Very dark discharge almost black.
I am 20 years old and my reproductive area has never been totaly healthy. But recently I have been having a dark brown discharge and today it got thicker and heavier and is now almost black I just want to know if this is normal or if it something that should be looked into. I have had Mild Dysplasia in the past and wonder if this is a flare up of some sort.
I had SEVERE dysplasia and never had black discharge.  It sounds like you are getting really close to your period.  I have gotten the brown stuff before but never to where it looked black.  I would keep an eye and see how long it lasts and see if you get your period soon.  If not it never hurts to put a call into the dr just to be safe.  I call them for EVERYTHING that I think is out of the norm.  I called the ER one day because I had an ear infection and wanted to know if it was suppose to hurt as bad as it did LOL!!!!!!!!!!   If ever there is something that does NOT seem right to you always check.  Good Luck & take care.
Thank you, I have been having periods since I was in the 6th grade and never had it color like this before so, that is why I was wondering. That could possibly be it though. Thank you

I experienced a similar problem when I was pregnant, turned out to be a bacterial vaginosis. The dark brown was old blood from the irritation and inflammation. You should see your doctor.
I go to the doctor every three months (for then next 3/4 year) And my next one isn't for another month and a half, is it something that can wait or should I try to get in this week?