Vaginal tears?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Vaginal tears?

So here is my thing. Today I noticed that when I wipe after going to the bathroom it was painful. I took a mirror down there (always a scary idea) and notice I believe 2-3 separate red-lines/potential tears. They didn't seem to bleed, almost just looked like stretch marks but for your lady parts.
No blisters, no itching, just those tears and pain. My husband and I had sex a couple days ago and didn't lube up as much as we normally do, and I started my period recently. I don't know if those things really factor in but what the hey.
Me and my husband have only ever had sex with one another, and all the things I have goggled say yeast infection (which I have never had) or STIs (which I have never had either).
What are some suggestions?
The vagina and vulva are delicate, yet resilient structure made of skin, mucous membranes, muscle and so forth. The lining of the vagina is very similar to the tissue that lines the inside of your mouth. It's soft, squooshy, and it bleeds when it's cut or roughly rubbed. Just take some rest and use sanitary napkins to absorb bleeding. Please do not use aspirin as it will aggravate bleeding. You can use some mild analgesics and antiinflammatories. Till there is complete healing, abstain from Intercourse. If the bleeding is severe then you may need medicines to stop bleeding like tranexemic acid prescribed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hey thanks,
I just was careful when cleaning and monitored it and refrained from sex and it all went away. I had started my period and asked my doctor about potential yeast infection and she said nothing look bad just probably a little more lube the next time we have sex and if anything were to change let her know.
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on KTowne's status
Avatar n tn
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
Aug 23
krichar commented on photo
Aug 23
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals