Vaginal burning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal burning

I have had a problem with vaginal and vulval burning and pain for over three weeks.  My GP said there were white cells in a urine sample, and visible soreness during exam. He prescribed Citrofloxacin, but a week's regimine didn't help.  My Gynechologist has not come to any conclusions as to why I have such intense pain. He prescribed a numbing jelly which helped somewhat on the external, vulva area but most of the pain is within the vagina, along the right wall.

The main problem, is that the pain becomes much more intense in the evening, right before I go to bed. It feels "systemic" in nature - like it is affecting my whole body.  I feel a strange discomfort in my throat and chest when the vaginal pain flairs up. It is impossible for me to read, watch tv, or get to sleep while having that burning pain.  I need to take an ambian in order to get to sleep.  During the night, the pain subsides somewhat and in the morning it is better. However, this condition is worsening as time goes on.  I hate the thought of going to bed at night. Any idea about what this condition might be?  I have no pain during urination, but the urine might be affecting my vagina.
Please do not go to this doctor again, ask for another doctor.
You have to take action, you cannot feel this miserable and worry so much for something that will not be big, do not worry. I feel that what you have may be an inflamation (inflammation) internally, maybe you have a pimple inside, or a cyst that the doctor can extract. They should do a ultrasound to see what you have. Just in case take cranberry tablets, and be very carefull how you clean after you pi. And if there is no pain when pi. then maybe it is not an infection in the vagina, maybe it is in an upper organ or just as I told a pimple or a cyst in the vulva internaly. And at night is more because you are tired and your blood is circulating more, like swelling feet.
Please do not be worried, just go to another doctor, someone a good friend trusts, and do not let this stay in your head. Be brave and cure yourself.

Thank you for your comments.  Yes, I agree I should see another doctor.  Today I feel more discomfort in throat and chest.  Maybe a blood sample should be taken.  Thank you again.