a few more intense with it, i finally met a dr who thinks that i have lichen sclerosis. (LS). at first i thought this was a rare skin disorder, but i am finding out through research that more and more this is a common experience for women. just as an idea, i suggest you checking into some info about it on the internet when you can- whether for yourselves or other women, i think it could be useful and also a condition that is far too rarely explored or talked about in comparison to it's prevelace these days.
i had an issue where my opening was slightly itchy. i have anissue with toilet paper so i assumed that was it. then it got a little worse, but no odor, no discharge. then i experienced tearing and small cracks. then the skin of my labia started peeling and falling offf...turns out these are symptoms of a bad yeast infection. that no one tells you about. i am on the treament now and will tell you how it goes.

***@****

p.s. there is now some edvidence that yeast infection can be caused by too little lubrication
i also ma having tears with itching but i am begining to think it has to do with hormonal changes and estrogen levels maybe something to do with pre-menapause please continue to bring more information to the rladies here on this board i found it very relieving ladies thank you for sharing because i was begining to think i was out suffering alone until i came across this site. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!
HI~! First of all, I have the same complications as you all do. I have been to the doctor lately and they put me on estrogen to build up my levels and yes the yeast is causing this mess for me. I just wanted to let you know. Thanks!
An autoimmune disease called Behcet's Syndrome's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing inflammation, then later, vaginal sores, cuts, fissures, bumps, boils, or folliculitis (in grown hairs).Other symptoms develop weeks to years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. It is important you see a doctor who know's enough to help you. Ask them about Behcet's Syndrome, if they don't know enough to tell you what it is, they won't be able to tell you if you have it or not. You can also contact the free American Behcet's Disease Website for much more information. Behcet's is not contagious and it doesn't run in families. It is commonely triggered by strep throat, food poisoing or other infections or for unknown reasons that have damaged the immune system. Stress, injury, common illnesses, and genital to gential (genital) contact are common causes for later flares. People with this illness need to rest more often and take better care of themselves. Even then, they will need medicine and a good doctor to stay well. Some common symptoms that can develop are chronic yeast infections, bowel, or bladder inflammaton,  arthritis, chronic fatique, muscle pain, and eventually eye inflammation and central nervous system symptoms during flares. It is different for everyone who has it.  I recommend you get the  herpes blood test to make sure you don't have herpes, if it's negative, there is agood chance you have the early symptoms of BD.. You need a really smart doctor. Behcet's syndrome is treated by a Rheumotologist. I would see one of them if it turns out you don't have an STD.

Wow, than God I came across this post - I been freaking out, wondering why I must be the only one having these issues, etc, etc - but obviously this is a too-common problem for women.

I will be making a GYN appt. this week. I actually DO have genital herpes (I believe it would be considered type 1 - b/c I got it from oral sex, or so the tests showed) and have had it since about 2003 or so. My first outbreak was bad (blisters, sores, fun stuff :-/) but I didn't have another one till winter of 2007 - or at least, not one that I ever noticed.

Now all of a the past few months it seems like a tear on my left vaginal lip (near the crease) forms the week of or after I get my period (if I get my period - I'm on BC and sometimes it just doesn't come strong at all).  I think it may be an outbreak of Herpes for me, but it seems weird that all of a sudden it's happening so often.

I've been going through problems with my boyfriend of almost 3 years for a long time now, and wonder if perhaps that stress could be causing it. It just seems like there could be so many reasons behind it and not knowing is scary. Glad to see I'm not alone...thank ladies.
herpes 1 tends to be much milder than herpes 2, it very rarely causes gential (genital) symtpoms, but it is possible. This is one of the reasons it is so hard for Behcet's patients to get diagnosed, because most of them have herpes 1. I have herpes 1, but my doctors couldn't ingore the intensity of my genital symptoms, which are not commonly seen in this milder form of the herpes virus. I would just want to keep an eye on it. Try to rest and take good care of yourself and let go of the stress and see how it goes. If this becomes and on going problem, it may not be herpes 1 causing the problem. The best way to tell is for your doctor to do cultures of your lesions to see if they are coming from herpes 1 or not. What test did you have that showed you have herpes 1? Was it the blood test? If so, that just means you have it, most people do, it does not necessarily mean it's what is causing your problems. I hope you the very best.
Thanks for the response trac.

When I first got a breakout back in 03 or so (from my boyfriend of over a year - sure as hell didn't stay with him much longer), they tested the lesions, so it was definitely positive. Than, just b/c I hadn't seemed  to have a break out in forever and I wanted to reassure myself as well as b/c my fiance encouraged it, I got a blood test done last spring and it came back positive for herpes 1 which the doc told me wasn't as severe as herpes 2 (um, I guess that's something to my thankful for...)

But now with what's going on the past couple months - I had been just going to Planned Parenthood for my care, b/c they sufficed - now I think it's time to find a personal GYN that I can discuss all my concerns with. I will definitely be asking about that Behcet's thing you mentioned.

I'm trying to think of all the things that have changed that could be causing it - I moved back in with my parents in Sept (I'm 24, so that is DEFINITELY stressful) been going through bad patches and shaky ground with my boyfriend/sometimes fiance - more stress.

And I've found that the well water in my house is HARD. It drives my face out like nobody's business, and since some people have wondered whether this is a dermatology-centered problem, I wonder if that could have anything to do with it...

What else...I had to have a biopsy and get soem irregular cells frozen and scraped out in early 06 - I've been on birth control pills since 2000 - (novum 777 for a couple years now) and I used to get yeast infections 2-4 times a year - though oddly enough, when I was diagnosed with herpes, I stopped getting them even that often. Weird...

Anybody else get a little annoyed at how complicated it can be to keep woman parts in good shape?  Sheesh!
I NEED ALL OF YALL HELP THE FIRST TWO WEEKS I HAD ITCHING IN MY VAGINAL LIPS AREA. AND THEN IT WENT AWAY THEN LATER MY VAGINAL AREA START TURNING RED AND THEN GOES AWAY AND WHEN ITS NOT RED IT LOOK PEELING LIKE . MY LIPS INSIDE MY VAGINAL AREA IS SWOLLEN ON ONE SIDE ONLY. IT BECOMES SWOLLEN AFTER SEX AND AFTER I RUBE IT SOMETIMES WITH TISSUE I AM VERY SCARED I DONT KNOW WHATS HAPPENING I WENT TO DOCTOR AND GOT TESTED FOR YEAST INFECTIONS , CALYMODIA, GORREHNA, AND OTHER CULTURES AND CAME MAKE NORMAL. AND I TOLD MY P-ARTER HE GOT CHECK FOR THE SAME THINGS INCULDING HERPS AND ALL HIS TESTS WERE NORMAL WHAT DO YOU THINK IT CAN BE SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE
you girls should try this secrete, it works...... fill a medium size bowl half way with very hot water(make sure the bowl is big enough to sit on, and do not put your weight on the bowl), add about 1-2 full cup of iodized salt..... and sit on it for about 20-30 minutes........do not let the hot water to touch your skin because you only need the steam to penetrate in your vagina area. Try this two time daily after shower for a week........ you will notice some discharge after every sitting. I remember having some serious vagina infection with boil like sore on the side of my vagina,   and i was too shy to talk about it, so i did the salt therapy and it worked. That has been since 1994, I am married now with two kids and has never been diagnosed with any STD or vagina infection.
I am 29 years old with three kids and in a relationship with the same partner for seven years now. (I know there are no affairs on either side) There isn’t now nor ever and STD problem EVER. Neither me or my husband…we have been threw a lot with our kids and have a very strong bond…so the herpes or std factor does not apply to me at all!

I have been on birth control on and off for 7 years as well. After my last pregnancy, my woman area both inside and out has just went to hell… I had 2 c-sections and lets just say nothing ever get put back exactly right where it was. It cause me to have a really sever bladder problem which I take Detrol LA for. I take birth control now even though I had my tubes tied cause my hormones were just shot and my doctor recommend it). For the last 4 months I have had another problem down there. For no reason it will turn really red, get itchy, and I will get these cuts in different places. Sometimes at the top and sometimes at the bottom. I have extremely sensitive skin as well and my husband though that a new body wash was the cause so we threw it out. But it has happen three more times since then (which was in May.) The last time was 8/07/08 and I’m still suffering from it. I use a triple antibiotic ointment on it till it finally goes away. (It helps the cut heal faster and keep the area moist too)  I have read all of the postings and mine usually happen when me and my husband do and don’t have sex…and it happens when I’m on my period or when it isn’t even time for it.

We are under a lot of stress and that comes natural with kids, and a mortgage. I thought it might have something to do with the pool we got (the chlorine levels maybe but we test the chlorine and ph levels at least four times a week), but we had the exact same pool last summer and my first “painful experience” was almost two full months before we got the new pool. After reading the other post I do believe it has to do with the estrogen levels and yeast infections or some type of infection. (I have been dealing with an ear problem for a while. I believe I may have an ear infection but I keep putting it off…the doctor isn’t exactly cheap ya know!) I got the gyno a lot for the bladder control problem but I haven’t discussed this yet cause the first time I thought it was a reaction to the body wash and brushed it off and I haven’t been back yet.

I included the extra info about myself cause I wanted everyone to know that it happens to the married mom too and not just to the “new partner”. I don’t want other women to feel like it’s a sexual problem cause sex is about the last factor for me. And there are so many factors with me that it was about to drive me nuts trying to figure out exactly what the cause could be.

I’m so glad I found this posting…it has giving me a few idea that I hadn’t even thought about asking about and doing my own personal research as well. I will do more research into my hormone levels to see if that is the biggest factor and the personal dryness as well.

~And to all of you wonderful women who took the time to share your own experience with the rest of us and help us all figure out what is going on with ourselves…THANK YOU. I felt so compelled to share what I was going threw in order to possible help someone else. We need to keep this going and when we find out something we need to post that as well. We learn a lot from each other…you girls kick so much ***!

Thank You So Very Much!
I recently had to go to the hospital to have a carbuncle (huge boil) lanced on one side of my vagina, it was horrible! anyways than I was on penecillan and t3 with codeine but after I finished the perscription, the cut on my vagina opened up and than I got another paper like cut down there and when I pee it stings! It's red, itchy and tender down there as well. I just wish all of this would go away and I could get back to my normal life with my boyfriend, I am only 22 years old. I am going to the doctor tomorrow but I think I have a yeast infection!!!!
I have suffered from vaginal tears for about a year and a half, my doctor told me it was post- thrush infection.He prescribed me many different types of creams but none of them made any difference. It really is a horrible experience and makes your sex life extremely painful. I did a lot of research about Candida Albicans and I bought Threelac a year ago but never used it. I then decided to give it a go, and after about a week I had a LOT of vaginal discharge, even more than when you have thrush but without the itching, which I can only imagine was dead Candida. About a month has past now and I can gladly say I'm almost cured, for the first time after a year and a half. It's really a breakthrough. In my opinion these vaginal tears are definitely linked to Candida Albicans, but as someone else here pointed out the doctors will never admit that. I'm not here to promote Threelac as there are many different cures for Candida Overgrowth e.g. a non- sugar diet, exercise and many different supplements which kill off candida. I actually read some worrying things about threelac and am considering trying another supplement instead. This problem seems to be much more widespread than I realized and the doctors don't seem to have a cure unfortunately. Hope my story helps.
Dear Ladies,
I think I may have found a solution for myself and everyone. I have been dealing with all of the same issues and all of the wrong diagnosis for the past 3 years. I won't get into all of my issues because they mirror all of yours.

Last week, I went to see a UROGYNECOLOGIST that I was referred to. He told me he believe that the cause of the itching, burning, tearing/papercuts etc. was from muscle spasms of the LEVATOR muscles of the vaginal area. He said spasms can cause this type of itching.

I thought he was crazy. He told me to call the office when the itching was intense and they would have me evaluated by their PELVIC FLOOR THERAPIST. He also told me to stop using the steroid cream I'd been prescribed by my GYN. He said the cream only served to thin the skin and make the tearing/papercuts worse.

Last night I woke up at 4:00AM with intense itching/burning/throbbing. It had been building for days. I was seen by the Pelvic Floor Therapist at 11:00AM. She hooked me up to a machine that looked kind of like a ultrasound machine. She placed sensors on my lower abdomen, inside my vagina, and just inside the rectum. Within seconds of turning on the machine she said, "You are definitely spasming." She asked me to do Kegle-type exercises and some deep breathing.

The result is this... many women internalize their stress which causes the Levator muscles to spasm. The spasms cause intense itching or burning or both and a discharge sometimes. In addition, the scratching or rubbing of the vaginal area during the times of extreme irritation leads to the tearing/papercuts -- especially if you are using steroid-based creams for relief (as they thin the skin).

She gave me a treatment by inserting a small instrument into the vagina which sent electrical impulses into the muscles. It was not painful at all -- there was just a warm sensation. She also gave me simple vaginal muscle exercises to perform at home. I'm supposed to go back weekly for the electrical impulse therapy until the condition is under control.

She told me she had a patient come to her that had had this condition for 25 years and within a month of this therapy was pain/itch free. She did say that this is a condition I will probably have all my life but proper management will prevent the flaring.

Lastly, the Urogynecologist suggested that if I needed and extra boost until the therapy and exercises begin working, he could prescribe Xanex to use on an as needed basis. I didn't take the Xanex because I want to give this therapy a chance to work.

I have looked up Levator Spasms on Google but can only find information about problems with the rectum.

I hope gives all of you some new direction in finding a solution to this problem.
Well I have been having two paper like cuts on corresponding sides at the top of my vaginal lips, also one long one at the side of my rectum, they have been there for about 2 months, I recently moved to another country so I was busy and tried to ignore this...  the cuts seem to get better until I have a shower then they open up again, today I notice in the vaginal folds/outer lips, a creamy white discharge... now I believe after looking at some pics it could very well be a yeast infection...

I was going out of my mind thinking about herpes and thought maybe my husband cheated on me but we are both deeply in love and faithful but needless to say the thought crossed my mind....  I think I should just go to the doctor and finish with this... but for those of you that are interested, here are some pics of yeast and the one with the long cuts looks like mine, my discharge is also located in the lip creases....

http://www.dermnet.com/thumbnailIndex.cfm?moduleID=18&moduleGroupID=545&groupIndex=0&numcols=0
Hi Ladies,
This forum was really helpful to me during the past several months when I was beside myself with vaginal tears and bleeding after sex.  I just want to give some hope out there to those of you who aren't sure if you'll ever have the answer--  After several visits to the gyno I have a diagnosis:

- My vaginal (and perianum) tears are a symptom of chronic yeast infections.  Before we figured this out, my doctor prescribed a steroid cream (which some of you seemed to also try) and it just made it worse.  After that cream, we tried an anti-fungal cream, and it worked amazingly.  I put it on 1 or 2 times per day, or whenever I feel an itch, and I haven't had any vaginal tears after sex.  It is a miracle!

- I also have had some vaginal bleeding-- from inside, not just from the tears around the opening. My doctor figured out that this was due to chronic cervicitis (inflammation of the cervix).  The cervicitis is a symptom of something i have called cervical ectropion. This just means that some cells in my cervix are exposed to my vaginal canal (and shouldn't be) and these cells are more fragile, so they bleed when I'm having sex.   She gave some options about treatment, but it seems like the options only solve some cases, and in the other cases women just live with it.  Anyone else out there have this?

Thanks!
I believe dgrabowski's doctor found the answer.  I find that I too have these vaginal tears under stress.  The labia is red, irritated, often with white discharge present....and the cracks or tears are like paper cuts and hurt alot and sting when you urinate.  When it happens, it seems to happen when I'm stressed, or at a certain time of my cycle.  And it seems to get better when I start my period.  I believe it's hormone related.  I think it's because the hormones and stress somehow causes an imbalance of the pH of the vagina discharge.  And the burning and irritation is constant, because of the pH of the discharge is not normal and there is more discharge when it happens.  Your vagina is more acidic than basic.  Think about your sensitive tissues around your labia being soaked in basic fluids all day....they should be irritated.  The irritation stops when my period starts, and I believe it's because the pH of blood is not irritating to the tissues.  At times like these I'm glad to start my period.   And it can be yeast too, because when the pH of the vagina gets more basic, yeast can grow...you may notice white creamy or thick discharge....should get it checked....you can get a yeast infection on your clitoris too, and it can get all swollen and have some white discharge around it....ouch!

This is what works for me...and it could be helpful for you too...but I'm not a doctor and not treating anyone here...just sharing...

I know that vaginal douching is not considered a good thing...but let me tell you ladies....it's the ONLY thing that works for me when I'm hurting down there...I did this a few times....I cleaned myself out with cool water and it gets all the irritating discharge out and lets me rest for the night....you don't need a douching kit...just use your fingers to get the discharge out..carefully....I do this because, no matter how many times you wash the labia, it doesn't matter because more discharge will be coming out and irritating your skin again....please no soap...just cool water...and when you urinate...it will sting....make sure before you urinate that you have a towel or napkin drenching with cool water waiting to be pressed to the area and a pitcher of cool water....because it hurts to pee on those tears...and I know, I sympathize.....and it hurts to wipe with dry tissue...so what I do is..when I pee, I take the cup or pitcher of cool water and pour it on my labia while I pee.  It really helps to keep the sting away...pregnant women use a similar method called a sitz bath after they have their baby.  And then when I'm done,  I dab several cool fully soaked tissues on the area ...let the water drip into the toilet, or just rinse.  Always, always do it in the same way you wipe....front to back..so you don't get your cuts infected.  Make sure when you're pouring that the water is moving from the front to the back...and not vice versa.  Do not leave the area wet.  As soon as your done dabbing/rinsing...dab with dry tissues.  Keep the area clean and dry...airdry is best.....make sure you clean out the residue white discharge that may be lingering around in between your labia because that can contribute to the irritation too.  Put some Vaseline on your cuts....just a thin layer.  (I was just reading on a different website that Crisco shortening works very well for this, never tried it though).  And don't have sex, until your healed!  Believe me, I didn't know and all it did was make the tears worse....!  Next important thing is wear loose fitting underwear that is made from cotton.  That will keep away too much moisture and irritation.  (hint: dresses and skirts will make it less painful)...And when you sleep...try not to wear any underwear at all...it helps immensely and frees you from feeling yucky and sore.  Clean, dry, and put Vaseline on before you sleep.  And  treat the problem.  If it is yeast or other infection, treat it or it won't go away.......exercise, eat healthy, and keep stress down...see your doctor.
WOW!

So many comments on here and here I was thinking I was the only one suffering. I have had the same symptoms on and off for at least a year and it drives me INSANE.
Whenever I notice the cuts they are always on the creases and the biggest one always reoccurs on the left side of my vagina.
I also suffer from what I think is abnormal discharge which varies from large amounts of clear mucous to thick yellow, so whether I am suffering from a yeast infection I can't be sure.

I have tested positive for chlamydia before, which luckily I got treated as soon as I found out I had it. I recently went back to a different gp for check up tests which all came back normal.

I also suffer from a sore which comes back in exactly the same spot every time that eventually scabs over and goes away.
I have been tested for Herpes twice, different gps and both tests came back negative but its the sore and scabbing that gets me worried.
I get very anxious and annoyed whenever this THING comes back, sometimes I don't even want to have sex with my boyfriend because I am so paranoid that it will set off an itchy attack or that I do have a STD or infection and I will give it to him (even though we use condoms). Basically it leaves me an emotional train wreck, and even walking can be uncomfortable.

Every single gp I go to has not been very helpful at all, and sooner rather than later the itchiness, swelling, redness and sores return.
I shave my pubic hair and have considered switching to waxing to see if it improves the situation.

I may visit the gp one last time with the extra information and questions mentioned here to get this thing sorted once and for all.

Keep well ladies and try not to scratch!!!
I am posting this same e-mail on all of my "watched posts," Because my problem is solved and I want to "pay it forward" one last time before I remove my name from this forum.

There seems to be more than one thing happening. I am writing to those women who: have a reoccurring rip-type fissures on the inside of the labia, between the labia and clitoris, along the natural fold. (Mine was always in the same spot. -Note my earlier posts.) You probably have sensitive skin, you are probably high-stress, you may be more "moist" than you think is "typical." You are in relatively good health-maybe you workout. You have at times thought it was everything from soap to rough sex to a "big" boyfriend. You have ruled out everything, one at a time including Herpies (herpes) and other VD's with a test from Dr. It may be worse with hormonal changes, (monthly) or cyclically reoccurring or just always there to some degree. I had this same condition. "Chronic Whatever-itis" What ever they call it, it means your skin is inflamed. They are naming the symptoms, not the cause/problem.

I went to a Dr. He prescribed a topical steroid and a antibiotic. I also had a infection, which is common when things are out of balance down there. (yeast infections also can be commonly be present). I took the meds, it got better for a week, then came right back and I didn't return to Dr. for another year-just lived with it. This was the second Dr. I went to over the years for it. I had it 2001-2003, then all of 2008-2010. (You can wait and wait and live frustrated, (like I did), or go back as soon as the symptoms return and get your life back! Be assertive! I asked a lot of questions, gave him a ton of data on all that had "ruled out", that I was a serial monogamist that always used protection with my faithful boyfriends... (Frankly, I think he was bored with all of the talk, b/c they are trained to treat the symptoms with the mildest they think will work.) When I returned, He apologized that he didn't treat it more aggressively, the first time. By then I was crying and defeated thinking I would just have it forever. As he explained paired with my research and my first-hand account, this is what happened: At some time there was a trauma to the area, a scratch, rough touch, or yeast infection that went haywire. The body’s defenses are jumping on that area because it had an issue with that area already. My vaginal balance was way off. When the ph changes, and allows more bacteria/yeast to grow, (naturally through the month), that change/moisture irritated the area, increased discharge or sweat from working out or sitting too long, (little oven) irritated the area, my changing soaps and detergents 1,000 different times trying to solve the issue paired with extra wiping, washing and attention to the area irritated it and, it just never got to totally heal. All of the junk I put on it may have made it worse and the worrying didn't help a bit. He prescribed a "Z-pack" Which is Zithromax 250MG/Generic=Azithromycin=4 pills. He prescribed Flagyl 500MG=Metronidazole=14 pills. He prescribed Clobetasol .05% cream=a topical steroid, which I was going to use if I needed it after the antibiotics, but I didn't (maybe I used it for 2-3 days) - I was worried about the steroid, b/c of the fact that it thins the skin and it seemed counter - production intuitively to me). Anyhow the Antibiotics worked great! My body was able to heal itself after the Antibiotic Napalm Bomb. I have discolored skin from the years of trying to healing, but that too is lightening up and I have ZERO pain. It made me think of the "hard reset" on my computer. You know it's not great to do, but sometimes it must be done when nothing else is working. Also, separately and unsolicited -after seeing what I was prescribed, the Pharmacist volunteered that he had only seen this prescribed this way a couple of other time, but that it was quite effective for aggressively solving issues. By the way, he also said, "Do NOT drink alcohol with the one! Like no ‘wine sauce’ at dinner, no 'just a sip of wine.' No mouthwash- It contains alcohol- unless you want to be violently sick.

I wish you all luck in getting your issue taken care of.

Thank to everyone for all of your posts!
Like everyone else said, thanks for sharing.  I'm in the same boat (why else would I google 'vaginal tears' for fun?!!).  

Just wondering:  HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE ON THE PILL WITH THIS PROBLEM??!!  

I never had a problem until I started THE PILL.  I really think it's a chronic yeast/PH problem caused by synthetic hormones.  

Was on pills for years and years and years. It did start around the time I decided to feel what my body felt like without the pill. Also time of much stress!
I am very happy that I found this forum.  I too have been having this problem.  I have related it to estrogen levels because I had a complete historectomy back in the year 2000.  I was put on Premarin for 8 years and never had a problem.  My Doctor thought it was time I got off Premarin and took something herbal.  I started using an over the counter product and the tears started.  The only thing that relieved the itching and pain was yeast infection cream.  I have to use the cream for a couple of days and the tears get better.  I am seeing a GYN right now and was pertrubed because she mentioned it could be herpes. This upset me very much, but after reading all of your posts I now feel better.  She did a swab of one of the cuts and is going to test it.  I also am doing blood tests.  I will let you know what we come up with.  Thank you everyone for sharing.
PLEASE GO TO THE DOCTOR if it is at all persistent or re-occuring....

Demand your Dr. to try what my Dr. finally tried. (and later apologized for no being more aggressive the first times...)

My Dr. prescribed a "Z-pack" Which is Zithromax 250MG/Generic=Azithromycin=4 pills. He prescribed Flagyl 500MG=Metronidazole=14 pills. He prescribed Clobetasol .05% cream=a topical steroid, which I was going to use if I needed it after the antibiotics, but I didn't (maybe I used it for 2-3 days) - I was worried about the steroid, b/c of the fact that it thins the skin and it seemed counter - production intuitively to me). Anyhow the Antibiotics worked great! My body was able to heal itself after the Antibiotic Napalm Bomb. Now I can eat healthier and what ever else I want to try with the problem solved!

I am still totally fine and most people who really have a solution don't return to a site like this to leave specific drugs and detail to the persistent problem they are finally rid of... I worry about people fearing something terrible and not going to dr. or trying everything under-the sun over the counter and irritating the problem... I am 100% better and "normal" as I ever was...

AND IF I had read that message (to go to dr.) earlier, instead of all of the posts that listed some or no success I could've possibly been free of this years ago. AND if it comes back I will go immediately back and demand the exact prescription I listed on my previous posting....

January 19, 2011

I have been getting reoccuring slit like cuts in the same two areas repeatedly! It is near the actual vaginal hole on either side they may go away for a day but after sex they come right back. Upon looking in a mirror it looks like slits or cuts they seem deep bc the inside is dark! I have nvr had any sores or blisters occur in other areas and I've nver had this problem until my parter whom I've been with for 3 years who happends to be well endowed. I have had paps and blood tests for std's and have came up with nothing however I've never mentioned this problem to my doctor bc I have heard it could be a severe yeast infection. Please help!
I'm in my 20's, and I've been to multiple gynecologist and feel as if vulvodynia (vestibulitis) is a rule out diagnosis. In other words, we can't figure out what it is and we've ran tons of tests...cultures and blood work so here's what we'll call it. I have absolutely no health issues, I'm clean, healthy, and std free, except for vestibular swelling and pain at random. I've found I have less pain/swelling bouts if I take calcium citrate, which changes my urine ph to make it less offending to the skin down there. However the itching and swelling that comes at times is still a mystery. I did try the gels that are supposed to re-flora your vaginal area to reset the pH back to normal, however I did not find any true help with them, just mess.   I'm now doing an experiment on low processed sugars food intake and hardly any dairy at all, I don't know how this will go, but what have I got to lose.
last thursday my life changed...I woke up with a papercut like thing so I went to the doc and she said she would do a herpes biopsy whicih FREAKED ME OUT!
the next day the papercut thing was gone...still the next day I noticed some burning sensation and redness on my vagina...so I got scared.
My last sexual intercourse was on July 31 and thses symptoms showed up on September 8, so I thought the normal incubation period was over...
so I started paying attention to my urine since I did not have any open cut.

I made a test for my urine and came back to be on the maximum acidic number,and also it was comming out extremely hot so I decided to open my vagina every time I peed so the urine did not touch my skin. (Every time I peed the burning started)...and also washed myself everytime after peeing...
when I started doing that the birning started to decrease as the skin healed from the irritation..and if I could not wash myself the burning came back.

so My OBGYN sent me some urine test (none of the test have come back)... and sent me an antibiotic give when there's an infection. adn she said I had no open cuts or anything but we should wait for the results since she could not tell if it was herpes or not.

well, I got a mild fever and pain on the lower abs, which started to go up to my kidneys! and I got scared!....
well I started to drink more water and to take alcaline foods and fruits and I think the urine have gotten softer.

still if I take longer to take the antibiotic the mild fever comes back and I've had it for 48 hrs up and down.

I also notices that my discharge was acidic too and where that open cut appeared was exactly where a lot of discharge accumulates, thought maybe the acidic discharge made the irritated skin open.
Right now all the area that never touches the urine or the discharge is back to normal color and does not burn unless discharge or urine touches it. the only area that is still red and irritated is exactly around the urethra.

I am sooooooooooooooooo scared it could be Herpes!!!!

anyone here that have had this think this migh be herpes? how does a regular herpes fever lasts?
I have to wait like 5 more days for the resuslts to come back and I am going crazy!!!!!...and the blood test has the last word!!....  oh and btw today I found a new papercut. last one healed from one day to the other. and this new one is on the exact same place but on the opposite side...and it's on a place qhere there is a natural vaginal line or wrnkle (do not know how to describe it)
I am so scared!
btw I got this one week and a half after gettin the third dose of the Gardasil shot (HPV vaccine) I even thought it could be a side effect to that.
I also have that but I'm 18 is it normal for my age to have that problem am I able to use any cream to heal it? Like vagisal cream? I thought it would of been like herpes but as you said it's not I take your word but what should I do see a dr?
i am 20 years. i have had vagina tears and  my labia skin is peeling. i also have itching. i am scared.
i am with a guy for 3yrs nw...n we are having sex since d last 1 month.it was my 1st tym,bt not 4 him..neways i tore my skin right below d opening of my vagina..1st of all i thot it was bcz of me being virgin..or maybe bcz of him being so huge n his rough sex.the tear bleed a bit,it itched during urination..i had fever 4 3days n d pain remained 4 a week...i thot it healed bt it nvr did..every time i hav sex..the skin splits.i stopped wearing panties at bedtime,kept it clean.. bt it still tears.
n everytime i hav sex i have fever dat night.can anyone kindly tell me a solution to this prblm?is it bcz of rough sex?or do i hav herpes?
embarrassed n confused.
Yeast infection! :)
Monistat 7 day treatment and my yeast infection, my itchy, sore, small cuts on labia, white chunky discharge and discomfort on my vagine WENT AWAY!!. WOO HOO I'm so happy.!!! I got the yeast infection during pregnancy and during my first year postpartum. My case is hormonal and it might come back, but I don't have insurance and Monistat 7 day worked after the 2nd day so I don't mind depending on it.

Good luck everyone... love f
You may be right about it being candida. I happened to go to my gyn during the time of my split, and the doc took a sample for testing, which he later said was candida. I was surprised to learn that yeast could behave so badly. I thought it might be herpes.
Ive been reading all these posts from years ago up to now. I was taking a shower and went to lift my leg to shave and it was weird that i noticed it. I have no bumps or lumps, nothing white, just this little hard round hole/tear in near the lip. I dont have any of the symptoms anyone else has tho... so im a bit worried. Ive been with the same guy for almost 5 years and never had this issue before. Im hoping its the yeast thing. but its not discharging or itching... its just ... well there. Im gonna call my gyn on monday to get in as soon as i can to see but til then ive been looking stuff up and everything says HERPES til i got to this page. What an awful thing the internet can be sometimes. Almost been tryin to look up any photos(as gross as it may or maynot be) of what all these different things people are posting about and cant find any of them that look like what i have... just a hole/tear. its a bit much that i have to wait even 3 days to go into the docs... i dunno what to do.
I am 26 and have only slept with 3 men in my life. They were all long term boyfriends whom I had dated for years. I get a regular STD test with each yearly check-up exam, and have never tested positive. During my appointment this past October, my doctor noted a yeast infection, and prescribed a 1 time pill to clear things up. Never noticed symptoms of this diagnosis, so couldn't notice if had "cleared up", just assumed.

Fast forward to November, when I start to experience itching, burning when peeing, and an increase in discharge that changed off and on from clear to white. While I knew I probably had another yeast infection, I didn't do anything other than take a few over the counter pills here and there, and the problem would go away. SO I FIGURED NO BIG DEAL, no need to go back to the doctor.
The last week of Nov. I came down with gastroenteritis, a virus that literally eats a hole out your stomach lining. Never been sicker in my life!!!!
After a whole week of not physically being able to move out of my bed, I recovered. This is when the yeast infection symptoms came back. I know that when your body is in such a weakened state (hence the very serious illness I had just experienced) your immune system is more apt to be attacked. But it was more than just the vaginal symptoms. I now believe, after reading these threads, that the type of candida I am suffering from is not the overly assumed and overly diagnosed bacterial yeast infection a.k.a. bacterial vaginosis.
I believe this because my symptoms were a red rash on the face, around the mouth (I thought it was severe chapped lips until I researched), the skin under my eyes, my forehead, and neck. The rash was extremely itchy and DRIED out into flakes if I scratched (sometimes even burned).
I have also suffered off and on from an red itchy and irritable rash on my armpits that would come severely and then go away when treated with a topical ointment-- my doctor gave me (nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Ointment/Cream). I believed this rash to be an allergic reaction to my deodorant. But after around 2 years worth of switching to every brand both chemical and natural nothing decreased the rash when it would break out. I found online that this is also another popular place for yeast to take over.

New Years Eve my boyfriend and I had sex. I was just starting to notice a strong odored discharge coming back again! It wasn't as strong as previous, so wasn't too concerned. A few hours later, my vagina was extremely sore, and peeing started to burn. I determined I was experiencing pain from perhaps a UTI or just soreness from rough sex and my being too dry at the time (also had my birth control adjusted to a new estrogen level in Oct which has been leading me to be more dry rather than less which was what I was trying to fix).
3 days later, I am experiencing the same symptoms which seemed to be worsening, to the point where my vagina was so itchy I scratched it during my sleep. The next day, during work I notice I am having pain walking, moving, bending, etc. When I came home I checked in the mirror. I immediately became extremely scared at the sight of white sores inside the very bottom of my lips and on the outer lower left lip crease (only).
I was having a large amount of discharge that had a very nasty odor, color was slightly yellow/green tinted. Eventually the odor dissipated.
I could not tell if the sores were warts. They also sort of look like a cut/gash. I am in terrible pain now for the 2nd day that those cut looking pain causers have been there. I don't believe it is herpes. When I saw this thread I was SO RELIEVED to learn that a very bad yeast infection that has gone untreated for a long time can cause discharge and cuts. But I am trying to deal with the possibility it could be an STD. I know that is a very real possibility as I am sexually active. But I am scared, will be DEVASTATED if it is STD, and a little in denial to believe that is what it is.

I have an appoint. with my GYNO on Monday.

Today, Friday, I had to go to my walk in clinic when the horrid rash I've had on my face since I was ill suddenly exploded and my entire face and neck was red and itchy and burning. I'm talking full blown allergic reaction type deal!!
The doctor who saw me was nice, however did not want to entertain the idea it could be a yeast outbreak type thing, much like you have all said he would react.
I even told him that after reading a forum I was warned he would react that way. He had a derm dr. come in for 2nd opinion and all she did was LOOK at me for 5 seconds from the door, and agree I was having an allergic reaction but it was nothing to do with yeast. She did not come close to my face, she didn't touch the rash, didn't look under a lamp with better lighting. Needless to say, she didn't do any sort of the word "examine"!!

She recommended a topical steroid!! I even know that you can't use many steroids on the face because they thin your skin and your face skin is way too delicate for those hard core medicines.

Since I knew I would be seeing my GYNO in 3 days I didn't push the issue.
They decided on a steroid shot which I accepted because at this point my face was in a terrible condition and I needed some type of relief ASAP.

I asked the other doctor if he would take the steroid shot if he were me, and he said yes. He said he normally didn't like steroids because they can be dangerous, but for the severity of my case he would definitely take the shot.

I noticed results right away, and after around 3 hours my rash had gone from a 9 to a 1 1/2.

Please look into more information for a product called Aquaflora "Candida High Potentcy 9" which I found at Earthfare and is a homeopathic medication. I am starting it tonight, and read the box inside out. I am very pleased with everything this product stands for and agree with all that I read. It can also be used along with any yeast of fungal product.
Hello ladies i to thought I was like the only who has been having this same problem i to get this like paper cut right at the top of my vagina lips and there are times it doesn't bother me and at other times it stings and itches and from my knowledge and drs diagnosed it is in fact Yeats infection some yeast infections can get really bad and unfortunatly in my case i get yeast infections quite often due to me being a type 2 diabetic and me having low immune system . It seems that when my sugar levels are out if control and are very high whicih is mostly all the time that is when it starts to bother me with stinging and burning sensation as well as itching in also notce that when this does happen and I check down there I always seem to have alot of moistness down there really wet which that's what the yeast comes from is the moisture from I'm told by my dr. Usually when applly vagisil it seems to sooth it and it  goes away but my concern is sometime so noticed especially after I hve shaved doesn there I get this white like crust on the edge of my outer lips there is not foul smell but I do notice i seem to have alot of clear white discharge everyday sometimes heavy other times not so heavy dies anyone else have this problem with the discharge?
I have had this exact same problem and have fought with so many doctors it isn't even worth discussing most of my discussions with them.  I've had so many herpes tests it is ridiculous.  I do NOT have herpes.  I believe it to be chronic candida and no one has ever really helped me.  I did have one great dr. who kept me on and off diflucan and saw me through several diet regimens. I don't know the answer but if anyone out there does - help.
I been getting these sore like cut on my vaginal area, it hurt when ever liquid touch it and also I been itching an awful lot.. I am scard to find out what it is. I been reasearching an awful lot about std's. I need help!
I'm 17 years old, and pregnant. I had a yeast infection before and I took prescription meds but a week ago I started feeling symptoms similar to when I had a yeast infection. If it is, how can I get rid of it, and will it affect my baby and pregnancy?
Just wanted to add the story of my experience in case it helps anyone.  I've had the vaginal cuts problem for about 11 years now....ever since my C-section (more on that later).  I went to one obgyn and she said it was not herpes and they had been seeing "more" of this but did not know what it was.  She gave me a very strong steroid cream which I only used a few times.  It was on and off and about 2 or 3 years ago it came back fierce.  I treated it with monistat and steroid cream and douches etc.  Everything seemed to make it worse.  I went to a different obgyn and she prescribed an estrogen cream (I'm early 50s) and a steroid cream.  However, at the same time, I had been having other strange symptoms (there are other really LONG threads just like this for similar itchy cracks in the nipples, which I also get).  I was watching my diet, because I had a suspicion it was diet related.  Rather than using the drugs prescribed, I cut out all dairy from my diet, and slowly got better.  I have discovered that if I avoid dairy, I can pretty much avoid the vaginal and nipple cracks.  So, for me it is at least partially an allergy thing.  I also think, however, that I picked up some kind of new bacteria in my vagina when I had my C-section.  I had an infection right after that which I could not treat (because the drug was not for breast-feeding mothers) and it has never been the same since.  I think that sometimes this bacteria comes back strong - so I was not surprised to see that one woman had been diagnosed with a strep B infection.  I also work out a lot and have noticed that I need to wash RIGHT away after sweating a lot or it tends to come back.  Finally, as for the diet, I have suspicions that the GMO corn fed to most dairy cattle is sending bti toxins through to us.  GMO corn has the genes for bti built in, which is a chemical that splits open the gut of insects.  I have nothing but a hunch, but my dairy reaction is not lactose intolerance.  So this is a complex problem with probably different causes for different people.  Good luck to all, and if you have EVER suspected you might be reacting to foods, try a dairy-free diet for a while.
Ive got the same issue also. I suffer with herpes virus in my eye and now its developed around my vagina. I must go back to the doctors again as its extremely painful this time. Is there any over the counter meds that I can buy to help ease the symptoms? ??
About 6 weeks ago, I had oral sex performed on me for the first time and I also had protected sex (intercourse) with this person (who is a new partner). Maybe 2-3 days later, I started experiencing irritation and discomfort in my vaginal area. A day or so after feeling the irritation, I noticed that my vagina was very swollen. I started rubbing down there because of the unbearable irritation and it seemed to get worse. I looked down there to check it out and saw that the skin inside and around the vulva area looked like it had been tearing and the skin looked very peely (not actually peeling off though). I also experienced more discharge than usual at times. Twice it came out watery and looked slightly milky. The discharge usually happened after wiping after using the bathroom. (Don't know if this is relevant: I also saw a little brown spot on the vulva area that I don't think I have ever seen there before. It doesn't hurt to touch or pinch it.)

No burning when urinating.
No bleeding.
No constant itching.
No noticeable blisters or ulcers.
No body aches or fever/ flu-like symptoms.

Main issues: Tearing (on the inner part and inside), unusual watery discharge (sometimes not watery but a little cheesy but white), and swelling on the outside (only lasted for about 5 days). These symptoms lasted for about 2 weeks. It's been about 4 weeks since and I have noticed that it looks like some tearing is happening again and that little brown spot is still there (a bump? I don't know).

I don't have health insurance or a job, so I can't see a gynecologist! No money. I called several medical hotlines and no one seems to even have a slight clue of what it might be.

Anyone experienced this???
I've gotten them for the last 20 years it seem it's an irritation sometimes the soap you're using, you're ph balance is off. that is what my obgyn told me so I use aveno no fragrance wash in that area and it seems to work. good luck and no it's not herpes. i too was diagnosed with herpes it turns out 20 years later it was misdiagnosed and it really is shingles.